Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Cinnamon makes me gag.

Anyone ever look up the cinnamon challenge on youtube? High-larious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Both bets now gone. Boo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Chinese, oh the noms :D

Going to the pub for a few hours tonight, my friend is off to Toronto for a month so she's having a going away thing, seems a bit much to me but it should be fun anyway as long as there aren't too many people there.

Then home and to bed, tomorrow is the beginning of the last week of college and there is SO much to do before it's over! Weird to think next time I have lectures in Trinity after this week is more than a year away, I still can't get my head around it. And I'll be a FOURTH YEAR :eek: I'll kind of have to know what I want to do by then, if not earlier, and it's really scary to think I'll be in that position in such a short space of time. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Looking at Ally McBeal boxsets after yesterday. Talk about being a sucker for advertising, ha!

[/LIST]

Ha! I bought an Ally McBeal boxset a couple of years ago while very drunk after chatting to my friend about how much we used to love it. Entirely forgot and arrived home 2 days later to find it sitting on my bed. Much confusion ensued...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

So the physio has recommended me not to put pressure on my toe.

My granny says to my Mam, "Tell Mars Bar to walk on her toe properly. She'll be better off for it." Old Ireland advice right there.

Chinese, oh the noms :D

We're getting some too.. :D Well I didn't really want it until later but Mammy is being awkward and insisting on ordering it now even though nobody wants to eat it now and she's not even having any. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i really need to learn to stop taking my anger out on everyone else! :/

also i got the insufficient finds form my bank account today
    shít :( think im stuck here until my grant comes through!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Went to the shop and had forgotten my money, only wanted cream but bought a few other thing (inc a bottle of wine) and used my card, which then wouldn't work! Had to use a different account (somethings still being paid into it so can't close it) and that worked. I've just checked my account and apparently my rent is now being paid by standing order and don't actually have no money I owe the bank money:(

but I do have wine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Happy Sunday everyone.
    My first Sunday off in ages, delighted. Went out driving for the afternoon with the bf, all went grand apart from one minute where I jumped from 5th gear to 2nd instead of 4th, loooots of smoke out of the car haha :D
    Have a stuffed chicken joint and roast potoates in the oven now and having a beer, lovely stuff :)

It's looking like himself won't be sending me any more texts tonight. He's watching Wrestlemania with his friends. Didn't realise they were meeting so early though. Oh well. *sigh* Chinese for me, yay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Im sick of studying. Please let me emerge from these exams intact both physically and mentally.

right with you there sillymoo

and work again in the morning!
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Mars Bar wrote: »
    My granny says to my Mam, "Tell Mars Bar to walk on her toe properly. She'll be better off for it." Old Ireland advice right there.

Tons of advice of that grade about sadly. Like how it's better to get chicken pox (no, it's really not, get the vaccine instead) or that it's better to get conditions when you're younger etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Think I'm gonna go get Gel Nails tomorrow. I had them before when I was younger, my mam treated me to them as she thought it would be a good way for me to stop biting them. Once the nails came off I bit away :D But really want them again :)

But I have this thing where I feel guilty about spending money on myself :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    It's looking like himself won't be sending me any more texts tonight. He's watching Wrestlemania with his friends. Didn't realise they were meeting so early though. Oh well. *sigh* Chinese for me, yay.

It's good to have time without texting and enjoy nights with friends, give you something to chat about when ye do chat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

bluewolf wrote: »
    right with you there sillymoo

and work again in the morning!
    :rolleyes:

We will all get through them im sure.

But evenings like this when im stuck in the library, listening to crap music from the pub nearby, I feel like a good moan. And a hug. And some valium. :p

Edit: and earplugs.

Tons of advice of that grade about sadly. Like how it's better to get chicken pox (no, it's really not, get the vaccine instead) or that it's better to get conditions when you're younger etc.

I can only put it down to one thing, ignorance.

Acoshla wrote: »
    It's good to have time without texting and enjoy nights with friends, give you something to chat about when ye do chat :)

Yeah true. Jeez I must be so irritating. Sorry guys. :(

Edit: Still think I'm coming down with something. I have a headache at the moment and I feel like it'll get worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just had yesterday's left over pulled pork for dinner, YUM. Possibly had a few bites of chocolate biscuit cake earlier too... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Went for another 10k walk, taking up kick boxing on Tuesday's, bought my first pair of size 12 jeans in 6 years but scales say I weigh 2 pound heavier :(

Bored brainless today, not looking forward to tomorrow. Sky has nothing but s&&t on. Getting sick of golf.

