Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

So I just made the biggest pot of chickpea and bns stew for my lunches for the week. Whole pot is only 8pp and it will do at least 6 servings. So 2pp a serving to be safe for my lunches for the week will make sure I keep as many pp for birthday treats.

Good luck with the WIs everyone!!

Sounds great will u post the recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Sounds great will u post the recipe?

Just posted it. Here you go :-)

http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/07/butternut-squash-and-chickpea-stew.html

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Well my week in the US last week was slightly disastrous.

Food in the meeting room all day (I tried to stick to fruit and stay away from the sweeties) but BIG dinners and wine and no exercise did NOT help!

Anyhoo, I was bold all weekend and back into the swing of it since Monday.
    Been back to the gym and going again tonight, would really like to stem as much of the damage from last week as possible.

One good thing is that I got a lovely pair of jeans (70% off) in Banana Republic US Size 10. They fit so perfectly and I was sure they were a UK Size 14 but when I checked this morning I'm still a 12 - relief!

It's amazing what numbers can do ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Anyone know the pp in Linda McCartney sausages?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

dammitj wrote: »
    Anyone know the pp in Linda McCartney sausages?

3pp for one and 5pp for two. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hi guys! Just having a SUpervalu own brand Farmhouse Veg instant soup..

Does anyone know pp for these? I can't work it out at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Monife wrote: »
    Well done :) That is brilliant. It just goes to show that if you get a result (or 4) on the scales that you don't deserve/expect but you continue to persevere, you will see the results you deserve. Great loss :D
    MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    That's great!! So glad you stuck with it. I reckon going down to the 26pp must have helped. You must have given the body a shock the last couple of weeks that it didn't wanna give up the pounds :) It always shows in the end if you've put the work in!

Thanks Girls!! Delighted! The boyfriend is also down 9lb in the same time! He hasn't much to lose so thats amazing!!

Its my birthday on Saturday and we're going to Barcelona on Tuesday! Will be hard to keep on track but I'm gonna try have treats but point them! :o Hope Its not too bad! I'll miss weigh in tuesday so I'm going to try go monday instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Hi all just wondering does anyone that does ww online know the pp for 6 coors light and 6 corona light?

I dunno why but I am super hungry today. I think its cos i only had fruit and yoghurt for breakfast (had half a melon though so a fair amount of fruit).

Had a big portion of my bns & chickpea stew for lunch and usually anything with either of those ingredients I find super filling for most of the day but not today. I had a mini twix there a while ago but im hungry again.

Out for dinner tonight and have 19pp left that i wanna keep. How do i keep my mind off food!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I dunno why but I am super hungry today. I think its cos i only had fruit and yoghurt for breakfast (had half a melon though so a fair amount of fruit).

Had a big portion of my bns & chickpea stew for lunch and usually anything with either of those ingredients I find super filling for most of the day but not today. I had a mini twix there a while ago but im hungry again.

Out for dinner tonight and have 19pp left that i wanna keep. How do i keep my mind off food!!

That stew looks yummy, I'll definitely make that during the week! U mentioned vegetable curry- don't suppose u have the recipe handy?

I'm the exact same today, so hungry!

• Advertisement

m'lady wrote: »
    That stew looks yummy, I'll definitely make that during the week! U mentioned vegetable curry- don't suppose u have the recipe handy?

I'm the exact same today, so hungry!

The curry was just butternut squash, aubergine, peppers, onions and courgettes - tikka curry powder, tinned tomatoes, stock and some WW cream to make it creamy. Sauted off the veg with the curry powder, added the tomatoes and enough stock to cover the veg and simmered until the veg were tender. Then stirred though the cream. Was 1pp per serving cos of the cream but it would be tasty without for 0pp per serving. (stock and curry powder only 2pp and got 5 portions out of mine so without the cream 0 is good)

Just had an apple that didnt help things and now onto some tea to see if that helps fill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

Just had an apple that didnt help things and now onto some tea to see if that helps fill me.[/QUOTE]

Oh im the same today!! nothing is filling me... i usually have a cup of tea around this time of the day but instead a had an oxtail cuppa soup for 1pp and it really filled a gap!! so I think ill be takine one into work in future!! The girls in work are eating Jellies so im DEFFO not dipping into them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Up a pound and a half at this mornings WI. Happy enough with that considering my recent lack of discipline/tracking. I've been better today than the last few Wednesday's after WI, and I'm determined to track properly this wk. I've 3.5 lb to reach my next silver seven (my seventh), and 4.5 to my 50lb cert. bring them on!!

