Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the one (negative) thing you'd love to change about yourself...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

like many in this country im a sucker for a session, once im in the pub and there's people there and everyone is buzzing i find it seriously difficult to leave, this is worst on the "Sunday club" and you have work the next morning, so it's either continue on and end up in bleedin bits the next day, continue on and ring in sick and cannot keep doing that....or just leave at a resonable hour and go home relative;ly sober....but that's easier said than done.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Candie wrote: »
    It's really great that you're aware of it though, you should be delighted with yourself for that. It's the most important thing.

Thank you :) I am boycotting paddys day this year for that very reason. This time last year I already was drinking cans! Instead I went to the gym this morning and am now drinking soup.

danslevent wrote: »
    Thank you :) I am boycotting paddys day this year for that very reason. This time last year I already was drinking cans! Instead I went to the gym this morning and am now drinking soup.

That's winning, all the way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Trebor176 wrote: »
    My voice. I obviously have a quiet voice, considering the fact I often have to repeat myself to others.

I forgot about my voice, I hate it. It's very deep and boggerish and sounds like I constantly have a frog in my throat. I sound a bit like these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Would like to lose weight...

And calm down a bit, can have a short fuse sometimes, really annoys me afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I would love to change my relationship status - hate been single and want to experience love

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My biggest negative aspect is that I just can't care emotionally about other human beings no matter who they are in my life. I would even think sometimes that I have a little bit of psychopath in me, but it gets dismissed very fast, because I really love animals.
    I would love to care more about fellow people and specially the important ones in my life, but I just can't. So yeah, I would change that in me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Possible Autism/Aspergers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Candie wrote: »
    If it makes any difference, you come across as lovely on here.

Was just thinking the very same thing 'till I scrolled down and saw your post.

Few things: would like to speak slower than I do; habit of a lifetime though and difficult to change - it's as if I want to say what I have to say as fast as I can to get it said and done with. I'd love to be one of these people that can pause and take a breath when they speak. The Spanish have even commented on how fast I talk Spanish here - says it all.

Thicker skin though in the last two years, I've taken action on that one and have really come on.

As an experiment, someone call me a ****head (or whatever you like) and see what happens! :)

I can live with everything else tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Was just thinking the very same thing 'till I scrolled down and saw your post.

Few things: would like to speak slower than I do; habit of a lifetime though and difficult to change - it's as if I want to say what I have to say as fast as I can to get it said and done with. I'd love to be one of these people that can pause and take a breath when they speak. The Spanish have even commented on how fast I talk Spanish here - says it all.

Thicker skin though in the last two years, I've taken action on that one and have really come on.

As an experiment, someone call me a ****head (or whatever you like) and see what happens! :)

I can live with everything else tbh.

I was just thinking as I read through the thread that the one thing I would change about myself is that I can resist anything but temptation, and then I read that and thought "I really can't! :("...

Confused now, oh, that's one thing I would change - I over-think things far too much sometimes :o

And use too many smileys in my posts :rolleyes:

I wish I was less of a scatter brain.

I always have way too many things going on in my head at the same time, I used to be very organised and everything was always perfect but now everything is always a bit all over the place. I forget what I'm doing sometimes halfway through doing it.

The problem is I like perfect. I like things to be just so. I suppose I could not do so many things but where's the fun in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

I was just thinking as I read through the thread that the one thing I would change about myself is that I can resist anything but temptation, and then I read that and thought "I really can't! :("...

Confused now, oh, that's one thing I would change - I over-think things far too much sometimes :o

And use too many smileys in my posts :rolleyes:

Go for it! Water.Back.Duck.Me.

Hit me where it hurts!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I also have the same problem with speaking too fast. I probably listened to too much Eminem in my youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

I've had that issue myself. I refuse to stoop to their level though. It's just mean-spirited jealousy because I believe in hard work, healthy living and a positive mental attitude. Doesn't sit well with the type who want everyone to be as miserable as themselves.

Don't listen to Aongus, he is a lazy, curry chip eating, negati..... oh the irony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Listening to plonkers harp on about their life issues way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Things I would change about myself:

My anxiety and shyness, my bad temper, my writer's block, my weak and painful joints, my fairly bad hearing, my tendency to stick with friends who treat me like crap and drift away from the nice ones, my self-destructive streak, my sweet tooth, my bad memory and my clumsiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I would like to get rid of my hayfever and dog allergy and bad hearing and have better eye sight.

Please!

On second thoughts, I dont want to change. Am happy as I am, flaws and all!:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

*Procrastination

I'd love to be able to let spelling mistakes go without wanting to maim somebody...
    I'll get back to you about that in due course.

Mentally correcting spelling in your head, it works out for the best. I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Better time management.
    More proactive in certain situations.
    Be more at ease with myself.

Third one especially. I think I've spent most of my life feeling inadequate, maybe comparing myself to others too much. A particular Achilles heel for me that can be a vicious circle because the more I achieve as a result of it, the more I am surrounded by higher achievers and the more inadequate I feel...

Also more confident and comfortable around authority. Authority can unsettle me sometimes. I'd like to be able to tell my boss that she's being a d1ck sometimes and not just bow down to her needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    My depression.
    Ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Less honest as it gets me in awkward situations sometimes, not that I give a solitary fcuk what ye think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jamesoneill

paedophilia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Better organizational skills. My laptop desktop is just filled with all sorts of necessary & important docs because I just lash everything there on a whim then freak when I need to find something. Also better time management outside of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I'm too positive. Which is a big negative in the revenue commissioner game.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Breadcrusts

I tend to worry excessively about things I can't change, even though I kid myself I'm easy going

• Registered Users Posts: 24 GTX 780

I have too much empathy for people, I'd love to tone down that if I could.

Having empathy doesn't make you a good person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

My over-analysing of things, and I know you said one thing, but also how much some things other more than they generally do for others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Being too generous sometimes.

Advertisement