Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the one (negative) thing you'd love to change about yourself...

Options
  • 14-03-2015 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

...to improve yourself?

We all have something we need to change about ourselves and it's easy to say we would like to be richer, taller etc

But what about the negative side to us? Or what we perceive as negative! It's a hard one to admit and talk about openly.

I for one spend far too much time on my own (including eating out and hitting the local) and don't mix and converse as much as I should.

It would be interesting to read your responses and see what could easily be fixed once you acknowledge it and consider it.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Procasti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I wish I was little bit taller
    I wish I was a baller
    I wish I had a girl who looked good
    I would call her
    I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
    And a six four Impala

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Being 5'8 sucks sometimes!

(EDIT: Damn you Karl! :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

I actually have 2 things.

The first is that my penis is just too big. It scares women and makes men feel inadequate.

The second is that I can't seem to stop myself from telling lies on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I wish I wasn't so fcukin awesum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

My bank balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭phater phagan

nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Stiffer jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

I need to be a little calmer.

Lesser posters following me from thread to thread like beggars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Different physical appearance and brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

My lack of will power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jamesoneill

Looking for the faults in persons and situations, rather than the positives

Trying to change it though, i must say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Lesser posters following me from thread to thread like beggars.

I've had that issue myself. I refuse to stoop to their level though. It's just mean-spirited jealousy because I believe in hard work, healthy living and a positive mental attitude. Doesn't sit well with the type who want everyone to be as miserable as themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Looking for the faults in persons and situations, rather than the positives

Trying to change it though, i must say

Count yourself lucky you have identified the problem. Some people like that never.

I'm hurt too easily. I'd love a thicker skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

I wish I could stop going to different swimming pools to pretend that I'm drowning so the male lifeguards can see how fabulous my hair looks underwater

• Registered Users Posts: 9 macrho12

I wish my tits were smaller!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm too sexy for my shirt so sexy it hurts.

I'm so hard it hurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Nodin wrote: »
    Stiffer jab.

The jab is only for setting them up.

Get to work on the upper cut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I'd change my voice. I want to chicks to cream themselves at the mere opening of my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

Candie wrote: »
    I'm hurt too easily. I'd love a thicker skin.

Same here, I forget not everyone thinks or cares the same as me with the result of ending up hurt.

I could also be a bit better at standing up for myself, hate confrontation so let it pass and stew later

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Prefect eyesight. Wearing glasses really suck in Ireland. Rain and tea. Glass wearers will understand.

Same here, I forget not everyone thinks or cares the same as me with the result of ending up hurt.

I could also be a bit better at standing up for myself, hate confrontation so let it pass and stew later

I'm fine with confrontation, when it's really necessary. I'd just love a thicker skin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I wish I wasn't so self conscious. It ruins my life at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I have a terrible temper, I'm too short and I've a dodgy knee. If I could change all those I'd be happy.

I'm far too much of a defeatist. I give up on things without giving my best shot, because it's much easier to just not try than it is to contemplate failure. There are so many things I want to do in my life - lose weight, get fit, learn a language, learn an instrument, make more friends - and yet I can't bring myself to dedicate enough effort to any of it. It's much easier to sit back, do nothing and mope about how I have no talent and suck at everything. :(

So if I could change something, I guess it would be that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

entropi wrote: »
    Procasti
    nation.

Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I wish I had an off switch and wasn't still wide awake and utterly exhausted 4 hours after I went to bed.

• Advertisement

second guessing myself. I hate it. But I do it all the time. Even when things go WELL. I ask myself - if it went that well that easy - then how much better could it have gone if I put some effort in.

And when I put some effort in I wonder - what if I had X or Y pull in favors and helped me cut costs on that or do better on this -

- I would so change this about me. It does not matter how well I do something - I always second guess it with the "wonderful" light of retrospect as my companion - helping me ask if I could have done it better.

I even wonder if I could have written this post better. Argh :)

Advertisement