Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Team

Bego (Foster)

Baines Hughes Demel (O shea, Rafael)

Barfa Nolan Bale Cazorla (Guthrie)

RVP (C) Jelly Fletcher

0.0m in the bank. No transfers.

Any thoughts on improving this team from next week on.

Nolan to Morrison or Walters?
    Ya Nolan has very tough fixtures coming up after this weekend.

O'Shea to Cuellar would save you .5 and still have the same cover

Guthrie will probably need replacing too at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Greetings!

My current squad is:

Begovic
    Jääskeläinen

Demel
    Clyne
    Cuellar
    Ben Davies (swansea)
    A.Cole

Kacaliknic
    Michu
    Hazard
    YaYa
    Cazorla

Tevez
    Van Persie
    Berbatov

Plans for the following 4 GW:

YaYa – Walters (nice run of fixtures)
    A.Cole – Rafael
    Kacaliknic – Sterling
    Ben Davies – Wisdom

Any thoughts on this strategy?
    Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Ya Nolan has very tough fixtures coming up after this weekend.

O'Shea to Cuellar would save you .5 and still have the same cover

Guthrie will probably need replacing too at some stage.

Thanks, yeah i went for o shea when cuellar was out injured, will do that one eventually but have a few other areas to tidy up.

I'd like to get mata in for chelsea cover but don't have funds. I'll prob have to give up santi or Bale, which im not sure about.

I'd also like Berba at some stage, esp if Sunderland dont improve.

Guthrie will prob be left as bench fodder until i can get a transfer i dont need.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Any suggestions, 1 free transfer. 0.8m free.

Debating about Hazard to Mata to free up some money as otherwise difficult to get in players with better fixtures.

team9.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

shayno90 wrote: »
    Any suggestions, 1 free transfer. 0.8m free.

Debating about Hazard to Mata to free up some money as otherwise difficult to get in players with better fixtures.

team9.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Nice team you have there. You have a player from all the top clubs except Man City and to be honest at the moment you mite be better off as trying to predict wat Mancini will do is impossible.

I would look at changing Jenkinson and Fonte.

Jenkinson because his place on the team is now under threat from Sagna who is returning from injury, he played 90 mins for the reserves last week so he is not too far off a return.
    Also the clean sheets Arsenal were getting earlier in the season are over.
    I would leave him in for this week as Arsenal have bottom of the table QPR at home and he probably will play.

Fonte because Southampton have not had one clean sheet yet this season. They did have very hard fixtures at the start of the season but they still have Spurs, West Brom, Swansea and Newcastle coming up and all these teams are well able to score goals.

Plenty good 4.5 defenders to replace these with.

Hazard to Mata would free up funds allrite.

Maloney to Sterling would be a better option too.

I would do either Fonte to a 4.5 defender or Maloney to Sterling this week if i was you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I really am likeing the look of my team at the moment, still not sure if vertonghen is worth it,i have 0.6m inthe bank so considering dgrading jassk to ruddy so I can swab routeledge for morrison, figueroa towilson is also on the cards, any adice or opinions

rsz_tttttttttttttttttttttttttt.jpg

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Nice team you have there. You have a player from all the top clubs except Man City and to be honest at the moment you mite be better off as trying to predict wat Mancini will do is impossible.

I would look at changing Jenkinson and Fonte.

Jenkinson because his place on the team is now under threat from Sagna who is returning from injury, he played 90 mins for the reserves last week so he is not too far off a return.
    Also the clean sheets Arsenal were getting earlier in the season are over.
    I would leave him in for this week as Arsenal have bottom of the table QPR at home and he probably will play.

Fonte because Southampton have not had one clean sheet yet this season. They did have very hard fixtures at the start of the season but they still have Spurs, West Brom, Swansea and Newcastle coming up and all these teams are well able to score goals.

Plenty good 4.5 defenders to replace these with.

Hazard to Mata would free up funds allrite.

Maloney to Sterling would be a better option too.

I would do either Fonte to a 4.5 defender or Maloney to Sterling this week if i was you.

Ya, got Fonte in last week to free up some funds plus the fixtures are not as tough over the next few weeks.

Need to upgrade Maloney and Fletcher before Jenkinson (after QPR) so need the extra funds.

Looking at Newcastle and Stoke players as possible transfer options.

Has there been a Mata v Hazard thread yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

@shadowcomplex theres a post on FFS about Mata Vs Hazard that worth a read!: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2012/10/25/versus-juan-mata-eden-hazard/

captureefbzxlx.jpg

Not usually one to post my team up here but after the last gameweek ive taken a big move in the wrong direction! Im fairly happy with my team bar maybe one or 2 small changes to players like Clyne and Kacaniklic but im not scoring as well as i think should be! (I should note that i just brought Mata in this week for Hazaed).

I know theres a few on here who take the game a bit more seriously and are probably racking up the points each week and if so can you maybe tell me where im going wrong as each week i seem to be missing something so far this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

After a pretty slow start and losing out on price rises, this is what I'm left with. I thought I was happy with it but with injuries and suspensions this weekend I'm looking quite short. Clark is a doubt, Barnett not playing and Demel & Pienaar are ruled out.

I've already played my wildcard and FT. Would anyone suggest I take a four point hit or should I just suck it up for the weekend?

Screenshot2012-10-26at095258.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

can you maybe tell me where im going wrong as each week i seem to be missing something so far this season!

you're not going that far wrong.

this game is hugely about getting on player bandwagons before they hit that big score. over the last few weeks i've been scoring 50/60, which is just above average. but near the start, when Hazard had his big weeks for instance, and Tevez, and Ivanovic, and Ba...i already had them. that's what gives that little extra boost to scores.

50/60 is a good score the last few weeks. it probably means your team is quite solid, so don't panic because you're not getting the big 80s and 90s every week. it just doesn't happen that often.

i like your team, just keep a look out for players with a run of good fixtures, especially big players you know can score big...like Bale, VP, Rooney, Hazard, Mata....and try have them in before they hit that big week. that's the trick to the big scores.

away from that, if you're hitting above average every week, you're going to be fine. one week with 100 points, and the next week with 30, is the same as two straight weeks of 65. concentrate on having a consistent team that will likely score solid points every week. you seem to have that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Views and Opinions? And, Rate my team.
    capturelgg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

cazorla is a waste and ba came off injured today. i'd change cazorla - pienaar and ba - suarez if it looks like he won't be fit. newcastle are playing terrible at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

My team is in dire need of a bit of rejigging.

In an ideal world I'd like to get rid of Nolan, Lambert, Cazorla, Wilson, Jenkinson, Clark and maybe even Ba depending on his injury.

I'll settle for sorting two of them out this week though. Wilson and Jenkinson are my two most pressing issues.

Anyone recommend options? I'm thinking of Cameron for Wilson. Not sure who for Jenkinson though. I'd like to keep it to a cheap option though, just so I can invest that cash elsewhere in the future.

50b8bb97b46e3026d06a52d1debe4f2c.png?1351508999

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looking at this team for GW10 given that Ba is inured...

10a00d20a04901b63dd51cadb8f3b3bc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

@shadowcomplex theres a post on FFS about Mata Vs Hazard that worth a read!: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2012/10/25/versus-juan-mata-eden-hazard/

captureefbzxlx.jpg

Not usually one to post my team up here but after the last gameweek ive taken a big move in the wrong direction! Im fairly happy with my team bar maybe one or 2 small changes to players like Clyne and Kacaniklic but im not scoring as well as i think should be! (I should note that i just brought Mata in this week for Hazaed).

I know theres a few on here who takes the game a bit more seriously and are probably racking up the points each week and if so can you maybe tell me where im going wrong as each week i seem to be missing something so far this season!

To be fair, if you've had either Ba or RVP captain the last few weeks, RVP in particular then you should of racked up a lot of points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

My team is in dire need of a bit of rejigging.

In an ideal world I'd like to get rid of Nolan, Lambert, Cazorla, Wilson, Jenkinson, Clark and maybe even Ba depending on his injury.

I'll settle for sorting two of them out this week though. Wilson and Jenkinson are my two most pressing issues.

Anyone recommend options? I'm thinking of Cameron for Wilson. Not sure who for Jenkinson though. I'd like to keep it to a cheap option though, just so I can invest that cash elsewhere in the future.

50b8bb97b46e3026d06a52d1debe4f2c.png?1351508999

Maybe Olsson of West Brom or Mertesacker of Arsenal, both reasonably cheap and their sides are capable of keeping plenty clean sheets. Newcastle have some nice fixtures coming up so Williamson may be worth a punt also.

gstack166 wrote: »
    To be fair, if you've had either Ba or RVP captain the last few weeks, RVP in particular then you should of racked up a lot of points.

Yeah i have learned my lesson there! Had been trying to be clever captaining Baines, Cazorla and Hazard over the last couple of weeks thinking id get a big pay off with a differential but it never happened! Reckon i will stick with the tried and tested from now on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Hi guys, haven't posted anything about my team here until now, all has been going well until the last 2 weeks. What to do? Time to use the wild card maybe? Very poor return the last 2 weeks only reaching about half my usual amount of points. Advice?

audman wrote: »
    Hi guys, haven't posted anything about my team here until now, all has been going well until the last 2 weeks. What to do? Time to use the wild card maybe? Very poor return the last 2 weeks only reaching about half my usual amount of points. Advice?

That's a messed up team! I suggest getting rid of Torres, Toure, Lescott, Williams, Dyer and Cech! Scout around other threads and FPL websites. I'm sure you'll get a basic idea of who you should transfer in right now.

Hi guys!

Need some analysis on my team!
    Just transferred in williamson and walters for demel and yaya.

My current team is:

Begovic (jaask)

Cuellar Williamson Cole Clyne Ben Davies

Michu Hazard Walters Cazorla Kacaliknic

Tevez Berbatov Van Persie

Next week I plan on replacing Berbatov for BA.

Any comments/suggestions on my team?
    Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

Hi guys!

My current team is:

Begovic (jaask)

Thanks in advance!

bezuaua wrote: »
    Hi guys!

My current team is:

Begovic (jaask)

Thanks in advance!

Defence is not great, not many potential clean sheets there as apart from Cole not great points scorers. Best to wait on the Ba transfer till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Its nice to have some feedback now and then so heres my team:

Foster Henderson

Baines Rafael Cameron Demel, Clyne

Michu Cazorla Bale Mata Noble

Rvp Crouch Lukaku

In the bank 1.8m

Was thinking to switch Lukaku or Crouch back to ba after this week. All depends if crouch brings points and Shane long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

With Jones and Smalling rapidly approaching full fitness I think Rafael is one to get rid of for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Thinking we could do with a "Rate my injury list" thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

...........FOSTER..........

SHAWCROSS...McCAULEY..HANGELAAND

CARZOLA.....LALLANA....MICHU...PIENAAR

BA............DEFOE(vc).............RVP(c)

JUUSI,CLARK,NELSEN,MATA

Transfers done early this week & I got bitten by Mata's injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

2636712054dcff32020fabdac1513f7a.png?1351886951

i'm still gunna chance playing mata but i'm not sure what to do with sterling, ben arfa and wisdom? should i ....
    1. play sterling and wisdom, bench ben arfa and clyne
    2. play sterling and clyne, put wisdom 1st sub
    3. play sterling and clyne, put ben arfa 1st sub
    4. bench both sterling and wisdom and play ben arfa, put sterling 1st sub
    if you see other options let my know......
    havent decided on captain yet either but tevez might be the 1

swoody wrote: »
    2636712054dcff32020fabdac1513f7a.png?1351886951

i'm still gunna chance playing mata but i'm not sure what to do with sterling, ben arfa and wisdom? should i ....
    1. play sterling and wisdom, bench ben arfa and clyne
    2. play sterling and clyne, put wisdom 1st sub
    3. play sterling and clyne, put ben arfa 1st sub
    4. bench both sterling and wisdom and play ben arfa, put sterling 1st sub
    if you see other options let my know......
    havent decided on captain yet either but tevez might be the 1

That team is gas. You've 2 Liverpool players & 2 Stoke players yet only 1 Man City player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

gstack166 wrote: »
    That team is gas. You've 2 Liverpool players & 2 Stoke players yet only 1 Man City player?
    Its not about who a player is with, its about points and spreading your money around wisely.

You could have Nasri or Silva for instance but you would be better off with Sterling and you'd have 4 or 5 million to spend on other players.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Its not about who a player is with, its about points and spreading your money around wisely.

You could have Nasri or Silva for instance but you would be better off with Sterling and you'd have 4 or 5 million to spend on other players.

Yep, dead right, much better off with Sterling banking you're money & keeping him on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

OK worst week ever!!! So time to ask for some advice, am I just unlucky or is my team muck :eek:

Foster 0 (still to play)
    Baines 1
    Ivanovic 2
    Shawcross 1
    Bale 2
    Pienaar 2
    Hazard 2
    Michu 2
    Fletcher 1
    Tevez 2
    Ba 1

Subs:
    Ruddy 7
    McCartney 5
    Clark 5
    Guthrie 0

Any advice would be welcome. Have already played my wildcard to get Bale, Baines and Ivanovic in.
    Thanks

Thanos wrote: »
    OK worst week ever!!! So time to ask for some advice, am I just unlucky or is my team muck :eek:

Foster 0 (still to play)
    Baines 1
    Ivanovic 2
    Shawcross 1
    Bale 2
    Pienaar 2
    Hazard 2
    Michu 2
    Fletcher 1
    Tevez 2
    Ba 1

Subs:
    Ruddy 7
    McCartney 5
    Clark 5
    Guthrie 0

Any advice would be welcome. Have already played my wildcard to get Bale, Baines and Ivanovic in.
    Thanks

I would think Baines and Ivanovic is too much to have invested in defense! Pick one and and use the money saved elsewhere! Once Mata is back from injury you could also swap Hazard for him and save nearly a million and could look at upgrading Fletcher then with the money you have saved! besides that i like your team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Agree - Ivan to €4m and Fletch to Suarez (or else look to get RVP in somehow such as Haz - Sterling and Ba to RVP)

If you dont have RVP you should have 3 very strong strikers (Suarez, Tevez, Ba for example)

Foster 0 (still to play)
    Baines 1
    Ivanovic 2
    Shawcross 1
    Bale 2
    Pienaar 2
    Hazard 2
    Michu 2
    Fletcher 1
    Tevez 2
    Ba 1

Subs:
    Ruddy 7
    McCartney 5
    Clark 5
    Guthrie 0

Thanks

LOL, You have too many points sitting on your bench!
    Get rid of Ivanovic and if I were you, I'd try getting Fletcher out in the coming gameweeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Foster 0 (still to play)
    Baines 1
    Ivanovic 2
    Shawcross 1
    Bale 2
    Pienaar 2
    Hazard 2
    Michu 2
    Fletcher 1
    Tevez 2
    Ba 1

Subs:
    Ruddy 7
    McCartney 5
    Clark 5
    Guthrie 0

Thanks

Ouch! Thats the worst score I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

roryc wrote: »
    Ouch! Thats the worst score I've ever seen.

I reckon Foster is long overdue a goal tonight ;)

thunderdog wrote: »

I reckon Foster is long overdue a goal tonight ;)

Hahaha, would love to see that happen! Reminds me of Tim Howard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My squad for the weekend:

Begovic - Jaaskelainen
    Gorkks - Clarke - Rafael - Hughes - Cuellar
    Fellaini - Michu - Mata - Cazorla - Sterling
    RVP - Suarez - Tevez

And team:

Begovic
    Gorkks - Rafael - Cuellar
    Fellaini - Michu - Mata - Cazorla(vc)
    RVP(c) - Suarez - Tevez

Subs: Jaas, Sterling, Hughes, Clarke.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

Jaaskelainen
    Gorkss Rafael Cameron
    Michu Santi Cazorla(v) Pienaar Hazard
    Ba Van Persie(c) Giroud

subs
    guzan
    guthrie
    ben davies
    demel

Jaaskelainen
    Gorkss Rafael Cameron
    Michu Santi Cazorla(v) Pienaar Hazard
    Ba Van Persie(c) Giroud

subs
    guzan
    guthrie
    ben davies
    demel

I'd strengthen your bench players, you'll need a good overall squad, especially come December. Also Giroud, he's rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

have not changed my team in weeks and really need to

Jaas-Bego

Bains McAuly Rafael Riise Clyne

Pieenar Sterling Michu Nolan Hazard

RVP Tevez Fletcher

.2 in the bank

RB100 wrote: »

Jaas-Bego

RVP Tevez Fletcher

.2 in the bank

You could do what i did and take out Fletch for Lambert, then strengthen elsewhere with the spare £

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Yea think fletchers time is up. But why does Lambert not play every game if he is captain?

Also is Mata a better shout than Hazard?

Yea think fletchers time is up. But why does Lambert not play every game if he is captain?

Also is Mata a better shout than Hazard?

Mata has brought in the most points out of any fpl player in his recent games. Hazard hasn't done bad though all the same. Lallana is Southampton's captain, not Lambert. Lambert has started 8/10 games, he didn't start 2 of the away games (though scored in 1 as a sub). 3/4 next games are at home, so i wouldn't worry TOO much about that

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

Jaas-Bego

RVP Tevez Fletcher

.2 in the bank

id trying to get demba ba in if i were you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

1bb6ee5882c5be8db9a09706aba9a786.png?1352497801

I might want to get rid of Mata or Hazard for Fellani next week or get rid of Fletcher who is losing his spark in form, but I don't know who to replace him with. Maybe Tevez if I free up funds by getting rid of Mata/Hazard?

Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    1bb6ee5882c5be8db9a09706aba9a786.png?1352497801

I might want to get rid of Mata or Hazard for Fellani next week or get rid of Fletcher who is losing his spark in form, but I don't know who to replace him with. Maybe Tevez if I free up funds by getting rid of Mata/Hazard?

Opinions?

You've a weak enough defense to be honest. Wisdom and Rafael will be under threat for places with the return of Johnson, Enrique, Smalling and Jones. I'd work on that first if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

need to get rid of kacaniklic lads, have 5.2 so i'm 1 of sterling. who to get in? noble, maloney/mccarthy, leitherwood or sidwell. he will be a bench warmer for the most part anyway with an attacking line up of mata, cazorla, michu, pienaar, ba, rvp and tevez

think maloney might be my best bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Fizman wrote: »
    You've a weak enough defense to be honest. Wisdom and Rafael will be under threat for places with the return of Johnson, Enrique, Smalling and Jones. I'd work on that first if I were you.
    What defenders would you suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    What defenders would you suggest?

Any WBA defender will strengthen you. I'd also get some like Cuellar in as even though Sunderland have been poor, they have a lot of CS material over the next 5-6 GWs. Even doubling up on Stoke by introducing Cameron would be a decent move.

Rafael - > WBA frees up about 1m. Wisdom to Cameron/Cuellar is around the same value.

• Advertisement
Advertisement