Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your fav rosemantic line from a movie???

Options
  • 06-10-2008 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

was watching the firm last night did anyone see it?? and it kinda got me thinking. what is your fav line from a movie and would you ever use it on that special someone who is in your life??

mine would have to be...i have loved you my whole life even before i met you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

"It was your oul one....she poked me in the eye with her cock."

The imagery is just striking

But seriously, it would probably be 'The Notebook' as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Marisa Tomei as Caroline in Untamed Heart speaking about Adam (Christian Slater) - "He doesn't make sense, I don't make sense, together... we make sense. "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

mollybird wrote: »
    mine would have to be...i have loved you my whole life even before i met you.

Yeah but don't lines like this just don't work in real life, you just sound like a spa. My favourite I can think of is when Princess Leah tells Hans Solo "I love you" and he replies "I know".
    Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Had to look up the exact words to this, but i love the bit in Love Actually where the guy stands outside the door with sheets of card:

[on sheets of poster board]
    Mark: With any luck, by next year - I'll be going out with one of these girls.
    [shows pictures of beautiful supermodels]
    Mark: But for now, let me say - Without hope or agenda - Just because it's Christmas - And at Christmas you tell the truth - To me, you are perfect - And my wasted heart will love you - Until you look like this
    [picture of a mummy]
    Mark: Merry Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

A Beautiful Mind

"It's only in the mysterious equations of love that any logical reasons can be found. I am only here tonight because of you. You are all I am. You are all my reasons."

it made me cry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

sar84 wrote: »
    Had to look up the exact words to this, but i love the bit in Love Actually where the guy stands outside the door with sheets of card:

Mark: But for now, let me say - Without hope or agenda - Just because it's Christmas - And at Christmas you tell the truth - To me, you are perfect - And my wasted heart will love you - Until you look like this
    [picture of a mummy]

I was going to say this bit as well. I always get slagged off by the lads for liking this film. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I was going to say this bit as well. I always get slagged off by the lads for liking this film. :D

Lol my missus loves that bit and I love Kiera Knightly in that bit so everyone's a winner! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

From High Fidelity.

" I miss her smell, and the way she tastes. It's a mystery of human chemistry and I don't understand it, some people, as far as their senses are concerned, just feel like home. "

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

[picture of a mummy]

I love that bit. It makes me cry every time (I know, I'm sad).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

[picture of a mummy]

That is the best part ever! He is so positively adorable... Aww i'm gonna watch Love Actually now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 loulou79

You complete me:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Back to the Future, when he tells his future wife:

I am your density.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

As Good as it Gets (Jack Nicholson to Helen Hunt)

"You make me want to be a better man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Can't think of a single romantic line from a movie!

Possibly because most of the romantic ones make me cringe :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

[picture of a mummy]

Damnit you beat me to it! Not only my favourite romantic scene but my favourite scene of all time from any movie. Love it!

themadchef wrote: »
    Can't think of a single romantic line from a movie!

Possibly because most of the romantic ones make me cringe :D.

From Gone Baby Gone ;

"Cheese, if you ever disrespect her again like that, I'm gonna pull your ****in' card, okay?"

said to a large male criminal who is pointing a gun at the main character's head and has just spoken ill of his girlfriend.

Now THAT's romantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭loopyloulou

loulou79 wrote: »
    You complete me:)

+ 1

or "you had me at hello"

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Its not really a line, but I love the bit in Titanic when Rose is going down on the Lifeboat, and they are just looking at each other as the boat lowers, and then she jumps off back onto the ship.

I'm all warm and fuzzy inside :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭chocciebutton

From Top Gun
    Kelly mc Gillis toTom Cruise
    Take me to bed or lose me forever!!!!!!!!!!

"I promise i will never die."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

From The Princess Bride, as Buttercup prepares to kill herself with a dagger, Westley says:

"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in the world, it would be a pity if you damaged yours."

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

kraggy wrote: »
    As Good as it Gets (Jack Nicholson to Helen Hunt)

"You make me want to be a better man"

that's what i was thinkin of. how sweet. i love that film.i think moulin rouge as a whole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

From Notting Hill - I'm just a girl, standing in front of a guy, asking him to love her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

SarahJ wrote: »
    Its not really a line, but I love the bit in Titanic when Rose is going down on the Lifeboat, and they are just looking at each other as the boat lowers, and then she jumps off back onto the ship.

I'm all warm and fuzzy inside :D

Titanic isn't romantic, he makes her promise she'll never let go and then when he gets all Mr Freeze on her, she lets go the dirty pirate hooker!

She lied!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Damnit you beat me to it! Not only my favourite romantic scene but my favourite scene of all time from any movie. Love it!

That scene gets me every.single.time.

I'll be welling up at the 'to me you are perfect', and when (as he's walking away, after she's kissed him) he says to himself 'no more' i lose it tsunami style.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Clare Bear wrote: »
    cuckoo wrote: »
    That scene gets me every.single.time.

I'll be welling up at the 'to me you are perfect', and when (as he's walking away, after she's kissed him) he says to himself 'no more' i lose it tsunami style.

it just makes my heart MELT or something. to me you are perfect.. AWWWWW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ASIL1983

Xavi6 wrote: »

But seriously, it would probably be 'The Notebook' as a whole.

I agree i was watching it last week and was Bawling at the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

ASIL1983 wrote: »
    I agree i was watching it last week and was Bawling at the end of it.

Am i the only one who didn't cry while watching the Notebook? And believe me, that's somethin, cos I cry at everything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

'was it raining? I hadn't noticed'

I always enjoy saying that to a girl if she points out the rain and its the two of us. I then try and see how long I can stare in her eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

'The happiness now is part of the pain later'
    Shadowlands

Melvin Udall: You make me want to be a better man.
    Carol Connelly: ...That's maybe the best compliment of my life.
    Melvin Udall: Well maybe I overshot a little, because I was aiming at just enough to keep you from walking out.
    'As good as it gets'

Advertisement