Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Walshey96

Fire away chief. My GT is Royal 1rish.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Walshey96 wrote: »
    Do the People on XBL mind if a send them a friend request?

Add away. GT is bluemachaveli

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

sheehy83 wrote: »
    On the top right of the page, you can change the stat tracking console. Mine was xbox and my stats were all zero. Switching to ps3 brought up all my max payne stats.

I have it set to track Xbox and I have an Xbox:-/ My L.A Noire And TLAD stats seem to be showing correctly but my GTA IV stats are all 0. It's hardly because i have 2 save profiles on GTA IV?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    I have it set to track Xbox and I have an Xbox:-/ My L.A Noire And TLAD stats seem to be showing correctly but my GTA IV stats are all 0. It's hardly because i have 2 save profiles on GTA IV?

Not fully sure but gta 4 may have been before rockstars social site stat tracking. They have all their old games listed, will check my own gta 4 stats later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Jasus this looks fupping class!!!! The sheer depth and breadth of the world is immense...the 3 person story agnle plus the online mode makes this an absolute must have.

Gotta get this on the wife's radar for Christmas!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Spanish gaming website 3DJuegos have just released an interview with R* North's Art Director Lezlie Benzies. Summary...

General:
    • The camera will zoom out and pan away to your online character seamlessly. During the animation, a matchmaking process will be in progress.
    • You can do almost anything you can do in single player in GTA Online.
    • You can change weather, time of day, time you want it to rain or to be a certain weather state, radio station to be tuned at the start of the race or mission in the Content Creator.
    • You can watch races and deathmatches on your apartment TV.
    • There are masks to hide from the cops.
    • The Online will be run on the Social Club servers, data will be stored on the cloud. There are datacenters from NY to San Diego, and more Rockstar studios.

Missions:
    • Each mission requires a rank depending on difficulty and complexity. The bigger your rank, the more difficult the missions will be.
    • There are around 700 missions in GTA Online. 500 will be available to play on release, as more will be added eventually.
    • Missions will be ordered randomly as you play Online.

Multiplayer:
    • For certain heists you might need certain weapons, vehicles or characters such as a sniper or a driver. This will also depend on the mission creator if you download the mission from the Social Club.
    • Some missions are so complex they need plenty of good communication.
    • There will be descriptions to help each character on its heist function.
    • There is something called "team lives". If you have 4 team lives and 4 people, if everyone dies there will be 0 lives left, or if you die 4 times, the team will have 0 lives left, which means if anyone dies, it's mission failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

This is going to completely redefine gaming, it's definitely a first.

Kinda reminds me of when GTA III came out,

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Go ahead gamer tag: Gary F

5T3PH3N wrote: »

Check mine and I have all my stats. I had 2 game saves and it seemed to take a mix of both saves stats. Not sure why you would have zero tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

went on there to the social club request sent :)
    Psn ID is dedijin2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wasnt going to bother with the online stuff, but seen today that there will be between 500 and 700 online missions and more will be added all the time. Think that's me sold!

went on there to the social club request sent :)
    Psn ID is dedijin2

Sent you an invite there, crew at 99.....1 more!

It sounds class how each mission has a description, what type characters are needed (driver, sniper, etc.) and the general role they should play.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tafkapts

you can add me too, i'm trying to build up a solid gaming friends list for GTVOnline

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sent you an invite there, crew at 99.....1 more!

It sounds class how each mission has a description, what type characters are needed (driver, sniper, etc.) and the general role they should play.
    Add me, PSN id is meath77

tafkapts wrote: »
    you can add me too, i'm trying to build up a solid gaming friends list for GTVOnline

I sent you a request last night :)

I sent you a request last night :)
    Hey Walshey, was that a social club request or a friend request because I don't see any request on my end, maybe you could try again?

Hey Walshey, was that a social club request or a friend request because I don't see any request on my end, maybe you could try again?

Sorry it was a friend request on XBL

My bad Walshey, I see it there now, i'll accept it when I get home this evening.

Does anyone have Max Payne 3 who plays online? I've been playing it for the past few days. It's actually a lot better than I though it was going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Lads has been any talk on how the career on-line side of it works. Do you like save on-line when your quitting so your cash , cars and stuff is saved and comes with you then when you go to a different sever. And what if I buy house X on server 1 and you buy House X on server 2 and then we both go to server 3 both owning the same house. How that work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I guess that would make you's house mates. The question is which one of you's leaves the toilet seat up.

• Advertisement

My bad Walshey, I see it there now, i'll accept it when I get home this evening.

Does anyone have Max Payne 3 who plays online? I've been playing it for the past few days. It's actually a lot better than I though it was going to be.

I picked it up today for 15euro in Entertainment Exchange (360)

Just been playing the single player so far and the shooting mechanics in it are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

you can add me aswell,need to clean out some IRL heads 1st
    naughtokev is game tag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

PSN = Kenno90

Need to take a week off for this :p

Do we know how many people can be in one game at a time?

Cienciano wrote: »
    Do we know how many people can be in one game at a time?

As I posted that I remembered the OP had all the info
    GTA Online is a persistent online world for 16 active players, but hundreds of thousands of players (however many take part) exist in the larger universe
    How will that work? death matches and stuff like that will be in enclosed areas on the map?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Cienciano wrote: »
    As I posted that I remembered the OP had all the info

How will that work? death matches and stuff like that will be in enclosed areas on the map?

Sounds about right. Maybe a downtown map, island map etc.

Will be interesting to see how they do it. Looking at the videos it looks fairly crazy. jets flying around everywhere.
    Anything good online is a bonus, from the looks of it, it's well worth the money for the single player alone

I'd say each lobby (16 players) will have a full map to mess around in but you can join a freinds game that might be in another server. I think that's how it worked on GTA 4 anyway?

• Advertisement

I just played a death match on 4 and as per usual it was an rpg spam fest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement