Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Premier League PreSeason Prep

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rooney is actually extremely generously priced at 10.5.

RVP is taking a full 3 week break starting this week so he may only be getting back into the swing of things by the time the season starts and well he's Rooney. The problem is I don't think anyone knows what Van Gaal's going to be doing or how he'll set up. Only De Gea and RVP when fit are dead certs and Shaw if Evra leaves.

Rafael could become a viable option again this year too hopefully if he finds form and fitness under LVG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Chiriches a first choice for Spurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Mine so far. Will chop and change.

GK - De Gea 5.5
    DF - Terry 6.5
    DF - Shaw 6.0
    DF - Upson 4.0
    MD - Sanchez 10.5
    MD - Fabregas 9.0
    MD - Silva 9.0
    MD - Erikson 8.0
    MD - Ince 5.5
    FD - Rooney 10.5
    FD - Dzeko 8.5

Subs:
    Myhill 4.0
    Mariappa 4.5
    Duff 4.0
    Zamora 4.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Would anyone be knowledgeable on the best £4.0m (defenders) and £4.5m options (midfielders)? Obviously you're not going to get much from them and they should be bench players, but those that are certain to start and may chip in with a few points every now and again?

Also, how the **** is Odemwingie down as a midfielder? :pac: Huge error on someone at FPL's part it would appear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Paully D wrote: »
    Would anyone be knowledgeable on the best £4.0m (defenders) and £4.5m options (midfielders)? Obviously you're not going to get much from them and they should be bench players, but those that are certain to start and may chip in with a few points every now and again?

Also, how the **** is Odemwingie down as a midfielder? :pac: Huge error on someone at FPL's part it would appear.

For the budget players, you could pick "minutes played" from the drop down menu to see who played most last year.
    Obviously doesn't include budget players form promoted teams but gives you a place holder until you can do more research.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Defenders
    upson just signed for leicester wasilewski and moore both made approx 30 league appearences each last year. There is talk of wisdom going on loan to wba. Steven taylor and dummet could end up starting at newcastle. Duff Burnley was first choice last year they have yet to sign a CB but he is getting on and if they sign someone I think he will be on the bench.
    Midfielders
    Tiote, cork, albrighton has signed for leicester, marney and jones id say will play every week for burnley marney the more likely to get attacking points.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Would be staying clear of gomis, depends if bony leaves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I think it is way Too early to put much Thought into it ,Transfer s , loans and injuries between now and the start of season Will completely change any line up ,i Will visit again in a couple of week s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lemlin wrote: »
    This is some midfield for 41 million:

Fabregas - 9 mil
    Silva - 9 mil
    Sanchez - 10.5 mil
    Odemwingie - 6.5
    Sigurdsson -6.0

Michu available at 7.5 as well.

A few people mentioning Michu?? Will he not be out on loan?

• Advertisement

How much will Filipe Luis be?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Odemwingie moved to wing under Hughes and is expected to remain there, good call by FPL changing him to mid.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

8-10 wrote: »
    A few people mentioning Michu?? Will he not be out on loan?

I wasn't aware there was talk of him going on loan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Annie Oakes

manual_man wrote: »
    Ramsey 9.0 STEAL

really? can see him playing much deeper this season with sanchez's arrival

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

really? can see him playing much deeper this season with sanchez's arrival

reckon sanchez will be a striker to be honest. his pricing at 10.5 kinda shows that too. realistically if Cesc comes in at 9 with Silva, Mata, Ramsey etc you would have expected Sanchez to be around 9/9.5 too. He's even more expensive than Hazard which is unusual. especially as he's the same price as Rooney!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I wasn't aware there was talk of him going on loan.

Napoli, I believe.

Enner valencia may be a good option for a cheap striker. Doesn't seem to be up on the site as of last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Napoli, I believe.

Enner valencia may be a good option for a cheap striker. Doesn't seem to be up on the site as of last night.

Where is Costa as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

If Targett starts at LB for Southampton, that could be a canny 4.0m choice

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9370337/premier-league-matt-targett-to-get-chance-at-southampton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Where is Costa as well?

Yeah there's a good few yet to be added. I set up my team, as you do, but I'm certainly not taking my setup v seriously until a lot closer to kick off time, what with players to be added amongst other factors

P.S. I called my team Ramsey Brigadier. Sanchez may have arrived, but Rambo is still the king

I'm mildly considering renaming my team Dirty Sanchez, but somebody somewhere will ask me about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'm mildly considering renaming my team Dirty Sanchez, but somebody somewhere will ask me about it...

I've gone for 'Fr. Clint Power' :D

• Advertisement

Rosco79 wrote: »
    Odemwingie moved to wing under Hughes and is expected to remain there, good call by FPL changing him to mid.....

My mistake, apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Michu gone to Napoli so plan without him

I think Siem de Jong could prove to be a great price at £7m.

I didn't watch a whole lot of him at Ajax, but by all accounts he's very highly rated by those who did. He should play as a #10 at Newcastle (FF Scout thought he'd actually be listed as a forward) which will give him lots of attacking opportunity and it is very likely he will be on set pieces.

