Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro Podcast

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Might as well throw it up here:
    still raging I forgot all about SF on GB, could have even brought it with me, absolute dope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Good work. Were ye referencing King of Fighter 2002 when you were mentioning which KoF game Eolith got right? It's a weirdly enduring one, alright. I saw loads of cabs of it there recently, like 3 or 4 versus-Astros per arcade, occasionally interspersed with the original MvC or a Last Bronx cab. I like it, but I think it's lost on me, considering I'm playing it mostly on the DC, as it just kind of stinks of KoF '98: Part 2 to me. It's even got Rugal causing you more aneurysms.

When's the Sonic podcast going up? I hinted, in question-form.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep 2002 was the one Eolith got right. It is very like 98 but sure 98 was pretty great so not a bad game to base it on. 98 and 2002 still seem to be popular tournament fighters.

As for the Sonic one hopefully soon. It's down I just need to give it a listen to a write a blurb for it.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    When's the Sonic podcast going up? I hinted, in question-form.
    we're waiting on the first part of that podcast to be dropboxed and listened to so the summary can be written, I was there for the 2nd but by now I've forgotten most of it, will have to be dropboxed too and summarized as well, afaik that's all that's stopping it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

But you don't understand... if the Sonic podcast is ever released it will herald in the end times.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Great to hear this, perfect timing too for the big tournament this weekend, generating a bit of buzz with the competitive lads :)

Was a lot of fun, would do again!

95 downloads and 17 plays as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Currently listening, great stuff :)

Would like to do another Horror Hot Pot.

Maybe even record one live at the next meet up at halloween if we get a decent crowd.

• Advertisement

As much as I'm enjoying the Street Fighter one, & I am it's very fluid & on topic, I can't help but think how cool it would be to listen to it over a video stream with examples of all the different versions being talked about.

Prob take ages to edit, but it'd be v cool

DinoRex wrote: »
    Would like to do another Horror Hot Pot.

Maybe even record one live at the next meet up at halloween if we get a decent crowd.
    already mentioned another HH so I'd love it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh I'm all for that and I'm sure Sera is as well.

I was thinking if we want hits we should do a Legend of Dragoon is **** podcast:

223060.jpg

You could have a regular Legend of Dragoon is sh*t segment. We can make a jingle and everything. Each week have another reason why it's sh*t.

Dooms knowledge of all things SF is mightily impressive

I can only imagine if he wasn't there, the fighting game community would tear me apart :)

• Advertisement

We could have done a 3 hour special on Elfmania.

I can only imagine if he wasn't there, the fighting game community would tear me apart :)

Throwing your scraps to the LoD community no doubt :p

EnterNow wrote: »
    Dooms knowledge of all things SF is mightily impressive

Thanks, although I could think of a few people in Dublin alone who'd probably know more than me!

Azza probably would tear you apart for allowing me on the podcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Just listened to it now.
    Nice one Lads,Very entertaining,informative and proffesional.
    Doom..shame on you for not knowing the name of Guiles Bazooka Knee in SF.
    I thought you were a family man.

Also why no mention of SF4!!! The game has done so much regarding SF and fighting games in general.
    Ohh and i have come across that SF1 cab with pressure sensitive buttons in Ireland.
    It was in that arcade on West Morland st,Arcade city was it?
    My first encounter with Street fighter 1.

Just listened to it now.

Also why no mention of SF4!!! The game has done so much regarding SF and fighting games in general.
    Ohh and i have come across that SF1 cab with pressure sensitive buttons in Ireland.

I remember my brother mentioning something similar when we were talking about it last year, he said it didn't last long 'til they replaced it with the six-button set-up.

• Advertisement

It would have went on a little too long an we are trying to keep the podcast retro focused.

Just listened to it now.

SF4 aint retro, you know well I could talk about that particular game for about 3 hours on it's own :)

And I know the name of the bazooka knee and the rolling sobat, just forgot when which one was introduced!

We are recording the next podcast at 3pm this Sunday if anyone wants to contribute. The topic will be Resident Evil. Remember we can take call ins as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

/tempted to call in making claims that I have RE 1.5

CV3S5.png

http://arcadeandretro.com/arcade-and-retro-podcast-resident-evil/

Might as well put it in it's proper place.

In the spirit of Halloween and to mark the occasion of the recent release of the latest title in the series we look back at the Resident Evil games.

6QyiX.jpg

I know it was said in General but will post it here too
    Sparks43 wrote: »
    Is there still an xmas podcast being made?
    Dinorex wrote:
    My Sundays are taken up in December with another production. But if another day suits then we can go ahead and do it.
    Any other days available? can be around Dublin Friday - Sunday really but I can always Skype and do mid week instead

Well I'm free most of the time. Wouldn't mind doing a phantasy star podcast when I finish PS4.

Well I'm free Saturday afternoon. I'll check the studio book in the morning.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Well I'm free Saturday afternoon. I'll check the studio book in the morning.
    I'll be in with the farmers then lol jkjk

• Advertisement

As long as it's not too early I'll be able to make it. I have a lecture until 12.30 and will have to get the train home as well.

It won't be early. I enjoy my bed too much on a Saturday morning for that.

Okay. 14.00 on Saturday. Let's do this!

That Sonic one exists in the same realm as HL3, Mother 4 and relaxed Xmas shopping, doesn't it?

charlie-brown-lucy-football.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Right , bearing in mind I've played through more of it than any sane man should have to ,and read up so much on it that I now know more than Ed Logg on it any chance of getting a Gauntlet based Podcast in the next while?(I can get myself free some day/weekend for it I reckon) Reckon if I go from Dandy all the way through to Gauntlet seven sorrows , or the cencelled DS port I can waffle for a while on it!

Sonic podcast?
    tumblr_inline_mf7e4ybPA51qjxeq1.jpg

Anyway, Pokémon podcast sometime? whenever Atavan is free, it'd be a sin to keep him out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm actually off this Sunday so I could do it!

I'm actually off this Sunday so I could do it!
    Dr Bob is doing Bubble Bobble/Gauntlet? this weekend, don't think I'm around either, kinda sick :/

• Advertisement

Saturday at 14.00. Like Sera says, it's going to be totally sick! (that's the lingo kids use these days, right?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sera wrote: »
    Dr Bob is doing Bubble Bobble/Gauntlet? this weekend, don't think I'm around either, kinda sick :/

Really hope you dont get the dose that has ran through my home

Flu Bronchitis and pneumonia all in the last week

If im up to it i will chime in on the Bubble Bobble parts of the podcast

One of my fav C64 games of all time

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Really hope you dont get the dose that has ran through my home. Flu Bronchitis and pneumonia all in the last week
    That is way nasty! Did the bronchitis turn into pneumonia? I'd bronchitis last year [natural remedy rant] but got diluted elderflower (very good for the respiratory system) in €2 shop which helped loads, you can get herbal sweets of it in chemist, they're so nice. [/end natural remedy rant]
    But yeah, no, nothing that bad, just have an upset tummy.

You should have hammered the B button to stop bronchitis evolving into pneumonia.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I cant make it , bit of an emergency sorry. Half family sick and no babysitter free.If you cam keep gauntlet for next time itd be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Im still in bits sadly

Feel like absolute crap after nearly 2 weeks of this bloody dose

Be there for the next one all going well

Sorry guys:mad:

• Advertisement

Bit short notice but we will be recording at 3pm tomorrow. Let us know if you can make it so we can pick a topic around who we have.
    ^

One of the lads I know from cons said he'd like to join in sometime to do Metal Gear, Silent Hill or SMT if anyone else wants to do those too.

I said we wanted to do Earthbound and he can do that as well.

Going by HG101's article on Shin Megami Tensei there's way too much there and a whole heap that is japan only.

May be next week before I can get the Phantasy Star one up.

Really busy with organising a conference this week.

Going by HG101's article on Shin Megami Tensei there's way too much there and a whole heap that is japan only.
    didn't say to do every SMT game, you could pick a few with fan trans or just one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement