Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Wow. Interesting season ender. I thought they'd leave us hanging a bit more, but what they did resolve was fine.

I still don't understand why Eoin is in SA.

As to the big drama at the end... I wonder if folks are really dead. I can't imagine that the whole scene could be covered up, there was some damage there that will need to be repaired. I don't want to give anything away before everyone has a chance to see it, but I'm wondering what other people think.

Yes it was all a bit strange, especially how they suddenly brought Emer back when we have not seen her for ages. I think Eoin is away because he is in Fair City these days.

Hard to tell who is alive or dead now, but one thing is for sure there is more heartbreak in store for poor Bernie now that the truth is out about Andy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Good episode but expected more. In comparison to other season finales it was a bit of a let down. Last year's was nail biting stuff, couldn't wait until September to see if Tadhg got out alive!

Poor Bobbi-Lee. I never liked her but it was a sad way for her to go, trying to save Aine.

I wonder how they'll pick back up in September. I'd say Andy's still alive.

I doubt if Bobbi Lee is dead too integral a character, unless they are replacing her with a younger version.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hometime9

Good episode but expected more. In comparison to other season finales it was a bit of a let down. Last year's was nail biting stuff, couldn't wait until September to see if Tadhg got out alive!

Poor Bobbi-Lee. I never liked her but it was a sad way for her to go, trying to save Aine.

I wonder how they'll pick back up in September. I'd say Andy's still alive.

Seems you have an issue with most of the female carachters on the show.

Bobbi lee is a great carachter who has brought a bit of an edge to the show that was badly needed and she is fun too.

I hope she hasnt been killed off because she would be a loss to the show. Its a great soap that has gone from strength to strength over the years and i for one enjoyed all the show has given us the last 20 years and especially this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

hometime9 wrote: »
    Seems you have an issue with most of the female carachters on the show.

Bobbi lee is a great carachter who has brought a bit of an edge to the show that was badly needed and she is fun too.

I hope she hasnt been killed off because she would be a loss to the show. Its a great soap that has gone from strength to strength over the years and i for one enjoyed all the show has given us the last 20 years and especially this season.

Do I now?? And which characters (carachters) would these be now?

I never said I didn't enjoy the show. I have always been a big fan of RnR, I simply said I didn't feel this year's season finale was as good as some in previous years including last years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hometime9

Do I now?? And which characters (carachters) would these be now?

I never said I didn't enjoy the show. I have always been a big fan of RnR, I simply said I didn't feel this year's season finale was as good as some in previous years including last years.

Peigí would be another one who got slated by you every single time she was on screen.

And its a bit immature that you felt the need to point out that i had written the word 'character' wrong.

• Advertisement

hometime9 wrote: »
    Peigí would be another one who got slated by you every single time she was on screen.

And its a bit immature that you felt the need to point out that i had written the word 'character' wrong.

My apologies, I didn't realise I was only allowed to dislike one character per soap. I will bear that in mind in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Great final episode. Three possible corpses, a potential trial and a great swerve from what was the expected end. Plus, we've a few seeds for September, what with Peader's health, Niamh, Mo and Peatsaí, Padraig suing the community centre and the divil besides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Enjoyed the final episodes. I think Aine is great. :D
    Interesting to see who lives after all that.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Enjoyed the final episodes. I think Aine is great. :D
    Interesting to see who lives after all that.

The apple didn't fall far from the tree when it comes to Áine :)

Such a pity they're not showing the old episodes during the summer anymore!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 rugbyshirt

I really hope Bobbi-Lee was playing dead, as the show would be a lot less fun without her. It seems we already lost Eoin, so I'll be sad if Bobbi-Lee's gone as she's one of my other favorites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've been avoiding this thread for months as I was on hols in May and fell way behind. I sat down Sunday (such a miserable day) and binge watched about 10 episodes back to back, but only got to watch the series finale last night.

I don't think Andy is dead at all - not sure about Bobbi-Lee. But there's so many options - Tadgh is there with a gun & it's not the first time he's made a body disappear. No love lost between Vince & Andy either. Think there's some reason they brought Vince in there....

A potential for the new series is Colm, Laoise & Caitriona.....

I have a feeling that Peatsaí could be staying on - I like him - he could be a fun character.

Eoin & Peigi.....I have not missed that pair at all....but I have a feeling they will be back. Although Eoin is still quiet tied up in the missing Katie storyline in FC, that must be due to get resolved or forgotten about for a while (as happens in soapland), so he could go back to Ros na Run and cause more trouble for Tadgh.

Roll on Sept 4th - I saw the trailer on TG4 during Fleadh TV and Andy is featured heavily with his evil smile - is he really dead???

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Roll on Sept 4th - I saw the trailer on TG4 during Fleadh TV and Andy is featured heavily with his evil smile - is he really dead???

I still love the time when Seamus saw the shoes in the bog and they were still attached to Gaudi's body :D It will be a sure trick to bate that one again!!

Oh yeah and just that we all know; Sunday 4th September sees a repeat of the final two episodes from last season. The new season proper begins on Tuesday, Sept 6th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭El Hombre

Ya I was thinking Peatsai might be kept on as the new loveable rough ala Seamus.

Peatsai would strike you as the type thay will be brewing poitin soon.

Btw are Mach and Mo related? It's only the last year I've watched it full-time as opposed to on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

El Hombre wrote: »

Btw are Mach and Mo related? It's only the last year I've watched it full-time as opposed to on and off.

Uncle and niece :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Good that it's coming back. Wonder if they will bring in any news characters this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭El Hombre

With TG4 HD now broadcasting wonder will we get in HD :)

El Hombre wrote: »
    Ya I was thinking Peatsai might be kept on as the new loveable rough ala Seamus.

Peatsai would strike you as the type thay will be brewing poitin soon.

Peatsaí would have forgotten how to on his worldly travels to buy those gaudy shirts of his :)

Oh yeah and just that we all know; Sunday 4th September sees a repeat of the final two episodes from last season. The new season proper begins on Tuesday, Sept 6th.

Ooops sorry :(

I was so excited it was back, I never checked days and dates :eek:

• Advertisement

Predictions for tomorrow night??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Predictions for tomorrow night??

It's gonna be a really fun season. Also plenty of drama and tears along the way.

Bobbi-Lee is still alive, wakes from her coma in Thursday's episode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

How many people is that now that Tadhg has killed in the last 20 years???

Speaking of which, Ros na Rún started 20 years ago in September 1996 (IIRC). I wonder if there are any plans to commemorate this anniversary?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

BandMember wrote: »
    How many people is that now that Tadhg has killed in the last 20 years???

Speaking of which, Ros na Rún started 20 years ago in September 1996 (IIRC). I wonder if there are any plans to commemorate this anniversary?

Nov 1996, TnaG started on Halloween Night. TG4 will be taking a look back over the last 20 years on the air AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

Elmo wrote: »
    Nov 1996, TnaG started on Halloween Night. TG4 will be taking a look back over the last 20 years on the air AFAIK

I wonder if they're going to commemorate it the same way as they commemorated the old episodes during the summer and show a few episodes of Bonanza or Little House On The Prairie?? :P

P.S. That link doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Poor Bobbi Lee :(

Peader is leaving - I saw pics of his farewell cake on Facebook :(:(

• Advertisement

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Peader is leaving - I saw pics of his farewell cake on Facebook :(:(

I wonder will they kill him off? :-(

Advertisement