Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'd say Rafael is a lock in that Utd team at the moment, puts in some good crosses as well like for the second goal yesterday, good value IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

228140.png

Not sure what route to go down this week. Really need to upgrade the Pog but also wouldn't mind swapping out Cazorla.

Any thoughts on what my move should be?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Would appreciate some advice on this team.

Screenshot2012-11-12at104638.png

Took a gamble on Rooney instead of RvP a few weeks ago and ever since RvP is cleaning up. It was mainly down to his price. Now I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet and get him back before he goes up tonight.

Ive only taken a -4 hit so far this season but the way the prices are fluctuating this season I think I have to take a -8 this week to do the following (one FT available):

RvP and Suarez in for Rooney and Aguero. It means I'll have to downgrade Cazorla to A.N other.

Any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Not liking the fact that Sterling is on my bench with a home game against Wigan but can't really see anyone worth dropping. Cazorla is on his last chance here, hopefully the Arsenal/Spurs game is another 4-4 thriller and he's in the mix.

I'm still pretty confident going into this week, although I said that last week and saw a few red arrows... REALLY need Fellaini to pick up another booking and have a quiet week!

2n80cix.jpg

roryc wrote: »
    Not liking the fact that Sterling is on my bench with a home game against Wigan but can't really see anyone worth dropping. Cazorla is on his last chance here, hopefully the Arsenal/Spurs game is another 4-4 thriller and he's in the mix.

I'm still pretty confident going into this week, although I said that last week and saw a few red arrows... REALLY need Fellaini to pick up another booking and have a quiet week!

Very similar to my team although I am very envious of your attack. That was my attack at the start of the season until I decided to try and be clever.

I've stuck with Cazorla far too long and that's the only change I'd be looking at making on your team. I think Spurs will keep Arsenal relatively quiet. Arsenal scored three and missed a penalty at the weekend and Cazorla still not making it into the score/assist category. Two of the goals on Saturday had him assist the assister. Painful!

John83 wrote: »
    Very similar to my team although I am very envious of your attack. That was my attack at the start of the season until I decided to try and be clever.

I've stuck with Cazorla far too long and that's the only change I'd be looking at making on your team. I think Spurs will keep Arsenal relatively quiet. Arsenal scored three and missed a penalty at the weekend and Cazorla still not making it into the score/assist category. Two of the goals on Saturday had him assist the assister. Painful!

Yeah he hasn't really returned what I'd expected but I'm happy to give him another chance against Spurs, can definitely see him scoring.

There's a chance he'll drop in value before the end of the week though. Debating a gamble to bring Silva in after this weekends games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Jussi bega

Ridgewell,Shawcross,Hughes,demel,Clarke

Santi,bale,mata,michu,sterling

Jelavic, RVP, lambert

Currently have 1 mil and 2 ft’s, any suggestions ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yeah he hasn't really returned what I'd expected but I'm happy to give him another chance against Spurs, can definitely see him scoring.

There's a chance he'll drop in value before the end of the week though. Debating a gamble to bring Silva in after this weekends games.

It depends on the Arsenal defence that shows up tbh. They have been very solid for the most part. They defended like trojans vs United but were lax vs City.

It's looking like Cazorla to Mata this weekend, with possibly Aguero to Berbatov too. That would free up money for Silva next week. I would rather him playing each week than wondering who starts for City each week.

Eldoco wrote: »
    Jussi bega

Ridgewell,Shawcross,Hughes,demel,Clarke

Santi,bale,mata,michu,sterling

Jelavic, RVP, lambert

Currently have 1 mil and 2 ft’s, any suggestions ?

Santi to Silva? City covered and bank the senond transfer.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    228140.png

Not sure what route to go down this week. Really need to upgrade the Pog but also wouldn't mind swapping out Cazorla.

Any thoughts on what my move should be?

Looking at this some more I really need to switch Pog, but would it be a better move to downgrade Cazorla and bring in someone like Tevez/Suarez up front next week or stick with Cazorla for now and just do something like Pog -> Ba?

Oscar at only 7.8 could be an option, took a few weeks to settle into the EPL but looks to have nailed down his starting place now and is looking pretty impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Santi to Silva? City covered and bank the senond transfer.

i think ill give santi 2 more weeks, watched him the other day and i do feel he has points in him..want to see how he plays once wilshere returns and has more freedom, he better not turn out to be a modric

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

My current team:

Begovic | Jaaskelainen

Rafael | Cuellar | Williamson | Clyne | Ben Davies (swansea)

Hazard | Michu | Fellaini | Walters | Kacaliknic

Van Persie | Tevez | Ba

4 points hit this week (Cazorla/Cole OUT - Fellaini/Rafael IN)
    Plans for the future: replacing walters with valencia/walcott ?? and upgrading williamson once colocinni is back (not much to do so... arround 4.5...)

All comments/suggestions are more than appreciated!

Regards,
    bezuaua

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

keane2097 wrote: »
    Looking at this some more I really need to switch Pog, but would it be a better move to downgrade Cazorla and bring in someone like Tevez/Suarez up front next week or stick with Cazorla for now and just do something like Pog -> Ba?

Oscar at only 7.8 could be an option, took a few weeks to settle into the EPL but looks to have nailed down his starting place now and is looking pretty impressive.

Pog to Ba or Jelly. Then make up your mind about Caz next week. Go to Walcott or Silva. I'd want Mata myself but guessing you ll be just short. Or if you went to Nolan you'd have the option of Tev/Suarez the following week.

John83 wrote: »
    Would appreciate some advice on this team.

Screenshot2012-11-12at104638.png

Took a gamble on Rooney instead of RvP a few weeks ago and ever since RvP is cleaning up. It was mainly down to his price. Now I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet and get him back before he goes up tonight.

Ive only taken a -4 hit so far this season but the way the prices are fluctuating this season I think I have to take a -8 this week to do the following (one FT available):

RvP and Suarez in for Rooney and Aguero. It means I'll have to downgrade Cazorla to A.N other.

Any advice?

Any takers on this one?

I see RvP has pulled out of Netherlands game. I presume this is just the usual stuff with International friendlies and he's actually okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

get rid of rooney!!!, he aint the main man anyway and sometimes he's plays too deep and looks like a midfielder, id get van persie in for him, but if thats too much trouble then id get suarez or giroud in for rooney, if you got giroud in you could raise 3.3, that money could be added to pienaars selling price and you could afford bale or silva then, think about it who would get more points over the season girould & bale or rooney & pienaar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Is a front 3 of Berba, Jelavic and RVP reliable enough for the next few weeks?

I've a transfer left and 1.5 million in the bank if I need a change

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

I dont see why not. Depends who your midfielders are really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

This is my current squad, 0.1 in the bank. I'm thinking of taking a four point hit to get Suarez in for Tevez. The hit would be:

Ramirez/Lallana in for Pienaar
    Suarez in for Tevez

I know that Tevez has Villa this GW but I need to move now on Suarez to be able to afford him. Southampton has OK fixtures for the next while. If Ba continues to struggle, I can make a straight swap to Berbatov in future.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

2mzjs6p.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Maybe upgrade Jelavic to Suarez. Everton have tough fixtures coming up after the next two GWs.

get rid of rooney!!!, he aint the main man anyway and sometimes he's plays too deep and looks like a midfielder, id get van persie in for him, but if thats too much trouble then id get suarez or giroud in for rooney, if you got giroud in you could raise 3.3, that money could be added to pienaars selling price and you could afford bale or silva then, think about it who would get more points over the season girould & bale or rooney & pienaar?

I have one FT and zero in the bank. I might go with Suarez for Rooney this week and leave Aguero in for the Villa game. Then take a four point hit to take in RvP for the following week. Hopefully I won't lose out too much on the prices. Does that make more sense than taking an 8 point hit this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Thinking of taking my first hit, after 5-6 average GWs in a row. There are 5-6 places I'd love to change right now, but don't see the need to panic and WC.

Looking at maybe doing Tevez -> Suarez and Hazard -> Silva.
    Thoughts?

34rzs6q.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Steel Dog wrote: »
    I dont see why not. Depends who your midfielders are really.

Mata, Cazorla, Fellaini and Sterling not too bad

People are going crazy this year with points hits. Some people have made 17 or 18 transfers already and they wonder why they aren't doing well!

People are going crazy this year with points hits. Some people have made 17 or 18 transfers already and they wonder why they aren't doing well!

True. I've slipped from 5k globally to 65k having not taken any, so I think I may have to in order to get the ball rolling again.

Eldoco wrote: »
    i think ill give santi 2 more weeks, watched him the other day and i do feel he has points in him..want to see how he plays once wilshere returns and has more freedom, he better not turn out to be a modric

Definately keep him if you feel that way. However, people are watching him all season and have seen that, despite him being an incredible, these displays are not being transformed into ff points.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Definately keep him if you feel that way. However, people are watching him all season and have seen that, despite him being an incredible, these displays are not being transformed into ff points.

I think this is down to Arsenal being in a slump rather than Cazorla. He's still Arsenals top points scorer by a considerable amount and a lot of play channels through him. The fact that he has been 'assisting the assister' doesn't necessarily mean this will continue for the entire season (along the same path as Modric). Arsenal will get better, and Cazorla will start scoring again, but whether he justifies holding on to him at £9.2m is another question.

Fellaini, Bale and Silva are all worthy replacements. I'm planning on avoiding Fellaini if possible as I think he can't keep up this good run. He's scored less than 20 goals for Everton in 100+ appearances so I'm hoping thisrecent run of good form is just a blip. I can see him getting a booking soon and picking up a suspension, he's a bit hot-headed.

He's scored less than 20 goals for Everton in 100+ appearances so I'm hoping this recent run of good form is just a blip. I can see him getting a booking soon and picking up a suspension, he's a bit hot-headed.

He was playing as an out and out centre mid then, he's now playing in the hole at least - or really as a second striker as Everton keep going behind.

If he gets suspended it will only be one match, so very benchable. In saying that the fixtures get tough in 3 weeks time so if you haven't got him i wouldnt be in a mad rush.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    He was playing as an out and out centre mid then, he's now playing in the hole at least - or really as a second striker as Everton keep going behind.

This is the reason he is getting all these goals this season. He is a centre halfs worst nightmare. The way he is so good and powerful in the air and the way he controls the ball with his chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

If he gets suspended it will only be one match, so very benchable. In saying that the fixtures get tough in 3 weeks time so if you haven't got him i wouldnt be in a mad rush.

Well said. Anyone who has actually been watching Everton will see that Fellaini is often their furthest player forward. A lot of the time the ball is played in and he's in the opposition box when Jelavic isn't!

His stats from previous seasons mean nothing because Moyes has changed the player's position and role totally.

He just seems to be a big wrecking ball for Everton. Put him in the opposition box and if he doesn't score he'll cause enough mayhem that someone does.

You'll notice that my post above is more hopeful than anything else :)

I'm really hoping his form doesn't continue but I've been watching him every game this season and he does look very good. Does seem to be playing as a second striker too and has been very clinical.

I've shocking luck when it comes to Everton players though, I generally avoid them as they are so hit and miss. I bit the bullet and brought in Baines for GW8, just in time for his slump! I'm convinced if I bring Fellaini in for Cazorla their fortunes will reverse.

• Advertisement

The thing with Fellaini is that there is nothing a defence can do to nullify him barring triple team him, even at that he is so strong that he will get assists by winning scrappy ball in the box which will allow others shooting oppurtunities, plus his touch a la the second goal last weekend can be sublime, of course he wont rack up points every week but by seasons end I think him and Mata will be top midfielders.

I'm convinced if I bring Fellaini in for Cazorla their fortunes will reverse.

Maybe but Caz isn't worth the extra expense imho, I brought Fellani in and used the near 2m extra cash to improve the team elsewhere. I just can't see Caz getting 40 - 50 points more to justify the cost.

I had him for the Man U game, and even though he scored, it was his only shot and he seemed very deep to me. He is frustrating as I love watching him but Wenger doesn't seem to be utilising him well enough. He is playing more like Xavi when he should be playing more a Mata type hole role.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

My current team:

Begovic | Jaaskelainen

Rafael | Cuellar | Williamson | Clyne | Ben Davies (swansea)

Hazard | Michu | Fellaini | Walters | Kacaliknic

Van Persie | Tevez | Ba

4 points hit this week (Cazorla/Cole OUT - Fellaini/Rafael IN)
    Plans for the future: (Hazard -» Mata / Tevez -» Berbatov / Walters -» Silva / Williamson -» Caulker)

All comments/suggestions are more than appreciated!

Regards,
    bezuaua

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I have 3 West Ham players currently in my starting line up for the weekend, Jussi, McCartney and Nolan but i also have Begovic. Should i stick with the West Ham Trio or should i stick Begovic between the sticks just to be careful?

I have 3 West Ham players currently in my starting line up for the weekend, Jussi, McCartney and Nolan but i also have Begovic. Should i stick with the West Ham Trio or should i stick Begovic between the sticks just to be careful?

For the sake of big points I'd probably take the gamble on a Hammers clean sheet with Nolan to bang a couple in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

At the moment....

.............................Begovic......................................

Ivanovic...................Rafael........................Shawcross.............

Mata............Bale.....Sterling.......Nolan.........Michu..........

..........................Ba...............Van Persie.............

Subs: Cech, Hunt, Baird, Nelsen.

I was thinking of taking out Ivanovic, putting in Caulker, then taking out Hunt and putting in Berbatov, meaning I would bench Sterling and start Berba.

Also, I do have plans to take out Cech the gameweek after this as I constantly seem to be starting Beg, and it would free up some cash for future gameweeks.

Thoughts?

chops018 wrote: »
    At the moment....

.............................Begovic......................................

Ivanovic...................Rafael........................Shawcross.............

Mata............Bale.....Sterling.......Nolan.........Michu..........

..........................Ba...............Van Persie.............

Subs: Cech, Hunt, Baird, Nelsen.

I was thinking of taking out Ivanovic, putting in Caulker, then taking out Hunt and putting in Berbatov, meaning I would bench Sterling and start Berba.

Also, I do have plans to take out Cech the gameweek after this as I constantly seem to be starting Beg, and it would free up some cash for future gameweeks.

Thoughts?
    Yes to all of the above. Ivanovic and Cech are not keeping clean sheets for their price to be justified. Upgrading Hunt to Berbatov does not need an explanation really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Yes to all of the above. Ivanovic and Cech are not keeping clean sheets for their price to be justified. Upgrading Hunt to Berbatov does not need an explanation really.

Thank you. I'll do the Ivanovic and Hunt transfers now, and I'll leave Cech till the week after to avoid taking the point hit this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Ok guys, wildcard in play, have a bit of catching up to do.... this is new team;

Goal - Jussi (stoke H)

Def - Baines (reading A), Reid (stoke H), Shawcross (WH A)

Mid - Mata (WB A), Ben Arfa (Swansea H), Fellaini (reading A), Sterling (Wigan H)

For - Ba (Swansea H), Suarez (C) (Wigan H), Berba (Sun H)

Subs -
    Begovic (WH A), YaYa Toure (Villa H), Caulker (Arse A), Garrido (Man U H)

Have 0.6 in bank.........

what changes if any should i be looking at ??

Thanks

• Advertisement

ghosttown wrote: »
    Ok guys, wildcard in play, have a bit of catching up to do.... this is new team;

Goal - Jussi (stoke H)

Def - Baines (reading A), Reid (stoke H), Shawcross (WH A)

Mid - Mata (WB A), Ben Arfa (Swansea H), Fellaini (reading A), Sterling (Wigan H)

For - Ba (Swansea H), Suarez (C) (Wigan H), Berba (Sun H)

Subs -
    Begovic (WH A), YaYa Toure (Villa H), Caulker (Arse A), Garrido (Man U H)

Have 0.6 in bank.........

what changes if any should i be looking at ??

Thanks

Ben Arfa -> Nolan
    Yaya -> Silva

Leaves you with 0.2m in the bank and a better squad imo.

Take out Barfa anyway, he's no form and you'll end up wasting a transfer next week/soon.

A WC and no RVP or any man u cover for that matter. Brave!! No man city either. Double west ham and double stoke too at the back

Cheers Fizman, done.... 3 West Ham, but will run with it for now.

Kenny, reckon going forward it will 2 x stoke and 2 west ham, just cos they are playing each other this week makes in difficult, if only Caulker had an easier game !
    As for Man U, there is no-one except RVP above 40 points, so can't see any worth having (yet).... and think I can do ok without RVP at that price for now... most of my leagues have him so admit its a gamble for sure.

thanks for the inputs lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Kenny, reckon going forward it will 2 x stoke and 2 west ham, just cos they are playing each other this week makes in difficult, if only Caulker had an easier game !
    As for Man U, there is no-one except RVP above 40 points, so can't see any worth having (yet).... and think I can do ok without RVP at that price for now... most of my leagues have him so admit its a gamble for sure.

Er, tripling up on any team is not advisable. Guess you'll have to rotate a bit now. West Ham might have some good form but they certainly don't have good fixtures.

You really need to be looking at more than the very next gameweek when picking your wildcard team. Not picking Caulker because he has a bad game this weekend while picking multiple average teams' defenders is terrible.

I have Caulker in the squad, just not on pitch for this week. He'll play most weeks I guess.

I will look at taking one of the West Ham boys out before Sat - but which now that I've brough in Nolan ? I guess Jussi stays, so that means Reid out for ????

Thanks again for all the input, will have a better team when finished with all this advice.

• Advertisement

Ah right, that makes a lot more sense. There are lots of other cheap, regular starting defenders you could plump for that will give you a bit more variety, would be worth looking at imo.

I have Caulker in the squad, just not on pitch for this week. He'll play most weeks I guess.

I will look at taking one of the West Ham boys out before Sat - but which now that I've brough in Nolan ? I guess Jussi stays, so that means Reid out for ????

Thanks again for all the input, will have a better team when finished with all this advice.

Ya, the reason I suggested Nolan is because over the course of the entire season, he will prove to have a fantastic points per price score. I can see why you don't like the idea of 3 WH players, so getting Reid out for someone else makes sense. If I were you I'd get a WBA defender in.

I assume that most of us play with three at the back almost every week, when using your wild card I think it is sensible to pick at least two guys for under 4.5 million, preferably ones who play every week, every team will have a couple of clean sheets so you never know, when you need/choose to use them you might get lucky, best to spread the defenders a little bit better if they are from lower ranked teams as you will not want to use them at all when they are visiting better teams.

I assume that most of us play with three at the back almost every week, when using your wild card I think it is sensible to pick at least two guys for under 4.5 million, preferably ones who play every week, every team will have a couple of clean sheets so you never know, when you need/choose to use them you might get lucky, best to spread the defenders a little bit better if they are from lower ranked teams as you will not want to use them at all when they are visiting better teams.

My DF model is usually along the lines of a 9.5m budget between my 2 keepers.

Back 5 would be something like 7.0, 5.5, 5.0, 4.5, 4.0.

For pretty much the entire season that has comprised of Baines (I had Ivan at the start when he was on fire :)), McAuley, Hangeland, Demel, Gorkss.

Can't complain with either of the two cheap lads, apart from Demels injury.

Fizman wrote: »
    My DF model is usually along the lines of a 9.5m budget between my 2 keepers.

Back 5 would be something like 7.0, 5.5, 5.0, 4.5, 4.0.

For pretty much the entire season that has comprised of Baines (I had Ivan at the start when he was on fire :)), McAuley, Hangeland, Demel, Gorkss.

Can't complain with either of the two cheap lads, apart from Demels injury.

I'd go along with that, Vorm's injury kinda forced me to use my wildcard as I had Given since day 1, I ended up going with Begovic and Tremmel(Vorms replacement) as I needed every penny for further up the pitch. I got McCartney for 3.9 and Caulker for 4.7, I had Cahill but when Terry returned I replaced him with Rafael, also picked up Baird for 4.4 and got a goal from him, he's still available at 4.6 and looks settled in midfield for Fulham, suspended for this week. My last spot went to Mertesacker in the hope that arsenal will tighten up and he keeps his place, he has scored a bit with his former clubs and is a big man at set pieces, good value at 5.1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement