Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the one (negative) thing you'd love to change about yourself...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Depression

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Public speaking, holds me back so much.
    I light up like a Christmas tree when anyone says anything to me in even a slightly pressurised setting. The bane of my life.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

weight and physical fitness. oh and to not have bipolar would also be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tillyjane

Being super super shy, paranoid and anxious in social situations, to the point where alot of people think always either think I'm rude, awkward or bit dim... I actually am awkward though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I'm an all round s'well chap tbh. I have been told I'm quite boring but I'm really not, if you like talking crap 90s cars. But yeah, in general I am boring, no huge aspirations to do much or go travelling outside of Europe or any of that lark, but I'm happy.

So, nothing really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I would love to not care so much about what other people think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I'd like a smaller penis my current monster is off putting for some women.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I wish I didn't let things, over which I have no control, get to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I am not a billionaire. I'd change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

tillyjane wrote: »
    Being super super shy, paranoid and anxious in social situations, to the point where alot of people think always either think I'm rude, awkward or bit dim... I actually am awkward though :)
    There is a cure for that - alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I wish I had more resilient skin (actual physical skin, not metaphorical). It didn't bounce back from weight loss well and I have a skin condition that flares up when I am stressed or run down.

Other than that, I would literally change nothing, I like who I am inside and out (bar some dodgy skin) and it took a long time for me to feel that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'd love to stop getting anxious about going new places and talking to new people. It makes me feel sick and I think about it far too much.

Also to stop caring what other people think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I would like to get rid of my hayfever and dog allergy and bad hearing and have better eye sight.

Please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I'm a worrier, and tend to think the worst. Like if I see an e-mail from by team leader's boss, my first instinct is "oh jesus what the hell have I done." She was actually just thanking me for helping another team. :o

It's a pretty crap way to be as when someone pays me a compliment I don't take it at face value, whereas I absolutely take criticism at face value.

I guess it's just a confidence thing for me in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

I would get a new brain cos the one i have was wired wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

My arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Love to get rid of these poxy glasses. Can't get laser surgery so I'm stuck wearing these bloody things. Argh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 969 ✭✭✭JacquesDeLad

I wish I could hide my disgust for some people more naturally.

I overcompensate and they end up thinking I like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

My voice. I obviously have a quiet voice, considering the fact I often have to repeat myself to others.

I need more confidence too. Like an earlier poster mentioned with speaking to others in public, I can feel my cheeks burning up. Not always, though. I probably need to speak up more and not seem like I'm lurking in a corner.

I need to stop worrying about stupid stuff as well. I'm told at times that my health is more important than a lot of things, which is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Be a bit more outgoing and interested in people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

entropi wrote: »
    nation.

Phew.

*Procrastination

I'd love to be able to let spelling mistakes go without wanting to maim somebody...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Wish I was smarter - my brothers seem to have gotten all the brains in the family and all that was left over for me was the discount bin. No one ever looks to me for an answer on anything.
    Wish I had a talent - I don't have a talent, again unlike my brothers which frustrates me so much. Just feel generally like I got nadda.
    Wish I was more attractive - I'm okay but I don't think I'm pretty and no where near beautiful.
    There's more, but I'd be here all day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I get easily irritated about people at times. Even if it's usually justified, it's really just a waste of energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Everything :/

Like my looks,Physical appearance,voice clarity (this is a big issue),self confidence,painful at times shyness etc

Like it's not that there That bad....I'd just like to change/generally improve them at times
    Like I'm generally happy most of the time....might be hard to believe though

Everything :/

Like my looks,Physical appearance,voice clarity (this is a big issue),self confidence,painful at times shyness etc

Like it's not that there That bad....I'd just like to change/generally improve them at times
    Like I'm generally happy most of the time....might be hard to believe though

If it makes any difference, you come across as lovely on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

My overwhelming lack of self confidence and how it prevents me from having normal relationships with family, friends and men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

My depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

I would love to change my attitude to alcohol. lately, I don't drink that often or that much at all but I am always thinking about it.

I have started going to the gym recently and that has really curbed my alcohol intake but I am very aware of it and always feel like I wouldn't mind a glass ofwine .

danslevent wrote: »
    I would love to change my attitude to alcohol. lately, I don't drink that often or that much at all but I am always thinking about it.

I have started going to the gym recently and that has really curbed my alcohol intake but I am very aware of it and always feel like I wouldn't mind a glass ofwine .

It's really great that you're aware of it though, you should be delighted with yourself for that. It's the most important thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Interesting thread. I could relate to many of the issues posted here when I was younger. As an older man now, they bother me far less or not at all. Age does help one to grow far more comfortable in far thicker skin.

I still worry to much about my family and friends but not to the same obsessive degree I would have when I was in my 20's.

Advertisement