Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stingiest things thread(op for R&R access)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

irish_man wrote: »
    I was discussing stingey college meals with a work college today and he was saying that a fella he lived with used to have his own special twist on spaghetti bolognese. He used to use the cheapest pasta and sauce, like a tight person would, but for his meat he used to mash up tesco value frozen burgers and mix it all in. Talk about disgusting. He had this every day for the year they lived together.

That's not stingy, that's survival! I used to use the cut up frozen burgers with pepper sauce and rice as one of my main meals in college. Was actually quite nice. Then again I used to eat loads of chicken super noddles as well but you would have to pay me to eat them now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

RichFTW wrote: »
    That's not stingy, that's survival! I used to use the cut up frozen burgers with pepper sauce and rice as one of my main meals in college. Was actually quite nice. Then again I used to eat loads of chicken super noddles as well but you would have to pay me to eat them now!

Another college favorite of mine was pasta with a tin of sweetcorn with peppers, boiled in stock and cut-up pieces of whatever meat was in the reduced section! I still eat it sometimes, probably stingey but meh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

I think these are some of the stingiest people I know!

A family of 4 who are family friends would come over to our family home twice a year for a slap up homemade 3 course meal, wine, after drinks, the works! It was just a bit of a get together.

Instead of having us over to theirs to return the favour EVER, they would say that they would bring over half the food as it made more sense to have this get together in our bigger dining room.

Fair enough you might think. Queue all of my family putting together a big meal. Homemade soups and bread, salmon etc for starters, Turkey and ham or lamb. 3 different types of dessert. We always went all out and spent the night before cooking.

The friends who came over to enjoy the meal bring their half of the food: a small cooked chicken and a cake. They then proceed to eat all the far more expensive food that we have cooked. Drink all around them. Then when they are leaving, they take with them a big container of left over of cuts of meat, some dessert and ALSO the chicken and cake they bought to our house in the first place as they hadn't been touched(bar a few slices of cake) due to all the other food.

I might add that although not stingy, while at the house we would be running around getting a'll the food out and washing up..... Not one even lifted their plates from the table to the sink to help out. And these people are well off, the type that are constantly talking about their holiday home, their boat.... Basically just showing off how much money they had.

Well they haven't been invited back this year and I doubt we will be offering again any time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

But u obviously invited them in the first place and more than once. Isn't that why most invite guests for dinner? Because they want to. If I cook for someone its because I want to, not because I want them to return the favour or pay for half the food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭zeffabelli

My cousin's Da died about 15 years ago, leaving the money for himself to be brought back to Ireland, buried, gravestone etc.
    All went fine.
    When my cousin's Ma died a few years ago, she was buried with the father. My cousin didn't bother getting her name put on the gravestone. I and the rest of the family reminded him several times that it needed to be done - he was always 'getting around to it'.
    After two years it was obvious that he was never going to 'get around to it' so I got it done. It took me all of 15 minutes to arrange, and cost about 400 Euro.
    My cousin never even said thanks let alone offering to pay me back, despite the fact I'd just been made redundant.
    In the meantime he'd managed to 'get around to' selling his mother's flat for about £300,000. Him and the wife have a combined annual income well over £100,000.
    And he wonders why I won't have anything to do with him ...

I had to repatriate my own father and I can tell you the death industry is a huge, exploitative, over priced pain in the ass.

I never go to the grave, never had...it's not a place that I rememeber him, but for over sentimentalised and exploited feelings around death, the industry can take full advantage.

No I did not have fancy engraved headstones, because it cost a freaking fortune in the first place with very evident strategies around the taboos intertwined between death and money, so no I am not bothered and I wont give another single cent to the death industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

zeffabelli wrote: »
    I had to repatriate my own father and I can tell you the death industry is a huge, exploitative, over priced pain in the ass.

I never go to the grave, never had...it's not a place that I rememeber him, but for over sentimentalised and exploited feelings around death, the industry can take full advantage.

No I did not have fancy engraved headstones, because it cost a freaking fortune in the first place with very evident strategies around the taboos intertwined between death and money, so no I am not bothered and I wont give another single cent to the death industry.

Is your fathers grave marked in any way at all??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

I'm sorry to hear the above posts i know grief hurts but for it to hurt again in other ways is horrible. Whether it be from family members or the undertaker business.

John_D80 wrote: »

I think so. It's a family plot. He was the last one that could fit. They made me buy another coffin too.

Then his family insisted on another wake. More money. Cha ching.

I just got fed up of it all. It was landed in my lap as the eldest, this was after a long bout of cancer.

Just burnt out from it.

My point is with these things, unless you have all the details, don't judge.

It seems unusual to me too but it's marked on the person maybe??

I want to be cremated.

Whatever about the undertaking industry ...it is a service.

LadyAthame wrote: »
    It seems unusual to me too but it's marked on the person maybe??

I want to be cremated.

Whatever about the undertaking industry ...it is a service.

Im going to let the people left behind choose, because death is hardest on the living.

• Advertisement

I think so. It's a family plot. He was the last one that could fit. They made me buy another coffin too.

I just got fed up of it all. It was landed in my lap as the eldest, this was after a long bout of cancer.

Just burnt out from it.

I am so sorry Zeffabelli. He is in memory marked on you...that is the most important way.

LadyAthame wrote: »
    I am so sorry Zeffabelli. He is in memory marked on you...that is the most important way.

Exactly, my memories are stitched in with him in other places, not the grave site. He's gone to the worms by now, but memory is where the dead live.

That's why as parents, I think our primary jobs, outside of rearing healthy happy kids who are competent adults is to leave them with a solid memory bank....the present is about the creation of memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Just burnt out from it.

To be honest, I very nearly was judging you. Until i got a better idea of where you were coming from. Which kinda proves your point I guess.

Thanks for such an honest and frank reply.

Just remembered this one.

Someone who did this when sending letters.

Exploiting the return to sender when no postage.

Put the addressee in the sender's position, uppper left hand corner, and your own address in the usual position for the addressee.

And no stamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

qwerty1991 wrote: »

A family of 4 who are family friends would come over to our family home twice a year for a slap up homemade 3 course meal, wine, after drinks, the works! It was just a bit of a get together.

Instead of having us over to theirs to return the favour EVER, they would say that they would bring over half the food as it made more sense to have this get together in our bigger dining room.

Fair enough you might think. Queue all of my family putting together a big meal. Homemade soups and bread, salmon etc for starters, Turkey and ham or lamb. 3 different types of dessert. We always went all out and spent the night before cooking.

The friends who came over to enjoy the meal bring their half of the food: a small cooked chicken and a cake. They then proceed to eat all the far more expensive food that we have cooked. Drink all around them. Then when they are leaving, they take with them a big container of left over of cuts of meat, some dessert and ALSO the chicken and cake they bought to our house in the first place as they hadn't been touched(bar a few slices of cake) due to all the other food.

I might add that although not stingy, while at the house we would be running around getting a'll the food out and washing up..... Not one even lifted their plates from the table to the sink to help out. And these people are well off, the type that are constantly talking about their holiday home, their boat.... Basically just showing off how much money they had.

Well they haven't been invited back this year and I doubt we will be offering again any time soon!

I agree with BettePorter. You should never put up a spread like that if your just 'expecting' the same in return. It's a problem of your own making although I do agree that raiding the leftover food is a bit eyebrow raising. Why DID you put on such a lavish meal for them in the first place and go to so much trouble if you didn't get some pleasure out of doing so yourself? They might have though they were doing you a favor by turning up and giving you something to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

!

Is this a term people use? Thought it was used in the Beano or similar comics::D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

colossus-x wrote: »
    I agree with BettePorter. You should never put up a spread like that if your just 'expecting' the same in return. It's a problem of your own making although I do agree that raiding the leftover food is a bit eyebrow raising. Why DID you put on such a lavish meal for them in the first place and go to so much trouble if you didn't get some pleasure out of doing so yourself? They might have though they were doing you a favor by turning up and giving you something to do.

I agree with you that we shouldnt have done it if we simply wanted a meal in return. That is not a good attitude at all! :) But It was agreed that we would make a big dinner between us, ya know a 50/50 kinda get together. But we were left doing all the work while they showed up with very little and ate so much and bought everything home with them again. it was supposed to be a joint meal but we provided all the alcohol and food basically.

the first two times we were kinda hoping maybe they might repay the favour in future (simply because it was supposed to be a joint get together and it would be manners for them to return the favour as they hadn't actually held up their end of the bargain by bringing food).

Now we are more savvy and haven't invited them back because they started expecting this 6 monthly tradition at our house, bringing it up every 6 months about when we would have our get together dinner. Which from experience was us cooking for them and waiting on them Which wasn't really in the whole spirit of what we had hoped.

I dunno, I think they are stingy doing that. It wasn't that we had a nice dinner and expected something in return, it was because it was supposed to be split between both families yet we provided everything multiple times and were even reminded when our 6 monthly dinner was coming up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

I dunno, I think they are stingy doing that. :D

I agree. A similar thing happened with friends' annual pot-luck. The hosts provided the main course, (a meat dish) and the rest of us would bring veg, salads, dessert etc, and some also brought another meat dish. There would often be about 25 people there and we'd usually bring a dish with ten or so servings. A vegetarian couple said they were happy to bring a veg dish. They brought exactly two servings, one for each of them, and proceeded to share in the rest of the food brought by everyone else. Not as extreme as most of the examples on this thread, but, stinge, nevertheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hu Deman

I was at a charity cycle recently where there was no charge only a donation of your choice.while outside a wife asked her husband how much to give and he said €5 was loads.I thought this was a bit mean considering there was burgers and hotdogs at the end.But they went in and gave their €5 and then pulled a sandwich bag out of his pocket and started to fill it with food from the tables.So that they could have a break on top of the big Hill...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Satori Rae

Went to a wedding years back, was dating a guy for a little while before he invited me to his sisters wedding. So I got a wedding gift (as to not go up there empty handed). Spent a small fortune in Carraigh Donn to get them something pretty for their home (not easy as money was very very tight) but also had to have money to travel there for the event & back again and had to pay for a hotel room also.

Got there with gift in hand only for the guy to basically take it off me to hand to his sister and say he got it, to which his sister stormed around giving out only to me #(guess she knew he didn't get it for her like he said)how she wanted money not gifts. No thanks no nothing. This was basically the first proper time I had met her. Week later I split up with him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ticklebelly7

I'd say you had a lucky escape from that family, Satori Rae.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Satori Rae

I'd say you had a lucky escape from that family, Satori Rae.

Deffo think that myself, rest of the family were pure mannerly dotes though, not sure where they got the other 2 from :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

One of my colleagues in work is a gas stinge. Actually a generous person but by god he loves to save money where he can. A few examples I can think of.

1. He will look at the stamps on letters he receives. If they are not post marked, or if he can reuse them he will peel them off the envelope.
    2. He found an old radio in a skip in work and he took it out. Says he will fix it. Bloody thing looks like a steam roller went over it.

My favorite one though came to light this week. There were a few old pallets being thrown out and he decided to bring them home for the fire. Nothing wrong there. He tells me last week that he breaks them up and throws them into the fire and the next day he goes through the ashes to take out any nails from the pallets so he can reuse them.

The guy brings home about 4k a month. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Tzardine wrote: »
    One of my colleagues in work is a gas stinge. Actually a generous person but by god he loves to save money where he can. A few examples I can think of.

1. He will look at the stamps on letters he receives. If they are not post marked, or if he can reuse them he will peel them off the envelope.
    2. He found an old radio in a skip in work and he took it out. Says he will fix it. Bloody thing looks like a steam roller went over it.

My favorite one though came to light this week. There were a few old pallets being thrown out and he decided to bring them home for the fire. Nothing wrong there. He tells me last week that he breaks them up and throws them into the fire and the next day he goes through the ashes to take out any nails from the pallets so he can reuse them.

I was so ready to stand up for him until I read the bit in bold!
    But really...
    Seriously?
    Are you sure he wasn't winding you up about the nails?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Probably doesn't allow himself to enjoy it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

....1. He will look at the stamps on letters he receives. If they are not post marked, or if he can reuse them he will peel them off the envelope.
    3. There were a few old pallets being thrown out and he decided to bring them home for the fire. Nothing wrong there. He tells me last week that he breaks them up and throws them into the fire and the next day he goes through the ashes to take out any nails from the pallets so he can reuse them..
    1. I do that
    2. I would do that too, love to (attempt) fix things.
    3. I'd take discarded wood too if I had a fireplace. And if there were nails, I would not throw them in the bin along with the ashes but possibly put them aside to find a use even if it was for scrap metal! So much reusable stuff goes to landfill. Same way you don't throw glass away, instead recycle it
    So not stingy at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

dee_mc wrote: »
    But really...
    Seriously?

I've taken a few pallets apart in my time. If he managed to save even one nail he's a better man than I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Usually drive in and out of college with two friends, myself and friend A usually split the journeys equally and are always fair when it comes to paying for parking etc. The third 'friend b' doesn't have a car which is fair enough, all we ask for is a split of parking between the three of us.

He'd usually come up with some excuse as to how he'd have no change, or he'd get us back (never did) but on one occasion I just lost the plot with him as his attempt to avoid the split of the parking was so obvious.

We were paying at the machine and he stood against the wall playing with the phone, again not offering to pay a cent. We were a euro short and he asked us what was taking so long as we struggled to find coins - at this stage I just lost it after giving him countless lifts and him contributing to parking maybe 10% of the time, called him a cheap skate and how despite us taxing him in every morning he always seems to 'struggle' to contribute - the response was passive but it hasn't happened since.

Another time he asked me for a lift which was well out of my way, and offered to buy me a burrito for it, I said I'd take up on it as I usually get nothing off him. When we were in the burrito shop he mumbled that we'd be splitting it.

The funny thing is, is that he's quite a nice guy but I think that some people just have stinginess built into them - wether through upbringing or personal choice. Some people also have a complete lack of understanding of how much it costs to run a car, and expect it's free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

^^^^^direct this prick to the bus stop next time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

dee_mc wrote: »
    But really...
    Seriously?

No he was dead serious. Told me he was able to use one of them to stick up a bit of coving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

I had a couple of friends over to mine one night for a bit of pre drinking. Nothing hectic and we decided to head into town. I noticed the next day one friend had left a can on cider in the fridge. I didn't think anything of it as you do and in fact was thinking... "oo that's a pleasant surprise I'll enjoy that one evening".

Anyway I got a message a couple of weekends later to come round to a friends before we went out for a few drinks. It was actually around to his parents, he still lived at home and was in a decent job so rent or buying a few cans wouldn't have been an issue. I agreed and got a follow up message, "oh and can you bring that can I left a few weeks ago?" I was in shock that he remembered after a couple of weeks he left a can, a whole one can of cider in my fridge. I wouldn't mind if we were students and a can was a valuable thing... but we were both working and earning decent money... Needless to say I haven't quite seen him in the same light since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,909 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

snubbleste wrote: »
    1. I do that
    2. I would do that too, love to (attempt) fix things.
    3. I'd take discarded wood too if I had a fireplace. And if there were nails, I would not throw them in the bin along with the ashes but possibly put them aside to find a use even if it was for scrap metal! So much reusable stuff goes to landfill. Same way you don't throw glass away, instead recycle it
    So not stingy at all

I used to re-use nails from pallets, but only for other rough stuff, where it didn't matter. I still have a small box of old rough straightened pallet nails but for other items where a good nail is preferred it's just not worth the hassle of re-use when new nails are so cheap.
    Nothing wrong with re-cycling, in the right place and especially if skint.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Bins are "pay by weight" and nails in ash would add to that: also they are recyclable as metal.

Talking of bins, one thing that really riles me is people furtively slipping in bags of their own domestic rubbish into the streetside litter bin by the bus stop, or outside the corner shop. This in a very prosperous suburb. So cheap!

Friend of mine, knowing I was into old radios, handed me a classic Ferguson trannie from the 60s asking if I could have a look at it, as it had stopped working. It had been in his family for years, and was a favourite set of his aged blind mother, so I said I'd have a gander.
    "Oh," he said "it stopped working when it fell into her piss pot."
    I kind of shoved it at the back of the pile of stuff to be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Friend of mine, knowing I was into old radios, handed me a classic Ferguson trannie from the 60s asking if I could have a look at it, as it had stopped working. It had been in his family for years, and was a favourite set of his aged blind mother, so I said I'd have a gander.
    "Oh," he said "it stopped working when it fell into her piss pot."
    I kind of shoved it at the back of the pile of stuff to be sorted.

Funny story but I don't see how it is stingy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Myself and the wife often stay in a friends house and visa versa But one thing that drives me demented is that she will not put bulbs in the bedside lamps of her spare room. 5 bulbs ive put into the lamp since xmas and she keeps taking them out when needed and never replaces them. Im not sure if it is stinge or not but it really annoys me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Frynge wrote: »
    Myself and the wife often stay in a friends house and visa versa But one thing that drives me demented is that she will not put bulbs in the bedside lamps of her spare room. 5 bulbs ive put into the lamp since xmas and she keeps taking them out when needed and never replaces them. Im not sure if it is stinge or not but it really annoys me.
    That's not stingy. It's called marriage.
    Have we run out of stingy stories?

