Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Beadophiles

Options

Comments

my 2 pics.
    3-4 weeks since polish,
    only washed every weekend.
    360417.jpg

360418.jpg

using autoglym basic stuff

p.s. currently using this as my phone wallpaper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

You'd nearly look forward to rain with Collinite!

IMG_31341_zpspqc3oonh.jpg

IMG_31361_zpsvzkjvebp.jpg

IMG_31351_zps523boaij.jpg

IMG_31421_zps92iasv8z.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It is one of the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Just going through some old pictures and found this which I meant to post ages ago. Probably my favourite beading photo (of mine) and would you believe.....taken with a PHONE :eek:

959C4B3FE2AE43338D4253AB5CC3D57C-0000372590-0003725349-00800L-1511F9527C3248F58B4EA616A018ACFA.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Autoglym Resin Polish plus two coats of Collinite 845

20723298933_bc42791cc8_h.jpg

Love how you got the shadows of the beads too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Great shot, looks like there on snow at a glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

They look frozen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Another pic taken this evening of the bonnet after a shower and then the sun came out.

21175707958_61b0bf2f23_h.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭micks_address

k00es.jpg

Collinite 845

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Fusso working away

20150920_144319_zpsconx7iy7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭JoeA3

D33E4569-8D71-4623-A1D8-30C29F2284AC_zps9s9lmqqc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Whats on the car Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Curran wrote: »
    Whats on the car Joe?

Looks like rain water.

:pac:

dar83 wrote: »
    Looks like rain water.

:pac:

LOL :D

Whats on the car Joe?

Brian in Spirit Detailing applied a ceramic sealant / coating on it about a month ago. I'm thinking aloud now if I should give it the occasional top-up with a good wax or would I be wasting my time/effort/cash? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

20150906_090614_zpsysg3cggr.jpg

Maybe just give it a shot of something like Gtechniq C2V3 or OAC Perfection after each wash.

Funny bunch, aint yiz!! Feck off! :D

Joe, no, would leave it as is, anything applied on top, is going to take away from the coating he applied.

• Advertisement

Funny bunch, aint yiz!! Feck off! :D

Joe, no, would leave it as is, anything applied on top, is going to take away from the coating he applied.

Thanks Curran.

Hmmm, I was thinking later on, say in a few months time if I have to do a big de-tar on it (kinda inevitable), would I not need to apply some kind of top on it then, whether it be a sealant or a wax? The rear end of the car is unreal for sucking up tar and iron deposits, so I find that I have to de-iron / de-tar the rear end a lot especially...

My best advice would be to shoot Brian an email, on how best to maintain the coating - he might have some maintenance products that will boost the current coating.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

My best advice would be to shoot Brian an email, on how best to maintain the coating - he might have some maintenance products that will boost the current coating.

In a nutshell.

Well I did just that, and Brian suggests leaving well enough alone :pac: Any wax / top-up that I'd apply would probably be a waste of time and effort and if anything it could reduce the effectiveness of his coating.

As I said! :)

Certain products do have maintenance products that can be used to help boost the coating, and certain shampoos that should also be used; as certain shampoos clog the microscopic links of the coating.

CarPro Reload for example is designed as a stand alone product but also something that helps cleanse and boost the Cquartz UK nano coating they sell. So if the coating starts to lack a bit of pop or beading seems to be going away because the coating is clogged, it's alost like resetting it.

On a similar subject, my car came with the Autoglym Lifeshine coating on it, so I did some reading up and it is one of the coatings that you can put a wax on top of and it should actually help it last somewhat longer also. So I washed the car this weekend and gave it a coating of Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax. Some morning dew (was late for work so couldn't spend the time to get more decent shots :( ).

42AC783E-49E5-43A2-AB03-0DE08D778B62.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

first post in here -

MB201 after an AutoGlymming session - all by hand, no machine polishing

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

dar83 wrote: »
    On a similar subject, my car came with the Autoglym Lifeshine coating on it, so I did some reading up and it is one of the coatings that you can put a wax on top of and it should actually help it last somewhat longer also. So I washed the car this weekend and gave it a coating of Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax. Some morning dew (was late for work so couldn't spend the time to get more decent shots :( ).

Very colourful beads :)

Car still managing to look like it;s covered in felt every morning when I go out, thanks to it not actually raining since it was last given some TLC.

You can just about make out the steam rising from it in this picture as well, which looked really sweet in person, but the camera didn't quite capture it so well.

6B793FDD-2A5A-477D-A7DC-08325CFF43DF.jpg

• Advertisement

Hot Hatch has caused the steam :P

Advertisement