Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Lost my 4th stone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

does anyone know where I can get ww magazine subscriptions?

cant seem to find anywhere I can subscribe to for delivery in ireland.....that isnt going to charge arm and a leg for delivery jus outside UK.

i know its only 4 euro ever two months to buy...but i'm just hardly ever in a newsagents...and it would be nice to have something fall into my lap full of recipes and articles to keep me going

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

lorimc wrote: »

Did the mini-marathon, think I did it in around 1h 2mins, wanted under an hour but I got given the wrong colour at registration (was supposed to be with the runners/fast joggers) and couldn't get up with the other joggers in front of the walkers so that seriously slowed me down for about 2K. Thought it was fun but there were so many people I found it a little frustrating.
    :(

Found that extremely frustrating too! The sheer amount of people slowed us down to and we were walking. The joggers must have found it really really hard! Fair play on your time though.

june/july edition of ww magazine is actually REALLy good...usually only a few pages interest me...but this is PACKED with recipes...loads of BBQ stuff...burgers, wraps, picnic foods, and hehe my new favourite ice lollie is listed as a low point ideal treat :P Fruit Pastille Lollies 2pp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

flamelily wrote: »
    thanks Dublin25.....the picking is always my downfall.....cause you can sort of pretend you didn't eat it!!! Sticking to points like glue for the rest of the week and am also hoping I STS but if I gain I will know why as well!!!

had a quick peep at the McD site as they list nutrional info on it, not sure which wrap you had, I pointed the 'Chicken Snack Wrap' which is 13pp on calculator and the 'Sweetchillichicken' one which was 12pp so hope that helps!!!

Thanks! I checked the site yesterday and the one i had wasn't on it (or i couldn't find it!). I had the Salsa and Mayo Grilled Chicken wrap, was ok as McD's goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well done newbee and fofany great results :)

Did the mini-marathon yesterday. Walked it in an hour and half so was really pleased because that was my target. Foodwise hasn't been great though.

I won't be able to make WI this week because I'm off Liverpool tomorrow with friends. We're staying with a friend so the plan is to hit the supermarkets for food so hopefully I'll be able to be good while I'm there.

Good luck to everyone with WIs today!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

newbee22 wrote: »
    Lost my 4th stone!!

Brilliant. I'm sure everyone is really noticing a big difference in you. I have a friend coming for lunch today that I haven't seen since December & am hoping he notices a change in me - but then again, men just aren't as good as noticing things like that, are they?

Hope you treat yourself to a little reward for all your hard work - non-food one that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

Dublin25 wrote: »
    Thanks! I checked the site yesterday and the one i had wasn't on it (or i couldn't find it!). I had the Salsa and Mayo Grilled Chicken wrap, was ok as McD's goes.

hiya, took a peek at their site here http://www.mcdonaldsmenu.info/nutrition/ourmenu.jsp and found the wrap you had, according to my calculator it looks like your one is the lowest pp of the wraps at 9pp

Protein 27g
    carbs 42g
    Fat 9g
    fibre 4g

newbee22 congrats on your 4th stone that is brilliant!!! and fofany it must be great to be so close to goal......my aim is to get down to my pre-baby weight......still a ways to go yet but it is sooo motivating to see people getting there.....love this thread!!!!

have re-discovered ryvita biscuits!!! had 2 for my lunch, with some garlic and herb philly, some ham and sliced tomatoes all for 4 pps, plus a yummy yougurt (1pp) and a banana so I am actually stuffed and happy. Making pasta bake for dinner with some zero point homemade pasta sauce and some salad......looking forward to that as its yummy and the only points will be the pasta :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭FatGirlSlim

Hey All,

Been messing around a bit and was stalling at 12st 11lbs 1/4 but finally got into WW pp last week and weighed in Monday two pounds down so am 12 9 1/4 which is fab!

I have to admit I'm going a couple of points over each day, am finding it hard to stick to, but I'm seeing a loss still which is good, just need to make better food choices, even porridge doesn't seem to get me past the 10am snack attack!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

My friend came for lunch today & the first thing he said when he came through the door was how great I was looking & that I had lost loads of weight (so much for thinking men don't notice). So chuffed. I am so motivated today with my 2lb loss & then the compliments. It has put me in such a good mood.

• Advertisement

Hey All,

Been messing around a bit and was stalling at 12st 11lbs 1/4 but finally got into WW pp last week and weighed in Monday two pounds down so am 12 9 1/4 which is fab!

I have to admit I'm going a couple of points over each day, am finding it hard to stick to, but I'm seeing a loss still which is good, just need to make better food choices, even porridge doesn't seem to get me past the 10am snack attack!

yeah like i might go 2 or 3 over my dailies this week now...but it'll be on things like ryvita and light cheese...or a coffee....the weeklies are great...

I'm eating TONNES this much...but I'm making good choices.... So i dont mind going over the dailies by a fraction...going over by 2 or 3 on ryvita and light cheese is better than going over by 15 or 20 on butter and toast!

Things I'm doing different this week:
    Trying new recipes.
    Eating Less potatoes.
    Tinned Pears, Baked Apples & baby carrots (getting more fruit/veg on a daily basis)
    Started eating ryvita
    Drinking less coffee
    Scheduling snacks
    Less carbs at lunch, having eggs for lunch, yesterday had chicken omlette, today having ham omlette, tomorrow....bit of fish and scrambled eggs

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    yeah like i might go 2 or 3 over my dailies this week now...but it'll be on things like ryvita and light cheese...or a coffee....the weeklies are great...

I'm eating TONNES this much...but I'm making good choices.... So i dont mind going over the dailies by a fraction...going over by 2 or 3 on ryvita and light cheese is better than going over by 15 or 20 on butter and toast!

Things I'm doing different this week:
    Trying new recipes.
    Eating Less potatoes.
    Tinned Pears, Baked Apples & baby carrots (getting more fruit/veg on a daily basis)
    Started eating ryvita
    Drinking less coffee
    Scheduling snacks
    Less carbs at lunch, having eggs for lunch, yesterday had chicken omlette, today having ham omlette, tomorrow....bit of fish and scrambled eggs

Good ideas!

It's during work I find the hardest, I seem to have a huge appetite when I'm in work and I get light headed and feel weak if I don't have food regularly!

I have porridge and a piece of fruit for brek which is great but its the snacky bits inbetween then and lunch, and sometimes lunch and dinner, that seem to kill me!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Well done everyone who had a loss this week - particularly newbee22 with 4 stones off!! :eek: :p
    I have my WI tonight and I am not expecting any good news. I hit the 3 stone mark last week and then spent all of this week celebrating by stuffing my face!
    I really want to get back on track now so I'm actually looking forward to seeing the scales tonight - it might be the kick in the a**e that I need to get tracking again!

Anyway, best of luck to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    june/july edition of ww magazine is actually REALLy good...usually only a few pages interest me...but this is PACKED with recipes...loads of BBQ stuff...burgers, wraps, picnic foods, and hehe my new favourite ice lollie is listed as a low point ideal treat :P Fruit Pastille Lollies 2pp :D

Agree, this month's mag is very good. Has a whole article on how hard it is to lose the last half stone - which is where I am now and finding it very difficult so it gave me a bit of motivation :D

I have actually been quite good this week - have 34 weeklies left, that's how good I've been! :D And even at work today, where two ppl have come back from hols and the place is overflowing with sweets & chocolate, I only had 2 jelly beans and 1 mini cola bottle :D

Good ideas!

It's during work I find the hardest, I seem to have a huge appetite when I'm in work and I get light headed and feel weak if I don't have food regularly!

I have porridge and a piece of fruit for brek which is great but its the snacky bits inbetween then and lunch, and sometimes lunch and dinner, that seem to kill me!

tinned fruit would be ideal at work if you like it. dont need a fridge...dont need to do any prep work, all you need is a fork. just drain it over a sink.
    the tesco own brand ones are great cos they are pulll rings...dont need can opener

I'm at home.....with complete access to fridge and kitchen all day...nothing or no one to stop me but my self. So just trying to keep my hands busy when ever I can....playing with the dog...cleaning bird cages, cleaning the house. even cooking....ironically when I'm cooking a new recipe I haven't tried before I'm so focussed on getting it right I dont pick.

Tayto Velvet Crunch 2pp
    Skips 2pp
    Aldi Satin Crunch 2pp
    Nescafe Skinny Mocha (YUMMMMMMMMMMMY) 2pp
    ww muffins (dunne stores) 4pp
    Tesco Cod Fish Cakes (purple bag) 3pp (cook at home and reheat in micowave)
    Various Snack o Jack rice cake flavours (points vary from flavour to flavour) but they are good to munch on

fofany wrote: »
    My friend came for lunch today & the first thing he said when he came through the door was how great I was looking & that I had lost loads of weight (so much for thinking men don't notice). So chuffed. I am so motivated today with my 2lb loss & then the compliments. It has put me in such a good mood.
    Brill news Fofany! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Ive had a bad eating weekend but good exercise one....am having crap day at work and really want to go home and tuck into some minstrels or Galaxy!!!
    Think Ill skip this weeks wi and make up for it followin week!!! Ugh....in the dumps....Africa 7 weeks and a wedding in 6....bought a dress a few weeks ago and thought be loser by now!!!still need a 3rd hand with the zip!!! :(

kc83 wrote: »
    Ive had a bad eating weekend but good exercise one....am having crap day at work and really want to go home and tuck into some minstrels or Galaxy!!!
    Think Ill skip this weeks wi and make up for it followin week!!! Ugh....in the dumps....Africa 7 weeks and a wedding in 6....bought a dress a few weeks ago and thought be loser by now!!!still need a 3rd hand with the zip!!! :(

throw them out! you'll be proud of your self when you do! If I can pull my self back from the bottomless pit that was the last two weeks....YOU CAN DO IT!

Is féidir linn
    Is féidir linn
    Is féidir linn

Quick question guys...is pizza express the same as Milanos?! Heading there for dinner and want to point it before I go and decide on something with good points?

Quick question guys...is pizza express the same as Milanos?! Heading there for dinner and want to point it before I go and decide on something with good points?

go for plain cheese (single cheese not 4 cheese)

and thin crust...that would generally be the lowest in points pizza wise.

Which one you heading to Milanos or Pizza Express?

• Advertisement

Pint of water,
    a diet coke and bran muffin!

Post treadmill snack 4pp :D

Heading to Milanos! Have the eating out guide but has pizza express points and pizza hut points in it but none for Milanos! Don't want to use too many of my weeklies because only weighed in this morning!:p

Heading to Milanos! Have the eating out guide but has pizza express points and pizza hut points in it but none for Milanos! Don't want to use too many of my weeklies because only weighed in this morning!:p

when in doubt...google....

and if you cant find the full nutritional information, usually you can find the menu and make good choices with common sense from the menu

http://www.milano.ie/our-food/mains.aspx

They also have a childrens menu (smaller portions)

if it was me....

I would go with the Margarita, (ask if they can make it thin crust)

They also have a "Light menu" Leggara Pizza.

Margarita Leggara

Lainey-you are actually a lifesaver!Same pizza names as Pizza Express! Thanks!:D

Gonna go with Gustosa!

Lainey-you are actually a lifesaver!Same pizza names as Pizza Express! Thanks!:D

doesnt mean they'll be the same points...but it'll be good guide :)

I'm the agony aunt of ww on boards :P Ask and I shall (try to) find haha

Always safer to add a few extra points! Says it's 14 but I'm going to point it as 16, just in case! Still within my dailies so won't have to use any of my weeklies!:D

Always safer to add a few extra points! Says it's 14 but I'm going to point it as 16, just in case! Still within my dailies so won't have to use any of my weeklies!:D

Great to be prepared :) is the info in the book per portion or whole pizza?

Thanks Lainey you're a great help!:D

Must pick up some of those tinned fruits!

They're per pizza! It doesn't seem to bad actually compared to Pizza Hut where they're pointed per slice,some of them are 11 points per slice!:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Hi there.. I only found this thread yesterday and been reading it and catching up I think its great! Been following PP system since Jan and so far lost 16lbs and another 14 to go.. Be great to use this forum for advice etc.. Best of luck everyone with WI's this week xxxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement