Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Anyone here the winner of the 86million on the euromillions???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone here the winner of the 86million on the euromillions???

Yip, that was me, but I've (can't say on this thread... It begins with W and ends with Card) got more important things to be doing than celebrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

How popular is American football in the UK? I believe there are rumors of creating a team in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

15 yrs ago that's scary. Between the cup run and the fantasy football competition the club has made a few bob this yr.

Bah. Away to Pats.

Been drawn away every round, and no big ties, so no money made on cup run so far. And this is the worst semi we could have got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FHFC wrote: »
    Bah. Away to Pats.

Been drawn away every round, and no big ties, so no money made on cup run so far. And this is the worst semi we could have got.

Did you ever consider the fact that if ye had any big ties the chances are ye wouldn't be in this position:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads, please keep soccer talk to the soccer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What a weekend of sport ahead with the Ryder cup, hurling final replay, mcgregor fight, club rugby and rugby championship along with the usual dose of EPL

The Ryder cup is my favourite sporting event on TV bar none, if it's close going into the singles on Sunday then there's no better sport to be watched all year on TV

Saturday has Ryder cup from early and all say, merseyside derby at 12.45, utd v Westham at 3, hurling final replay at 5, arsenal v spurs at 5.30. Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Really looking forward to the Ryder Cup alright. In theory it'd probably be good for the tournament as a whole if the US actually won but once it starts there's no way I'll be thinking that.

Great to see Rory backing the Irish Open too, just a shame he didn't do it for Fota this year :pac: Hopefully it'll come back to Cork in 2016, with a year under it's belt and even more stars showing up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The Ryder Cup is on and I have Sky this year!

But I'm taking the kids over to Man Utd v West Ham. If only I'd realised, I'd have chosen a different game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Somehow wrangled (free!) weekend passes for the Ryder Cup. Heading on Thursday, Friday and Sunday (can't make Saturday).

Excited isn't the word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone that wants to get in the mood for the Ryder Cup, there's a documentary on Norn Ireland's 3 major winners on BBC tonight at 10:35.

It'll be a welcome break from Sky Sports Ryder Cup for me - it's bad when you're watching programs for the 3rd time in 3 days.

Hoping for a few assists from Stevie G tomorrow while Poulter knocks in some screamers. Captaining McGinley looks inspired now but if Phil and Keegan combine like they can it could be nervous times with all the eggs in the heavy hitting basket of Rory and Sergio.

Rose and Stenson in the early tee off should see some solid returns but Watson could be unpredictable. It was a little surprising that Donaldson was benched but rotation is a pretty standard thing these days. I'd still expect strong returns while Dubuisson could run riot sooner rather than later. Our rivals use of the wildcard could face some serious scrutiny having opted to leave the high risers of Horschel and Kirk out.

The opponents have gone for some cheeky differentials with Spieth and Reed. I'd also be worried about benching Gmac but we can't always play everyone. As expected Westwood will be held back as last sub for extreme emergencies.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hoping for a few assists from Stevie G tomorrow while Poulter knocks in some screamers. Captaining McGinley looks inspired now but if Phil and Keegan combine like they can it could be nervous times with all the eggs in the heavy hitting basket of Rory and Sergio.

Rose and Stenson in the early tee off should see some solid returns but Watson could be unpredictable. It was a little surprising that Donaldson was benched but rotation is a pretty standard thing these days. I'd still expect strong returns while Dubuisson could run riot sooner rather than later. Our rivals use of the wildcard could face some serious scrutiny having opted to leave the high risers of Horschel and Kirk out.

The opponents have gone for some cheeky differentials with Spieth and Reed. I'd also be worried about benching Gmac but we can't always play everyone. As expected Westwood will be held back as last sub for extreme emergencies.

Hahaha, how long did it take you to come up with that gem?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

So how did everyone enjoy the Ryder Cup? Was brilliant to be there. Great atmosphere around the course and great craic between the US and European fans - was right at the edge of the 7th when Reed started shushing everyone! I'm sure he's not most peoples cup of tea, but it's great for the atmosphere. Didn't follow any specific groups (the crowds were too big). Just picked spots around the course and waited for the groups to come through.

Brilliant weekend of sport - and I didn't even see any football! Great game between Kilkenny and Tipp. Tried to stick the Raiders - Dolphins game on last night but herself was having none of it ('Seriously, have you not had enough sport for one weekend?!').

Seeing as soccer is off limits I'd like to, purely in the interests of TV recommendations, draw attention to the excellent schedule on RTE 2 this Sunday from around 1.30!! Unfortunately I will miss this excellent programming as I will be very drunk on a bus from quite early in the morning! :D

Couldn't care less about FPL this weekend.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

FHFC wrote: »

Couldn't care less about FPL this weekend.... :)

But still posts in the FSA thread tonight,I call shennanigans and reckon your team is picked already.:p

zerks wrote: »
    But still posts in the FSA thread tonight,I call shennanigans and reckon your team is picked already.:p

Didn't say I wouldn't be trying! The outcome will be irrelevant in the context of the rest of my weekend. In the meantime I need some kind of outlet for my nervous energy godammit. ;)

Great win for Munster tonight and hopefully kickstarting the season. Squeaky bum time towards the end with just the 4 yellow cards in what 20 minutes. Stand up and fight :)

Enjoyed reading today some of the slate magazine articles from what, 13 years ago? No sign of the (in)famous blacks in the jacks copy online though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Did anyone manage to get into Oktoberfest in Dublin city over the last few weeks? Went along yesterday and i'm suffering big time now, tasty beer that Wheat Beer but my God the hangover is horrific!!

I drink wheat beer almost exclusively, the hangovers don't get any easier with time, unfortunately. Haven't made it down to the oktoberfest this year as I had a nasty accident on my bike recently and trying to stay off the beer.

if you're looking for other beers to try post-oktoberfest I'd highly recommend Rothaus hefeweizen. They sell it in against the grain/the black sheep and in decent offos too. Easily the nicest wheat beer going, until you start being your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

the excellent RTE schedule from 1.30 today has turned into nightmare stuff :(

the excellent RTE schedule from 1.30 today has turned into nightmare stuff :(

We are the Harps.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Xbox One or PS4 lads? My last console was a 360 but I'm leaning towards a PS4.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I drink wheat beer almost exclusively, the hangovers don't get any easier with time, unfortunately. Haven't made it down to the oktoberfest this year as I had a nasty accident on my bike recently and trying to stay off the beer.

if you're looking for other beers to try post-oktoberfest I'd highly recommend Rothaus hefeweizen. They sell it in against the grain/the black sheep and in decent offos too. Easily the nicest wheat beer going, until you start being your own.

Im a fan of Schneider Weisse myself, had a bottle of tap 4 over the weekend and it went down a treat.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lemlin wrote: »
    Xbox One or PS4 lads? My last console was a 360 but I'm leaning towards a PS4.

Get a SNES on eBay :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

manual_man wrote: »
    Get a SNES on eBay :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I started out on a Spectrum, moved onto an Amiga 500 and have owned everything from a Mega Drive to a Dreamcast but a SNES is something I never had!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lemlin wrote: »
    I started out on a Spectrum, moved onto an Amiga 500 and have owned everything from a Mega Drive to a Dreamcast but a SNES is something I never had!

:eek:

My favorite console ever!

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    :eek:

My favorite console ever!

I was a Mega Drive man and moved onto Playstation. I went big into games for a while then. Had a Dreamcast, PS2, N64 and Game Boy.

Hard to believe I don't own a console at all now.

Advertisement