Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ros na Run

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Wow. Interesting season ender. I thought they'd leave us hanging a bit more, but what they did resolve was fine.

I still don't understand why Eoin is in SA.

As to the big drama at the end... I wonder if folks are really dead. I can't imagine that the whole scene could be covered up, there was some damage there that will need to be repaired. I don't want to give anything away before everyone has a chance to see it, but I'm wondering what other people think.

Yes it was all a bit strange, especially how they suddenly brought Emer back when we have not seen her for ages. I think Eoin is away because he is in Fair City these days.

Hard to tell who is alive or dead now, but one thing is for sure there is more heartbreak in store for poor Bernie now that the truth is out about Andy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,900 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Good episode but expected more. In comparison to other season finales it was a bit of a let down. Last year's was nail biting stuff, couldn't wait until September to see if Tadhg got out alive!

Poor Bobbi-Lee. I never liked her but it was a sad way for her to go, trying to save Aine.

I wonder how they'll pick back up in September. I'd say Andy's still alive.

I doubt if Bobbi Lee is dead too integral a character, unless they are replacing her with a younger version.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hometime9

Good episode but expected more. In comparison to other season finales it was a bit of a let down. Last year's was nail biting stuff, couldn't wait until September to see if Tadhg got out alive!

Poor Bobbi-Lee. I never liked her but it was a sad way for her to go, trying to save Aine.

I wonder how they'll pick back up in September. I'd say Andy's still alive.

Seems you have an issue with most of the female carachters on the show.

Bobbi lee is a great carachter who has brought a bit of an edge to the show that was badly needed and she is fun too.

I hope she hasnt been killed off because she would be a loss to the show. Its a great soap that has gone from strength to strength over the years and i for one enjoyed all the show has given us the last 20 years and especially this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

hometime9 wrote: »
    Seems you have an issue with most of the female carachters on the show.

Bobbi lee is a great carachter who has brought a bit of an edge to the show that was badly needed and she is fun too.

I hope she hasnt been killed off because she would be a loss to the show. Its a great soap that has gone from strength to strength over the years and i for one enjoyed all the show has given us the last 20 years and especially this season.

Do I now?? And which characters (carachters) would these be now?

I never said I didn't enjoy the show. I have always been a big fan of RnR, I simply said I didn't feel this year's season finale was as good as some in previous years including last years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hometime9

Do I now?? And which characters (carachters) would these be now?

I never said I didn't enjoy the show. I have always been a big fan of RnR, I simply said I didn't feel this year's season finale was as good as some in previous years including last years.

Peigí would be another one who got slated by you every single time she was on screen.

And its a bit immature that you felt the need to point out that i had written the word 'character' wrong.

• Advertisement

hometime9 wrote: »
    Peigí would be another one who got slated by you every single time she was on screen.

And its a bit immature that you felt the need to point out that i had written the word 'character' wrong.

My apologies, I didn't realise I was only allowed to dislike one character per soap. I will bear that in mind in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Great final episode. Three possible corpses, a potential trial and a great swerve from what was the expected end. Plus, we've a few seeds for September, what with Peader's health, Niamh, Mo and Peatsaí, Padraig suing the community centre and the divil besides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Enjoyed the final episodes. I think Aine is great. :D
    Interesting to see who lives after all that.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Enjoyed the final episodes. I think Aine is great. :D
    Interesting to see who lives after all that.

The apple didn't fall far from the tree when it comes to Áine :)

Such a pity they're not showing the old episodes during the summer anymore!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 rugbyshirt

I really hope Bobbi-Lee was playing dead, as the show would be a lot less fun without her. It seems we already lost Eoin, so I'll be sad if Bobbi-Lee's gone as she's one of my other favorites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've been avoiding this thread for months as I was on hols in May and fell way behind. I sat down Sunday (such a miserable day) and binge watched about 10 episodes back to back, but only got to watch the series finale last night.

I don't think Andy is dead at all - not sure about Bobbi-Lee. But there's so many options - Tadgh is there with a gun & it's not the first time he's made a body disappear. No love lost between Vince & Andy either. Think there's some reason they brought Vince in there....

A potential for the new series is Colm, Laoise & Caitriona.....

I have a feeling that Peatsaí could be staying on - I like him - he could be a fun character.

Eoin & Peigi.....I have not missed that pair at all....but I have a feeling they will be back. Although Eoin is still quiet tied up in the missing Katie storyline in FC, that must be due to get resolved or forgotten about for a while (as happens in soapland), so he could go back to Ros na Run and cause more trouble for Tadgh.

Roll on Sept 4th - I saw the trailer on TG4 during Fleadh TV and Andy is featured heavily with his evil smile - is he really dead???

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Roll on Sept 4th - I saw the trailer on TG4 during Fleadh TV and Andy is featured heavily with his evil smile - is he really dead???

I still love the time when Seamus saw the shoes in the bog and they were still attached to Gaudi's body :D It will be a sure trick to bate that one again!!

Oh yeah and just that we all know; Sunday 4th September sees a repeat of the final two episodes from last season. The new season proper begins on Tuesday, Sept 6th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭El Hombre

Ya I was thinking Peatsai might be kept on as the new loveable rough ala Seamus.

Peatsai would strike you as the type thay will be brewing poitin soon.

Btw are Mach and Mo related? It's only the last year I've watched it full-time as opposed to on and off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

El Hombre wrote: »

Btw are Mach and Mo related? It's only the last year I've watched it full-time as opposed to on and off.

Uncle and niece :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Good that it's coming back. Wonder if they will bring in any news characters this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭El Hombre

With TG4 HD now broadcasting wonder will we get in HD :)

El Hombre wrote: »
    Ya I was thinking Peatsai might be kept on as the new loveable rough ala Seamus.

Peatsai would strike you as the type thay will be brewing poitin soon.

Peatsaí would have forgotten how to on his worldly travels to buy those gaudy shirts of his :)

Oh yeah and just that we all know; Sunday 4th September sees a repeat of the final two episodes from last season. The new season proper begins on Tuesday, Sept 6th.

Ooops sorry :(

I was so excited it was back, I never checked days and dates :eek:

• Advertisement

Predictions for tomorrow night??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Predictions for tomorrow night??

It's gonna be a really fun season. Also plenty of drama and tears along the way.

Bobbi-Lee is still alive, wakes from her coma in Thursday's episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭BandMember

How many people is that now that Tadhg has killed in the last 20 years???

Speaking of which, Ros na Rún started 20 years ago in September 1996 (IIRC). I wonder if there are any plans to commemorate this anniversary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

BandMember wrote: »
    How many people is that now that Tadhg has killed in the last 20 years???

Speaking of which, Ros na Rún started 20 years ago in September 1996 (IIRC). I wonder if there are any plans to commemorate this anniversary?

Nov 1996, TnaG started on Halloween Night. TG4 will be taking a look back over the last 20 years on the air AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭BandMember

Elmo wrote: »
    Nov 1996, TnaG started on Halloween Night. TG4 will be taking a look back over the last 20 years on the air AFAIK

I wonder if they're going to commemorate it the same way as they commemorated the old episodes during the summer and show a few episodes of Bonanza or Little House On The Prairie?? :P

P.S. That link doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Poor Bobbi Lee :(

Peader is leaving - I saw pics of his farewell cake on Facebook :(:(

• Advertisement

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Peader is leaving - I saw pics of his farewell cake on Facebook :(:(

I wonder will they kill him off? :-(

So I watched the Ollchur last night. Am I the only one who thinks that Andy just might not be dead?

Anyone know how
    Peader dies?
    I'm guessing heart attack...

Ah lads, I can't deal with this :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great final performance by Joe Steve Ó Neachtain and an emotional send off for Peadar.

I thought the body Gardai story and David storyline were good.

But jayus the build up to Peadar's death storyline was very weak/twee.

The Maire I love you stuff and daughter I love you, family I love you stuff was way over the top and awkwardly shoehorned into the episode.

Peadar might have well of said "I am going to die now, but the writer wants to make sure the audience knows how much I love my family. It has to be re-enforced with each individual just in case the audience don't twig it"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

Love my Ros na Run so thought I might give a heads up on what I consider the Wales version of it I've gotten into its called "Pobol y Cwm" if you like Ros na Run you'll def like it on channel SC4 thinks there's an episode everyday Monday to Friday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

Jesus I just caught up, Peadars death :( What's upsetting is his character always reminds me of few old lads like him made it even worse seeing it :(

He retired from it, he's been very bad since his friend Diarmiad who played Seamus passed. Apparently he called him to say goodbye hours before he died :(

Wants to do a bit of writhing before his times comes he said to the Connaught tribune I think it was. He's only 73 thought he was more he could have easily stayed on for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Yeah, I did not see the episode but read the spoiler so I was prepared when I did see it! I didn't see that coming at all previously. I loved the Peadar character. He was one of the "nice" people in Ros na Run! Won't be the same without him and Seamus!

I enjoyed the last two episodes. Plenty of milage to be had over tension between Katy, Jason, Di, John Joe and Mack.

The Peadar story-line was finished well with the plant and all that. I was curious why Bobbi Lee was so adamant at not singing when she normally has to be stopped singing.

I enjoyed the last two episodes. Plenty of milage to be had over tension between Katy, Jason, Di, John Joe and Mack.

The Peadar story-line was finished well with the plant and all that. I was curious why Bobbi Lee was so adamant at not singing when she normally has to be stopped singing.

The nurse in the hospital told her that her vocal cords had been badly damaged and she may not sing again.

What was the deal with the plant?

• Advertisement

The nurse in the hospital told her that her vocal cords had been badly damaged and she may not sing again.

What was the deal with the plant?

Jayus I had forgotten the thing about the vocal chords.

I think the plant will be just left in the square as a reminder of Peadar bocht etc.
    I expect that the camera will be zooming in on it every so often.

The typical old storyline of finding the positive pregnancy test in the bin.... Been done to death

Why is Jason being such an arsehole to Katy when he doesn't know about the one night stand? Throwing his pregnant girlfriend out of the house when (as far as he knows) she's having his baby... I hate this whole storyline, as dramatic as it is. The one night stand was hugely out of character for both of them in the first place and now Jason is acting a bit out of character as well. Why can't they let Jason be happy for more than a week at a time anyway?!

I thought Jason would be happier to be honest - maybe shocked but would have been supportive. Certainly didn't expect him to throw her out. It's turning out like all the other soaps now where no one is happy for more than a couple of days...

The one night stand was hugely out of character for both of them in the first place and now Jason is acting a bit out of character as well. Why can't they let Jason be happy for more than a week at a time anyway?!

Out of character for Katy? She is a wee rothar, so she is :D

Out of character for Katy? She is a wee rothar, so she is :D

Not lately! It was implied she hadn't been with any man for three years since Ciarán attacked her, it took her ages to trust Jason enough - and then about a week later, she sleeps with Mack without as much as batting an eyelid?

Not lately! It was implied she hadn't been with any man for three years since Ciarán attacked her, it took her ages to trust Jason enough - and then about a week later, she sleeps with Mack without as much as batting an eyelid?

I assume there was a few eyelids fluttering all the same?

I suppose they have to make up some kind of story in soap-land character arcs are not supposed to make much sense? It is all about the drama.

David might turn into a cross between Father Crilly and James Dean in a few weeks?!

Is it really a month since Peader died??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Is it really a month since Peader died??
    In soapland they are in a different dimension to us mortals.

I thought last night's episode was actually pretty boring. All this focus on the boys from An Teaghlach all of a sudden that we barely know!

• Advertisement
Advertisement