Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I think I'm gonna move back home :( Can't decide if I should leave at the end of the month or wait till summer is over?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i'm cross and down and fed up and :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

bluewolf wrote: »
    i'm cross and down and fed up and :mad:

*hugs*

Go on a bus journey, sit over the wheel and moan (sexually) for the entire journey. Then you can add crazy to your list x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Cake or kittehs? You decide...
    tumblr_m1r8qul4S11rns59xo1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lucyfur wrote: »
    *hugs*

Go on a bus journey, sit over the wheel and moan (sexually) for the entire journey. Then you can add crazy to your list x

If I had a women's magazine to run, I would hire you as an agony aunt. Cracking advice.

@bluey -- smash something, or do as I did at the weekend and take a pair of secateurs to a much loathed tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

javagal wrote: »
    baby day in the morn :P

Good luck, thinking of you, hope all goes well..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Good luck Java !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Good luck today javagal :)

Can someone bring me coffee and a croissant pls thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

So first everyone started closing accounts and now everyone's changing their names? What's going on??

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

6am-ish flights can go die in a fiery pit of fire. My Poznan-Luton flight in June was one of them... got on the plane having not slept at all and was asleep before the plane had taken off :pac: Woke up with a massive crick in my neck too :rolleyes: Worth paying the extra to travel at a more human hour of the day if that's an option...

Really wasn't an option this time due to the cost - was in the door at home at 9.45, brother was at home, so could have picked my up from the train station :rolleyes:

Place is a disgrace - load of washing up to be done, cat being left flake around the place, and he won't be home till 9. Fairly pissed off with him tbh, if he is leaving the car out, how does she learn that she is not supposed to go out??? Girlfriend stayed over last night, they were rushing out the door when I got home :rolleyes: So f**king annoyed with him, have a box of pringles in the sitting room with me, gonna walk up to the shop and get something to eat, can't really go into the kitchen to make something with the place being filthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Best of luck javagal!

Acoshla wrote: »
    So first everyone started closing accounts and now everyone's changing their names? What's going on??

You can't talk, I still remember your old username missy!
    Wasn't mad on the old one tbh, everyone misspelled it and Dolbert is the one I use around the interwebs these days :)

Gone and signed up for Hell and Back, so looking forward to it at the same time dreading it.... I have to try and drag someone up with me....

Always wanted to do an army assult course :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Stheno wrote: »
    Google maps - one resource - tech
    Asking someone - good awareness of locals - another resource.
    Use of taxis - same
    Tourist office - another means.
    Signs/street signs/maps/public transport graphics, another :)

Flexibility, so they can say there are no passersby, you've no signal, there is no tourist office, no street maps, no signs, i.e. think of situations where you are up against it.

Last resort, have a map on you with the hotel location marked on it, and traverse by foot.

Thanks. Don't really have to send it in till this evening/tomorrow morning so will go back over it later. :)

You're right there, it's meant to see how you get yourself out of a tricky situation and solve problems. It's still a sucky question though. :p

Thanks. Don't really have to send it in till this evening/tomorrow morning so will go back over it later. :)

You're right there, it's meant to see how you get yourself out of a tricky situation and solve problems. It's still a sucky question though. :p

I once navigated my way out of Dublin city by following the sun. I **** you not. I had no smart phone, no maps and I was driving around lost. Then I remembered that the sun set in the west, and that's where I wanted to get, so I followed the bugger. Lo and behold, I was back on the quays and on the road home five minutes later.

Dolbert wrote: »
    You can't talk, I still remember your old username missy!
    Wasn't mad on the old one tbh, everyone misspelled it and Dolbert is the one I use around the interwebs these days :)

But I changed mine ages ages back, is there a reason why lots of people are changing theirs now at the same time?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I once navigated my way out of Dublin city by following the sun. I **** you not. I had no smart phone, no maps and I was driving around lost. Then I remembered that the sun set in the west, and that's where I wanted to get, so I followed the bugger. Lo and behold, I was back on the quays and on the road home five minutes later.

I did google it and got suggestions about putting a stick on the ground and seeing what way the sun was hitting it(what if it's cloudy?) and following the north star. :pac:

Das Kitty wrote: »

Lucky it wasnt night time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Acoshla wrote: »
    But I changed mine ages ages back, is there a reason why lots of people are changing theirs now at the same time?

To fcuk with us!

I did google it and got suggestions about putting a stick on the ground and seeing what way the sun was hitting it(what if it's cloudy?) and following the north star. :pac:

If you know there's a river in the city, listen for water. When you find it follow the flow along the bank and eventually you will reach the ocean. In washed up flotsam and jetsam, locate a bottle and using the pen you always keep behind your ear, scrawl an SOS on a torn off section of your white cotton blouse, put it in the bottle and throw it to sea. Then use your business woman tan coloured tights as a fishing net and you will be able to survive on fish whilst you await rescue.

Godspeed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Sitting in the airport waiting to board my first of 3 flights.29 hours travel ahead of me.Someone will have to give me a recap when I get internet access again.Any volunteers?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Morning ladies (and gents!) Long time reader, first time poster:)

Think will like this trend because i love cake, especially chocolate! I also love kittens, would love to have one myself, can't because I live in an apartment:(

I hate getting bloods test done, don't like needles and my arm is sore:(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Good luck javagal! xx

Can't wait to see my bf tomorrow. It's been ten days this time. Don't know how people do the whole LDR thing in different countries. My fella's only in Longford and I'm moaning about not seeing him in over a week. It's tough. Fair play to those who make it work from different countries, I'd be in bits. Ye must be an awful lot stronger than I am. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I wonder how long it'll take us to finish this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Went for my first ever counselling session this morning, had a good chat, bit of a cry and don't have to go back again. Glad I went now but equally glad that I don't need further sessions.

Now to start hounding motor insurance companies, any recommendations for a female under 25, full licence, 4 years ncb?

Lisa Hannigan's voice makes me want to curl up under a duvet and cry, no matter how happy I was before I heard her her raspy weirdness brings me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Ugh I hate getting bloods taken too :( Hope you're okay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

hospital had no beds for me today :-(

:eek: So what now?

• Advertisement

Oh no :( Do you have to wait another day?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement