Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scratch Cups 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Just as a follow up: Tralee Intermediate is 10-18 and Junior is 5-10 as per Golfnet.ie (Golfnet) The Tralee GC website is blank on the ranges.

Just slightly confusing if your handicap is 10.

And most importantly for anyone looking to book this I see they are advising that the timesheet opens on 2nd May. That's one for the diary lads as this will fill extremely fast, I will be online early that morning..!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 forrestgolfer

Douglas intermediate and minor are on this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

FYI for anyone using Golfnet to find scratch cups, ive tried it again today and when i put in Scratch Cup and Munster in the drop down menu nothing comes back.

Only way is to put in Singles in drop down and when the list comes up you have to click on the RIGHT arrow next to the Golf Club name and it gives info of GC, price, contact info and also what type of comp.

i did this and clicked on "Douglas" and was the only way i found out it was Scratch Cup apart from this thread.

Im finding myself going on to each GC website and checking fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 forrestgolfer

Dossy wrote: »
    FYI for anyone using Golfnet to find scratch cups, ive tried it again today and when i put in Scratch Cup and Munster in the drop down menu nothing comes back.

Only way is to put in Singles in drop down and when the list comes up you have to click on the RIGHT arrow next to the Golf Club name and it gives info of GC, price, contact info and also what type of comp.

i did this and clicked on "Douglas" and was the only way i found out it was Scratch Cup apart from this thread.

Im finding myself going on to each GC website and checking fixtures.

I contacted Douglas re this and they said it was a mistake on their behalf. I'd imagine most places will have them in the correct category but at the same time we'll have to be vigilant!

I contacted Douglas re this and they said it was a mistake on their behalf. I'd imagine most places will have them in the correct category but at the same time we'll have to be vigilant!

Im after emailing a few places, ill put up a list of places with Cork if people are interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Dossy wrote: »
    Im after emailing a few places, ill put up a list of places with Cork if people are interested?

Throw up what you have please.

25th April @ Kinsale GC
    Junior + Senior Scratch Cup

9th 10th May @ Fermoy GC
    Intermediate Scratch Cup

8th August @ Fermoy GC Junior Scratch Cup

30th May @ Monkstown GC
    Intermediate Scratch Cup

June Weekend @ Mahon GC
    All Scratch Cups

28th + 29th August @ Fernhill GC
    Minor , Intermediate , Senior Scratch Cups

Ive sent emails to few places. Waiting on replies. As soon as i get them ill edit this list.

If people want to find out off their own clubs when there Scratch Cups are and add to list that would be handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

Scratch cups 2015

Selected scratch cups:

16.05.2015 Ballybunion senior scratch 
    17.05.2015 New Forest junior scratch €30
    24.05.2015 Mccreddin
    24.05.2015 Ballybunion junior scratch cup 6-11
    30.05.2015 Headford
    07.06.2015 Mount Juliet Junior and intermediate €50
    21.06.2015 Adare Junior and intermediate €50
    27.06.2015 Tralee  
    16.08.2015 Mount Wolseley

From the Top Golfer tour but open to all
    April 10 2015 Portmarnock Links JSC (5-9).
    April 10 2015 ortmarnock Links SSC (4 and lower).
    April 17 2015 Castle Golf Club JSC (5-9)
    April 19 2015 Delgany Golf Club JSC (5-9).
    April 19 2015 Knightsbrook SSC (5 & lower).
    April 25 2015 Bunclody JSC (5-9)
    April 25 2015 Bunclody SSC (4 & lower)
    May 03 2015 Glen of the Downs JSC (5-9)
    May 16 2015 Kilcock Golf Club JSC (4-9)
    May 17 2015 New Forest Junior Scratch (4 - 9).
    May 17 2015 Rosslare Golf Club JSC (4-9)
    May 23 2015 Beaverstown Golf Club JSC (5-9).  
    May 23 2015 Beaverstown Golf Club SSC (4 & lower).
    May 24 2015 Hollystown Golf Club JSC (5-9).  
    May 24 2015 Hollystown Golf Club SSC (4 & lower).
    June 07 2015 Killeen Junior Scratch (5-9).    
    June 07 2015 Killeen Senior Scratch (4 and lower).
    June 13 2015 Waterford Golf Club SSC (4 and lower).  
    June 14 2015 Wexford Golf Club JSC (5-9).    
    June 19 2015 Grange JSC (5-9).
    June 19 2015 Grange SSC (4 & lower).    
    June 26 2015 Citizen Summer Pairs.    
    July 11 2015 Mountrath Golf Club JSC (4-9).  
    July 18 2015 Balbriggan Golf Club JSC (4-9).    
    July 19 2015 Cork Golf Club JSC (5-9).   
    July 19 2015 Carlow Golf Club JSC (5-9).  
    August 03 2015 Knightsbrook JSC (4-9).
    August 07 2015 St Annes Golf Club JSC (5-9).  
    August 09 2015 Enniscorthy JSC (5-9).  
    August 09 2015 County Wicklow Scratch Cup (7 & lower).
    August 16 2015 Dromoland JSC (5-9).
    August 16 2015 Dromoland SSC (4 & lower).
    August 29 2015 Waterford Golf Club JSC (5 - 9).
    August 30 2015 Faithlegg JSC (5-9).  
    September 12 2015 Galway Golf Club SSC (5 & lower). 2014
    September 13 2015 Galway Bay JSC (4-9).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Played Roganstown SSC. Comical from the start. We were told of a 15 minute delay at the start which was no problem then we went to the tee and we were over an over before we got going. 4 balls at 8 minute intervals does not work.

The starter was a member who was given a time sheet and then he went out playing so it was a free for all at the tee!

Over a 5 hour round followed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DiegoWorst

AGC wrote: »
    Played Roganstown SSC. Comical from the start. We were told of a 15 minute delay at the start which was no problem then we went to the tee and we were over an over before we got going. 4 balls at 8 minute intervals does not work.

The starter was a member who was given a time sheet and then he went out playing so it was a free for all at the tee!

I thought I was the only person bothered by this - the people in the Proshop didn't realize the pace of play was that bad, I don't think they believed me when I said it was running at 5 hour pace.

Fabulous day on a really good golf course, greens were in fine condition.
    Playing strokes in 4balls is bad enough, but at 8 min intervals!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Lucan Timesheet for Junior and Senior Cup on May 3rd goes live this coming Friday April 10th

DiegoWorst wrote: »
    I thought I was the only person bothered by this - the people in the Proshop didn't realize the pace of play was that bad, I don't think they believed me when I said it was running at 5 hour pace.

Fabulous day on a really good golf course, greens were in fine condition.
    Playing strokes in 4balls is bad enough, but at 8 min intervals!!!

Thought they were bad. Slow and bobbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DiegoWorst

Thought they were bad. Slow and bobbly.

:) They were a lot better than any of the greens I've played so far this year. Probably says more about the quality of course I've been playing, but I don't think I hit a single bobble all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

4 balls in any singles competition is just wrong but especially so in a scratch cup playing strokes on an away course from the back sticks. Has to be unusual. Sorry to hear about your anguish which even the fabulous weather couldn't quell given such delays and then such a slow round.

Serious winning score in the SSC, 65 from a +1 handicap, must be near a course record? 2nd was 5 shots back at 70 which was still impressive.
    Two 76s took the top spots in the JSC accorinding to the results:
    http://www.roganstowngc.com/men/new-scratch-competition-for-easter-monday-21st-april-2014.2934.html

:eek: That's some score!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭shabalala

4 balls in any singles competition is just wrong but especially so in a scratch cup playing strokes on an away course from the back sticks. Has to be unusual. Sorry to hear about your anguish which even the fabulous weather couldn't quell given such delays and then such a slow round.

Serious winning score in the SSC, 65 from a +1 handicap, must be near a course record? 2nd was 5 shots back at 70 which was still impressive.
    Two 76s took the top spots in the JSC accorinding to the results:
    http://www.roganstowngc.com/men/new-scratch-competition-for-easter-monday-21st-april-2014.2934.html

Great score indeed...... amazing its the 3rd SSC hes won while playing with his pal that won the JSC, also his 3rd JSC win.

Obviously very comfortable playing in each others company.

Well done to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Muskerry SSC 18th April 36h

Lee valley SSC 25th 26th April, 54h

Golfnet is infuriating trying to organise where to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 titlebearer

Muskerry SSC 18th April 36h

Lee valley SSC 25th 26th April, 54h

Golfnet is infuriating trying to organise where to play.

According to the fixture List for Lee Valley

Minor: 01/06/2015
    Junior: 21/06/2015
    Intermediate: 06/09/2015

I'm sure its subject to change as originally Lee Valley Senior Scratch Cup was supposed to be last weekend.

shabalala wrote: »
    Great score indeed...... amazing its the 3rd SSC hes won while playing with his pal that won the JSC, also his 3rd JSC win.

Obviously very comfortable playing in each others company.

Well done to all.

Sounds suspicious or at least reading the above makes it to be. Out of interest do you know the players in question or how do you know their previous history including that they regularly play together? Never heard of either of them before and a brief search of google wasn't throwing up any obvious wins. Is this him?
    http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/other-sport/golf/golf-club-news-family-affair-as-connollys-clean-up-at-collingtree-1-5341902

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GCW

Sounds suspicious or at least reading the above makes it to be. Out of interest do you know the players in question or how do you know their previous history including that they regularly play together? Never heard of either of them before and a brief search of google wasn't throwing up any obvious wins. Is this him?

If they went out in Fourballs then it's hard to envisage how it could be dodgy, unless they drew 2 other lads who were equally "very comfortable playing in each others company".

7 Birdies and 1 Bogey is some going in fairness...

how-did-i-do.co.uk/scorecard.aspx?id=358898151

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Played before 7-30am and was done and dusted and left the car park before 12 noon. I appreciate later starters will be slower and 5 hours is a bit longer than necessary. There was fog enveloping the course early in the morning which may have contributed to the delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Cill Dara has a scratch cup starting 1st May Fri Sat and Sun

Lucan timesheets for Junior & Senior scratch cups will go live to visitors on Friday April 10th at 13:00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lucan timesheets for Junior & Senior scratch cups will go live to visitors on Friday April 10th at 13:00.

Dont they realise we'll be watching the Masters ?

Rikand wrote: »
    Dont they realise we'll be watching the Masters ?

Are you coming up for it??

Are you coming up for it??

I'm thinking about it, yes. Have never played Lucan and have wanted to for a couple of years, so it would be nice to give it a go ( Junior scratch, rather than senior :) )

The only issue is that it's on the Bank Holiday weekend which is a tricky one for me. I need to start working on the permission slip now, lol

I'm thinking about it, yes. Have never played Lucan and have wanted to for a couple of years, so it would be nice to give it a go ( Junior scratch, rather than senior :) )

The only issue is that it's on the Bank Holiday weekend which is a tricky one for me. I need to start working on the permission slip now, lol

Good man. See how you are fixed..

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/other-sport/golf/golf-club-news-family-affair-as-connollys-clean-up-at-collingtree-1-5341902

Not him, maybe a typo in the results.

I know exactly the situation, however i obviously cant say anything on here.

Sad.

Well worth a trip if at all possible.

Greens as good as ever Pink?

Well worth a trip if at all possible.

Greens as good as ever Pink?

Getting there and improving every week. They will be spot on for the scratch cup. You playing?

• Advertisement

shabalala wrote: »
    Not him, maybe a typo in the results.

I know exactly the situation, however i obviously cant say anything on here.

Sad.

The only other time I have come across him (bar seeing his name in a few events) was finishing second behind him in an event a couple of years ago. I had 74 he had 66!

The only other time I have come across him (bar seeing his name in a few events) was finishing second behind him in an event a couple of years ago. I had 74 he had 66!

Was that killeen?

Any idea who won the JSC that day????

This individual won a SSC last year by 7 shots on same day his mate won the JSC in same venue, end of the field in a 2ball. they are obviously very comfortable playing in each others company.

Yeah Kileen. JSC was won by 9

Yeah Kileen. JSC was won by 9

LOOOOOOOL

How is the guy still even Junior Scratch Eligible, lol ? :)

Getting there and improving every week. They will be spot on for the scratch cup. You playing?

Yeap. Missed last year so looking forward to it.

Yeap. Missed last year so looking forward to it.

Is Fix playing?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Sounds like standard Roganstown 'organisation'. No surprise that they're packing the timesheet out like that though given they've just lost 60+ members.

Won't be at Lucan. Her indoors has booked me in for the Bank Holiday weekend. Won't be any golf at all for me over the weekend :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Really enjoyed the Roganstown JSC on Monday
    10min delay on the 1st tee - no other hold ups after that
    4.5hr round which is the norm there
    Course in lovely nick and the weather was perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Really enjoyed the Roganstown JSC on Monday
    10min delay on the 1st tee - no other hold ups after that
    4.5hr round which is the norm there
    Course in lovely nick and the weather was perfect

Played as well round in under 4 hours butwe were out early. Hard to see how anyone through the greens were poor unless they got worse as the day went on.

Folks, Last reminder that Timesheets open for Junior & Senior for visitors at 13:00 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

cheers for heads up :) about lucan

78 today at portmarnock links in the junior, very windy conditions

levitronix wrote: »

Nice shooting, are you in the running for prizes? Any update on scores. Was thinking of playing it a few weeks back but the fact it was a Fri requiring time off work plus they didn't have an online time sheet dissuaded me from entering.

Have booked my place in the Lucan JSC so looking forward to trying to avoid 2 x O.1s there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

That was good shooting in that wind. Some horrendous pin positions too

• Advertisement

That was good shooting in that wind. Some horrendous pin positions too

don't know what scores came in, playing partner had 77
    hit 10 greens made 3 birdies, but was 6 over after 6 so held it together well with good irons when I had a chance, couldn't hit a fairway to save my life

don't know what scores came in, playing partner had 77
    hit 10 greens made 3 birdies, but was 6 over after 6 so held it together well with good irons when I had a chance, couldn't hit a fairway to save my life

Mate of mine in the group ahead of me shot 76 including an eagle 2 on the index 1

Mate of mine in the group ahead of me shot 76 including an eagle 2 on the index 1

id say 77 will get me a little cut, CSS id guess might be 73

id say 77 will get me a little cut, CSS id guess might be 73

At least 73

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

millerj wrote: »
    And most importantly for anyone looking to book this I see they are advising that the timesheet opens on 2nd May. That's one for the diary lads as this will fill extremely fast, I will be online early that morning..!
    Any idea when the time sheet opens up for ballybunion on the 17th

• Advertisement
Advertisement