Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Daisies wrote: »
    Sitting in the airport waiting to board my first of 3 flights.29 hours travel ahead of me.Someone will have to give me a recap when I get internet access again.Any volunteers?:pac:

Africa's not going to know what hit it! :D

Good luck lady, you'll rock it.
    Julybreeze wrote: »
    Went for my first ever counselling session this morning, had a good chat, bit of a cry and don't have to go back again. Glad I went now but equally glad that I don't need further sessions.

Hope you're feeling okay missus. Do you feel like it was enough. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what the counsellor thinks is enough, it's you. I had an experience with a counsellor when I was younger where I went to him and he finished up telling me that I was grand, and it just made me think that the negative emotions and thoughts I was having was to do with me being rubbish at life in general. It also made me reluctant to look for other help because I was sure I'd be laughed at or told I was being a drama queen.

I'll never forget my GP's face when I went to him finally (17 years after I had last talked to anyone) and I filled in the questionnaire he gave me. He said I was one question away from him referring me to the hospital. It was scary, but it was also a relief to know how I was feeling wasn't the norm, that there was something there that could be fixed. God, the relief!

javagal wrote: »
    hospital had no beds for me today :-(

Balls. How many days over are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

have to see if I can go in tonight, if not tomorrow.

cried infront of six strangers! only got sent home because I live beside the hospital,rest of them lived further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Das Kitty wrote: »

Balls. How many days over are you?

10 by my dates,9 by theirs so I thought they'd keep me over anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

have to see if I can go in tonight, if not tomorrow.

cried infront of six strangers! only got sent home because I live beside the hospital,rest of them lived further.

That is just sh*te, God love you. I'd have bawled crying in front of all of them, and probably cursed at them, a lot :pac:

• Advertisement

10 by my dates,9 by theirs so I thought they'd keep me over anyone.

Never assume anything with the HSE!

Here, she'll be here soon and when you're on the other side the wait won't feel as long. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Oh no, when tomorrow comes i would stage a sit in, and refuse to leave...

My boss' youngfella was up on stage with Springsteen last night. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE8jing6PCg

from 4.30

Went for my first ever counselling session this morning, had a good chat, bit of a cry and don't have to go back again. Glad I went now but equally glad that I don't need further sessions.

Now to start hounding motor insurance companies, any recommendations for a female under 25, full licence, 4 years ncb?

I love allianz, the online is cheaper and offer a 10% discount for new customers, ive been with them 4 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Oh no, that's awful! I agree, you should have a sit in tomorrow, that's just ridiculous. You poor thing.

Would anybody here know how much a train ticket from Cork to Dublin would be return? I'm looking at the online price and it's 40, so just want to make sure it's not cheaper to buy at the station. Thanks if anyone does know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

As far as I'm aware prices are a small bit more expensive from the station but I could be wrong Gongoozler. :)

Jeez javagal that's just sh*te.. :( Hopefully you'll be kept tonight. *hugs for you*

Gongoozler wrote: »

Oh no, that's awful! I agree, you should have a sit in tomorrow, that's just ridiculous. You poor thing.

Would anybody here know how much a train ticket from Cork to Dublin would be return? I'm looking at the online price and it's 40, so just want to make sure it's not cheaper to buy at the station. Thanks if anyone does know.

Cheaper on line, at the station it could cost you up to 80 euro, at least you will have your seat booked, on line is always the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Breakfast in bed. At lunch time. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Never assume anything with the HSE!

Here, she'll be here soon and when you're on the other side the wait won't feel as long. <3

This. My sister was sent home after her water broke "ring us tomorrow" :rolleyes:

This. My sister was sent home after her water broke "ring us tomorrow" :rolleyes:

That's a weird one, aren't they meant to keep you in once waters break because of the risk of infection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Acoshla wrote: »
    That's a weird one, aren't they meant to keep you in once waters break because of the risk of infection?
    From what I remember, you are supposed to go to the hospital so they can check that there was no meconium or bright blood, they give you antibiotics and if everything is ok, you can be sent home for a max of 48 hours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Now to start hounding motor insurance companies, any recommendations for a female under 25, full licence, 4 years ncb?

counselling is very useful. glad it went so well. go again whenever you need to or even just to let things out.

AA as a broker are always the cheapest for me

sorry to hear it java, throw a hissy fit and have hysterics at them if they dont get on with it tonight/tomorrow
    xx

I don't wanna work today, am seriously dossing. Planning my 2014 career change to entertain me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Cheaper on line, at the station it could cost you up to 80 euro, at least you will have your seat booked, on line is always the cheapest.

It's a real pain though how you can't tell which is the front of the train when you go to reserve your seat. Hate travelling backwards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Ugh I hate getting bloods taken too :( Hope you're okay

thanks yeah I'm ok, got some toast and 7up when I got home cos was looking a bit pale

this thread moves fast!

Lunch time:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

From what I remember, you are supposed to go to the hospital so they can check that there was no meconium or bright blood, they give you antibiotics and if everything is ok, you can be sent home for a max of 48 hours.

Sent home for up to 48 hours AFTER your waters breaking? :eek:

This goes against everything I've every seen on the telly box :eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Why is time going so slow?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ah yeah, once your contractions aren't regular there's not much they can do.

You're not supposed to have a bath after your waters go, in case of infection.

I was at home for about 12 hours after mine went.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Cannot wait for the weekend to come so I can see friends!!

On the telly box Yvonne in Fair City had a baby in the back seat of a car in a satin full length dress in about 3 minutes, all perfectly clean afterwards, telly box lies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Javagal, I can't believe they sent you home! :mad:

I hope they get you sorted soon. xxx

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Medication and sleep for the evening! Kitten is asleep in the kitchen

Javagal, hope they have a bed for you soon!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Acoshla wrote: »
    On the telly box Yvonne in Fair City had a baby in the back seat of a car in a satin full length dress in about 3 minutes, all perfectly clean afterwards, telly box lies.
    I remember when Pheobe on Friends' water broke, they all got really excited and skipped off to the hospital. I'm not one to judge, but wouldn't a change of underwear be necessary?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Posy wrote: »
    I remember when Pheobe on Friends' water broke, they all got really excited and skipped off to the hospital. I'm not one to judge, but wouldn't a change of underwear be necessary?! :eek:

Remember her giving birth to triplets naturally? No C-sections in TV land :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

My boyfriend is watching some rubbishy documentary about ghosts in an old sanatorium. It is such rubbish! Funny how the photos of "ghosts" are always grainy, out of focus and blurry! Don't you think if you were going off to take photos of ghosts you'd make sure your gear was the best of the best?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement