Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

hi mewso, did you recieve the 510 you ordered for your friend from vapourstore? how did it work out? im thinking of getting one to try as its got to be better than the 20 a day im currently on...,i've been researching around as to which cig to buy and im suffering from information overload! so many suppliers and different models!
    Has anyone any recomendations on which e juice to go for I currently smoke marlboro lights.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I got the 510 for my mate from Vaporstation.co.uk He wasn't a strong smoker just had a few when out drinking. He says hes using the e-cig instead now but I don't know if he is still using it as I know him from work not socially.

You could order it from http://www.thevapourstore.ie/ since you'll get it fast. Not the cheapest but the closest. If you don't care how long it takes try any of the UK sites selling it cheap. The other option now is the eGo/Tornado sold on Totally-Wicked. It's a 510 with a fancy battery that lasts all day. Quite good.

When you order it you get 5 tobacco flavour cartridges so you can try that out. It's nothing like smoking tobacco as it's got a sweet aftertaste but I kind of like the bog standard tobacco flavour if I'm being honest. You could order a bottle of menthol too so you can try that out along with some blank cartridges. I didn't find the Marlb much different to the Tobacco. The Hilton is less sweet and I like it. RY4 is hugely popular but very sweet imo. The flavours with any kind of sweet aftertaste can get too much after a while so I like to have something like Hilton to switch to.

If you don't like Tobacco/Menthol as was said above the OK Smokey Drum/Old Holburn stuff is very good. I'm currently trying their Golden Virginia and it's very good too. I used to roll it and the taste is pretty similiar.

You can't find your favorite flavours without trying a few I'm afraid but it's fun trying particularly if you are off the real thing. Try it once anyway. You've nothing to lose. If you use the vapour store they have a discount code, ecf10, for a 10% discount.

nearly went blind reading forums and reviews on all the different types of stuff out there , well I just went ahead and ordered a stasis 901 (mini) and a few different jucies from vapourstation. should have it after the weekend..will see then what its all about,,:D

interesting artical here http://pr-usa.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=346683&Itemid=95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Actually found them absolutely useless....no 'kick' at all from the 5mg and a cough afterwards....different from tobacco cough

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Freiheit wrote: »
    Actually found them absolutely useless....no 'kick' at all from the 5mg and a cough afterwards....different from tobacco cough

What model did you buy Freiheit? I would highly recommend starting on a high level of nicotine (16mg to 18mg). Anything less and flavour, dodgy device and so on will give too little of a hit to a smoker. Once you are up and running and you settle on a good strong flavour you like on a device that works for you then you can start to think about dropping the nicotine content. That would be my advice anyway. The 901, for example, wasn't a great hit for me but it was enough to see the potential and when I read reviews saying the hit on a 510 was superior I gave it a try and it was a better hit than the 901. The 901 tends to get recommended for beginners but I think it's stong point is the flavours tend to come accross better something that is not as important to me. I want a good throat hit like I'm smoking the real thing. The 510 did it for me.

The other thing to watch out for is the attomiser is essentially a disposable part and as such it's hit or miss that some you get might simply not work properly. Some vendors will replace them. If a few puffs doesn't produce some good vapour then you may be looking at a poor attomiser. It's an unfortunate issue with all this mass produced chinese stuff and if a beginner trys a faulty attomiser that could be that. They dismiss something that may have worked for them if all the parts were working properly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

mewso, thanks for the info; it's an interesting thread. I tried an eCig before, but it was a crappy chinese one from dealextreme, so I'm not surprised it didn't work too well. I've ordered the 510 titan this evening to see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

Thanks for the info on battery mods mewso. I dont think i'd have the patience to go down that route anyway but worth knowing that there could be risks involved.

Anyway I said I'd give an update, this will be brief enough as busy atm but I'd though I need to give a short initial update as I have the 510 for almost 2 weeks now.

When I first received it I made the silly mistake of not clearing the atomizer fully of primer so my introduction sort of resembled a watery eyed 'holy christ I'd rather stick my head up the chimney', sort of response to the first drag, but when it cleared, I could see that this had some potential but still felt I was a long way off substituting this for my daily Golden Virginia stash. I made the mistake of only ordering the tobacco flavour eliquid from vapourstore and it just didn't hit the spot.
    It tasted similar to tasting your most detested brand (Marlboro red!) but I could at least acknowledge that this was much nearer to smoking than patches or gum could ever get. Good vapour and throat hit but still felt I needed more, something was missing.

Right then went off and decided to get the 'screwdriver' and also a supply of various tobacco like flavours from oksmokey, I knew if I was going to give this a good crack then I was going to need to get it as close to the real experience and vape a flavour that I could enjoy and not have to be messing charging batteries every couple hrs and so on!
    Stopped using the 510 and went back to the usual method until everything arrived.

On Monday of this week (4 days ago) I went to setting up the perfect ecig. The screwdriver arrived with 2nd free which I see now is very handy as I can have two long life battery ecigs, each with a different flavour on the go at the same time. The golden virginia and drum flavours from oksmokey were definitely more in my league (thanks to Fstop for the info).
    Also I find that the screwdriver definitely gives a more consistent vapour and throat hit than I ever received with the bundled battery.
    So over the past few days I have been getting used to the set up and preparation of the thing without putting myself under extreme pressure to quit analogs.
    I've kindof mastered not flooding atomizers and getting exactly the right amount of drops to 'top up', as well as rotating flavours to get a feel for them...agree mewso RY4 and golden virginia flavours are lovely!

Anyway the verdict so far...I cant say that I'm a total convert that just picked up an ecig and immediately kissed goodbye to the analogs. I have in the past 4 days cut down to around 5 analogs from my usual 15 or so without even thinking about it, so that's a good start. I have to add that the intention is to let it progress slowly without pressure until I'm perfectly used to the ecig so I really don't know how it will go over the next few months or so.

I will say this: i've tried the patches and gum, zyban etc at various times and nothing worked, with zyban I didnt feel like a cig but the side effects got the better of me and stopped and eventually went back on the fags.
    With patches and gum, yes they gave me my nicotine dose but I always felt like I was hanging for a fag and eventually went back to what I enjoyed.

With the ecig It feels so much like smoking; you get the throat hit (very important for me!); you get the flavour of something very near to tobacco (also very important); you get the vapour exhale (not so important to me but mimics smoking almost exactly). It is as near to the real thing as I can get even though there's still some subtle differences missing, but nothing too extreme. It can be approached almost like changing your brand of cigarette. Its going to take time to get used to but it should hopefully be fairly seamless in the end.

Right I will keep ye updated and hopefully others that are trying them or about to attempt them will keep us informed as to how things are going. I will just say to people about to attempt them that It worth persisting with it until you find a setup that works for you. My initial thoughts were that there is so much messing about with stuff that the vast majority will give up and bin it before they hit a sweet spot. That is such a pity because it has amazing potential when you get it all working the way you want it to work.

I'm sure the next generation and beyond ecig will start to improve on the flaws and shortfalls of the current ones. It will be great when someone who wants to try it out can buy one cheaply that comes complete with a battery that lasts several days, an indestructible unfloodable atomizer, carts that need to be topped up once a day only and an experience with consistent flavour, vapour and throat hit.

I have to also say cheers again to Mewso because if it wasnt for this thread then I would probably never have given what I thought was just another gimic a second glance.

Best of luck all and happy vaping :)

great post cougar! good luck with it..what website did you buy the screwdriver from and how often does it need charging?

Screwdriver - http://www.cavecom.com/screwdriver/shop/shopindex.htm

The buy 1 get 1 free offer is finished but I see they have a second body included in the full kit which is great for beginners as they will need the whole kit anyway.

The Tornado - http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/wicked-tornado-e-ni-or-electronic-2-product.html

I think the Tornado is on a par with the Screwdriver and I prefer the button position but it might work out a tad dearer in terms of the batteries and replacing them down the line. Totally Wicked also do the Screwdrive Mark II but I don't think they have any offers on it.

Just an update. heading for an 8th day off the cigs (20 a day) and lovin it, no cravings to speak of, few little problems at the start but once i got used to it it was fine, even went out to the pub twice and I was fine,currently using the 901 and i also ordered the screwdriver (+ 1 free) and some other spare bits and pieces,and some liquid and flavour for diy, wel see how that works out, currently on 10mg but will try to cut that down over time, a bit of money invested to start with but i should be ok for supplies for a couple of months, I feel so much better without (analogs), thats what us vapers call cigs.:)

• Advertisement

sohappy wrote: »
    Just an update. heading for an 8th day off the cigs (20 a day) and lovin it, no cravings to speak of, few little problems at the start but once i got used to it it was fine, even went out to the pub twice and I was fine,currently using the 901 and i also ordered the screwdriver (+ 1 free) and some other spare bits and pieces,and some liquid and flavour for diy, wel see how that works out, currently on 10mg but will try to cut that down over time, a bit of money invested to start with but i should be ok for supplies for a couple of months, I feel so much better without (analogs), thats what us vapers call cigs.:)

Thats brilliant sohappy glad you are getting on well, twas worth the risk :) You are doing exceptionally well if you are managing fine on 10mg already fair play. Keep it going.

Not so superb update here but still happy, I'm continuing on about 3 analogs a day from my original 15-20 a day. So I'm doing very well and happy with the cutdown but still a little perplexed that I have the compulsion to hang on to those oh so hard to knock after meals fags. They dont even bother me that much, its mainly the morning fag that I'm having real trouble with. I guess everybody is different. I'm going to need a little more willpower methinks or possibly a little higher mg content. Currently on 18mg. I still sing vapings praises though, its a fantastic way to attempt giving up.

Mewso or anybody else, quick question; have you ordered any of the Totally Wicked eliquids and what do you think of them? Particularly the menthols flavours or some of their tobacco flavours?

cougar1 wrote: »
    Mewso or anybody else, quick question; have you ordered any of the Totally Wicked eliquids and what do you think of them? Particularly the menthols flavours or some of their tobacco flavours?

I have tried their Hilton and Tobacco and I like them but they seem pretty standard. I haven't tried their Decadent Vapour range as it seems overpriced to me. They have just started doing a line of low resistance 510 atomisers which means with a standard battery you will get something similar to a high 5V+ experience with the lifespan of the atomiser being the trade-off going by reports. I only mention it because it improve the kick for you if you are looking for that little extra. I've ordered a couple so I'll let you know how I find them. Finally try dripping as an alternative to cartridges too as another possible extra kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aceddooces

Was reading the past 3 pages and went looking on all the sites as i would really like to try the e-ciggie, but now i am totally confused as to which site to buy from, what kit to get, if you get, say the 901 can you only use the cartridges (i mean the nicotine) for the 901 or can you use any. Which in your opinion is the best kit to get, so that after about a week i will not be swapping over for a different kit. I smoke 30 fags a day, B and H so i would like something with a good throat kick.

I get very easily confused :confused: when im looking at all the starter packs and really have no idea which one would suit, or which company to go with. I would really appreciate your feedback. Also, are they hard to use, as reading your comments it seems like there is a lot involved into getting them set up and running.

Thanks folks any help would be appreciated.:D

Personally I would get the 510 model buts it's difficult be certain about the best model for each individual. I went into this prepared to try one or two models at least to see what suits. I prefer the 510 as I found the feeling in my throat closer to the real thing and most importantly I much prefer the manual button to the automatic. Takes a little bit fo getting used to but you can control how long of a pull you want wheras the auto has a cut-out of about 5-6 seconds I think. As to where to buy well no harm in going Irish:-

http://www.thevapourstore.ie - only problem is they only have white models at the moment. If you are happy with white you'll have it the next day.

Failing that there are a few excellent UK sites I would recommend:-

liberty-flights - an excellent site and the owner posts on http://ukvapers.com so I can get a hold of him easy enough if I want but the customer service is excellent in general anyway. Unfortunately they are out of stock for the 510 so next option would be...

The list of UK suppliers on UKVapers - sites I have used are Totally Wicked, E-Cigs, VapourStation but most on the list are known by the forum so safe enough. Look for a good price. If you decide to go with Totally Wicked then consider the Tornado. It's a 510 with a much better battery and I like it. The OKSmokey liquid is great but I didn't have a good experience with their 510 so I can't recommend it I'm afraid.

Really I'm afraid you just have to dive in, watch some videos on how best to use them or ask here about it when you have a model and so on. It's certainly worth 30-50 euro to see if it will work imo.

To sum up:-

The 510 is the best throat kick imo.
    901 Cartridges fit in 510 attomisers but 510 cartridges don't fit in 901s. Either way if you get a bottle of liquid you can drip some into an already used cart of any type. The liquid is all the same regardless of model.
    Are they hard to use? - a bit finnicky but nothing thats going to stop you if it works for you in terms of stopping smoking.
    Don't be afraid to try more than one model. Use the first model to see if it's got potential for you. If it doesn absolutely nothing for you then fair enough. If it works for you great. If it's almost but not quite then maybe try a different model - 901, cartomiser (the two piece which I haven't tried but is supposed to be good for throat hit) or try different liquids and strengths (I personally have settled on 18mg which is consider medium to high).
    The cartridges you get with a starter kit normally come with basic tobacco flavour which has a mildly sweet taste so if you want to get a bottle with your order maybe get something like Hilton which lacks the sweet taste so you can compare or even menthol. I never smoked menthol but the liquid does give a great throat hit imo.

See I've written a lot more than I intended. It really is hard to pin it down :)

Thanks mewso, have ordered the 510 from vapour so hopefully i be vaping ;) by friday. Will let u know how i get on and thanks again for your very quick response and all the info u gave me. Went to the forim and it very good for advice and the link to drvapor is very good a must see.
    Thanks again :D

mewso wrote: »
    I have tried their Hilton and Tobacco and I like them but they seem pretty standard. I haven't tried their Decadent Vapour range as it seems overpriced to me. They have just started doing a line of low resistance 510 atomisers which means with a standard battery you will get something similar to a high 5V+ experience with the lifespan of the atomiser being the trade-off going by reports. I only mention it because it improve the kick for you if you are looking for that little extra. I've ordered a couple so I'll let you know how I find them. Finally try dripping as an alternative to cartridges too as another possible extra kick.

Thanks mewso...you are mad into the idea of higher volt vaping aren't you :)
    The low resistance atomizers I have heard about, sound interesting alright, I havent tried anything above 3.7V yet, I guess when you try higher its very difficult to go back.

I've acquired a bit of knowledge of these ecigs and their quirks since I started, I guess you have to, to make it work seamlessly.
    I dont like dripping with the 510, its ok but I prefer the carts on. I've come up with a bit of a cart mod which is a combination of two well known cart mods and this one works for me for consistent long life cart use to the very last drop!
    I found with the standard carts, the fill wasn't fully wicking fully and the top portion of fill would run dry and the bottom portion would have plenty of juice which got annoying as it required topping off the cart regularly.
    So I first tried the basic straw mod which worked a little better but the best by far is to take a new cart with new filler, remove filler, cut filler in half, insert straw in cart, fill the cart 3/4 of the way up with juice then insert the cut half of original filler and place a couple of drops on top. This works perfectly without having to top off or without flooding the atomizer even. I have found that the juice wicks perfectly and and lasts all day or a day and a half without having to repeat the process. Works well for me.

As far as totally wicked juice goes, thanks for the update, I went off and ordered quite a bit of 24mg juice from e-cigs.co.uk, they seem to have some interesting flavours like riskee yuice and british bulldog and cash cola etc so worth a try. It may help me knock the 3 analogs a day issue on the head.

Also one of my screwdrivers seems to have weakened in hit and vapour a bit, I think I may have damaged the switch a little, oh well!

Thanks mewso...you are mad into the idea of higher volt vaping aren't you

To be honest I think 3.7 is fine once you have it working the way you need it to like yourself. It's an option though if 3.7 doesn't quite cut it and the low resistance option is probably even better than big batteries if it works.

hi all,
    Got my 510 this morning really quick delivery from the vapour shop, finally after much how does this work how does that work, looking up on the internet, got a good drag from it :D. Question though after u prime the atty and add the drops (you add the drops directly onto the iron thing ?) do u have to repeat this or does this do the whole way through?
    Have been using mine since 1 today and battery still going yea, only thing i find is i dont know when ive "smoked a fag" as this is like a never ending one lol.
    The B&H is alright but ive been hearing so much about the oksmokey drum so am going to order some over the weekend. Again i would like to say thanks folks for the quick response to my question and happy vaping all;)

Hi aceddooces good to hear all is going well so far :) It definitely requires a bit of patience to get things right. Yes a couple of drops on the atty bridge (the iron thing) and then its primed (I hope you blew out the original primer from the atty before putting on your own! otherwise you'll get a horrible taste!).
    Anyway a couple of drops on the atty then add the filled cart (unless you are going to go with dripping! i.e. vaping without a cart) You'll know when you have added enough to the atty, it should be a smooth draw not too hard with plenty of vapour; too much and you will hear a gurgling sound in which case you have flooded the atty. In this case you blow it out and add drops again. Too little and you will get a dry harsh metallic flavour. you will get the balance right eventually. I find 2/3 drops fine, over this and mine start to flood.

This should be enough until until the flavour goes, as far as the carts go they can be a bit of an annoyance, I find cutting the filler in half and adding about 6 or 7 drops to the bottom of the cart and then placing the filler on top and adding a couple of more drops keeps me vaping all day without having to top off every few hours. Its very much about finding a set up that works for you.

Yes its hard to know when to stop, about 15-20 good drags is enough for me, for a couple hrs, you'll know it if you start to become a little too light-headed!

Yeah the oksmokey drum is very good, really good hit and loads of vapour, its very close to a real experience. The whole eliquids thing is a bit of a minefield, dont be afraid to experiment adding different flavours together, I've found the drum mixed with a couple of drops of mint to be lovely, and I was nowhere near a menthol smoker in the past.

Anyway best of luck and happy vaping!

Thanks cougar,
    Finally have it working properly and am vaping away to my hearts content have only smoked 4 analogs since yesterday morning :D and am adjusting to the b and h eliquid. Think i have finally fiqured the thing out :o after another 2 to 3 hours today so hopefully in the morning it wont take so long. I am quite surprised as to how close to analog ciggies the e ciggie is, think i will try to convert some peeps lol.

Anyway thanks all for all the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Cheers for this thread. Reading it honestly really made me excited. I've been struggling a bit with giving up smoking recently. I gave up about two months ago, and have been having one or two sneaky ones every now and again, usually when I have a drink, sometimes out of boredom.

The thing is, I really enjoy certain aspects of smoking. I like the taste of tobacco, but I hate the smell of smoke, especially the stale smell in a room (something I didn't really notice when I smoked). I love the feeling of drawing in a pull and the kick on the throat. I hate the side effects of smoking though - tiredness, lung and brain pain, bleeding gums, bad breath, smelling, and the general unhealthiness.

These seem exactly what I'm looking for. I have no objections to nicotine per se. I'm on the gum at the moment, and that gives me a bigger buzz than fags ever did, but it's an entirely different sensation. I'm also addicted to chewing gum. Which means I have a constantly painful jaw. Also, it's not so much the nicotine, but rather the habit of doing something with my mouth, as in, I don't really chew the nicotine gum unless I really get cravings, or am hungry.

Once again, I love cigarettes, or at least certain aspects of them. If they didn't make me feel like shít and smell I wouldn't have given them up.

So I ordered the 901 from liberty-flights. Was thinking about the 510, but I was never a really heavy smoker, at most 10 a day, and I never really smoked heavy tobacco. Marlboro lights and then Drum blue, so I thought I'd go for one with a slightly lighter kick and longer life. I also got a USB passthru cos I'm at a computer a lot of the time. Oh, and some menthol and tobacco juices for mixing.

So, once again, thanks for starting this thread (I only happened upon it by clicking your sig btw). I knew about e-cigarettes before but never really gave them a second look. This thread changed my mind. I'm really excited to try it out, and I'll let ya'll know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Right. So I must say I really like it. I got menthol and tobacco e-liquid. The menthol is nice and the tobacco tastes like popcorn. I prefer the menthol flavour, but popcorn isn't without it's charm...

I got it on Thursday amd went out both nights for drinks. I didn't smoke at all on Thursday and only smoked half a fag on Friday, but I couldn't finish it. Much prefer puffing away on the e-cigarette.

One thing is the raspy feeling at the back of my throat. It reminds me of the feeling of a nicorette inhaler. I might try a weaker e-liquid next time.

Think I've won over a few friends to the idea too. They were very impressed by the idea.

Well how's everybody getting on? Off the analogues here for the past 10 days or so and can honestly say it was completely painless with the ecig. It just needed the right flavour juice and the right level of nic 24mg and a tiny push :)
    Early days yet obviously but no cravings and actually enjoy the vaping flavours, even if I break which doesn't seem likely atm, then I think it will be so much easier to resume something enjoyable like vaping as opposed to say resuming patches or gum etc.

So much better than patches, gum, lozenges or drugs that mess with your brain!
    These things deserve so much more credit, seems obvious then that they'll probably be banned in the future!

Still off the real thing. Thats almost 5 months. I'm a happy camper. Currently trying the Low Res atomisers which allow a higher voltage experience with a standard voltage battery. Thats just a little treat now and again. In general I am happy with a standard atomiser, 18mg Tobacco/Marlb liquid and a GD pass-through or tornado/screwdriver when on the go. I've also order some 12mg liquid to test if I can move lower and stay happy.

I remain astounded more people don't know about these things yet also convinced that there will be a call to ban them in Ireland long before anyone calls to research their potential to save lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 THE S33K3R

Just got one of these , a DSE-801 . First impression ... wow , it's just like a real smoke , without the feeling of the smoke going into your lungs . As a nicotine delivery system it's good though , cant see myself having another cigarette ... ever .. which is good.

THE S33K3R wrote: »
    Just got one of these , a DSE-801 . First impression ... wow , it's just like a real smoke , without the feeling of the smoke going into your lungs . As a nicotine delivery system it's good though , cant see myself having another cigarette ... ever .. which is good.

Nice one s33k3r keep at it :)

Mewso, I did have a look at the low res atomizers not so long ago, gonna try them sometime soon for a go. Happy enough with things as they are tho and trying now to cut down on the orders as I've so much ecig stuff it can start getting expensive, especiallly juice.

Lately I've gone down the DIY route with the flavourarts from libertyflights....some interesting flavours but havent quite nailed anything down yet as an all day type liquid, still i've a lot to get thru yet, only tested 3 flavours out of 18 ordered so a lot of cooking to do yet!

Nice one s33k3r keep at it :)

Mewso, I did have a look at the low res atomizers not so long ago, gonna try them sometime soon for a go. Happy enough with things as they are tho and trying now to cut down on the orders as I've so much ecig stuff it can start getting expensive, especiallly juice. !

I'm with you on saving money but keep an eye on Eastmall. They are planning to seel LR attys at $3 a pop. Now that will save some cash. They haven't got them in stock just yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I don't own an e-cig, but after reading this thread I'm very interested in the idea. Was looking at the screwdriver and my main worry is that it'll look slightly ridiculous being smoked in the pub so I was leaning slightly towards the joye-510. I just had a question about it's battery life..it says 2-3 hours..does that mean I can turn it on for ten minutes, 12-18 times a day? or is it a turn it on.. dies in around 3 hours sort of deal?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I don't own an e-cig, but after reading this thread I'm very interested in the idea. Was looking at the screwdriver and my main worry is that it'll look slightly ridiculous being smoked in the pub so I was leaning slightly towards the joye-510. I just had a question about it's battery life..it says 2-3 hours..does that mean I can turn it on for ten minutes, 12-18 times a day? or is it a turn it on.. dies in around 3 hours sort of deal?

That looks very much like the Titan 510 I got (same name, different branding perhaps?).

You have to press the button every time you take a drag. This should save the battery life a good bit because of this.

joye510white.jpg

If it is the same as the Titan one I got, then I've been quite underwhelmed. I find the first drag is pretty good, but not much use after. I found I was really trying to pull hard on it for a good while to get a decent hit. That was using the high strength flavour stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

shame, i was just gona post and ask about the titan 510 i saw on smoke without fire :)

are the cartridges on the titan510 refillable? Might risk the purchase, just to try it out.. but I do prefer the idea of buying my own stock of flavoured liquids

Advertisement