Went for another 10k walk, taking up kick boxing on Tuesday's, bought my first pair of size 12 jeans in 6 years but scales say I weigh 2 pound heavier :(

Bored brainless today, not looking forward to tomorrow. Sky has nothing but s&&t on. Getting sick of golf.

measure waist size instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Mars Bar wrote: »
    So the physio has recommended me not to put pressure on my toe.

My husband has problems with his toe, had to have insoles made and have his toe and foot joint manipulated oce a week for 6 weeks. His toe was paralysed. But with the manipulation it's moving a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

pizza place near me has a small pizza for 7.50 or a large for 9.99

*burp*

ugh, least I can reheat some later when Wrestlemania is on

My husband has problems with his toe, had to have insoles made and have his toe and foot joint manipulated oce a week for 6 weeks. His toe was paralysed. But with the manipulation it's moving a bit.

Sounds sore!

I've had the custom insoles for 3 months now. I have turf toe due to my pelvis being misaligned for a bit until the physio fixed it. Just have to wait for the toe to heal.

I'm lonely. My brother went off for a walk and my parents are in bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

:confused: But it is better to get some conditions young, especially chicken pox. Obviously a vaccine is preferable though. My boyfriends granny had heaps of nonsense medical advice-sitting on a cold step will give you piles, short skirts give you kidney infections, and my favourite-warm bread sticks to your guts. Which was meant to do something awful to your innards that was never explained, just hinted at.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Muscle weighs heavier than fat, so don't worry about putting on 2 pounds. Waist to hip ratio is probably a better indicator at this stage http://www.bmi-calculator.net/waist-to-hip-ratio-calculator/

Today went better than I thought it would - tomorrow is going to be hard, but we'll get through it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

In a really foul mood now, just want to go to sleep but I can't :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Just saw an ad for Now 81.

Jesus.

I remember the days of Now 40!
    Oh god.. I think I have Now 38 upstairs somewhere.. :o

I have Now 24.

Gems therin include: Snow - Informer, The Bluebells - Young at Heart and Capella - U Got 2 Know.

I'm just back from a fab weekend in Dublin with my mates. We went to Derren Brown on Friday, it was excellent. One of the girls was brought up on stage. :)

Spent the day in Kehoe's meeting all of our other pals, then went back to the house for Lasagna and chat. :)

Hamley's this morning and Ikea on the way home, all done in record time. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'm just back from a fab weekend in Dublin with my mates. We went to Derren Brown on Friday, it was excellent. One of the girls was brought up on stage. :)
    I adore him. I get his updates on facebook and he was posting today about his hotel in Dublin blaring horrible muzak. He was very distressed he couldn't read in peace so he decided to go outside and read on the street. :pac:

• Advertisement

To open a bottle or not, and if I do the Rhone valley one or pinot noir:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

just over an hour to go, woooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I really wish I had something alcoholic! Having a pretty fed up night. Three hours till my TV show is on! Why does it have to be on so damn late?

I gots myself some chocolate and energy drink :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

So tomorrow I'm going on my health kick for Lanzarote body. This chocolate eclair is going to be the last bit of creamy, chocolatey yumminess I have in quite some time. /drools

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I have Now 24.

Gems therin include: Snow - Informer, The Bluebells - Young at Heart and Capella - U Got 2 Know.
    You beat me by two Now albums! :D

All of my flatmates are away until after Easter. It is heaven having the place to myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Orla K wrote: »
    To open a bottle or not, and if I do the Rhone valley one or pinot noir:confused:

Open itttttt :) And I'd suggest the Rhone Valley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Fishie wrote: »
    You beat me by two Now albums! :D
    Haha, same here, there's still a copy of Now 26 somewhere back home :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

My bf is really hyper. He's prancing around in his boxers & a sheet, asking to be callef senorita erotica :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I got pinterest last week. Really loving it now. I've spent the best part of the last hour looking up crafty ideas to do with the little lady over the next few months and years. It really is a great website!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

A friend of mine put up old photos from our debs up on facebook...Do not want!

