Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foo Fighters

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

Poster floating around the net, Wembley dates supposedly June 19th and 20th!

honestly I hope not cause the last time they played Wembley they did not play ireland ,thankfully my girlfriend brought me to London for the 1st night it was mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I was at the 2nd Wembley Stadium show and it was easily the worst Foos show I have ever been to, combined with IYH and ESP&G they were starting to look less and less relevant as a rock band (Wasting Light changed that thankfully).

p.s. The Islington Show was pretty good on Friday night :D

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I was at the 2nd Wembley Stadium show and it was easily the worst Foos show I have ever been to, combined with IYH and ESP&G they were starting to look less and less relevant as a rock band (Wasting Light changed that thankfully).

p.s. The Islington Show was pretty good on Friday night :D

the biggest problem I had with Wembley besides the disaster of a tube service was the crap English crowd they had no atmosphere thankfully I was with herself on a mad weekend flew in that morning straight to Foos went mental near the front back to the hotel up at 5 to head to the airport back to dublin took herself to see her favourite band bon Jovi in punchestown just a crazy weekend

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

colmufc wrote: »
    honestly I hope not cause the last time they played Wembley they did not play ireland ,thankfully my girlfriend brought me to London for the 1st night it was mental

We will def get a irish show this time

Foo Fighters have announced plans to tour south America in January, 2015.

The band will perform in Argentina, Brazil, Columbia and Chile across six dates according to Consequence of Sound. Starting in the Chilean city of Santiago on January 15, Dave Grohl and his band will then head to Buenos Aires, Porto Alegre, Sao Paulo and Rio De Janeiro before ending the jaunt in Bogota on January 31.

These tour dates represent Foo Fighters first confirmed dates of 2015. The band recently visited Great Britain for a trip that included a performance at Wembley Stadium as well as three tiny club dates.

Foo Fighters played the three intimate UK shows under the name The Holy ****s, as well as appearing at the closing of the Invictus Games in London.

New album 'Sonic Highways' will be released on November 10 and is the band's eighth studio effort. The vinyl release of 'Sonic Highways' will come with an assortment of nine different covers including eight themed around one of the cities in which the album was recorded: Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Nashville, New Orleans, New York, Seattle and Washington, DC
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/79888?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=foos#85Tb0ZDOFSHruhPk.99

Just been announced for Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park . Also BBC will be showing Sonic Highway

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just been announced for Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park . Also BBC will be showing Sonic Highway

When does it air??, Will have to series link it on Sky+

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    When does it air??, Will have to series link it on Sky+

no let sure on dates but it's on bbc 4 ,but here is the stupid thing the first 3 run on tv the next 3 on the bbc I player and the final 2 will be on both , I hope they change that as the I player is geo blocked

no let sure on dates but it's on bbc 4 ,but here is the stupid thing the first 3 run on tv the next 3 on the bbc I player and the final 2 will be on both , I hope they change that as the I player is geo blocked

Yea i dont get the way they are showing some on BBC4 then the rest on the player . Suppose may try and stream the other episodes so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I hope they change that as the I player is geo blocked

Plenty of easy ways around that.

I assume Slash will be on the Sonic Highways album in some form seeing as he appeared in the trailer for the documentary.

Foo Fighter w/Zac Brown covered Black Sabbath's War Pigs on the Late Show With David Letterman last night, have to admit it's a good cover of one of my favorite Black Sabbath songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Nice....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Horrible. The Foo's are too upbeat and bouncy to pull off a decent Sabbath cover. No sense of menace of foreboding to that version at all.

They're on Letterman all week apparently so we should get another 4 songs before the week's out. Hopefully something off the new album.

Edit - just saw on their twitter feed that they'll be playing a new song on Thursday so it looks like covers tonight and tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Foo Fighters
    The rumors are true…this Thursday you’ll hear the first song on our new album.

Sonic Highways has been pre-ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,479 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not bad but not out of this world. Might be a grower though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Really like that song after 2 listens. Like the way it changes about half way in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Can hear some likeness to Dio's "Holy Diver" thrown in there :eek:; might grow but certainly doesn't grab me as much as "Rope" which was first release from last record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I quite like that, and I don't really like much of their later stuff.

Nate

I like it. Nothing groundbreaking, but I'd expect that. Still good listening!

Can hear some likeness to Dio's "Holy Diver" thrown in there :eek:; might grow but certainly doesn't grab me as much as "Rope" which was first release from last record.

I thought i as the only one who was hearing the likeness of Holy Diver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

Big time "Holy Diver" riff rob ... song's OK. More steady output from the Foo's. I find them dependable but never earth shattering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

RayCon wrote: »
    Big time "Holy Diver" riff rob ... song's OK. More steady output from the Foo's. I find them dependable but never earth shattering.

Definitely, I couldn't believe it when I heard it :pac: dependable riff though I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭north_star_33

I used to be a monster ff fan since i saw that brixton 95 show on the old mtv and have them live on numerous occasions ..

But the last 2 or 3 albums havent really been all that great (i hated espg save for about 4 songs) and yes this new song sounds like a cover in parts

Hope this album is a good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭fluke

I used to be a monster ff fan since i saw that brixton 95 show on the old mtv and have them live on numerous occasions ..

But the last 2 or 3 albums havent really been all that great (i hated espg save for about 4 songs) and yes this new song sounds like a cover in parts

Hope this album is a good one

For me OBYO, IYH and ESPG really made me care less about the band. WL was prob the best album since TINLTL. The first song off this new one has me thinking it's gonna be IYH again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I am disappoint :(

Totally didn't grab my attention at all. And I actually find it quite annoying at parts.

Was just thinking 'Holy Diver,' glad to see other people picked up on it too!!

For shame lads, for shame.

I used to be a monster ff fan since i saw that brixton 95 show on the old mtv

Oh, yes. Have that somewhere on vhs as well. Still think that first album is the high water mark for DG as a song writer. A very dark and mournful effort - it stands in total contrast to the more radio-friendly, arena rock that came afterward.

I distinctly remember hearing 'Learn to Fly' for the first time on mtv and thinking that was enough for me.

Foo Fighters
    SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT!!
    Foo Fighters @ Wrigley Field
    Chicago, IL
    Saturday - August 29, 2015
    Info: cubs.com/foo
    Pre-sales start this Friday, Oct. 24 – 10 am CT
    On Sale to the Public Monday, Oct. 27 – 10 am CT

10698609_10154718751885545_2740824130826902050_n.jpg?oh=787c45c846bc7d8cfc487a940151064d&oe=54B84C7C&__gda__=1424742787_07a4e7e75c10322610814f73783dbfc5

Something For Nothing live on the Late Show with David Letterman.

Something From Nothing video.

^^^ I'm pretty sure that's Steve Albini's (Dude who recorded Nirvana's In Utero) studio in Chicago.

I'm loving it sounds great can't wait for the show now and the album , there playing a club show in Washington dc tonight $20 in , I mailed a friend living there , they are now pissed I told them about cause they have work tonight and would not have heard about it for but she's alright she already met dave and Chris while drinking in dc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

^^^ I'm pretty sure that's Steve Albini's (Dude who recorded Nirvana's In Utero) studio in Chicago.

It is indeed, watch the first ep of sonic highways, I really enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Sonic Highways is showing on BBC4 starting this coming Sunday with the first two episodes:

Not a purely Rock documentary, it also has contributions from rappers, Dolly Parton and President Obama ... :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement

2nd song from Sonic Highways

Another song that's only ok.

I have a feeling this album, for all it's slick promotion, is going to struggle to match previous sales figures for FF realeases. Between this current documentary, and Sound City (enjoyable as it was) Grohl is in danger of overplaying the nostalgia card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

That new song is B side material at best. If that's one of the EIGHT that made the final cut this could be a stinker

Not gone on that one, kinda wished it would finish earlier than it did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    That new song is B side material at best. If that's one of the EIGHT that made the final cut this could be a stinker

Tis track 2 on the album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

Well that was a big bowl of meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭north_star_33

I actually like the second tune far more than the first....the first one is long overproduced and messy but it will be lapped up by newer foo fans anyway.
    And 8 songs?!!!! And also does anyone else think dave is just trying to dominate music....i mean i love the guy...and ive been listening to all things foo for 20 years...but i persoanally think hes just trying to gobble everyone...

Or am i.a muupet ;)

Foo Fighters performed new track 'The Feast And The Famine' live for the first time on Friday night in Washington DC.

The band performed an intimate club show to around 400 fans at the city's Black Cat club last night (October 24).

The gig took place directly after the second episode of the Dave Grohl direct documentary series Sonic Highways was broadcast on HBO.

Taking to the stage shortly after 11pm, Grohl and co performed for more than three hours. Their set was almost totally made up of tracks spread across their 20-year career including new song 'Something From Nothing', first debuted as part of the Chicago episode of Sonic Highways broadcast last week.

Late on in the set Grohl introduced 'The Feast And The Famine', made available online on Thursday, and said: "We've never played this in front of people before. This song is about Washington D.C."

The epic set also included tracks like 'All My Life', 'One By One', 'Big Me', 'Monkey Wrench', 'My Hero', 'White Limo' and 'Best Of You'. The band also played a number of covers including Queen's 'Under Pressure' and 'Stiff Competition' by Cheap Trick.

Foo Fighters' eighth album, 'Sonic Highways', will be released on November 10. As previously revealed to NME, Eagles' Joe Walsh, Death Cab For Cutie's Ben Gibbard and Cheap Trick's Rick Nielsen are among the guests who feature on the record.

Sonic Highways, the documentary which takes viewers behind the scenes as Foo Fighters record their new album in different studios around America, will air in the UK on BBC Four beginning Sunday, October 26. The eight-episode series will then be split between BBC Four and BBC iPlayer, with episodes three to six available exclusively online. The final two episodes will then be shown on BBC Four.

Foo Fighters played:

'Something From Nothing'
    'The Pretender'
    'New Way Home'
    'Up in Arms'
    'I'll Stick Around'
    'My Hero'
    'Learn to Fly'
    'White Limo'
    'Arlandria'
    'Cold Day in the Sun'
    'Stiff Competition'
    'Breakdown'
    'Miss You'
    'Under Pressure'
    'Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love'
    'All My Life'
    'Aurora'
    'Generator'
    'Walk'
    'Monkey Wrench'
    'Hey, Johnny Park!'
    'Times Like These'
    'This Is a Call'
    'The Feast and the Famine'
    'Weenie Beenie'
    'Big Me'
    'Best of You'
    'Everlong'

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/80644#MhAcY9qBpe6CuYLB.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Something from Holy Diver riff and 2nd song there like B-sides as some mentioned, hopefully don't regret pre-ordering this a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Way prefer the second song to the first, surprised it wasn't the first single.

• Advertisement
Advertisement