Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

donegal. wrote: »
    another customer could pretend its their phone.

Does not work that way, unlock codes are based on the phones imei number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

but i'd tell them the imei number

need to fill out this, but with my handset info https://nac.vodafone.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I got a guy with a business account to unlock a vf smart prime for me using the online form. Took about a month but he got the code without issue.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Anyone know of an app that allows you to create a shortcut from a widget to open an app.

Since I got my opx I haven't found timely to be very reliable but I still like using their clock widget. I'd like to be able to tap the time and have it open my native clock instead of the timely app, is this possible?

Or maybe I should get a new clock for my desktop that looks ad good as it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I just installed this for a change after a quick Google for a nice clock, it also opened the default clock app if enabled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

jozi wrote: »
    I just installed this for a change after a quick Google for a nice clock, it also opened the default clock app if enabled

Used to use that myself but u found it drained my battery very quickly.

I created the same thing using UCCW if you feel like spending / wasting some time on it

I'll keep an eye on battery drain over the get few days and get rid if it is worse.

What is uccw?

Like timely myself but the alarm was not going if when I change phones, I'm just using the widget now, no point having having it if the alarm isn't reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Does anyone know if I'd somehow be able to transfer old Google Maps that worked excellently and was perfectly fine and usable offline from old Phone onto new Phone?? I just don't know why people can't leave things the eff alone when there was nothing wrong with it and it worked fine as it was. There was nothing majorly wrong with the turns on old Google Maps, and if people really wanted updated live traffic news turn on the goddamn radio. Or else make some sort of an App for live traffic news, don't go fcuking around with a brilliant GPS and turning it into something that now needs a bloody Internet Connection. What a screw-up.....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Does anyone know if I'd somehow be able to transfer old Google Maps that worked excellently and was perfectly fine and usable offline from old Phone onto new Phone?? I just don't know why people can't leave things the eff alone when there was nothing wrong with it and it worked fine as it was. There was nothing majorly wrong with the turns on old Google Maps, and if people really wanted updated live traffic news turn on the goddamn radio. Or else make some sort of an App for live traffic news, don't go fcuking around with a brilliant GPS and turning it into something that now needs a bloody Internet Connection. What a screw-up.....

Google maps is only available offline in the last few weeks, the old version needs an Internet connection!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

jozi wrote: »
    I'll keep an eye on battery drain over the get few days and get rid if it is worse.

What is uccw?

Like timely myself but the alarm was not going if when I change phones, I'm just using the widget now, no point having having it if the alarm isn't reliable

It's ages since I used it so hopefully it's fixed now.

Uccw is an app that let's you create your own widgets. Takes a little bit of time to get to grips with it but you can create some really nice widgets. I created a boards bookmark widget as I couldn't get a decent one.

fLRujXb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If you have a chromecast, wifi network, PC and android devices.

Install Videosteam on the PC (Chrome addon ) and on the android device ( app). Share your tv/move download folder on your pc. Marry the PC and phone via the app.

Open phone click on tv/movie send to chromecast.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/videostream-for-google-ch/cnciopoikihiagdjbjpnocolokfelagl?hl=en

You can also send tv/move from the pc but for ultimate lazyness use the phone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭jeffk

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If you have a chromecast, wifi network, PC and android devices.

Install Videosteam on the PC (Chrome addon ) and on the android device ( app). Share your tv/move download folder on your pc. Marry the PC and phone via the app.

Open phone click on tv/movie send to chromecast.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/videostream-for-google-ch/cnciopoikihiagdjbjpnocolokfelagl?hl=en

You can also send tv/move from the pc but for ultimate lazyness use the phone :)

VERY temperamental of late for me, had it down to 360 on quality on a standard quality video and kept buffering.

They seemed to have changed a lot in how runs now compared to before, also you might need to run their port opener or do it yourself.

We have it on New Chromecast and old chromecast with UPC router, works flawlessly for HD content.

Have tried streaming both at the same time and its was fine.

Devices are Nexus Phone and tablet and oneplusx, PC is very high spec.

We have it on New Chromecast and old chromecast with UPC router, works flawlessly for HD content.

Have tried streaming both at the same time and its was fine.

Devices are Nexus Phone and tablet and oneplusx, PC is very high spec.

Yeh we have old chromecast and UPC router, chromecast works great when you put it on 480p.

As far as I know you can drag a video into chrome on pc, play it and then cast the tab to chromecast

jeffk wrote: »

As far as I know you can drag a video into chrome on pc, play it and then cast the tab to chromecast

Umm if i was streaming a fight/match I would totally do that ;):P

Umm if i was streaming a fight/match I would totally do that ;):P

I meant a video file off you pc, not going into a grey area on this forum, one ban was enough ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Could someone recommend an app for Reddit?

dahat wrote: »

I love this one
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.laurencedawson.reddit_sync

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Reddit is fun is my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Patww79 wrote: »

Hasn't this been coming soon for months now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

I use this one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phyora.apps.reddit_now&hl=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

dahat wrote:
    While on this topic can anyone recommend a good app for boards.ie?

• Advertisement

dakid wrote: »

Your browser and the touch site or the boards app, I prefer the browser myself

Is there any decent app for the XDA Forums? I see one paid one but the reviews are few and poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I personally don't see a single reason for apps for forums. Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Is there any decent app for the XDA Forums? I see one paid one but the reviews are few and poor.

I'm using the official app. It was free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

I use the free XDA forum app and it is flaky. I tried tapatalk, which can plug into XDA but found it cumbersome for what I want. I would like to see what other people are using.

XDA doesn't have a mobile site so an app is a real must.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

nedd wrote: »
    I use the free XDA forum app and it is flaky. I tried tapatalk, which can plug into XDA but found it cumbersome for what I want. I would like to see what other people are using.

XDA doesn't have a mobile site so an app is a real must.

Actually I just remembered there is an XDA One app. Google it. I just reinstalled it. This does the news and forums. It is in alpha so may be unpredictable. I will go a this a go for a while.

I installed it weeks ago and totally forgot to install after my latest clean install.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭paska

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I personally don't see a single reason for apps for forums. Bizarre.

When you say Bizarre! Do you mean Bizarre, Unprecedented, Grotesque, Unbelievable?

Or just plain old Bizarre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

paska wrote: »
    When you say Bizarre! Do you mean Bizarre, Unprecedented, Grotesque, Unbelievable?

Or just plain old Bizarre?

Weird, because I don't understand it, and see no need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

dakid wrote: »

Browser and touch site for me, reallh works well and miles better than the app. Just add the shortcut to your homescreen and you are away for slates.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Have to say, trick shot was one off the most enjoyable games I played in a while.

Another +1 for this. Pretty simple but enjoyable game.

I finally found the (near) perfect car dock that has integrated Google music player with gesture controls and displays Google maps in GPS heads up mode. It's only just come out of beta so it's getting lots of support
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitspice.automate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Guys I'm looking for something of a local alternative to plex for my TV box ie does what plex does but for files on the USB hard drive, I've tried Mizuu which 100% is what I'm looking for but fails to play 50-75% of the time. Any ideas?

Also any suggestions for apps for an android device on a TV , not talking about dodgy stuff, just useful ones outside of the usual well known ones for catch up tv and netflix etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Can we talk about modbro here?

*wink wink*

If they're local files use Kodi, plays everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

RossieMan wrote: »
    Can we talk about modbro here?

*wink wink*

No I don't think so

Any recommendations for apps that would be good for preventing others to run in the background? My battery seems to be draining faster than I'd like.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement