Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Why is religiraptor a sinner?
    I did say that it was a metaphorical illustration. The raptor represents evil subdued and reconciled by Christ ... just like the lamb that is normally in such illustrations represents the Saved Christian ... and the goodness inherent in Jesus Christ Himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

J C wrote: »
    I did say that it was a metaphorical illustration. The raptor represents evil subdued and reconciled by Christ ... just like the lamb that is normally in such illustrations represents the Saved Christian ... and the goodness inherent in Jesus Christ Himself.

...And I asked why? Why should religiraptor represent evil? What is evil
    about being different? Is it because religiraptor eats meat? If so then I'm
    sure most of the population are sinners for their carnivorous ways. Ah
    but I bet it's for some different reason, because it's different or something...
    I suppose though the ultimate crime is to be fed an apple by your own
    walking rib, I mean it really is [latex]10^{123}[/latex] times worse than anything imaginable.
    This must be religiraptors crime...

wrote:
    Originally Posted by Stercus Accidit
    Its rib fed it an apple.
    ... and what a beautiful, sexy and voluptuous 'rib' she turned out to be.:eek:

...And I asked why? Why should religiraptor represent evil? What is evil
    about being different? Is it because religiraptor eats meat? If so then I'm
    sure most of the population are sinners for their carnivorous ways. Ah
    but I bet it's for some different reason, because it's different or something...
    The Raptor represents sinful evil because it is a natural born killer.
    But the (unintended) message of the picture is that Jesus Christ can forgive all evil and sin ... and reconcile all sinners to Himself ... if they believe on Him!!!

motivator3917766.jpg

...I suppose though the ultimate crime is to be fed an apple by your own walking rib, I mean it really is [latex]10^{123}[/latex] times worse than anything imaginable.
    This must be religiraptors crime...
    Where are you getting this 'apple' nonesense from? ...
    ... the crime that Adam and Eve committed was their making a 'faustean pact' with the Devil to acquire the knowledge of evil ('sugar coated' with some knowledge of 'good') to help them 'swallow' the full Satanic Lie that they could be 'Gods' in their own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

What are you talking about JC everyone knows that Velociraptors where the gentlest of dinos.
    You've obiviously fallen for the myth propogated by Jurassic Park.
    And I was thinking you where so up to date with palaeontology...

• Advertisement

Okay this has gotten too weird, analyzing a photoshopped raptor-jesus
    picture seriously, I mean people like you can't really exist can they? :D
    You do realise what this picture really represents right? You do know why
    these pictures exist right? Oh man, it's such a lost cause... :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

... so are you saying that Genetic Information that is Complex, Functional and Specific doesn't exist?
    You do realise, don't you, that since the creationists' humiliation in Dover, the ID movement has withdrawn financial support for William Dembski's weird notions about what he calls "information"? And that even he himself has basically abandoned them as entirely sterile and useless?

If Mr Dumbski at the center has realized they're useless, how long does it take for the fringes to notice?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

The Raptor represents sinful evil because it is a natural born killer.
    'cept of course, the raptor is just eating to survive, doing the same thing us humans do to cows. Are you saying that killing cows, corn, wheat and so on, is also murder?

Sheesh, god sure didn't make it easy to live without sinning!

BTW, how come there wasn't cowjesus to forgive cows for eating grass? Or did some hick farmer out mid-west way eat cowjesus by mistake?

Holy cow!

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    ... so are you saying that Genetic Information that is Complex, Functional and Specific doesn't exist?

robindch
    You do realise, don't you, that since the creationists' humiliation in Dover, the ID movement has withdrawn financial support for William Dembski's weird notions about what he calls "information"? And that even he himself has basically abandoned them as entirely sterile and useless?

If Mr Dumbski at the center has realized they're useless, how long does it take for the fringes to notice?
    ... never mind the distraction that was Dover ... are you saying that Genetic Information that is Complex, Functional and Specific doesn't exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

... never mind the distraction that was Dover ... are you saying that Genetic Information that is Complex, Functional and Specific doesn't exist?

Why is it a dichotomy ?

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »
    'cept of course, the raptor is just eating to survive, doing the same thing us humans do to cows. Are you saying that killing cows, corn, wheat and so on, is also murder?

Sheesh, god sure didn't make it easy to live without sinning!

BTW, how come there wasn't cowjesus to forgive cows for eating grass? Or did some hick farmer out mid-west way eat cowjesus by mistake?

Holy cow!
    ... sin entered the world through Adam and Eve ... and with sin came death and killing ... but death and killing is not always sinful.

