Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oil, coal, turf, briquettes and firewood, where to get?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Fey! if you some time on your hands, maybe you'd consider producing a nice spiders web chart of showing how most of the heating oil companies in Galway are linked, who owns who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Fey! wrote: »
    Sorry that this is so difficult to read; it's a spreadshet, which doesn't copy too well!

Date Boardsie Company Price Litres cent per litre Post # Note.....

God that must've taken an awful lot of work. Well done Fey!. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

suttons 446 litres €250 = 56c a litre.
    placed order this morning for delivery tomorrow, the guy said there getting busy and the price of oil is creeping up, still not as bad as last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Fey!

suttons 446 litres €250 = 56c a litre.
    placed order this morning for delivery tomorrow, the guy said there getting busy and the price of oil is creeping up, still not as bad as last year

That's a big rise considering that on 23/10/09 chilly was quoted by Suttons €235 for 450 litres, which is €0.52 per litre, and ended up paying €0.51 per litre (post #97).

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

Sorry to go kinda off topic but im living in a rented house and will be moving out in jan and i dont want to spend money on oil that we wont use so is it possible to get less then 500ltrs from any oil company in galway?

jmc1546 wrote: »
    Sorry to go kinda off topic but im living in a rented house and will be moving out in jan and i dont want to spend money on oil that we wont use so is it possible to get less then 500ltrs from any oil company in galway?

Yes. The minimum is around €150 worth
    Start calling around for quotes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just ordered 500 ltrs there from Texoil for 285 euro, 57 cent/ltr
    They'll come out tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The whole lot of them are quoting 54c or 55c a litre on a delivery of 1000 Kero right now but you can get them down to 52.5c for a customer winback .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Explain customer winback?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If they have not 'seen you' for a while they are generally nicer to you than they are to normal customers :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I know there seems to be a thread on this every couple of weeks but tis the season to be re-stocking.

Where is doing the best deals at the minute for heating oil, house for four students is like an igloo now so need to get oil in as soon as possible. Cheers in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Nobody by oil in winter? Surely someone knows the cheapest place to get oil in the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I got quoted €270 for 500Litres= 54c/litre from Corrib oil. Friend of mine got 300 litres for €200 =66c/litre last week so I think he got ripped off a bit!:D He ordered by the amount of money not by amount of oil which makes a big difference.

Odds are fuel supplies will be affected by the carbon tax in next weeks budget. Maybe it is a good time to stock up on the old briquettes and oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

got 500 litres from corrib oil last nite for 51 cent/litre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

500 Litres

Jones Oil 091 562782 €290
    Corrib Oil 091 751311 €290
    Texoil/Connolly Oil/Excelsior 091 795188 €295
    Cloonans 091 844088 €300
    Sweeney Oil/East Galway Oil/Hi-Way Oil/O'Grady Oil 091 566406 €300

Went onto Cheapest Oil and just ordered online from Jones Oil for €284.50 as cheaper than over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

1400litres from Suttons €740 today.

I realise that may not be the cheapest but Suttons consistantly have good quality kerosene. Had my boiler serviced recently and my plumber was telling me that some companies are messing with the oil mix making it 'dirty'; which is guaranteed to screw your boiler. Something to keep in mind if you get a really cheap quote.

1400litres from Suttons €740 today.

I realise that may not be the cheapest but Suttons consistantly have good quality kerosene. Had my boiler serviced recently and my plumber was telling me that some companies are messing with the oil mix making it 'dirty'; which is guaranteed to screw your boiler. Something to keep in mind if you get a really cheap quote.

My brother in law delivers oil and he told me its amazing the amount of gunk in the tank when the tank is nearly empty. anyone getting a fill with the tank almost empty are likely to get dirt into their boiler he said !

alibabba wrote: »
    My brother in law delivers oil and he told me its amazing the amount of gunk in the tank when the tank is nearly empty. anyone getting a fill with the tank almost empty are likely to get dirt into their boiler he said !

Agreed; and constantly running out of oil and having the boiler fo to lock out all the time is bad too apparently!!!

• Advertisement

Agreed; and constantly running out of oil and having the boiler fo to lock out all the time is bad too apparently!!!

My other brother in law services boilers and he stuck a filter on the oil inlet to my boiler. you should see how that gets dirty over a few months

:eek:

Magnus wrote: »
    Just ordered 500 ltrs there from Texoil for 285 euro, 57 cent/ltr
    They'll come out tonight
    Just checked today. 3/4 gone in five and a half weeks.
    Best top up before Christmas :( Damn cold.

Rang Mor Oil yesterday, got 500 litres today for €300.
    Steep but at least we won't be without for Christmas and New Years. Now when everyone is home all day the heating is on all the time with the cold weather.

Magnus wrote: »
    Rang Mor Oil yesterday, got 500 litres today for €300.
    Steep but at least we won't be without for Christmas and New Years. Now when everyone is home all day the heating is on all the time with the cold weather.

500 litres cost approx 260 euro, so they charging you 40 quid delivery.
    Allot of places arent charging delivery lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 inspired09

Got 1000 litres yesterday for 550 euro from Corrib Oil.

alibabba wrote: »
    500 litres cost approx 260 euro, so they charging you 40 quid delivery.
    Allot of places arent charging delivery lately.
    I rang a few others first but they were all 280 or so and couldn't for sure say they'd make it before Christmas. Didn't want to take chances this close to the holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Garbally oil charged my sis 50 cent a ltr and elite oil are very cheap also.
    Dont have there no .

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 17 skdb

jmc1546 wrote: »

Did you get any feedback on this one?
    I am too interested in companies that can deliver less than 500 ltrs...
    snubbleste wrote: »
    Yes. The minimum is around €150 worth

Start calling around for quotes

Do you happen to know which companies allow this as I have found no-one so far that does?

Texoil do €150, but the more you order the better you get per litre,
    texoil 091 795188

theres also a guy called " cosy home heating " but he is very unreliable imho,
    he told me he would be with me after 6 before christmas, and turned up at 10.30 pm, with no phone call to advise me, ( i went to bed lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Elite oil also do this and i just checked my bill
    I ordered €300 and got 556.00ltrs =264 + VAT
    They also deliver smaller amounts

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I got heating oil a few weeks ago but have had no money taken from my a/c yet. Quite annoyed as am afraid it & mortgage will come out at same time, is that normal for them to wait to take it out? Never experienced anything like it before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

Is der any places that deliver anyting below €200

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

liam12989 wrote: »
    Is der any places that deliver anyting below €200
    Not many places.. but i think corrib oil or galway oil.
    but for the sake of 50eur id go with suttons oil 200eur..350 litres bargain. another place 200 for 310 litres huge dif. id go wit suttons.
    the higher u go the cheaper the oil but that v cheap with suttons.

I paid Mor Oil €250 for 400 litres yesterday (62.5c/l). They had quoted me 0.64c/l for 300 litres (€192). I think that that was around their minimum delivery.

Moonandstars; that Suttons price is excellent (€200 for 350 litres = 0.57c/l)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

Fey! wrote: »
    I paid Mor Oil €250 for 400 litres yesterday (62.5c/l). They had quoted me 0.64c/l for 300 litres (€192). I think that that was around their minimum delivery.

Moonandstars; that Suttons price is excellent (€200 for 350 litres = 0.57c/l)
    I kno..norm i get it from mor oil but today they quoted me 310 litres for 200eur. not great compard to suttons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I ordered 500 litres for €275 from Corrib Oil today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 busybibi

I have just paid 310 for 500 litres of diesel from McLoughlins in Balbriggan thats not cheap!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

busybibi wrote: »
    I have just paid 310 for 500 litres of diesel from McLoughlins in Balbriggan thats not cheap!!

Then why did you buy it?

They probably charged you extra to deliver it to Galway! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

might be worth checking out boilerjuice.ie for a quick comparison quotation next time before you order - or even now to see how much you've paid over the odds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Corrib Oil were quoting €595 this afternoon for 1000 litres; €310 for 500 litres.

Sweeney Oil were quoting €580 for 1000 litres and €315 for 500 litres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

might be worth checking out boilerjuice.ie for a quick comparison quotation next time before you order - or even now to see how much you've paid over the odds :D

Checked them out, but they don't seem to be doing quotes for Galway City.

Nope, cooperation with Boilerjuice would make Galway oil companies' practices too transparent and accountable altogether.

Now, which Galway oil company will be the first to break from the c..... cycle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Corrib Oil were quoting €595 this afternoon for 1000 litres; €310 for 500 litres.

Sweeney Oil were quoting €580 for 1000 litres and €315 for 500 litres.

I rang around yesterday (Fri) looking for 1000 litres and was quoted:

Corrib: €580
    Sweeneys: €570
    Galway Oil: €585
    Suttons: €595
    O Connell: €580

If you are a regular customer you may be able to haggle them down 20 or 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭waitingforBB

ordered from Corrib today at 56c per litre.
    so 560 for 1000 litre fill

Based a couple of miles outside of loughrea

Does anyone know of any oil companies that take American Express as payment? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

If you are going to be in this country long enough to need to buy oil , I would suggest that you apply for a visa or mastercard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Just ordered 800 litres.

Corrib Oil: €480. €0.60 cent per litre.
    Sweeney: €470. €0.59
    Sutton: €470. €0.59
    Boilerjuice.ie: €456. €0.50

Boilerjuice got the business.

Who are boilerjuice.ie???

If you are going to be in this country long enough to need to buy oil , I would suggest that you apply for a visa or mastercard.
    That really does not help or answer my question.
    I am just looking for an Oil company that accepts American Express as a payment method.

pencil wrote: »
    Just ordered 800 litres.

Corrib Oil: €480. €0.60 cent per litre.
    Sweeney: €470. €0.59
    Sutton: €470. €0.59
    Boilerjuice.ie: €456. €0.50

Boilerjuice got the business.

BOILERJUICE dont operate in Galway city, and i thought this was a galway city thread???

• Advertisement

skdb wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any oil companies that take American Express as payment? :confused:

He's right. American Express is a pain in the arse to have in this country. even to buy petrol/diesel th only garage in galway city that accepts is the Sweeney garage on the Headford road; but Sweeney oil as a company don't as far as I know. Seriously, pay cash or get a visa or mastercard; American Express is akin to a pariah in this country. I had one for business for a bit and I got rid of it as effectively most of the time it was useless.

Advertisement