Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

FHFC wrote: »
    I think we just started the video game nostalgia thread. :D

Sensible Soccer. Keep your FIFA 3d nonsense. Top down view. Tiny dot sized players. Mad swerve you could put on the ball. Best footie game ever.

321863.jpg
    wonski wrote: »
    I loved the c64 football game - not sure what it was called but I had it on a cartridge so there was no need to load the game, set up the head with a screwdriver etc.

We are old:o

Everything is so easy these days.

Edit: Just found it:D

Class games.
    Pain though waiting 20-40 minutes for a game to load only for it to crash and have to start from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

q2ice wrote: »
    Class games.
    Pain though waiting 20-40 minutes for a game to load only for it to crash and have to start from scratch.

Had 4 games on the cartridge (some facelift round version) including a crazy circus games. There was Olympic games I had on tape that made my mum go crazy - spent a fortune on new joysticks back in the day.

Javelin throw was a joystick killer at that time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Had 4 games on the cartridge (some facelift round version) including a crazy circus games. There was Olympic games I had on tape that made my mum go crazy - spent a fortune on new joysticks back in the day.

Javelin throw was a joystick killer at that time:D

daley thompsons decathlon... joystick stuck perpendicular to the wardrobe door for extra traction... and i think the crazy circus game was called freddy flimbos flying circus! i seem to recall having to guide a falling (diving) character into ever smaller containers!

p.s. International Soccer i remember that!! But Microprose Soccer was the daddy of C64 football games (anyone remember the banana shots?). i just remember Oman in brown shirts and the shame if u didn't put 5+ past them!

the music lol

*good times*

manual_man wrote: »
    daley thompsons decathlon... joystick stuck perpendicular to the wardrobe door for extra traction... and i think the crazy circus game was called freddy flimbos flying circus! i seem to recall having to guide a falling (diving) character into ever smaller containers!

p.s. International Soccer i remember that!! But Microprose Soccer was the daddy of C64 football games (anyone remember the banana shots?). i just remember Oman in brown shirts and the shame if u didn't put 5+ past them!

I think you mixed up some of the games;)

Flimbos Quest was an adventure game iirc (on the cartridge). One of my favourites at that time. Oman was the one to play against - I agree with that.

Flimbos and Circus were two separate games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

KevIRL wrote: »
    Cm 01/02? Best ever

What a game I made it up to 2034/2035 managing drogheda utd to champions league success 2 or 3 times. Cherno samba and maxim tsigalko what a strikeforce. First child was born in 2010 that was the end of my championship manager career. Peter Beardsley international soccer on the commodore 64 is the worst game Ive ever played.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeknzsgkY6U

• Advertisement

the music lol

*good times*

Ha - I just realized that the round shaped one was an old model. I used to play on the square one with my neighbour. Old, really old days.

Definitely good times though - we spent more time outside than inside despite all the games at that time.

*good times*

Microprose soccer was brilliant. That daley thompson decathlon would give you some serious blisters on your hand trying to move the joystick side to side with the palm of your hand when doing the running events.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think you mixed up some of the games;)

Flimbos Quest was an adventure game iirc (on the cartridge). One of my favourites at that time. Oman was the one to play against - I agree with that.

Flimbos and Circus were two separate games.

Flimbos Quest!! :cool:

So many that I'd forgotten altogether! We must have had a cartridge at some point. I definitely played Flimbo and that C64 Footie game endlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Micropose soccer and sensible soccer:pac: two amazing games for sure. I love the overhead view for sensible. I used to play a lot of American football games back in the day and the best I ever played was tecmo super bowl on the nes in the early 90s. Looks pretty crummy now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0

We had a spectrum 48 and a commodore 64, Atari and then Nintendo and Megadrive. I can remember a lot of the games (bomb jack, chuckie egg were two favourites). Those decathlon games were deadly as well.

Micropose soccer and sensible soccer:pac: two amazing games for sure. I love the overhead view for sensible. I used to play a lot of American football games back in the day and the best I ever played was tecmo super bowl on the nes in the early 90s. Looks pretty crummy now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0

We had a spectrum 48 and a commodore 64, Atari and then Nintendo and Megadrive. I can remember a lot of the games (bomb jack, chuckie egg were two favourites). Those decathlon games were deadly as well.

i remember playing madden nfl on the megadrive. that was a quality game. the N64 incarnation was quality too tho i don't think it was a big seller. nhl ice hockey on the megadrive too was savage that Gretzky guy was a beast!

• Advertisement

i remember playing madden nfl on the megadrive. that was a quality game. the N64 incarnation was quality too tho i don't think it was a big seller. nhl ice hockey on the megadrive too was savage that Gretzky guy was a beast!

It's all coming back to me now. NHL hockey games were class alright but my favourite hockey game was Blades of Steel, think I played it on the NES.

I always thought that Baseball was the game that translated best to video games, particularly in those days of poor graphics. Bases loaded and RBI baseball are two I remember fondly.

It's all coming back to me now. NHL hockey games were class alright but my favourite hockey game was Blades of Steel, think I played it on the NES.

I always thought that Baseball was the game that translated best to video games, particularly in those days of poor graphics. Bases loaded and RBI baseball are two I remember fondly.

wow yeah there was one baseball game i absolutely loved but i can't for the life of me remember the name of it! think it was on the C64

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My first two...

FutureGuy wrote: »
    My first two...

My God they are absolutely terrible:pac: Can't believe the second one is 87, check out the throw in at 2.13 and the passage of play that follows

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ye make the megadrive seem like a modern marvel here :pac:

That was my first console which was all about Sonic, Toejam and Earl, Streets of Rage and Street Racer. Sega Soccer was my first soccer game.

I'm so young :)

Ye make the megadrive seem like a modern marvel here :pac:

That was my first console which was all about Sonic, Toejam and Earl, Streets of Rage and Street Racer. Sega Soccer was my first soccer game.

I'm so young :)

I take it Mr P bought that game. Hardly a peep outa him since and it the Friday after a two week break.

I take it Mr P bought that game. Hardly a peep outa him since and it the Friday after a two week break.

i hope he's somewhere getting atrociously drunk. my whereabouts were semi-unknown for around 3 days after handing in my dissertation

i hope he's somewhere getting atrociously drunk. my whereabouts were semi-unknown for around 3 days after handing in my dissertation

Yeah that would be preferable, but you never know with young folks nowadays.

If I recall correctly I woke up on the hall of my student house wrapped up in the curtains off the small window on the half landing...from which I worked out I made it half way up the stairs, fell grabbing the curtains and just decided it wasn't worth the hassle to try again.

Yeah that would be preferable, but you never know with young folks nowadays.

If I recall correctly I woke up on the hall of my student house wrapped up in the curtains off the small window on the half landing...from which I worked out I made it half way up the stairs, fell grabbing the curtains and just decided it wasn't worth the hassle to try again.

you were probly right. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

A little from Column A, a little from Column B :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Sitting here sweating my balls off waiting to be Interviewed at the digital depot. Far too hot for a shirt and tie today, the half hour walk didn't help either. Then I've to trek back to pears street for a second interview, hopefully somebody gives me a job!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sitting here sweating my balls off waiting to be Interviewed at the digital depot. Far too hot for a shirt and tie today, the half hour walk didn't help either. Then I've to trek back to pears street for a second interview, hopefully somebody gives me a job!

Or deodorant.:p

F1ngers wrote: »
    Or deodorant.:p

Haha believe me i planned ahead for my mission today and took a can with me ;):rolleyes::D And yes... it was needed by time i got to interview no. 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

so did you get a job?

Should hear something back from both places by early next week, fingers crossed! I've been to a good few interviews now though and nothing so far so not getting my hopes up too much just yet though!

Sorry but I just have to say....FINN HARPS FC....FAI CUP SEMI FINALS.....YEEEEESSSSSSS

Sorry but I just have to say....FINN HARPS FC....FAI CUP SEMI FINALS.....YEEEEESSSSSSS

Great stuff hopefully get derry and beat them in the semis

Great stuff hopefully get derry and beat them in the semis

Can't see us going any further really. But its nice to get this far for the first time since you and your mates went and broke my wee heart in '99!

Good to have a few big games at the theatre of tin.... :)

Can't see us going any further really. But its nice to get this far for the first time since you and your mates went and broke my wee heart in '99!

Good to have a few big games at the theatre of tin.... :)

15 yrs ago that's scary. Between the cup run and the fantasy football competition the club has made a few bob this yr.

• Advertisement

Just got offered a job! BOOM!!:cool:

Advertisement