Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the "Moons and Suns" competition is? I see loads of Irish teams with trophies etc. from it. Just wondering what it is and maybe even how to enter / how is it played / when.

i joined an italian monday league three seasons ago ,checkout third party comps lounge you might get lucky its getting late to join, other ones most have restriction on intensity look around it is a great saving on looking for monday fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

morgan62 wrote: »
    How do you improve creative,expansive,pg and driving

mostly the attack skill for all, then there's also different skills needed for each, which is really just improving the key skills for each position or row- speed agility for expansive (mostly wings and fullback), and again for creative with handling (mostly centres and halves), strength/weight for P&G and with speed for driving

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭morgan62

cclampett wrote: »
    mostly the attack skill for all, then there's also different skills needed for each, which is really just improving the key skills for each position or row- speed agility for expansive (mostly wings and fullback), and again for creative with handling (mostly centres and halves), strength/weight for P&G and with speed for driving
    Thanks thought it would have been based on something like that or the teams overall skill level

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

Hey guys,

I was looking back over previous Boards League comps and I noticed Season 18 trophies hadn't been given out, so I checked over the final placings as best I could and have given out trophies to the winners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Cheers Davy. I got the same trophy twice. 3rd in Div 6 in season 18 & 19. I think the season 19 one is wrong. Maybe you could fix it? Think my awards are:

S18: 3rd Place Div 6
    S19: Won Div 5
    S20: 4th in Div 4 (No Trophy)
    S21: Won Div 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Cheers Davy. I got the same trophy twice. 3rd in Div 6 in season 18 & 19. I think the season 19 one is wrong. Maybe you could fix it? Think my awards are:

S18: 3rd Place Div 6
    S19: Won Div 5
    S20: 4th in Div 4 (No Trophy)
    S21: Won Div 4

if my memory is correct trophies given out in season 18 were mistakenly given as season 19 trophies ,thankyou for fixing seson 18 but i still have one for season 19

whats the maximum skill level that you can get to with level 3 facilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

18 I think

Davyboy. wrote: »
    18 I think

brilliant didnt think it would be anywhere near that high
    thanks as well

yeah TT caps out at lv3 and that gets skills to 17.9999 - have seen players CSR increases from training drop suddenly when a TT'd only skill is about to hit 18 and then the pop comes in the next IGT game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

What is the max for lvl 1 + 2 facilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

ganmo wrote: »
    What is the max for lvl 1 + 2 facilities?

think around 15/16? hard to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

eoferrall wrote: »
    think around 15/16? hard to remember.

surely thats too high for lv 1 or 2?

At a guess i'd say

lv 5 = 21 (godly)
    lv 4 = 18 (monumental)
    lv 3 = 16 (superior)
    lv 2 = 14 (amazing)
    lv 1 = 12 (princely)

also the weekly increase with lv 1 or 2 is so low, it would take a very long time for a player to see a skill get to 12/13/14.

I have lv 4 for my affiliate and lv 5 for main club and the difference is massive i find

surely thats too high for lv 1 or 2?

At a guess i'd say

lv 5 = 21 (godly)
    lv 4 = 18 (monumental)
    lv 3 = 16 (superior)
    lv 2 = 14 (amazing)
    lv 1 = 12 (princely)

also the weekly increase with lv 1 or 2 is so low, it would take a very long time for a player to see a skill get to 12/13/14.

I have lv 4 for my affiliate and lv 5 for main club and the difference is massive i find

well guys come out of the academy with 10 or 11, so level 1 has to give more than one skill point surely? but I honestly can't remember as it's changed and I've had level five for a long time!

absolute caps
    lv 5 21
    lv 4 20
    lv 3 18

1 & 2 ..?? dunno

however trying to train a skill to 20 with lv4 takes absolutely forever, it can get it there but it's too inefficient, so in that sense, Johnnysmacks caps are a more suitable guide for soft caps

soft caps - the point at which it becomes very inefficient to train past

This is taken from Andrews post in the First Try Lounge
    (As an ID is required to quote here, I've quoted myself just to be clear that everything within the quotebox has been copied and pasted)
    Skill Level and Training;
    The higher the level of trainer the higher they can train a skill. It is believed that each level has a cap, but also that they train much slower after a certain level, here is the levels that I believe each level can train to, please note these are not fact, but purely based on my opinion;
    Level 1 training – can train to 14, but very slow after 10
    Level 2 training – can train to 16, but very slow after 13
    Level 3 training – can train to 18, but very slow after 15
    Level 4 training – can train to 20, but very slow after 17
    Level 5 training – can train to 21, but very slow after 19
    This is just a rough guide, but should give you some sort of guide as to where you need your trainers to be to get the players you want. These levels also relate to a coach, so the highest your players will ever get once you finish their individual training is 18 (through training, their skills will still pop through IGT, just at a very slow pace).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

This is taken from Andrews post in the First Try Lounge
    (As an ID is required to quote here, I've quoted myself just to be clear that everything within the quotebox has been copied and pasted)

Good to know, I have switched off stamina training till I get a higher level coach. Is it similar for youth training? I know I have got a ten or two in stamina from lvl 1 all round facilities but I guess they could have been created with lvl 10.

youth training is entirely different, common belief is that all youth training has a hard cap at 14

where should i play this guy?
    Rex Biddulph
    16 years old
    Player ID 7962829
    Plays for Junior Dromintee R.C
    Nationality Ireland
    Weight 111kg
    Height 184cm
    Scouted 7 Jun 2014 12:01
    Birthday Round 2, Day 3
    Stars 24
    Left handed, right footed, in average form Increasing.
    A conservative player with flawless discipline, moderate leadership, and non-existent experience.
    Energy: Perfect %
    Stamina: Unknown ? Handling: Unknown ?
    Attack: Unknown ? Defense: Unknown ?
    Technique: Unknown ? Strength: Unknown ?
    Jumping: Unknown ? Speed: Unknown ?
    Agility: Unknown ? Kicking: Unknown ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bobarena

It would help to know some of his stats, but I'd say openside or Centre judging by his size. If anybody says Front Row, ignore them.

• Advertisement

bobarena wrote: »
    It would help to know some of his stats, but I'd say openside or Centre judging by his size. If anybody says Front Row, ignore them.
    I know hes to light for a front row. Hasnt olayed a match yet

probably supposed to be a hooker, but openside should also work out in the YA till you see a few reveals

probably supposed to be a hooker, but openside should also work out in the YA till you see a few reveals
    To light for a hooker

too light in the opinion of everyone that's ever played BR, but probably supposed to be, or a prop even.

just like you can get a 193 cm guy that's supposed to be a lock

111kg isn't too light for hooker IMO. My hookers are 110kg and 122kg don't notice a huge difference if performance (similar stats). if at div 1 or high end div 2 the small things make the difference, so would depend on where they are in the leagues and the team type.

I agree with CClampet - hooker

• Registered Users Posts: 28 throrm

Whats the "other cap" that some players can earn?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

throrm wrote: »
    Whats the "other cap" that some players can earn?

Testimonials and Exhibition matches

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

322888.JPG

Is this fella worth training up?

203cm, 121kg. His CSR is 7,049. He's 18 on Round 13 day 7.

Would it be possible to get him up around 100k by the time he is 21 or is it a waste of trainings as he is starting from such a low base? I have level 3 facilities & coaches.

I haven't really had a proper trainee yet, just tried to buy decent young lads & trained them while they backbone my team. This fella would get the 10 sessions per week & the odd IGT but he wouldn't be starting any meaningful matches.

For some background, I'm a division 3 team for about 4 years & last year was my best finish. I came 5th but miles away from coming 4th. Any opinions would be welcome, thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

i wouldnt train him, he's just too low a starting point. and i dont think you'd hit 100k by the time he's 21 with lv 5s nevermind lv 3s.

• Advertisement

jj1 wrote: »
    322888.JPG

Is this fella worth training up?

203cm, 121kg. His CSR is 7,049. He's 18 on Round 13 day 7.

Would it be possible to get him up around 100k by the time he is 21 or is it a waste of trainings as he is starting from such a low base? I have level 3 facilities & coaches.

I haven't really had a proper trainee yet, just tried to buy decent young lads & trained them while they backbone my team. This fella would get the 10 sessions per week & the odd IGT but he wouldn't be starting any meaningful matches.

For some background, I'm a division 3 team for about 4 years & last year was my best finish. I came 5th but miles away from coming 4th. Any opinions would be welcome, thanks lads.
    i wouldnt train him, he's just too low a starting point. and i dont think you'd hit 100k by the time he's 21 with lv 5s nevermind lv 3s.

Agree with Johnny, you'll pick up similar stats on the transfer market with better CSR and if look on the market in once 90% of people are out of the cup you'll start getting real bargains. 7k CSR all is worth is firing and investing the training in someone who will be with your club for 10+ seasons as a top quality player. he will require training nearly his whole career to be decent, so think of the cost involved and you'll realise.

Advertisement