Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Era.. It's got a few OK books on it :P Pride and Prejudice, Macbeth, Sive, Catcher in the Rye and My Sisters Keeper :L Hope Mines a bit better XD

Liking the films but the texts are a bit dull - not the sort of shizz I'm into so I forsee a tough LC ahead (at least in English!) :pac:

Catcher in the Rye is one of the most overrated books ever written. Bring on the hate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Don't hate the student, hate the curriculum.. ;)

Indiego wrote: »
    I loved Never Let Me Go, Hope I get to do it, probably wont though, will probably be doing Pride and Predjudice :/

My teacher does Never Let Me Go with every LC class, so I don't reckon she'll break the habit :P

SChique00 wrote: »
    Liking the films but the texts are a bit dull - not the sort of shizz I'm into so I forsee a tough LC ahead (at least in English!) :pac:

Catcher in the Rye is one of the most overrated books ever written. Bring on the hate :P
    I <3'd it in First Year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

My teacher does Never Let Me Go with every LC class, so I don't reckon she'll break the habit :P
    I dont know what teacher Ill have, but the one I think Ill have is a big shakespeare and old shizz type person :/ :L

• Advertisement

Looking for Bruce Springsteen's address but can't find it anywhere :(

Wait there on sec... Ill check my address book :rolleyes:

Beeecauseeee? :/

I dont know what teacher Ill have, but the one I think Ill have is a big shakespeare and old shizz type person :/ :L
    My English teacher's unreal.. I pray I've her for the LC.. XD Her novel and dramas are actually top-notch! :D Catcher in the Rye, Goodnight Mister Tom, The Help, Sive and R&J... Not too bad.. :D

Wait there on sec... Ill check my address book :rolleyes:

HAWHAW - it's not on databases because he tends not to answer to fanmail anymore - but I'm working on a plan to hand deliver my letter, so watch this space ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

Peepz who are going into 5th year next year, dunno if youve seen this yet, but the prescribed texts for english have been released :)http://www.education.ie/servlet/blobservlet/cl0001_2012.pdf?language=EN

Jeez lads lets calm down with LC talk... lets get the JC over with first :P

My school always does macbeth though :L

HAWHAW - it's not on databases because he tends not to answer to fanmail anymore - but I'm working on a plan to hand deliver my letter, so watch this space ;)
    May I ask why your acting like such a stalker? :L

You have to do a Shakepeare for HL.. So, Most schools do.. :L

May I ask why your acting like such a stalker? :L

I'm not a stalker by nature, but the man is my IDOL - I have to write him a letter :o

I'm not a stalker by nature, but the man is my IDOL - I have to write him a letter :o
    What's the topic of the letter? :L

Lads... Im Starting to Seriously Freak Out..

Woops.. Double Posts :P

I already have lad :P

Lads... Im Starting to Seriously Freak Out..
    About?

What's the topic of the letter? :L

How he inspires me, how big a fan I am of his work, and how the music he's mad has gotten me through many a tough time :) just a thank-you letter, basically :D

• Advertisement

About?
    I think that I might be the ONLY 2nd Year on Boards... Do you know what that means???

Off Topic 2013 will consist of JUST ME!! :O

How he inspires me, how big a fan I am of his work, and how the music he's mad has gotten me through many a tough time :) just a thank-you letter, basically :D
    N'awwww.... Look at you.. All sentimental! :')

I think that I might be the ONLY 2nd Year on Boards... Do you know what that means???

Off Topic 2013 will consist of JUST ME!! :O
    Nah, they all come flooding in when they start panicing about the JC and come looking for tips and stuff :P

Nah, they all come flooding in when they start panicing about the JC and come looking for tips and stuff :P
    Few.. Thought I was going to be well lonely when ye all feck off to the LC OTT.. </3

Few.. Thought I was going to be well lonely when ye all feck off to the LC OTT.. </3
    5th year OT shall be a thread of great procrastination :P

Have fun without me </3 :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

I may write a letter to Mark Zuckerberg thanking him for his help with my english mocks then :P

Just had another gander at that list. I've already seen the film ''I'm not scared'' ... tis pretty good :L ... dark though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Can't wait haha

paddyzk wrote: »
    Can't wait haha
    I wonder if some of the posters from the JC OT '11 will come out of the woodwork again after TY.. :L :L

• Advertisement

I may write a letter to Mark Zuckerberg thanking him for his help with my english mocks :P

Just had another gander at that list. I've already seen the film ''I'm not scared'' ... tis pretty good :L ... dark though.
    How did Mark Zuckerberg help you with your English Mock?

Advertisement