Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

New show "Fargo" based on the movie is starting on Channel 4 at 9 tonight! Looks decent!

Good man, nearly forgot to set to record. The f for +1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

New show "Fargo" based on the movie is starting on Channel 4 at 9 tonight! Looks decent!

Cheers for that fella, this post reminded me to record this last night also, was it any good?
    I've got true detective to watch first once we've finished with Borgen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Cheers for that fella, this post reminded me to record this last night also, was it any good?
    I've got true detective to watch first once we've finished with Borgen

It was ok yeah, bit slow maybe but then again it was the first episode so was just introducing the characters i guess. I'm sure it will get better, I'll stay tuned in anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So after 4 years at home and 2 of those looking for a job Mrs dahat got herself a full time job....best feeling ever I tell ya..

Struggled financially like many families and very nearly lost our house. Yes we were a bit reckless in the Tiger days but god we suffered and hopefully after today we can actually afford to bring the kids to simple things like bowling or the cinema without a whole load of sacrifices on our part.

Bloody delighted......

dahat wrote: »
    So after 4 years at home and 2 of those looking for a job Mrs dahat got herself a full time job....best feeling ever I tell ya..

Struggled financially like many families and very nearly lost our house. Yes we were a bit reckless in the Tiger days but god we suffered and hopefully after today we can actually afford to bring the kids to simple things like bowling or the cinema without a whole load of sacrifices on our part.

Bloody delighted......

Great news, congrats to you and the missus.
    I just hope the words of Morrissey and the Smiths don't become relevant
    "I was looking for a job and then I found a job, and heaven knows I'm miserable now":p

• Advertisement

Great news, congrats to you and the missus.
    I just hope the words of Morrissey and the Smiths don't become relevant
    "I was looking for a job and then I found a job, and heaven knows I'm miserable now":p

Bloody hope not!!! Though when she was getting 30e a week dole the extra money may help with the workforce misery we all suffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Bloody delighted......

Fair play lad. Everyone was reckless in the boom so I wouldn't worry about it. One of the lads in work was showing me his 3k watch during the week!

It's great to see that the country is starting to bounce back again.

3k watch?? My god,people will never learn.

3k watch?? My god,people will never learn.

Yep, bought during the boom. Even he said it was madness.

I don't like watches myself. Mobiles made them redundant IMO.

Mobiles made a lot of stuff redundant, dumped my desktop as my mobile does most of the stuff I need to do online...
    Looking at another China brand mobile to get at Xmas maybe.

• Advertisement

Mobiles made a lot of stuff redundant, dumped my desktop as my mobile does most of the stuff I need to do online...
    Looking at another China brand mobile to get at Xmas maybe.

Yep, we barely touch the laptop here as we both have iPhones.

Anyone heading to Croker for the league finals this weekend? I'm up there this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »

Anyone heading to Croker for the league finals this weekend? I'm up there this evening.

Best of luck in the final, and no attempting to confront the ref on the pitch afterwards if ye do lose please....

KevIRL wrote: »
    Best of luck in the final, and no attempting to confront the ref on the pitch afterwards if ye do lose please....

Controversial comment. The losing had nothing to do with it. We're well used to that from over the years.

It was the greatest robbery since Ronnie Biggs and the lads that annoyed us!

Controversial comment. The losing had nothing to do with it. We're well used to that from over the years.

It was the greatest robbery since Ronnie Biggs and the lads that annoyed us!

Ah now, my comment was tongue in cheek. But bad decisions or not the actions of players and fans that came on a pitch to confront a ref like that are inexcusable, surely you aren't condoning them?

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ah now, my comment was tongue in cheek. But bad decisions or not the actions of players and fans that came on a pitch to confront a ref like that are inexcusable, surely you aren't condoning them?

Nope, not in the slightest condoning it. Those lads are between 18 and 21 so I wouldn't be too hard on them though.

They've put in alot of effort and emotions run high. For some of them, that will be their last day wearing a county jersey and its tough to end like that.

The fans that ran on are idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Will be in the opposite camp to you tonight, think ye will win though, Cavan have all U21's while we have none and a couple of others injuried. Next weekend is more important to Ros as both teams are already promoted but still nice to get a run out in Croker!

Weetabix wrote: »
    Will be in the opposite camp to you tonight, think ye will win though, Cavan have all U21's while we have none and a couple of others injuried. Next weekend is more important to Ros as both teams are already promoted but still nice to get a run out in Croker!

We're not playing any of our U21s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

We're not playing any of our U21s.

Maybe ye should have!!

Only joking, decent game, Cavan didn't have the forwards, only Mckay stood out, we were very poor in first half but much improved in second half, thought Daly and Keenan were excellent and once Donie got on top at midfield we always had more scoring power. Alot of wides by Cavan in last 15 mins but Roscommon had 9 wides in first half so probably evened itself out. Roll on next weekend, rare too see Roscommon win one trophy, never mind 2 in a week!!

Weetabix wrote: »
    Maybe ye should have!!

Only joking, decent game, Cavan didn't have the forwards, only Mckay stood out, we were very poor in first half but much improved in second half, thought Daly and Keenan were excellent and once Donie got on top at midfield we always had more scoring power. Alot of wides by Cavan in last 15 mins but Roscommon had 9 wides in first half so probably evened itself out. Roll on next weekend, rare too see Roscommon win one trophy, never mind 2 in a week!!

Fair play to yas. The game was there for the taking with ten minutes to go and we kicked four wides in a row. Ye went down the other end and popped over yours.

Too many of our lads didn't perform on the day. Best of luck next weekend by the way. Would love to see yas do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

T -72hours and counting to my MRI scan.....

• Advertisement

Close, but got away with it

MCvNxqI.gif

the brain scan came back clear.... phew

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

the brain scan came back clear.... phew

How many of your friends have used the "they didn't find one?" joke?

Posada wrote: »
    How many of your friends have used the "they didn't find one?" joke?

All of them :D

anybody subscribed to boards? worth a fiver to try it out?

anybody subscribed to boards? worth a fiver to try it out?

I used to, back when I felt boards was a genuine community and worth a donation, its all business now though so dont bother anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone know what the nightlife is like in Manchester or Newcastle?

Looking for a holiday destination for a few lads this summer, flights are dirt cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

that was a nice apple slice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Looking for a holiday destination for a few lads this summer, flights are dirt cheap
    Been in Manchester tonnes of times for matches and nightlife is decent but it's a bit scattered, you're constantly getting taxis if you want to head to a different pub.
    Newcastle much better, you have one main area.
    If it's just a booze weekend you're after Newcastle is by far the best uk city I've been in for it.
    Liverpool has great nightlife too.

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Been in Manchester tonnes of times for matches and nightlife is decent but it's a bit scattered, you're constantly getting taxis if you want to head to a different pub.
    Newcastle much better, you have one main area.
    If it's just a booze weekend you're after Newcastle is by far the best uk city I've been in for it.
    Liverpool has great nightlife too.

Newcastle it is then!

I've been to Edinburgh, Birmingham, Cardiff, Nottingham, Bristol, Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle on different stags.

Bristol was the best city I thought, followed closely by Leeds. Manchester I found expensive compared to the likes of Nottingham, Bristol and Leeds.

an irish rider killed at the tandragee races up north today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Of the cities in the uk Ive been to on lads weekends
    1 newcastle and liverpool couldnt seperate them.
    2 Edinburgh
    3 Bristol
    4 London
    5 manchester
    6 Leeds

Of the cities in the uk Ive been to on lads weekends
    1 newcastle and liverpool couldnt seperate them.
    2 Edinburgh
    3 Bristol
    4 London
    5 manchester
    6 Leeds

You put Leeds last!? I've been three times, loved it. That said, one of my mates travels there 3 or 4 times a year so knows the place inside out.

Did you ever go out to Headingley when you were in Leeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

You put Leeds last!? I've been three times, loved it. That said, one of my mates travels there 3 or 4 times a year so knows the place inside out.

Did you ever go out to Headingley when you were in Leeds?

Was only there once friends brother was living over there just thought it was a bit tame compared to the other places. Maybe he just brought us to the wrong places. Never went out to headingley. Bristol which I seen you mentioned was great crack.

• Advertisement

Was only there once friends brother was living over there just thought it was a bit tame compared to the other places. Maybe he just brought us to the wrong places. Never went out to headingley. Bristol which I seen you mentioned was great crack.

Headingley is the student area. The college, rugby league pitch and cricket ground are all out there.

We went out on a Sunday afternoon round 1 and there were hour to two hour long cues into the three or four pubs in the area.

We explained to the Yakubu look-a-like massive bouncer that we were only over for a few days and he slipped us in an entrance at the back once we gave him a fiver each!

I had my own stag in Bristol. It's very handy. Everything is so close. Again though, I had a friend living over there who wasn't there that weekend but gave us a list of places to go. As you say, knowing the right places to go is important.

The last time I was in Manchester was for the last day of the season two years ago. My friend specially planned his stag for that weekend. Unbelievable craic that day with the City fans but a nightmare Sunday night because nobody wanted to let lads into even pubs unless they had a girl with them.

Any XBMC experts in here? Trying to figure it out on Android, Gotham version.
    Really confusing or am I just a tech dummy?

Finished my degree yesterday, 4 years of absolute bollox finally at an end! :) feeling good!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Finished my degree yesterday, 4 years of absolute bollox finally at an end! :) feeling good!

Congrats. I finish my masters in September so just 20/25,000 words and a metric sh!t ton of research to do in between :(

• Advertisement

Congrats. I finish my masters in September so just 20/25,000 words and a metric sh!t ton of research to do in between :(

Cheers dude and good luck with that! I had to do a 10,000 word technical document on top of building a software program so i know the struggle. "it will all be worth it when it's over" or so i have been hearing for years now ha!

I finish my forklift course in two hours.... Hard work i tells ya :D

The Raid- Redemption is on Film 4 now if anyone fancies a good solid fight film.

The Raid- Redemption is on Film 4 now if anyone fancies a good solid fight film.

The sequel is intense too! serious fighting!

has anyone else downloaded the new boards android app?? I'm using it and it is pants!!! doesn't seem to update properly and the screen jumps at times as I scroll through the posts! using the net is far easier. lots of work still needed!

Was at Croke Park this evening. Some conditions. At least the two Ulster teams won but I'll be in trouble with the missus for saying that!

Was at Croke Park this evening. Some conditions. At least the two Ulster teams won but I'll be in trouble with the missus for saying that!

I'll be there for the next two Sundays, for a Corkman living in Limerick these are great times to be a hurling supporter. It looked nasty there last night alright. Like many I have a soft spot for Mayo but hopefully Cork can pull off a shock today

I'll be there for the next two Sundays, for a Corkman living in Limerick these are great times to be a hurling supporter. It looked nasty there last night alright. Like many I have a soft spot for Mayo but hopefully Cork can pull off a shock today

I'm going in two weeks. Got a couple of tickets through work. Have never been to a hurling game in my life so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

has anyone else downloaded the new boards android app?? I'm using it and it is pants!!! doesn't seem to update properly and the screen jumps at times as I scroll through the posts! using the net is far easier. lots of work still needed!

Ya. It's atrocious. Unusable imo and I can't for the life of me think why something with so many bugs would be released. I'm finding it hard to think of a worse app that I've come across in the last 4 years of using a smartphone.

G1032 wrote: »
    Ya. It's atrocious. Unusable imo and I can't for the life of me think why something with so many bugs would be released. I'm finding it hard to think of a worse app that I've come across in the last 4 years of using a smartphone.

It's a poor release, it's a shame because the Adverts app while it has its flaws works quite well. I'd imagine they will keep rolling out updates but they should have ironed out a few more bugs before initial release in reality.

They need to add a way to navigate back to your followed threads without having to actually go back and refresh the screen to see updates. Also the need to scroll down to the bottom of the first page of a thread to get to the last page is pants, i like the way on the net if you click on the thread it brings you to where you left off!

• Advertisement
Advertisement