In other news,I have an interview tomorrow.Eep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Haha, same here, there's still a copy of Now 26 somewhere back home :pac:

I've Now 28, first album I ever stole off my sister :p

Eeep looking at photos from when I was 18- I can't believe I actually thought I was fat then!!! Sigh. I vow to be that size again by the time I turn 25 this year. Not turning a quarter of a century with this tire around my belly :o

Open itttttt :) And I'd suggest the Rhone Valley

Already opened! Although I realised both were Rhone Valley, I've gone obsessed with rhone valley wines since I started tasting flavours with one Rhone valley one I called chicken wine, something like cotes du ferme. I have a kinda cheap Rhone Valley.

Oh god, just watching a film someone just said 'you must of had a wet ride' it's a jane austen film!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Oh Christ, I am incredibly sick of people commenting on the fact that I don't drink. How the hell is the concept so baffling!? Is it offensive to people? Does it ruin their night? My friend's aunt bought me a vodka and Red Bull despite me telling her that I don't drink, I have to be up at 5 tomorrow morning and have a long day of college and studying and a moot tomorrow night so I need to be fresh anyway. I politely declined and then she held my nose and went to pour some of it in my mouth...not appropriate at all! Seriously, what the hell? Why couldn't she understand that I didn't want it!? :rolleyes: I ended up getting really pissed off and left quite early, especially because even more people felt the need to comment/call me dry. The fact I was singing karaoke when sober seemed to pass them by completely. Ugh, this is why I prefer going out in Dublin, everybody leaves me the hell alone and if anyone comments it's usually in jest.

</rant>

bubblefett wrote: »
    I've Now 28, first album I ever stole off my sister :p

Eeep looking at photos from when I was 18- I can't believe I actually thought I was fat then!!! Sigh. I vow to be that size again by the time I turn 25 this year. Not turning a quarter of a century with this tire around my belly :o

When your 30 are you going to look back at photos now and think you were fat or think Yeah! I look **** hot now:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Orla K wrote: »
    When your 30 are you going to look back at photos now and think you were fat or think Yeah! I look **** hot now:pac:
    Haha it's always the way :rolleyes: If only I could communicate future Bubblefett's thoughts to my head now. Still, not going to loose any sleep on it- believe it or not at age 24 and as a size 12-14 I'm still a smaller size than I was at only age 13!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Almostnever, it probably has a bit to do with this terror that some people have of someone doing anything outside the norm. It's like it does not compute or something. I've cut my drinking way down. (I was never mad but I tend to forget parts of the night after the smallest amount of alcohol and that scares me). Sometimes when I'm not keeping up with a group it's like they worry I'll be there sitting in judgement if they get drunk. It's silly.

Oh, and so inappropriate that someone tried to force you to drink! That's not on at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Had a lovely few days visiting the boy. We went to Father Ted's house! Very exciting! :D Dread the day I have to live with him though, barely slept with his bloody snoring! :p

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    My bf is really hyper. He's prancing around in his boxers & a sheet, asking to be callef senorita erotica :D

That has to be one of the funniest things I have ever read here on Boards! :D

In other news, Dara O' Briain is a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Utterly **** day today, burnt four fingers and one thumb, cut another finger, ****ed up my pizza base (rolled it out too thinly), painted my nails twice and each time it went wrong and I've been in a foul mood all day.

Think I'll go to bed before anything else goes wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Oh Christ, I am incredibly sick of people commenting on the fact that I don't drink. How the hell is the concept so baffling!? Is it offensive to people? Does it ruin their night? My friend's aunt bought me a vodka and Red Bull despite me telling her that I don't drink, I have to be up at 5 tomorrow morning and have a long day of college and studying and a moot tomorrow night so I need to be fresh anyway. I politely declined and then she held my nose and went to pour some of it in my mouth...not appropriate at all! Seriously, what the hell? Why couldn't she understand that I didn't want it!? :rolleyes: I ended up getting really pissed off and left quite early, especially because even more people felt the need to comment/call me dry. The fact I was singing karaoke when sober seemed to pass them by completely. Ugh, this is why I prefer going out in Dublin, everybody leaves me the hell alone and if anyone comments it's usually in jest.

</rant>

Wow, I've had a lot of reactions to me not drinking but that is unbelievable! Jesus, it could be taken as assault!

I've never understood why people have such a problem with non drinkers but I just learned to deal with the reactions. I just laugh now. It's their problem, not mine as far as I'm concerned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement