Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I really don't get where this whole Andy storyline is going!

It wouldn't be Ros na Run without a storyline involving a remote house, a dodgy ex love interest and somebody not supposed to being there. We can all see where this one is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

It wouldn't be Ros na Run without a storyline involving a remote house, a dodgy ex love interest and somebody not supposed to being there. We can all see where this one is going.

Enlighten me. I thought maybe Andy and yer one were out to scam Bobbi Lee, but now it seems he genuinely cares for her and the other one has left. Yet at the start it really seemed they were scheming together agaist BL. Confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Enlighten me. I thought maybe Andy and yer one were out to scam Bobbi Lee, but now it seems he genuinely cares for her and the other one has left. Yet at the start it really seemed they were scheming together agaist BL. Confused.

Andy and/Suzanne attacks Bobbi Lee (maybe with his stick). Andy and/Suzanne kidnaps Cuan. Big commotion ensues. David rescues/comforts a distraught Bobbi Lee and she gives his rosary beads a good rattle.

This is because Bobbi Lee's relationship with Berni is now in tatters, and it is made worse by the fact that Berni finds out that Bobbi Lee stole money from her. Jason also has little time for Bobbi Lee so she is now a complete emotional wreck and has lost all her confidence. Leading to the Rosary bead rattling between Bobbi Lee and David (as mentioned above).

David has a massive smile on his face and eventually convinces the rest of the village to forgive Bobbi Lee. Bobbi Lee sings a lovely country song in Tadgh's pub and the rest of the pub watch on and smile. Close up shot of David with a big smiley, dopey head on him (roll credits) ?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

That house Andy is in is EXACTLY like my granny's house in Sligo from the outside. The drive up to it and the outside of the house look so much like it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 siochain705

I have to remember if people in soap operas communicated with each other there would be no plot at all...but geez! Jason seems to constantly be in a problem of his own making.

Why hasn't Dee been working?

• Advertisement

Well, I did not see that coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

So, what's the betting that Katy has a pregnancy storyline coming up and won't know who the father is and can't do tell anyone cause she might never have kids again? =/
    (Not a spoiler, just a prediction - practically the same story as Catriona & Dara few years back).
    I hate this storyline! So out of character for both of them. The whole Katy & Jason thing with constant fights and pointless secrets is getting as annoying as when it was the same with Lee & Jason.

Did you see the ad with Aine dressed as Little Red Riding Hood and Andy and Tadgh? It was really weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Yeah I thought it was weird. Possibly building up to the series finale but it's a total rehash of a few years ago when Brendán followed Réaltín into the woods. Like jesus would someone in RnaR please tell the children to stay out of the woods!

I don't know much about fertility treatment bit if a woman is having her eggs harvested, could taking the drugs required to stimulate her ovaries and produce eggs actually lead her to become pregnant the old fashioned way? Lots of eggs maybe a multiple birth that would shake things up a bit!

What IS Andy up to? What's the prescription he's getting? Ahhhh this story has me so intrigued. Definately building up to a big series finale!
    I just hope they show the old episodes again this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BandMember

+1.

The old series are great during the summer and I hope that they will resume showing them this year. A joke that they showed the likes of a U.S. Western tv show which ended in 1973 ahead of the best tv show as Gaeilge!! :eek::mad: I mean, it is a television station for the Irish language, yes?? They should have been reminded of that point when they applied for this years funding and I hope that they were..... ;)

I was just starting to think that maybe Andy was for real, but now it seems he's up to his old self. And I also hope they show the old series this summer! I get into that and then it ends again! I forget where it left off two years ago. I wish there was somewhere I could access the old series online.

So Andy is a paedophile now too?!
    They've done this with Breandan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Alone for a bit of Seamus Mícil Tom. I know we were all going to miss him and he was going to be hard to replace but the show is lost without his like. It doesn't help either that the general story lines are weaker in general time year and the show has lost it's way. I'm finding myself watching it less and less these days.

There must be only a few weeks left now until the finale...

Anybody know what Andy did to Maire in the past?

Also what's the chances this new bloke Catriona is going to look into was involved with Andy and went down for something Andy did?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The fella playing Grainne's love interest is ridiculously over hamming the part. He's going on like he's on some morning children's TV show for pre schoolers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Mo can really throw a punch!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

monkey9 wrote: »
    The fella playing Grainne's love interest is ridiculously over hamming the part. He's going on like he's on some morning children's TV show for pre schoolers.

I only caught up now on the last two episodes.
    At least we know why now he had to be more "David". I was thinking that they were very similar before they spelt it out.
    The two shirts thing was very funny.

I thought it was the best episode in a while the Colm Cavanagh fella in the the prison seems like a very good actor says it all while saying little.

Andy sees an angle to manipulate Evan and it won't take him long to dig deeper.

The Peatsai character leaves plenty of scope for plenty of S.M Tom type events.

The Labhras character has plenty of potential for humour as well because he is so serious and such a jobsworth. The "G-Gardai - Gaudi" was a nice touch.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Does anyone know when the season finale will be on? I really hope they show the old episodes over the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Does anyone know when the season finale will be on? I really hope they show the old episodes over the summer.

June 9th. 3 episodes to go.

They've said on the RnR facebook page that they won't be showing the old episodes AGAIN this summer :-(

Why do they break for the summer anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BandMember

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why do they break for the summer anyway?

In a nutshell, I would imagine that it goes back to the beginning when the station was founded and they needed to save money on the actors, production team and production costs. It used to be the standard practice that shows broke for the summer, so I guess that's why.

You'd wonder how much the actors actually get paid or how much other work they get. I've heard some of them have some.......um......very different part-time jobs.....

They've said on the RnR facebook page that they won't be showing the old episodes AGAIN this summer :-(

UGH! Why don't they show the old ones? Is there anywhere we can purchase them on DVD? I was getting into the old ones when they started up again. RATS! I supposed its too late to appeal to them via email for this year.

Very good episode tonight. The season finale on Thursday should be good! I just hope Andy gets caught. People get away with far too much in RnR and it never catches up with them.

Wow. That Andy is foul. Shocked about [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Eimear. Looks like they are setting up for a real cliffhanger! [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I really wish they'd show old episodes that show us what Andy did in the past. [/font]

I had to laugh at Andy's assault on John Joe when the camera just focused on his legs doing a funny little run as he fled. It looked like Chucky the doll from the Child's Play films.

Wow. Interesting season ender. I thought they'd leave us hanging a bit more, but what they did resolve was fine.

I still don't understand why Eoin is in SA.

As to the big drama at the end... I wonder if folks are really dead. I can't imagine that the whole scene could be covered up, there was some damage there that will need to be repaired. I don't want to give anything away before everyone has a chance to see it, but I'm wondering what other people think.

• Advertisement

Good episode but expected more. In comparison to other season finales it was a bit of a let down. Last year's was nail biting stuff, couldn't wait until September to see if Tadhg got out alive!

Poor Bobbi-Lee. I never liked her but it was a sad way for her to go, trying to save Aine.

I wonder how they'll pick back up in September. I'd say Andy's still alive.

Advertisement