Thanks for that tiny penguin, I'll make that also during the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

ali85 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have been on the missing list from here for weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks now! Between one thing and another I have been up and down in the motivation stakes....

I haven't been to class in 4 weeks but im going back tomorrow. At my last WI I was 10st 1.5lb, so I had got within 8.5lb of my goal. Like I said I have been really good some days and reeeeeeeeeeeeally bad others. A look at my scales over the weekend and I was flopping between 10st 1 & 10st 3lb... this morning I was 10st 2lb... Going to be really good today and tomorrow and hopefully I will STS, which i would be delighted about.

Exercise has been non existant bar a few short walks so that is definitely back on the menu in the Ali Household tonight.....

I may have lost my motivation a little but I have never been so close to goal before and I really don't want to throw the towel in now.

33lbs down 8.5 to go!!!! :)

Welcome back Ali, thats great that you are so close to goal! keep it up now and you will have that precious gold card before you know it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Down 3lbs tonight and got my 9th silver 7! I'm delighted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

cosmic wrote: »

Well done cosmic, thats fab, well done!!! Keep up the good work!!

Just back from a 3.6 mile walk, @a brisk enough pace and jogged the last bit from the edge of my park to my house, pooped after it!! Hav 6 pp left for the day, dono what to have, dont particularly want something sweet, might have some peanut butter on rice cakes, nice bita protein there!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Well done you! You're doing so well lately!

Well done- that's brilliant! Wow, 9 silver 7's! That's really brilliant- be proud of yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭loveofliving

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Well after four long weeks of Sts and being good and on track. I kept persevering!
    Went out for dinner this week and had a free treats but 90% on track! Went to weigh in and .......
    DOWN 4lb!!!! DELIGHTED!!!

9lb down in 7 weeks! I'm happy with that! :D

Well done hun, im delighted for you! Im hoping for a loss like that this week. Fingers crossed :-) try any more yummy recipes? X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 reeny

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker of this thread and have finally decided to join in as its so motivating to read about everyones tips and weight losses! This is my THIRD attempt at ww in three years, I'm always super motivated during the summer but when I go back to college I go completely off the rails.. I joined last week and had my first WI today-was down 1.5lb which I'm happy enough about as when I did WW last summer (my first time doing propoints) it was a disaster. Something I have been wondering though-did anyone else feel that the old programme had more of an effect at the very beginning? I lost 5.5lbs on my first week of the old programme and lost 13lbs in 4 weeks. For some reason I feel like the weight loss will be much slower for me on PP which I don't mean is a bad thing, I'm just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience to me?
    Anyways sorry for the rambly post, can't wait to start following this thread properly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eaglebhoy

I'd like to say briefly that WW is the only thing that's ever worked properly for me and would recommend it highly to anyone who is wondering. It seems overwhelmingly complex at the start but it's worth it. It is the only plan on which I've had worthwhile sustained weight loss !

I tried many of the other faddy diets and always always I lost a pile of weight and put more than I'd started with back on. I wasted 6 years of my life trying multiple times to follow Atkins especially !

On WW I've lost 2st 3lbs from start weight, 19st 6lbs down to 17st 3lbs, 3 stone to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

reeny wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm a long time lurker of this thread and have finally decided to join in as its so motivating to read about everyones tips and weight losses! This is my THIRD attempt at ww in three years, I'm always super motivated during the summer but when I go back to college I go completely off the rails.. I joined last week and had my first WI today-was down 1.5lb which I'm happy enough about as when I did WW last summer (my first time doing propoints) it was a disaster. Something I have been wondering though-did anyone else feel that the old programme had more of an effect at the very beginning? I lost 5.5lbs on my first week of the old programme and lost 13lbs in 4 weeks. For some reason I feel like the weight loss will be much slower for me on PP which I don't mean is a bad thing, I'm just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience to me?
    Anyways sorry for the rambly post, can't wait to start following this thread properly! :)

Hi reeny, I slightly agree with you I found it v frustrating when the pp came in, I was doing really well on the old plan and found that my weight loss slowed down big time.
    But having said that I do prefer the pp now. I had a lot of quick fixes on the old plan, and though I was sticking rigidly to my points I wasn't doing it in the healthiest way. I think with the pro points plan the focus is really on healthy eating, and it really encourages you to eat more "natural" foods, and it definitely encourages you to cook more foods from scratch rather than pre prepared things. Which was a big adjustment for people at the start.
    My weight loss on this plan has been slower but I'm definitely a LOT healthier on it

Hey does anybody know how many pp are in the brown/ nutty cuisine de France rolls? The medium sized one, I reckon it's about 8 inches long.. I have 6 pp in my head but just want to double check!

Have to agree with dottie, I definitely think pp makes u eat more healthily and I for one definitely eat more fruit on it cos it's free, whereas before I'd have said I'm not 'spending' points on fruit when I can have a crunchie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Eabhabear, I read your little intro a few pages back (on the old thread) and I love it our stories are v simillar. I started in Feb 2010 at 15 3 with a goal of 11 7. I hit a major plateau between 11 10 and 12 and was there for MONTHS. I eventually got to 11 8 and my leader had to adjust my goal up one for me because she said I clearly wasn't meant to be much smaller than that. Its so nice to hear simillar stories here because in my class I was one of the only girls with a long way to go from the start. It felt like everyone was getting to goal before me!

My goal was always 10st but right now I think the best thing for me to get back down to 11st 9lbs my previous low and then focus on toning up. I'll never be one of those skinny girls but as long as I'm happy with my weight then I'm ok with that :) Some leaders I believe place an emphasis on getting to goal asap. My leader recognised that I was a young college student so she said take it one week at a time and to focus on one mini-goal at a time.

I am going to play devil's advocate on the 2 plans! I think that certain aspects of propoints are healthier but it is certainly not a perfect plan and this was proven when WW made the changes. Yes fruit is free but you do have to remember you are still only allowed your 5 a day of fruit and veg. People abuse the points on both plans i.e. eat the junk food rather than the healthy food. I find that it is actually easier to do on propoints because you have the 49 weeklies. I have had friends who are on WW say to me oh I can eat this Dominos because my weeklies will cover it. I am all for having a treat. I think both plans are good plans, it all comes down to how you make the best of your weight loss journey. Some people have really struggled to lose weight with propoints and I was one of them until I stopped using my weeklies and if I had more than 3 pieces of fruit, I pointed them. If I need extra points, I do what we did on the old plan, I save a few points a day and I exercise. I know you're not supposed to carry over points but the logic behind it is the same i.e. you still end up eating the same amount of points at the end of the week.
    One thing I have found is that at the end of the day we're all different and our bodies react differently. Its important that we find what works for us in order to lose weight :)
    Just want to add I am in no way anti propoints. I just wanted to offer a different perspective as I do know a few people have struggled with propoints :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

I haven't checked in here in awhile. Just finding the summer so hectic! But have been sticking with ww and was down 4lbs this week! Not sure where that came out of as didn't do anything outside of the norm but I'll take it! :D

Feeling quite motivated at the moment as my slim jeans that haven't fit me in 3 years (and lets face it were stuck to me then!) are fitting really comfortably. So delighted!! :D

Also finding that keeping a list of mini-goals keeps me on track. As of now:
    -1lb = 20% of start weight lost (no sticker but its a milestone for me!)
    -3lbs = next silver seven
    -4lbs = 50lb cert (!)
    -6.4lbs = 12 stone bracket.

I don't know when I was this light before, but I'm guessing it was nearly a decade ago!
    I had lost 6lbs on my own before I started weightwatchers last November, so I've lost 3stone 10lbs since the beginning of october! Feeling quite proud of myself but still a ways to go yet.

Just for anyone who's feeling a bit de-motivated and wondering whats the point - stick at it. Just keep doing it through good days and bad and if you fall off the wagon, get back on again. Its just a case of keep trying and it will come! We'll get there!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

congrats Cosmic!!! thats fantastic, delighted for you, getting close to stone number 5 now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Foxychick

Hi all just wondering does anyone that does ww online know the pp for 6 coors light and 6 corona light?

1 bottle of Corona light is 3 points, think reg corona is 6. You cant calculate pp for alcohol cos of alcohol sugars.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fennitty

reeny wrote: »

I'm the exact same I joined weightwatchers last summer and lost a stone and a half then went back to college in september lost focus and put back on the weight. I just cant seem to get back on track now and feel a bit down over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 1lb at WI :) Happy with that as I have been really bloated the last day or 2, I think it is because I have not been drinking nearly enough water and think I was retaining water, so really happy with that :)

Advertisement