Aside from their opener which as at home to Manchester City, Newcastle have quite a nice start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

How much do we expect Costa to be? 10.5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »

Yeah I think 10.5 is about right.

I'd have thought Costa would be 11-12. He's almost guaranteed to start for Chelsea and in theory score a shed load of goals in the process.

I'd have thought Costa would be 11-12. He's almost guaranteed to start for Chelsea and in theory score a shed load of goals in the process.

Chelsea have not been a happy hunting ground for strikers for some time now. You'd think they'd take that into consideration but with Sanchez at 10.5 anything is possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Pelle for Southampton has 2 goals already on his debut

Pelle for Southampton has 2 goals already on his debut

Against some 5 a side team from ING Bank though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Costa will be 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

I'd question how prolific Costa will be in his first season in England. Many players have went to the EPL and taken a season or so to get used to the league. Also he's only ever had one really high scoring season, mostly he scores 10-14 goals a year and that is the amount I expect him to get next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

will rio be a cheap possibility when he signs for qpr

will rio be a cheap possibility when he signs for qpr

I think he will come in at 5m so not really a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

jebforever wrote: »
    I think he will come in at 5m so not really a bargain.

your probably righ might chance him if he was 4.5

He'll.....

.....Cost-a-lot anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Either way, we will be all changing our teams after GW 3 which is always the case

Either way, we will be all changing our teams after GW 3 which is always the case

yeah good start doesn't make a big impact, need a solid team.

Diego Costa is 10.5m as I expected. Good early fixtures but I'm a bit wary of picking him as he could take a while to get going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I think Siem de Jong could prove to be a great price at £7m.

I didn't watch a whole lot of him at Ajax, but by all accounts he's very highly rated by those who did. He should play as a #10 at Newcastle (FF Scout thought he'd actually be listed as a forward) which will give him lots of attacking opportunity and it is very likely he will be on set pieces.

Aside from their opener which as at home to Manchester City, Newcastle have quite a nice start.

I've watched nearly every game of his for Ajax. As a 7.0m midfielder, he's 100% in my team for opening day. Sshh!

• Advertisement

Remy Cabella has come in at 7.5 too so Newcastle have some quality in midfield again. Riviere is in at 7 as forward too.

Newcastle have some great value options if they can play properly and don't resemble anything like they were from January onwards last season.

how much is janmaat coming in at?

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    how much is janmaat coming in at?

Looks like 5 which is 0.5 more than the rest of their defenders which seems odd although I guess he's "nailed on" to start

Looks like 5 which is 0.5 more than the rest of their defenders which seems odd although I guess he's "nailed on" to start

He's quite attacking, be tempted at 5 but not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

First whack at this and the midfield is killing me. A lot tougher this year. So much uncertainty about teams as well.

For example, Dribbles seem to be worth more so I'm thinking Rafael @ United for 5.5m, but then if Johnny Evans partners (insert CB here. Hummels?) he could be superb money at 5.5m. Always a threat at set pieces with that big Norn Iron head on him.

The only thing I'm sure off is De Gea at 5.5m :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

#FPL new players added: FWD Costa (CHE) £10.5m, FWD Riviere (NEW) £7.0m, FWD Jutkiewicz (BUR) £5.0m, MID Markovic (LIV) £7.5m, MID Cabella (NEW) £7.5m, DEF Janmaat (NEW) £5.0m.

https://twitter.com/premierleague

• Advertisement

What's the consensus on Costa at £10.5m then lads?

While the "one good season" label has been thrown at him, I'm not entirely sure if that's all that true. According to Wikipedia, he scored 10 goals in 16 appearances for Vallecano three seasons ago, 20 in 44 for Atletico two seasons ago and last year racked up 36 in 52.

I made mistakes in going with Soldado and Negredo at the beginning of last season and thus I'm a bit reluctant on Costa, but they do have a reasonable enough start and he's virtually guaranteed to be first choice.

While the "one good season" label has been thrown at him, I'm not entirely sure if that's all that true. According to Wikipedia, he scored 10 goals in 16 appearances for Vallecano three seasons ago, 20 in 44 for Atletico two seasons ago and last year racked up 36 in 52.

I made mistakes in going with Soldado and Negredo at the beginning of last season and thus I'm a bit reluctant on Costa, but they do have a reasonable enough start and he's virtually guaranteed to be first choice.

The striker at a team with no other decent strikers definitely makes that price look decent to me. He's still someone I would be willing to sacrifice if I needed to accommodate others though.

Soldado at the beginning was actually ok for FPL!!! It did seen obvious he was gonna drop though.

Soldado at the beginning was actually ok for FPL!!! It did seen obvious he was gonna drop though.

Aye, the problem was it was down to him scoring penalties and personally being a big fan of Soldado I persisted with him for far too long.

I still maintain that he's a cracking player and Tottenham (or namely Villas-Boas) didn't use him correctly. Once Sherwood was appointed his confidence was completely shot to pieces. His wife had a miscarriage too and he was trying to adapt to a new culture etc, not easy. I'd love to see him get back on track this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I had him in an earlier draft but took him out because I figured Rooney at 10.5 also seems like a safer bet. I think that's a great price for Rooney who I'd expect to perform under LVG

• Advertisement
Advertisement