Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭nono2012

So ladies, Got on great at the doc on Friday, she did a test to confirm and said they don't do bloods there anymore, that the hospital takes the blood because they were just doubling up on work . She told me to come back again in 4 weeks.. haven't gotten sick yet and hope I don't :) O how exciting and congrats everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MsGrumpy

nono2012 wrote: »
    So ladies, Got on great at the doc on Friday, she did a test to confirm and said they don't do bloods there anymore, that the hospital takes the blood because they were just doubling up on work . She told me to come back again in 4 weeks.. haven't gotten sick yet and hope I don't :) O how exciting and congrats everyone

Just wondering why do you have to go back to the gp in 4 weeks. They normally don't see you again until 18 weeks.

I actually don't know to be honest.. I didn't ask and as it is all new to me I thought it was the norm. Anyway I know I will get the best care there throughout my pregnancy as they are extremely efficient... Maybe its because I found out early with the First Response test rather than waiting until I missed my period???? hmmm.. I'll let ye know when I know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I actually don't know to be honest.. I didn't ask and as it is all new to me I thought it was the norm. Anyway I know I will get the best care there throughout my pregnancy as they are extremely efficient... Maybe its because I found out early with the First Response test rather than waiting until I missed my period???? hmmm.. I'll let ye know when I know :)

I got my positive when I was a few hours late, so at 4 weeks, I went to the doctor to confirm it/get hospital stuff going at 6 weeks. I didn't have to go back to her until 19 weeks I think, with the one 12 week hospital appt in between. Maybe different doctors have different set ups..?

yeah I'd say so, I'm not going to worry about it because every one is different and its the last thing I need to be doing is worrying :) . I also got a rubella immunisation test about 3 weeks ago when I had told her we were trying and when speaking to the girls who all have kids they didn't even know what I was on about, so I'm sure different GPs have different practices :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

My GP also told me to come back in 4 weeks when I first when in, I didn't realise others did it differently. I wouldn't worry about it, probably just different doctors having different policies :)

Don't worry about it, like you said different doctors have different policies. I was just curious. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

Hi Ladies,

Havent posted here in a little while, had a little fright, my hcg levels were very last week but luckily they have shot up this week!! Doc thinks I am not as far on as I thought I was, reckons I am 4-5 weeks now but she cant be sure, have PCOS so am very irregular. so that would push my due date from the end of september well into oct... glad i joined this thread now instead of the septembr thread! Still we wont know for certain for another little while.

Phew, can relax a bit now, I was terrified it wasnt going to be a successful pregnancy... have been lurking here over last few days but havent posted since, so congratulations to all the other ladies who have joined since :) so exciting!!! I can see this thread being a godsend!

Got my scan date, 18th March in Limerick, cant wait now!

Congratulations Orlyice :) Sorry to hear you had a little scare, but glad all is ok now and hopefully it will run smooth for all of us from here on in ... :) great to have you over here in Oct with us ;)

So glad things are ok for you orlyice :)
    How long were you waiting for your hospital appointment, I'm going to limerick as well. I was at the GP last Thursday so I might have another week or two to wait for the letter.

• Advertisement

I was at my doc monday last week (2nd feb) and got my letter with my appointment on monday so was just a week. My GP is on the ball and said she was sending the form off straightaway. I will be having some appointments in the hospital in Ennis too according to the letter. Says I will have scan in Limerick, following week for doctor and bloods in Ennis outpatients which will make things a lot easier for us!

Did you have your first in Limerick too Ms Grumpy? wondering if the waiting on the day will be as bad as I have heard. The letter says to allow 2.5 hours but from what I have heard it can be up to 4 hours :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

So how is everyone feeling? Any symtoms?

My boobs feel like they are going to fall off me with the pain.... so so sore. :(

Hey Cruais, My boobs are a bit sore bit not too bad.. I have no sickness, no nausea or anything today although maybe a little out of breath, I am 5 weeks today :)

Hey Cruais, My boobs are a bit sore bit not too bad.. I have no sickness, no nausea or anything today although maybe a little out of breath, I am 5 weeks today :)

I am out of breath climbing stairs also, and didn't help today with the fact that the lift was broken in the office building and I had to climb 5 flights of stairs!

Im delighted this thread is up and running as its somewhere to come and talk. I haven't told anyone apart from our parents so its a great place to spill! :)

Oh the stairs are a killer, I am a fit person and run a lot but it's so hard trying to hide the fact that I feel like I have run a marathon every time I come back into the office. hee hee ..

Oh the stairs are a killer, I am a fit person and run a lot but it's so hard trying to hide the fact that I feel like I have run a marathon every time I come back into the office. hee hee ..

I am relieved to hear it isn't just me so! I play sport so would be fairly fit also, but felt like a 20 a day smoker this morning after I climbed the stairs.

I normally go to stretch my legs and get some air at lunch time but I just couldn't face making the hike again today!

I'm just wrecked as well but I'm forcing myself to get out at lunchtime for a walk. I would crack up otherwise.. How bout the other ladies? How are ye finding those stairs? :-)

orlyice wrote: »
    Did you have your first in Limerick too Ms Grumpy? wondering if the waiting on the day will be as bad as I have heard. The letter says to allow 2.5 hours but from what I have heard it can be up to 4 hours :eek:

Yea I had him in limerick. I had all my appointments in limerick even though I live in Ennis. My appointments will probably work out the same as yours. I'm not a fan of Ennis outpatient, they didn't seem very nice when my sister was there.

I was waiting about 3 hours for the first appointment, that included filling in folder, bloods, urine testing and scan. All other apps were about an hour.

I had a family member who was in there recently and was waiting five and half hours :o. That was only for a check up.

Oh my god, 5 hours!!! That's uunreal. We are only in ennis about a year and don't have friends or family in the area who I can ask.

So I should make sure my phone has full battery when we go to the scan. DH will have to take it easy on paddy's day if we have the scan the next day :)

Thanks for all the info ms grumpy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Hi everyone. Just here for a moan really :D

Am feeling really tired/lightheaded in the middle of the day and nauseous in the evenings. Loads of fun! My boobs were incredibly sore in my first pregnancy, so much so that I had to support them with my arm underneath them when I drove over a speed bump! I had to wear a bra at night too. They're only a little sore this time, only noticeable when I get elbowed in them by a two year old.

Can't wait for this crappy tiredness to pass. Only another 5 weeks hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Hi All, can I join? I'm 4 weeks and 3 days on my second pregnancy. Have my doc appointment tmr, so excited!
    I found over last Saturday, so early, but was shattered and boobs started to tigle so that was that.
    I am eating like a horse already and they say you come out faster on the second - how I will hide it I don't know!!
    Due Oct 21st I think, will be in CUMH again :-)
    Congrats to you all xx

This thread is growing just like our bumps :) I feel great this evening.. I think its the calm before the storm though..

poconnor16 wrote: »
    I am eating like a horse already and they say you come out faster on the second - how I will hide it I don't know!!
    Due Oct 21st I think, will be in CUMH again :-)
    Congrats to you all xx

Hi poconnor, congrats.! I'm on my second pregnancy too. I'm 7 weeks and I already have a little bump. It's mad, I didn't show til around 16 weeks last time. I haven't put on any weight but I already can't fit into some of my jeans.

Tyler Monkey I was the same, nothing til 15 weeks last time. How old is your 1st? Mine is 2, I'm already thinking how do I do this, buggies, night feeds again....but also a bit more relaxed in a way.

Poconnor she just turned two last week. She's a brilliant sleeper, she does 12 hours at night with no waking and has been doing that from 3 months so I'm scared I won't get another sleeper and I won't be able to cope :D We've been spoiled

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭kikililly

Hi All, I'm going to join in. I haven't been on boards in years!! but this thread seems to be busy so that's good:)

I am 5 wks now, due on October 16th! This is number 2, my little boy is going to be 1 next week. We tried for him for well over a year and this time, boom, first month!! Can't believe it.

I went to the doctor this week but she wasn't fussed at all about me being pregnant. I had a sore throat too so she checked that out but she wasn't even going to send form to the hospital, she asked me did i want to come back again when i was more pregnant!!! I am seeing the nurse there next wk for bloods and flu jab. I can't remember the timings of it all last time but i went to doc about same time on my last pregnancy and I'm sure she gave me a card for combined care etc.

I had 2 days this wk of feeling really crappy, gagging and nauseus but today i amnt too bad. I told my boss on monday as there was decision being made which potentially would be effected by my mat leave. I'd say he is wondering why they bother hiring women, there is 4 of us pregnant now!!

We also tried to book in to a private clinic for a scan but they make it hard- Galway clinic requires a referral from GP and other private clinic isnt taking bookings for March for another 2 wks. On my first pregnancy i had a small bleed early on and got a few scans in the EPU so never needed to go to private clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

kikililly wrote: »
    We also tried to book in to a private clinic for a scan but they make it hard- Galway clinic requires a referral from GP and other private clinic isnt taking bookings for March for another 2 wks. On my first pregnancy i had a small bleed early on and got a few scans in the EPU so never needed to go to private clinic.

It's not really a private clinic you want, more a private scanning company. There's one in Terryland if you're based in Galway city, but I would recommend going to www.scanme.ie in Mullingar, worth the extra distance. You just call and book an early reassurance scan from 7 weeks on I think.

Just back from my doc appointment and it went well. I feel "official" now lol. She said the Hcg seems very strong - firsts thing in my mind, twins ha! Strong is good so delighted. Due Oct 19th :-)
    Had the whole public v private debate. Going public as I cannot believe the cost of consultants! She mentioned a domino scheme also where you can home 6 hours after the birth and the mid wife visits? All going well I'm up for that

Hello ladies, happy Friday to ye all :)

Tell you one thing, I am so glad it's the weekend, bloody wrecked!

How is everyone feeling today?

• Advertisement

Am I'm ok, bit crampy like period pains but no nausea though which is good.. Thank God its Friday

Advertisement