In this sin-filled fallen world, God gave mankind permission to kill animals for food ... and God Himself killed the first animals ... and presented the skins to Adam and Eve for clothing immediately after the Fall.
    Gen 3:21-24 The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Why is it a dichotomy ?
    I said that Dover was a distraction ... because it was never going to give any result other that what happened ... just like John Scopes was convicted of breaking the law by teaching Human Evolution in public school, because he did ...
    ... Dover enforced the law that demands that only Materialistic Evolution can be taught in public school ... because that is what the law states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Yes. We have been saying that for years.

DNA is not information, so therefore it can't be complex, functional or specific information.

The only people who claim otherwise are people who don't understand the information part of information theory, such as yourself

I said that Dover was a distraction ... because it was never going to give any result other that what happened ... just like John Scopes was convicted of breaking the law by teaching Human Evolution in public school, because he did ...
    ... Dover enforced the law that demands that only Materialistic Evolution can be taught in public school ... because that is what the law states.

Are you a young earth creationist ?

Okay this has gotten too weird, analyzing a photoshopped raptor-jesus
    picture seriously, I mean people like you can't really exist can they? :D
    You do realise what this picture really represents right? You do know why
    these pictures exist right? Oh man, it's such a lost cause... :o
    Just goes to show that God can turn the plots and plans of His opponents to His advantage ... and this picture, which was designed to mock God, has turned out to actually praise Him ... for His love and concern for all sinners!!!

... and the (unintended) message of the picture is that Jesus Christ can forgive all evil and sin ... and reconcile all sinners to Himself ... if they believe on Him!!!

motivator3917766.jpg

John 3:16-17 (New International Version)
    16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Are you a young earth creationist ?
    The very best scientists were ... and are!!

Just goes to show that God can turn the plots and plans of His opponents to His advantage ... and this picture which was designed to mock God has turned out to actually praise Him ... for His love and concern for all sinners!!!

... and the (unintended) message of the picture is that Jesus Christ can forgive all evil and sin ... and reconcile all sinners to Himself ... if they believe on Him!!!

Bien sur...

Bien sur...
    aye ... surely!!!:)

I'm glad that we agree on that!!!

The very best scientists were ... and are!!

Why are you a YEC ?
    Besides illogical arguments against other viewpoints. What evidence do you have for yours ?
    I am sick of you trying to poke holes in one of the most useful theory's of this century. I already know nothing that you see or hear could ever change your mind because your viewpoint is a faith-based one, and the only way you would ever accept is when you lose faith of your own accord

Why are you a YEC ?
    Besides illogical arguments against other viewpoints. What evidence do you have for yours ?
    I am sick of you trying to poke holes in one of the most useful theory's of this century. I already know nothing that you see or hear could ever change your mind because your viewpoint is a faith-based one, and the only way you would ever accept is when you lose faith of your own accord
    I used be an Evolutionist ... until I found out that there was no evidence for it ... and then I lost my faith in it.

• Advertisement

I used be an Evolutionist ... until I found out that there was no evidence for it.

I did not ask that

I did not ask that
    You expect a creationist to give an honest straight answer? Some people will never learn :p

If JC was capable of honesty he wouldn't be believing in all the all the bull**** he spouts.

King Mob wrote: »
    You expect a creationist to give an honest straight answer? Some people will never learn :p

If JC was capable of honesty he wouldn't be believing in all the all the bull**** he spouts.

To be honest , I want him to answer or shut up. He has heard all our reasoning, and all he does is **** all over it with straw-men arguments and already refuted points

To be honest , I want him to answer or shut up. He has heard all our reasoning, and all he does is **** all over it with straw-men arguments and already refuted points
    ...and all I want is some evidence ... any evidence, for Evolution !!!
    ... so that you can save your blushes!!!

... and evidence for micro-evolution doesn't count.

King Mob wrote: »

... all that has happened is that you have met your match ... and your nemesis!!:)

...and all I want is some evidence ... any evidence, for Evolution !!!
    ... so that you can save your blushes!!!

... and evidence for micro-evolution doesn't count.

Then read a book.

Don't bother answering my question, because you already have

Then read a book.

Don't bother answering my question, because you already have
    OK ... if you say so!!!:)

What book would you suggest?

... do you think that I should start with 'The Origin of Specious Nonesense'?

OK ... if you say so!!!:)

What book would you suggest?

... do you think that I should start with 'The Origin of Specious Nonesense'?

Maybe start with a junior cert Biology book and work your way up

• Advertisement

... all that has happened is that you have met your match ... and your nemesis!!:)
    So how exactly does ignoring all of my points and questions and challenges count as a "match"?

Sounds more like a delusional crank than a nemesis.

And notice how you still dodge his question after being called on it.
    That's what we call dishonesty JC.
    Maybe we should start you on Junior Infants before we get you to read a more adult book.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement