Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reg/orientation

Options
  • 23-08-2009 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,

Just wondering what is involved with Registration and Orientation days in UCC?

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Stephen Esquire

Orientation

• Learn all about UCC and how it works
    • Complete Registration Part 2
    • Get your student ID card
    • Hear about the various student services, academic and personal systems in place for students
    • Attend academic information sessions specifically on your programme of study
    • Locate you College/Faculty/School/Department offices and key personnel
    • Find you way around by taking a tour of campus, the library, Brookfield Health Sciences Complex and the Mardyke Sport Arena
    • Attend academic workshops of your choice, throughout the day
    • Meet your Peer Support Leader

Registration Part 2 coincides with your allocated Orientation day (see Orientation Dates. *This is the day you officially become a student of UCC and receive your student ID card.*
    The following is a list of documents that you must bring with you to registration.

Confirmation of On-Line Registration (which you must print*after completing*Registration Part 1)

Birth Certificate (long or short version acceptable). Note: only original / certified true copies are accepted (A Certified True Copy is a photocopy of a document that has been authenticated by a Solicitor or Garda).* Married students wishing to register in their married name must also bring their Official Marriage Certificate. (Registration Certificate, not Church Certificate).

Passport if you wish to register in the name on your Passport.

PPS Number (available from www.welfare.ie).

Evidence of Fee payment, if fees are paid by Bank Giro (Bank Giro receipt).

Letter of grant award from your Local Authority/VEC (if applicable)

EU students with a school leaving qualification other than the Irish Leaving Certificate must bring original examination certificate to the Deputy Admissions Officer,*Admissions Office, First Floor, West Wing*before On-Line Registration.

All Info taken copy and pasted from the UCC website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Sorry to hijack your thread, but have people received their registration details/packs from UCC yet or does anyone know when we should expect them?

Am hoping to start a Masters in September, so just wondering about registration

Yup, according to the website you should recieve them by the 28th, this coming Friday.I want mine dag nabbit, I need my student bank a/c! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

just wondering will the grant cover me for the registration fee? or would i have to pay it in full and then get it refunded once i get the grant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

All I remember from Orientation was an information OVERLOAD. Highlight was a 40 minute lecture on plagiarism. Followed by, " Oh, and Collusion, thats also not allowed. But Law students are generally to mean to collude, so lets move on."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I have a mature student work shop/orientation thing on the 3+4th sept...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

YFG will be at some orientation days and at Freshers Fest. We will have free stuff. Come and see us:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Fuascailt wrote: »
    YFG will be at some orientation days and at Freshers Fest. We will have free stuff. Come and see us:D

Young Fine Gael???Im joining them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

shezer wrote: »
    Young Fine Gael???Im joining them

Thats 2 of us!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

Three years on, my brother still has a YFG bottle opener on his keyring. It's some handy yoke. He literally never leaves home without it (not just because it's attached to his keys).

Also, on my orientation day, will everything be done in the one day, or will I need to come back another time for, say, Registration Part 2 or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Basically you just listen to a load of old fogeys giving you them same auld spiel that anyone could give, if you are any way intelligent you will realise that there is no need to be listening so you will quickly turn your attention to picking out who you want to roide in the class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭i'm a smiler

Did any first years get their info pack from ucc yet??
    I know it says friday 28 th on website but I'm just wondering if anybody got it already.

Also, will we get a booklist? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

I know it says friday 28 th on website but I'm just wondering if anybody got it already.

havent gotten mine yet either!!its annoying

Same, it'll definitely be coming this week.My guess is tomorrow because today is the final date you can accept/reject your first round offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Patience is a virtue!

You won't get a booklist as such, once you begin Lectures you'll be given a Course outline for each of your modules, on this you will find the text books recommended by the Lecturer for that module, not entirely neccessary to buy all of the books though, they are mostly all available in the Libraries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I'm waiting as well :pac:. Kind of annoying really. I was hoping it would come within a few days of accepting my course on the CAO which was the 12th.

Might have a look at the YFG thing also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Larkin501 wrote: »
    I'm waiting as well :pac:. Kind of annoying really. I was hoping it would come within a few days of accepting my course on the CAO which was the 12th.

Might have a look at the YFG thing also.

Waiting for mine still,Tomorrow maybe :)

YFG??

same here!!:mad:

i persume YFG is youth fine gael?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Oh pah!
    Thought it was something interesting :)

I'll be waiting by the post box tomorrow :pac:

Do we get free biros?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Oh pah!
    Thought it was something interesting :)

I'll be waiting by the post box tomorrow :pac:

Do we get free biros?

apparently it'll be by the end of the week...damn

free biros? no! we've already decided to go to ucc, they dont have to do the trick with free biros as opposed to the open day etc:D

• Advertisement

Anybody going to buy a UCC hoodie? (Or any clothing for that matter)

You know, just to make it feel even more official? :o

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

YOUNG Fine Gael:p

Larkin501 wrote: »
    Anybody going to buy a UCC hoodie? (Or any clothing for that matter)

You know, just to make it feel even more official? :o

Haha I hope we get class hoodies for pharmacy which say '' We do it over the counter '':D

JSK 252 wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Because 'Youth' makes it sound plain childish!

JSK 252 wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

is it actually young fine gael???suppose youth sounds a bit extremeist nazi youth etc ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭k8hm

still haven't got my pack, most of my friends got theirs at the start of the week though....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 therealdeal

me too! but i then went on to the UCC website and it now says 'students should receive their packs by tuesday sept 1st' grrrrr!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Most of the information freshers need is on the UCC website, here mainly.

This includes the days which each individual course register and have their orientation, probably what most of you are looking for - here's the link for ye - Orientation Dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 plinkyplanky

here, quick registration/orientation question - for the alloted day, are we actually required to be there at 9am, or what?
    That sounds extra stupid now that i've written it down actually.. just it's not clear if we can wander in from then, or if punctuality is required!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

here, quick registration/orientation question - for the alloted day, are we actually required to be there at 9am, or what?
    That sounds extra stupid now that i've written it down actually.. just it's not clear if we can wander in from then, or if punctuality is required!

It starts at 9 with a talk as far as I remember.They put you into groups too depending on when you arrive although if you're there too early,you'll miss that.

I was there at 8 last year and they hadn't set up yet so don't be there that early.

Advertisement