Stingeing on the stingieness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Mine isnt. cremated and the ashes spread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I assumed he meant the friend and not the wife, but no, it's not that stingy of a story.

I've got one or two. Both about parties. Anyway, I'm planning a really big 25th (cause I didn't have a 21st). DJ, band, burlesque dancers (I've a few friends who do it), the whole 9 yards like. Just a night to remember. I've a friend whose birthday is 2 weeks before mine and he said he'd be interested in having a joint birthday as he likes the sound of mine. I tell him no bother and quote him 300 euro (venue, DJ, band and dancers are costing me 600 euro plus another 100 for 80 people) cost plus an extra 1.25 a head he wants to bring extra (for food, they are putting on a pretty good spread). His face drops and he asks me what the cost is. So I tell him and he tells me if we have it in this venue and drop the band and dancers that it will be cheaper for both of us. I just look at him and tell him he isn't going to find a better deal than that for a good party and tell him to go make his own arrangements. He wasn't too happy with that!

Another one is about a friend of mine. It was her 21st a few weeks ago and one of her good friends shows up with a sh1tty present and a card for her. She then proceeds to drink lots of the booze that was bought (everyone was told to bring their own and that there would be a bit of spirits and cider for everyone too, pretty generous like) as well as steal other people's cans and bottles. So I see her and I ask her to stop and stick to the cider that was bought for everyone and she agrees. So we head to the club for a few more beverages and dancing. She barges to the front to get in with the birthday girl for free, despite the fact the birthday girl wanted another person instead of her in for free, proceeds to drink half the bottle of sparkling wine the birthday girl gets for her birthday before going around stealing other peoples drinks all night and bragging about it when we are in the smoking area (where she scabs fags off of people) I'd say she spent about 5:80 all together and that was on the present and card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Hococop wrote: »
    Funny story but I don't see how it is stingy

Well I don't think I would have given a 60 year old piss stained faulty transistor radio to someone to repair - I would have just gone to Argos and bought a new one. Although whether he did this only because of your mans interest in old radios I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Seeing light bulbs mentioned earlier reminded me, I know a girl who took all the light bulbs with her when she was moving out of rented accommodation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Neighbour was explaining how miserable another neighbour was - he got a replacement vehicle when he left his jeep in for service, when he went back to collect the jeep the replacement ran out of fuel about a mile from the garage - he pushed it to the garage (even though he had to pass a fuel station on the way)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Neighbour was explaining how miserable another neighbour was - he got a replacement vehicle when he left his jeep in for service, when he went back to collect the jeep the replacement ran out of fuel about a mile from the garage - he pushed it to the garage (even though he had to pass a fuel station on the way)!

Saved on a gym membership too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I loved the lad in work who pulled out this cracker...

"you wouldn't have 2 euro on you? Save me breaking a fiver"

Just die, you miserable ball of shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

mfceiling wrote: »
    I loved the lad in work who pulled out this cracker...

"you wouldn't have 2 euro on you? Save me breaking a fiver"

Just die, you miserable ball of shíte.

Them cnts are the worst of all.There's a yoke on rte2 just started about these so called 'freegans' 5 mins in and I nearly sick already.Ill still probably watch it though....

Them cnts are the worst of all.There's a yoke on rte2 just started about these so called 'freegans' 5 mins in and I nearly sick already.Ill still probably watch it though....

Eating road-kill was a great treat - for my dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

RonanP77 wrote: »
    Seeing light bulbs mentioned earlier reminded me, I know a girl who took all the light bulbs with her when she was moving out of rented accommodation.
    She was dead right. I'd do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

sligojoek wrote: »
    She was dead right. I'd do the same.

If I had just bought them and they were expensive power saving ones damn right I would too! If they were Dealz or Euroshop ones then it's definitely stingey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

during the big freeze of 2010, a mate on nearly one hundred thousand a year, switched off the fridge freezer and put the stuff that was in the fridge in the shed and put the stuff that was in the freezer, in the snow!

He is never going to hear the end of it!

Advertisement