Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Made a delicious Chorizo, mushroom and penne dinner today :)

Found a fab dress for my baby cousins Christening, going to go in tomorrow and put a deposit on it I think.

Pondering whether to go to the shop and get a 99 or not, hmmm.....

Do it, I'm off to get ice cream too :)

May or may not be trying to make myself feel less bad about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Just had one of those moments where I thrawl through old tagged pics of myself online... Have come to the conclusion that i was much cuter this time last year! Time to go back to the blonde! :o strange how I look back at pics from a few months ago and say what the hell was I thinking?
    At least it's only my hair colour I'm having doubts about...
    I just need to gain some patience and look forward to the next few months when there will be a few nice changes inshallah.
    Also, SO excited! Paid my program fees for teaching volunteering programme I'm doing in Palestine this summer. I cannot wait for this. It's my first Ramadan and I'm spending it in the most amazing country. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Chelsea are through to the champions league final. This day can not get any better :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

American Pie 4 was awesome, really funny! :)

Didn't get as much done as I wanted today but don't have motivation to go back at it tonight. Thursday is another day! Work tomorrow and then my ladies night tomorrow night, which I'm seriously excited about.

Hope all the stressed studiers are doing okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

GAH!!! hotmail is not working, my brain is not working it feels like mush!

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Just got an email saying I got a First in mooting, FÚCKYEAH :D:D:D Doing well in mooting is probably more than of a boost than doing well in anything else, just because it's such a law-specific thing. Unbelievably happy with that :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiera wrote: »
    Chelsea are through to the champions league final. This day can not get any better :D

boooooooo :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I have a hawt ass!

But only cause this new massage chair is heated :) its my new boyfriend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Spicy meatball sandwich, glass of rioja and finally watching game of thrones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I have literally just finished The Hunger Games. I loved it! I cannot wait to get Catching Fire, it better get here quick!! :D

Just finished Mockingjay Jane! WOW. Seriously considering reading them all again :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Just back from iPad meeting at the school, estimated cost to parents 850.00 euro. Needs to have over 80% acceptance rate, our replys are to be in by Friday and if it gets the go ahead they want 420.00 by the end of may but you can buy your own.

I asked whether a teacher can look at the kids iPad. View their personal content and I was told no.

Quite happy with how the meeting went...

Oh my goodness look at the size of Lolo's
    boobs...

tomissex wrote: »
    I have literally just finished The Hunger Games. I loved it! I cannot wait to get Catching Fire, it better get here quick!! :D

Just finished Mockingjay Jane! WOW. Seriously considering reading them all again :p

I did 6 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Pondering whether to go to the shop and get a 99 or not, hmmm.....
    EmilyO wrote: »
    Do it, I'm off to get ice cream too :)

May or may not be trying to make myself feel less bad about it
    Got the 99, was delicious :D
    Just got an email saying I got a First in mooting, FÚCKYEAH :D:D:D Doing well in mooting is probably more than of a boost than doing well in anything else, just because it's such a law-specific thing. Unbelievably happy with that :D
    Congratulations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I think I'll actually re-read the first one while I'm waiting for the second one (bought online). And I've also decided to go buy the 3rd one while I'm waiting so then I can read Catching Fire and Mockingjay one after the other and I won't have to be waiting around like I'm doing now. :D

This is the first time in ages I've been really excited about reading. I used to read a lot in school but sort of stopped. When I finish these I have the House of Night series to continue, I've read the first book. :D

Edit: I now want a 99.. :p

Got the 99, was delicious :D

Loooove 99s! I got my Ben and Jerry's, on condition that I don't have a bowl until I'm finished the topic I'm on now. Compromising at its best :D

I may have had a few spoons already, as an incentive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I just had some chocolate cake and ice cream on account of my sisters birthday. Bleh, wasn't even that nice! Operation sugar scale down starts now. I need some consistent energy instead of crashing all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I've had a twitch in my eye on and off for the last few days now :mad: I know it's from stress but I wish it would just go awaaay because it's stressing me even more :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Nice one! (I have no idea what mooting is though, so I'm imagining an entmoot)

Lia, I love your new dog! I have dog envy

I read the Hunger Games a few months ago, my flatmate bought the books to read on holiday and three of us ended up reading them before she even left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Fishie wrote: »
    Nice one! (I have no idea what mooting is though, so I'm imagining an entmoot)

Lia, I love your new dog! I have dog envy

I read the Hunger Games a few months ago, my flatmate bought the books to read on holiday and three of us ended up reading them before she even left

I've no idea what it is either but I'm picturing it being a kind of classy, French version of looting:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I've no idea what it is either but I'm picturing it being a kind of classy, French version of looting:cool:

*butts into thread/conversation* :p
    Mooting is basically dressing up in lawyer attire and pretending to be a solicitor/barrister. Given a case, you have to go off and research it and argue your side!
    I have to do it next year, yay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

*butts into thread/conversation* :p
    Mooting is basically dressing up in lawyer attire and pretending to be a solicitor/barrister. Given a case, you have to go off and research it and argue your side!
    I have to do it next year, yay :)

But but but but I like the vision of her dressed in Chanel with a string of onions round her neck, casually lifting diamonds from a little jewellers at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower:cool: AND GETTING A FIRST IN IT:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I really wanted to like Mockingjay but it kind of annoyed me. I thought the other two books were good. I was especially hooked with book one, so much so that I had to hunt down an Internet connection on holidays to download the second one after finishing 'The hunger games' in a few hours.

But but but but I like the vision of her dressed in Chanel with a string of onions round her neck, casually lifting diamonds from a little jewellers at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower:cool: AND GETTING A FIRST IN IT:D:D

That sounds much better in fairness :D

Roesy wrote: »
    I really wanted to like Mockingjay but it kind of annoyed me. I thought the other two books were good. I was especially hooked with book one, so much so that I had to hunt down an Internet connection on holidays to download the second one after finishing 'The hunger games' in a few hours.

A couple of people have said that to me about Mockingjay. I think I'll read and see what I think though. I've been told Catching Fire is the best one by a couple of people too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

And there I was imagining her getting a first in being a giant, slow-talking tree

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Gah,I am so stressed right now, I hate when you have to make a big decision in very little time with lots of unknown variables, it just isnt fun! why oh why cant life just be easy???

Today had the feel of a crap day at first but then I ended up having a really good one :) The fact that it involved gossip was a massive help :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

careymary wrote: »
    Gah,I am so stressed right now, I hate when you have to make a big decision in very little time with lots of unknown variables, it just isnt fun! why oh why cant life just be easy???

Go with your gut instinct. It will very rarely let you down! It seems to be when you start doubting yourself that things go wrong (people in general not you specifically!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

In my mind, all mooting is is basically someone making a point and you leaping up, pointing straight at them and yelling "YOUR POINT IS MOOT!", really dramatically.

I want to do it. Just once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Think I've put on a little weight again. I know its nothing, and I shouldn't be too concerned, but I am getting so close to my ideal weight.

• Advertisement

Links don't be too worried. I've been told that the last few pounds can be tough to get rid of but you're doing great, chin up. :) x

I have a headache again. I forgot to buy Panadol and I was in the supermarket twice. Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Links234 wrote: »
    Think I've put on a little weight again. I know its nothing, and I shouldn't be too concerned, but I am getting so close to my ideal weight.

Don't worry, as we all know our weight fluctuates for all kinds of reasons... hormones, TOTM... little fluctuations are ok :)

Oh yeah, totm :o I think that actually might explain a lot, like why I haven't been sleeping lately too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Oh yeah, totm :o I think that actually might explain a lot, like why I haven't been sleeping lately too.

Haha, takes a bit of getting used to, eh? ;)

Haha, takes a bit of getting used to, eh? ;)
    I think its that I just keep forgetting it and it throws me.

As your weight loss slows towards the end, you might not be losing many more pounds but if you're exercising you'll still be losing inches. Use your clothes and a tape measure to track your progress, rather than the scales. Take it from someone who knows, the scales can be your worst enemy*.

*says the girl who just demolished half a tub of Ben and Jerry's :o

Thanks ;)

And don't worry, b&js has to be done. I kinda kept munching on dried fruit all evening, nom nom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I kinda kept munching on dried fruit all evening, nom nom
    I have a bad habit of snacking on dried fruit... not out of any sort of sense that it's healthier or anything, it's just really damn tasty. :pac: Have a big bag of dates here at the moment... yummy candy :D

I have a bad habit of snacking on dried fruit... not out of any sort of sense that it's healthier or anything, it's just really damn tasty. :pac: Have a big bag of dates here at the moment... yummy candy :D
    Mmmm, dates.

I'm not really under any impression its healthier, I just love it. Was having dried melon for the first time too tonight. Really gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I'm just gonna leave this here...

(Pixie, give it a watch. Saw it and thought of you!)

• Advertisement

My self-diagnosed Small Person Clumsiness Syndrome has struck again.. I'm after nearly killing myself slipping on the last couple of steps of the stairs. No idea how, I must have misjudged where I was but I somehow nearly landed headfirst into the television in the sitting room, couldn't do it again if I tried! Imagine me trying to explain that in Portlaoise A&E at 1am! :eek: :rolleyes: :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

It's always the stupid injuries that are the worst. I've managed to get kicked in the head by a poledancer (while she was swinging around), give myself a concussion by dropping a giant bottle of water on my head and almost dislocate my finger spinning a merry-go-round.

Those things aren't so merry. :(

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    It's always the stupid injuries that are the worst. I've managed to get kicked in the head by a poledancer (while she was swinging around), give myself a concussion by dropping a giant bottle of water on my head and almost dislocate my finger spinning a merry-go-round.

Sorry Foux but that made me laugh! :o

I was carrying 2 glasses at the time as well, it's wonder I didn't get hurt! :eek:

This is ridiculously catchy.. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've managed to get kicked in the head by a poledancer
    Hehehehehe. :D

I saw this lovely little mare "free to good home" on done deal.... makes me want my own horse again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I managed to stab myself fairly deep into the knuckle with a fondue fork. It bled for about an hour but I refused to call the dr because I could not tell anyone what I had done. My knuckle was nasty, stiff and swollen for like a month and I still would not go :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Am jealous of all your ice-cream goodness! Junk food here is pretty terrible; there are preservatives in the chocolate to stop it melting in the heat and the result is a very waxy, almost brittle chocolate with zero creaminess (and therefore zero appeal). Cakes are dry and crumby and you can't buy fresh cream anywhere... by no choice of my own I've easily lost about 2 inches off my waist since Christmas. Curry and lentil diet ftw - I've been a size 10 for years but might actually come home a size 8 in August. Once I don't lose my boobs, I'm happy :pac:

Have to bring my daughter to the gp, she cut her finger yesterday and this morning it's all swollen and infected he has green stuff coming out of it.

Also her eyesight is getting worse she sits at the back of class and can't see the writing on the blackboard it's blurred. Think she is going short sighted, this was picked up on a few months ago at her eye exam but at the time it was mild and we were told to bring her in for a test if it gets worst..

Diabetes is a pain...

My self-diagnosed Small Person Clumsiness Syndrome has struck again.. I'm after nearly killing myself slipping on the last couple of steps of the stairs. No idea how, I must have misjudged where I was but I somehow nearly landed headfirst into the television in the sitting room, couldn't do it again if I tried! Imagine me trying to explain that in Portlaoise A&E at 1am! :eek: :rolleyes: :o

Ouch! I'd say that I have the tall person version of that! I've had a few spectacular mishaps over the years (some of which resulted in actual injury/medical attention:D)

• Advertisement

Have to bring my daughter to the gp, she cut her finger yesterday and this morning it's all swollen and infected he has green stuff coming out of it.

Also her eyesight is getting worse she sits at the back of class and can't see the writing on the blackboard it's blurred. Think she is going short sighted, this was picked up on a few months ago at her eye exam but at the time it was mild and we were told to bring her in for a test if it gets worst..

Diabetes is a pain...

The poor girl. Hope she's okay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement