Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pokemon General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

God yeah magikarp struggle ...is a struggle!

Randomized nuzlocke?? take it thats on a rom with some kind of settings? o0
    __
    Nuzlocke is good, but you have to be a careful..that's what I like about it. Also, the pokemon seem to be, like, "alive" when you go through one.

Google Universal Pokemon Randomiser (or something like that, cant remember the wording :pac:). You load whatever ROM you want, pick the settings and it makes a new one with those settings. I used it for Ralts by just changing the starters but you can change damn near anything you want.

I'll be trying Nuzlocke again for sure. Cant leave it at 0-2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nearly lost the Nuzlocke on the first route >_> Took a crit from a Bidoof, got knocked down to 1 HP.

Where the hell is this Sky Pillar? Wandered around aimlessly for about half an hour with no luck. Googled and it isnt where it's supposed to be. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Where the hell is this Sky Pillar? Wandered around aimlessly for about half an hour with no luck. Googled and it isnt where it's supposed to be. :(

Which Gen-3 game you playing, and have you beaten the Elite Four?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Which Gen-3 game you playing, and have you beaten the Elite Four?

Emerald. Got it eventually, dont know how I missed it. Went past it at least five times :o

Ralts solorun now done :D

Emerald. Got it eventually, dont know how I missed it. Went past it at least five times :o

Ralts solorun now done :D

I find it's easily done in Hoenn, with the frequency of the sea routes in the latter-half. I've probably finished R/S/E 20+ times, but I still find myself bumping off random rocks going 'I could've sworn it was here'.

Randomised Nuzlocke kicked my ass again. Brock's Wingull destroyed my Hariyama with ease. 0-3 now for Nuzlocke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've been chugging on with my run, lost a kricketune, geodude, Shelly the Shellos, and a Buneary that didn't last very long :pac: I've managed to catch most of the first pokemon I've come across in an area, the one exception was a Machop in Mt Coronet, my Staravia critted him :( Had a few close calls, and my Abra's teleport saved me a few times too with poison damage.

Finally gotten a Nuzlocke off the ground :D

Just beat Misty and havent lost a single Pokemon yet.

Charmeleon lv 20
    Raticate lv 22 (Hyper Fang murdered Misty!)
    Beedrill lv 17
    Nidoqueen lv 20 (Evolved from Nidorina for Mega Kick)
    Gyarados lv 21 (Mt. Moon grinding of Magikarp)
    Geodude lv 21 (Got lucky to run into Geodude first in Mt. Moon)

Also have a Caterpie and a Pidgey that I got after Nugget Bridge. Was hoping for Bellsprout to help with Misty but wasnt so lucky. Turns out Raticate is a beast. Almost lost Magikarp at 19 when a Bellsprout had him in Wrap and I was out of Potions. Luckily, he was let go at 1 HP so I swapped out then and there.

• Advertisement

Honestly dont know why I'm doing this Solo Run:

BinvcOM.png

My Magikarp solo run thus far if anybody wants to see the agony:

http://imgur.com/a/F2JZf

I guess the randomizer doesn't affect the rival, which is a shame. Him having a Tyranitar would have been kinda funny in a dick way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

I recently battled Mewtwo with my level 17 Genesect and arose victorious, it was rather intense but I'm glad it's over and am playing with great ease and comfort now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

wobbles wrote: »
    Would love if someone took the time to edit out all the useless parts, and just have important bits to continue some kind of story and all the battles from each season. Might only be an hour long but what an hour....

There's youtube videos which have only battles/gym battles!

The Magikarp solo run continues:

http://imgur.com/a/v1gep

• Advertisement

Might have been quicker to try and beat up the Onix by yourself :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Hey, folks, just wondering what event pokémon were released for Soul Silver. Myself and the girlfriendo each got a secondhand copy of it recently, but we haven't started playing yet because there could be an event pokémon or downloadable of some description already on the carts. If so, we want to trade them out before we start new games.

The reason I'm asking here instead of just googling it is because I don't want to spoil anything by accidentally winding up on a site that shows all the game's legends. Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

list of event pokemon for soulsilver/heartgold
    Mostly legends, a pikachu and a scizzor(japan only).

But you might be able to clones from peoples own events here.

list of event pokemon for soulsilver/heartgold
    Mostly legends, a pikachu and a scizzor(japan only).

But you might be able to clones from peoples own events here.

Cool, thanks. That list doesn't also include the regular legends that are available too, does it? I just don't want to spoil it on myself.

only the 3
    dogs
    I think, as you can catch them..but they also gave them out I believer for trading over to black/white. Open to correction though.

Slide very slowly to manaphy(not a mm further ) in the link. And you should be fine :P

• Advertisement

only the 3
    dogs
    I think, as you can catch them..but they also gave them out I believer for trading over to black/white. Open to correction though.

Slide very slowly to manaphy(not a mm further ) in the link. And you should be fine :P

Nice one. Much appreciated. I'll check this out when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/16/new-pokmon-anime-will-feature-a-new-protagonist-set-in-the-first-generation/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29
    The new animated series reboot has potential. New protagonist, set in Kanto and he picks a Charmander. Seems to follow the R/B game patern.

Think we will get an English version? I've been trying to catch up with the main series but I'm still only at the start of Johto.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/17/is-this-image-from-a-new-pokemon-game/
    Please let this be a tease for a home console game, please.

GTR63 wrote: »

I'd be wary that it's just another battle-focused game like 'Stadium' or Battle 'Revolution'.

Has there been any news on Sylveon being able to fly? I know there was rumours on its type before the fairy announcement, but this has to finally be the gen in which I can have a full Eevee squad with no spot wasted on a fly-slave, right?

GTR63 wrote: »

Aren't the DS etc home console games? I don't really fancy having to dig out the WII and dust it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Why is Starmie Water/Psychic when it and Staryu cannot learn any Psychic moves by levelling up :s

Why aren't Psyduck and Golduck part Psychic, I imagine they didn't want another typing since there's Slowpoke/Slowbro too....that's the only reason I can think of....

Aren't the DS etc home console games? I don't really fancy having to dig out the WII and dust it off.

Handhelds can be played anywhere though not just at home. Think it'll be coming to WiiU as it hypothetically looks a step above what a handhelds offer. Hope it isn't another Pokemon XD type game.

Thats a screenshot of it.
    mystery2.jpg

Here is the trailer, which is a reasonable watch.

Black, White, Black 2 or White 2.

Which ONE should I get? This is the only Gen that I don't have anything from and now need it in order to finish my Living Pokedex on X. I'm thinking White 2, but want the opinions of people who have actually played them.

Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

white/black as you sent send the dna spliced pokemon from 2 over in pokebank

I've been awkwardly trying to breed a bunch of lads before I hit the Pokébank. Decided to download it today and start transfering, and there's no sign of it. Has it been taken down?

It was never up to be taken down

It was never up to be taken down

I see. Any word on when it will be up?

nope :mad:

Ah, poo. I suppose the bright side is that at least I didn't miss out on the Celebi, if he wasn't actually made available for me to miss.

deathrider wrote: »
    Ah, poo. I suppose the bright side is that at least I didn't miss out on the Celebi, if he wasn't actually made available for me to miss.

It wasn't. It was only up for two days in Asia before being taken offline again. It's basically been pushed back until an unknown date.

I don't have a fifth Gen game yet so I'm not bothered, but it is odd how they have given practically no information or updates. Can see why it has annoyed so many people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I am really hating how long it takes to get points in Voltorb Flip in SoulSilver. But I want those TMs! I already got the Dratini.

EDIT: Currently replaying SoulSilver. I'm torn between what water pokemon to use. I have an Eevee that I can turn into Vaporeon when I get a water stone. There's Wooper, Poliwag, Tentacool. I'm swamped by choice. Also, I guess I need a hm slave. It doesn't need to know surf, that'll go on my water pokemon, but will need to know strength, cut and rock smash.

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I am really hating how long it takes to get points in Voltorb Flip in SoulSilver. But I want those TMs! I already got the Dratini.

EDIT: Currently replaying SoulSilver. I'm torn between what water pokemon to use. I have an Eevee that I can turn into Vaporeon when I get a water stone. There's Wooper, Poliwag, Tentacool. I'm swamped by choice. Also, I guess I need a hm slave. It doesn't need to know surf, that'll go on my water pokemon, but will need to know strength, cut and rock smash.

Go with Poliwag, can't go wrong with a poliwrath ;)

HM Slave = Bibarel/ Rattata/Krabby/Furret

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Havent played pokemon in years... really since gba... but im gonna jump back in... should i start on x and y or go back a bit further.. only have the 3dsXL so going back further might be difficult although I do have some old handhelds in the attic. Basically should I jump straight back in to x or y. And any tips to get me going

Havent played pokemon in years... really since gba... but im gonna jump back in... should i start on x and y or go back a bit further.. only have the 3dsXL so going back further might be difficult although I do have some old handhelds in the attic. Basically should I jump straight back in to x or y. And any tips to get me going

You should be fine to just jump back in to X or Y. I missed Gen 5 so was a little out of the loop in that regard but got caught up fairly quickly.

You'll be fine, pokemon isn't hard to catch up on.

If you want, the 3DS will play the DS games and black/white should be quite cheap now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Thanks guys. Went into tesco today to get x or y and picked up black 2 for a fiver. Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 cathalobrien

I last played pokemon at my game boy, it was ages ago, anyway I can play on my Android phone this days?

I last played pokemon at my game boy, it was ages ago, anyway I can play on my Android phone this days?

No, not the actual game. You can play emulators of the old games, Or an online mmo. (PokemonOmega is one)

• Advertisement

Just remember, discussion on where to get and how to use ROMs is not permitted.

If you can't find roms with the aid of google you're in trouble.

You can get apple emulators so I assume you can get the same for android.

You can get apple emulators so I assume you can get the same for android.

Yes you can, there are android apps.

_Godot_ wrote: »

I was without a water pokémon or a flying pokémon for aaaages in Soulsilver. Finally found a Mantine and thought that was Fly and Surf sorted. Turns out, it can't use Fly.

Anyone out there still playing Pokémon Black? It was my first real ever Pokémon game (having never owned a Gameboy before and having only played with emulators before then - favourite game was definitely Crystal) and I got it, along with a second-hand DS Lite, a month ago. Really enjoying it, have done the Elite Four twice, met all of the sages apart from Ghetsis, caught most of the legendaries (Reshiram, Kyurem, Thornadus, Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion) and am now just sort of wandering about aimlessly trying to fill up the Pokédex and strengthen my chosen team of six.*

Thing is, I still don't get how stuff like trading and online battles work. :o I'm assuming any threads where people ask for friend codes, or any future event Pokémon events, require an XY friend code? =/
    Also never figured out what Pokémon Gloabal Link or Dream World were (never caught that Musharna with the magical mist, or whatever it is) but just looked it up there and found out they had been phased out for a while anyway and then closed down this month. :( Even though I'm really glad to finally have a proper Pokémon game it's kind of annoying that everyone else out there now has a 3DS and XY (which I won't be able to afford for a LONG time) so I've still missed out on quite a bit.

*Emboar (Boris), Excadrill (Russell), Vanilluxe (M'Lady), Swanna (Svetlana), Zebstrika (Jebediah) and Scolipede (Gladys); maybe not the strongest team of six ever but they've served me well so far! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement