Ros na Run - Page 101 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
10-06-2016, 19:23   #1501
Kauto0709
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 936
Good episode but expected more. In comparison to other season finales it was a bit of a let down. Last year's was nail biting stuff, couldn't wait until September to see if Tadhg got out alive!

Poor Bobbi-Lee. I never liked her but it was a sad way for her to go, trying to save Aine.

I wonder how they'll pick back up in September. I'd say Andy's still alive.
Kauto0709 is offline  
Advertisement
10-06-2016, 19:36   #1502
CassieManson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by siochain705 View Post
Wow. Interesting season ender. I thought they'd leave us hanging a bit more, but what they did resolve was fine.

I still don't understand why Eoin is in SA.

As to the big drama at the end... I wonder if folks are really dead. I can't imagine that the whole scene could be covered up, there was some damage there that will need to be repaired. I don't want to give anything away before everyone has a chance to see it, but I'm wondering what other people think.
Yes it was all a bit strange, especially how they suddenly brought Emer back when we have not seen her for ages. I think Eoin is away because he is in Fair City these days.

Hard to tell who is alive or dead now, but one thing is for sure there is more heartbreak in store for poor Bernie now that the truth is out about Andy.
CassieManson is offline  
(2) thanks from:
10-06-2016, 20:57   #1503
gormdubhgorm
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauto0709 View Post
Good episode but expected more. In comparison to other season finales it was a bit of a let down. Last year's was nail biting stuff, couldn't wait until September to see if Tadhg got out alive!

Poor Bobbi-Lee. I never liked her but it was a sad way for her to go, trying to save Aine.

I wonder how they'll pick back up in September. I'd say Andy's still alive.
I doubt if Bobbi Lee is dead too integral a character, unless they are replacing her with a younger version.
gormdubhgorm is offline  
10-06-2016, 21:08   #1504
hometime9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauto0709 View Post
Good episode but expected more. In comparison to other season finales it was a bit of a let down. Last year's was nail biting stuff, couldn't wait until September to see if Tadhg got out alive!

Poor Bobbi-Lee. I never liked her but it was a sad way for her to go, trying to save Aine.

I wonder how they'll pick back up in September. I'd say Andy's still alive.
Seems you have an issue with most of the female carachters on the show.

Bobbi lee is a great carachter who has brought a bit of an edge to the show that was badly needed and she is fun too.

I hope she hasnt been killed off because she would be a loss to the show. Its a great soap that has gone from strength to strength over the years and i for one enjoyed all the show has given us the last 20 years and especially this season.
hometime9 is offline  
11-06-2016, 17:45   #1505
Kauto0709
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometime9 View Post
Seems you have an issue with most of the female carachters on the show.

Bobbi lee is a great carachter who has brought a bit of an edge to the show that was badly needed and she is fun too.

I hope she hasnt been killed off because she would be a loss to the show. Its a great soap that has gone from strength to strength over the years and i for one enjoyed all the show has given us the last 20 years and especially this season.
Do I now?? And which characters (carachters) would these be now?

I never said I didn't enjoy the show. I have always been a big fan of RnR, I simply said I didn't feel this year's season finale was as good as some in previous years including last years.
Kauto0709 is offline  
Advertisement
11-06-2016, 18:14   #1506
hometime9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauto0709 View Post
Do I now?? And which characters (carachters) would these be now?

I never said I didn't enjoy the show. I have always been a big fan of RnR, I simply said I didn't feel this year's season finale was as good as some in previous years including last years.
Peigí would be another one who got slated by you every single time she was on screen.

And its a bit immature that you felt the need to point out that i had written the word 'character' wrong.

Last edited by hometime9; 11-06-2016 at 18:50.
hometime9 is offline  
12-06-2016, 00:31   #1507
Kauto0709
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometime9 View Post
Peigí would be another one who got slated by you every single time she was on screen.

And its a bit immature that you felt the need to point out that i had written the word 'character' wrong.
My apologies, I didn't realise I was only allowed to dislike one character per soap. I will bear that in mind in the future.
Kauto0709 is offline  
12-06-2016, 23:32   #1508
Losty Dublin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,636
Great final episode. Three possible corpses, a potential trial and a great swerve from what was the expected end. Plus, we've a few seeds for September, what with Peader's health, Niamh, Mo and Peatsaí, Padraig suing the community centre and the divil besides.
Losty Dublin is offline  
(2) thanks from:
13-06-2016, 15:31   #1509
LynnGrace
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,390
Enjoyed the final episodes. I think Aine is great.
Interesting to see who lives after all that.
LynnGrace is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-06-2016, 22:48   #1510
Losty Dublin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnGrace View Post
Enjoyed the final episodes. I think Aine is great.
Interesting to see who lives after all that.
The apple didn't fall far from the tree when it comes to Áine
Losty Dublin is offline  
Thanks from:
22-06-2016, 21:27   #1511
Kauto0709
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 936
Such a pity they're not showing the old episodes during the summer anymore!
Kauto0709 is offline  
Thanks from:
11-07-2016, 19:28   #1512
rugbyshirt
Registered User
 
rugbyshirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1
I really hope Bobbi-Lee was playing dead, as the show would be a lot less fun without her. It seems we already lost Eoin, so I'll be sad if Bobbi-Lee's gone as she's one of my other favorites.
rugbyshirt is offline  
12-07-2016, 12:20   #1513
chuckles30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 777
I've been avoiding this thread for months as I was on hols in May and fell way behind. I sat down Sunday (such a miserable day) and binge watched about 10 episodes back to back, but only got to watch the series finale last night.

I don't think Andy is dead at all - not sure about Bobbi-Lee. But there's so many options - Tadgh is there with a gun & it's not the first time he's made a body disappear. No love lost between Vince & Andy either. Think there's some reason they brought Vince in there....

A potential for the new series is Colm, Laoise & Caitriona.....

I have a feeling that Peatsaí could be staying on - I like him - he could be a fun character.

Eoin & Peigi.....I have not missed that pair at all....but I have a feeling they will be back. Although Eoin is still quiet tied up in the missing Katie storyline in FC, that must be due to get resolved or forgotten about for a while (as happens in soapland), so he could go back to Ros na Run and cause more trouble for Tadgh.
chuckles30 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet