Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some welcomed additions to wexford shops!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Has Maxol on a Trinity Street shut down? Drove past and there is wire fencing all along the front of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

vicwatson wrote: »
    Has Maxol on a Trinity Street shut down? Drove past and there is wire fencing all along the front of it.

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

It wasn't sudden either, as my dad was told about a month ago that it was closing in early July.

I suspect it'll be open again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Place being fitted out on Paul Quay.

Lego Blocks or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Place being fitted out on Paul Quay.

Lego Blocks or something like that.

http://bricks4kidz.ie/wexford/lego-courses-classes-camps/camps/

Lego themed Summer Camps.

D.

• Advertisement

Zhane wrote: »
    It wasn't sudden either, as my dad was told about a month ago that it was closing in early July.

I suspect it'll be open again soon.

Seem to be working on taking down the signs

Seem to be working on taking down the signs

Seen that alright. My guess is a rebrand with "new" owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

The Maxol station's going 24 hours with automated payment points etc. Don't know if the shop's going to reopen though.

RadioRetro wrote: »
    The Maxol station's going 24 hours with automated payment points etc. Don't know if the shop's going to reopen though.

Some competition for Rocklands so

Dealz has opened it's second store in Wexford Retail Park today (up beside Carpet Right, Aldi, KFC, Woodies, Mr Price etc etc) !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Another good reason to stay out of town. I'm happy with that

Loads of free parking last time I was there. Unlike town !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

New perol pumps in at trinity Street Maxol station, the shop is being cocooned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

A tapas bar opened up a few weeks back where Nuna Rosa used to be, couple of doors up from The Premier, seems to be doing well.

Angry bird wrote: »
    A tapas bar opened up a few weeks back where Nuna Rosa used to be, couple of doors up from The Premier, seems to be doing well.

Same owners I believe

Wexford getting a Rockin' Joes??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Wexford getting a Rockin' Joes??

Planning permission is in
    http://www.wexfordpeople.ie/news/american-diner-planned-for-wexford-31481234.html

What is the likelihood Mssrs Hayes, Burger Mac and Nosh and Coffee will object? (answer is quite high I'd imagine)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

What is the likelihood Mssrs Hayes, Burger Mac and Nosh and Coffee will object? (answer is quite high I'd imagine)

Mr Hamilton too probably.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Mr Hamilton too probably.

At least he had a legitimate reason for object to TK Maxx. Another fast food in town would be good for competition

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    At least he had a legitimate reason for object to TK Maxx. Another fast food in town would be good for competition

What was the legitimate reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

He's a knob, whether that's a legit reason is debatable ;)

Rockin Joes would be a good addition, say it will do good business.

I think you've got that argument reversed

Taking business away from the main street and that the council should focus on bringing business to the main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Taking business away from the main street and that the council should focus on bringing business to the main street.

TK Max has actually dragged business back down to that area of south main street.

It used to be noticeable the amount of people you would see walking down the main street as far as the corner of Hores and turn and head back.

Which is the daftest argument ever. It relies on the theory that people come in to town to visit one shop and go home. :rolleyes:

The more big names that come to any part of town, the more people will come in. It is then up to the rest of the shops to offer something that is of interest to the additional footfall

Which is the daftest argument ever. It relies on the theory that people come in to town to visit one shop and go home. :rolleyes:

The more big names that come to any part of town, the more people will come in. It is then up to the rest of the shops to offer something that is of interest to the additional footfall

happened with tesco people went there and no were else and allot of shops closed on the South Main Street and in Lowneys mall and allot of jobs were lost and hopefully the new development there brings in new shops as the south main street is pretty dire

I'm not saying I agree with Hamilton but I can understand his viewpoint.

happened with tesco people went there and no were else and allot of shops closed on the South Main Street and in Lowneys mall and allot of jobs were lost and hopefully the new development there brings in new shops as the south main street is pretty dire

I'm not saying I agree with Hamilton but I can understand his viewpoint.

I wouldn't consider Tescos to be in town. It is an individual destination outlet. The out of town appeal is what had an affect on Lowneys and South Main Street. In other words availability and cost of parking. Combine that with the rates that retailers have to pay, some units were doomed before Tescos even opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Anyone know why Pee King Takeaway Restaurant across from the Credit union in Wexford town has closed down?

• Advertisement

http://www.funtech.ie/ Opening soon on the main street

Advertisement