Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UL first years 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Yeah, I know it says that but apparently a number of houses aren't fully available on 31st of August for some reason..?

I got my Orientation stuff in the post today and I was wondering if anyone has enrolled online yet? I have set up my account for the si.ul.ie and logged in but all I'm getting is "You are not currently configured to receive any portal content.
    (no MRG records)". Is anyone else the same?

Yep I'm getting that message too, was gonna ring them but haven't got around to it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

kerryked wrote: »
    Yep I'm getting that message too, was gonna ring them but haven't got around to it yet.

I've sent an email to ugenrolement@ul.ie just there. Probably won't get a reply until tomorrow as they close office at 5.

sup_dude wrote: »
    Send the lecturers an email to ask if there's any other time you can attend. Usually with labs/tutorials for a bigger class, there are several times.

Could I do this now or would it be best if I waited till Orientation week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Could I do this now or would it be best if I waited till Orientation week?

You could do it now. You probably won't get a reply right now but it will stay in their emails and they can reply whenever they get back.

sup_dude wrote: »
    You could do it now. You probably won't get a reply right now but it will stay in their emails and they can reply whenever they get back.

For the lab, I have 3 different professors (I assume it is as it's left blank), who do I contact? Module is ME4111, Engineering Mechanics.

• Advertisement

Actually, never mind. I found another timetable (First Year Timetable) and it's shorter but it doesn't include the labs or tutorials. I guess that would be sorted after you've registered in Week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

I've sent an email to ugenrolement@ul.ie just there. Probably won't get a reply until tomorrow as they close office at 5.

I rang them this morning. They said to try again around 3 o'clock since it was due to a lot of traffic.

Still not able to get in so we rang again and were talking to another one. She said the online system wasn't set up and ye'd get an email or text to tell ye. I was able to enroll but I'm a post grad, but my sister is going in to first year and had the same problem as you guys and that's what we were told.

Still not 100% sure what the right answer is, but it seems that it's not up and running yet for undergrad enrollment and some form of message will be sent out when it is.

I rang them this morning. They said to try again around 3 o'clock since it was due to a lot of traffic.

Still not able to get in so we rang again and were talking to another one. She said the online system wasn't set up and ye'd get an email or text to tell ye. I was able to enroll but I'm a post grad, but my sister is going in to first year and had the same problem as you guys and that's what we were told.

Still not 100% sure what the right answer is, but it seems that it's not up and running yet for undergrad enrollment and some form of message will be sent out when it is.

Definitely isn't due to traffic as I signed up a few weeks back after I got my deferral offer. They haven't got it sorted yet so I'd imagine we'd have to wait then

Definitely isn't due to traffic as I signed up a few weeks back after I got my deferral offer. They haven't got it sorted yet so I'd imagine we'd have to wait then

Yeah, it seems to be that they just don't have it set up yet. Your one didn't seem impressed that I was told my sister could log in later in the day so I think the one this morning had no idea what was going on so made up a plausible sounding answer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

For the lab, I have 3 different professors (I assume it is as it's left blank), who do I contact? Module is ME4111, Engineering Mechanics.

Book of Modules (http://outside.ul.ie/BookofModules/Default.aspx) is your friend here. Look up the module code and it'll tell you who the module leader is - that person will be the main contact for that module.

• Advertisement

Chimaera wrote: »
    Book of Modules (http://outside.ul.ie/BookofModules/Default.aspx) is your friend here. Look up the module code and it'll tell you who the module leader is - that person will be the main contact for that module.

Link is broken. Giving me the "The page cannot be found"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

A quick search shows David Newport as your lecturer. I would try him. Staff emails are just their name with a dot in between with @ul.ie at the end, so his should be david.newport@ul.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Link is broken. Giving me the "The page cannot be found"

Ahh, the URL parser decided to include my closing parenthesis as part of the URL. It's fixed now.

Just to follow up on this, UL will send you an email or text letting you know that you can enrol online.

Says in the orientation handbook on page 8 at the bottom.

"Online enrolment is available to all full-time Undergrads. All students will receive an email and/or text message inviting them to enrol online. The process of enrolment is split into two stages. You must complete Stage 1 in advance of Orientation and you must complete Stage 2 during Orientation."

• Registered Users Posts: 14 niamhmoloney0

I thought I was the only one who was getting that no MRG records message. I was wondering if anyone has done the online finance task yet, because I can't get the link. Does that have something to do with the portal not being active yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

What was the first thing everyone did? Step 2a yeah?

Yeah, well I tried to anyway.

Yeah, well I tried to anyway.

Thanks :) Is step 2b the one we have to wait a while to do?

What was the first thing everyone did? Step 2a yeah?

Have you already enrolled online? Still have the "No Active Content" page

Thanks :) Is step 2b the one we have to wait a while to do?

It's grand I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who has this problem :) and yeah I think so, that comes after you pay your fees.

• Advertisement

Have you already enrolled online? Still have the "No Active Content" page

I haven't done anything yet :P I'm going to try and do 2a soon.
    It's grand I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who has this problem :) and yeah I think so, that comes after you pay your fees.

I'm kind of confused :confused: :pac:

I'm unbelievably confused :):):)

Idk I'd say that we'd get an email or text saying when to do this fee thing and enroll etc, well hopefully anyway.

Idk I'd say that we'd get an email or text saying when to do this fee thing and enroll etc, well hopefully anyway.

For step 2a do we enter our ID that we got on the letter and then the generic password they gave us as the password? Or do we do that somewhere else :pac::pac:

For step 2a do we enter our ID that we got on the letter and then the generic password they gave us as the password? Or do we do that somewhere else :pac::pac:

Yep, and then after you put in the generic password they'll ask you to enter a new password for yourself and then your date of birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cian__

Anybody doing Science Choice? (LM117)

Just to follow up on this, UL will send you an email or text letting you know that you can enrol online.

Says in the orientation handbook on page 8 at the bottom.

"Online enrolment is available to all full-time Undergrads. All students will receive an email and/or text message inviting them to enrol online. The process of enrolment is split into two stages. You must complete Stage 1 in advance of Orientation and you must complete Stage 2 during Orientation."

Yep, saw that but we thought it might be ok since I was able to enroll. Obviously we'll just sit and wait as the book tells us :P

I changed my password and then got a no MRG records message. Is this as far as everyone else got?

I changed my password and then got a no MRG records message. Is this as far as everyone else got?

Yeah, that's as far as everyone is getting to now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 CRPJ

Has anyone who's booked accommodation on campus been told which village their going to yet? I've gotten the text and confirmed it and just received a letter in the post today inviting me to an open day but have still no idea if I got my first choice or not. Is this the case for everyone else or did I miss something along the way?

Advertisement