Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFL DT: Head to Head League(s)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'll be copping a couple of doughnuts this week unless Aaron Hall or Orren Stephenson get an emergency call up. I could have made a couple of trades but decided to hold them after I looked at my match-ups in the two boards related leagues.

In one I'm up against Swan (C) so that looks a write-off already, and I should still win the other unless I have some horrible luck. Wanted to bring in Adam Treloar for Tory Dickson alright but I was 2k short :rolleyes:

I had the same situation with Aaron Hall, and Adam Kennedy. Just managed to get them subbed out. Still have a big fat 0 in the ruck cause Sandilands is out :mad: Jiles better have a stormer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Thought was set for decent score this week and then Hargrave out and D. Smith sub, baxtarts!

Need big game from Matty Boyd now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

:mad:

After 4 rounds of 2,000+ scores I'll be lucky to crack the 1,600 mark this week:

Ablett out - I kept him on the bench rather than trading for Swan
    Sandilands out - so only 1 of my rucks played
    Hargrave out
    Coniglio and D.Smith both getting a vest and both on the ground for me
    Goddard being tagged out of it
    J. Selwood not cracking 70
    Also took a doughnut in the forwards

Birchall a late out for Hawks, gonna have 2 zeroes now, terrible bloody week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Same here, absolute shocker of a week.

What's the craic with Shannon Hurn? Bought him 2 weeks ago and he's pulling in absolutely useless scores.

• Advertisement

Real FM wrote: »
    Same here, absolute shocker of a week.

What's the craic with Shannon Hurn? Bought him 2 weeks ago and he's pulling in absolutely useless scores.

Yeah I'm just back from Etihad and can't really remember him doing anything much in the game at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Forgot to bring back in Goodes and lost all of my games because of it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Dangerfield, you BEAUTY! His (and Swanny's as Captain) performance got me over the line :D.
    On the other side, where is Grant Birchall at?? He's AFL's 'hokey-kokey'; IN, OUT, IN, OUT... Grrr!! :mad:

Dangerfield, you BEAUTY! His (and Swanny's as Captain) performance got me over the line :D.
    On the other side, where is Grant Birchall at?? He's AFL's 'hokey-kokey'; IN, OUT, IN, OUT... Grrr!! :mad:

Ive had two 0's over the last two weeks because of Bichall. Twice he's named in the starting 22 and pulles out last minute :mad:

Finally, after a horror start to the dreamteam season, my team is settling down. Got over 2100 at the weekend, delighted :)

Although next week might be a different story :(

• Advertisement

Second highest points in league and not even making the 8 in H2H :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Right, I'm done with this woeful start. 2-3 is shocking. I'm going to get my haircut.

maric-mullet.jpg

Right, I'm done with this woeful start. 2-3 is shocking. I'm going to get my haircut.

maric-mullet.jpg

Ha, Big Mar is a legend!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

not as bad as me though. won the first game in both leagues, and lost every game since. Altho this week being the first time over 2000 points says more about that.

Considering tanking in one of the Bye rounds in order to strengthen my DreamTeam - good call, bad call?
    It's happening naturally that I'll be feasting on lots of donuts in Round 11/12/13 (not saying which ;)) if I continue with my forecasted couple of transfers...

Considering tanking in one of the Bye rounds in order to strengthen my DreamTeam - good call, bad call?
    It's happening naturally that I'll be feasting on lots of donuts in Round 11/12/13 (not saying which ;)) if I continue with my forecasted couple of transfers...

I guess it depends on who you are playing in that round. If it is one of the top players and you think you might lose anyway, then I would say yes. If it is a game you could get the win from and you throw it might be a bad decision. Overall it's only 1 game potentially, and all you have to do is finish in the Top 8, ideally Top 4. So the round byes might be a little over hyped if its not the overall prize you are going for.

I guess it depends on who you are playing in that round. If it is one of the top players and you think you might lose anyway, then I would say yes. If it is a game you could get the win from and you throw it might be a bad decision. Overall it's only 1 game potentially, and all you have to do is finish in the Top 8, ideally Top 4. So the round byes might be a little over hyped if its not the overall prize you are going for.

Is H2H not suspended over those rounds?

Edit: Just read the rules. Mate at work lead me to believe league wad suspended over those weeks. I guess I'm in trouble! Baxtart!

Yep. Without wanting to send an early gift to the team I'll be "weak" against by giving too much info, I've done as you suggest but not sure it's going to work out that way for me.
    I also looked at the possibility of successfully carrying donuts against a low ranked team but again, not sure if it'll work.
    "Oh well..."

jackbhoy wrote: »
    Is H2H not suspended over those rounds?

Edit: Just read the rules. Mate at work lead me to believe league wad suspended over those weeks. I guess I'm in trouble! Baxtart!

With only 21 rounds needed over the 23 available, I'd have preferred to have H2H in rounds 1 & 2 instead of two of 11, 12 & 13...

Grrr! Another 2000+ round and still lost!
    Ah well, at least I was beaten by another Docker :-)

• Advertisement

:mad: Only found out Dyson Heppell was pulled at the last minute. And ive no Emergency in the backline. :mad:

Although Stevie J and Chapman are blitzing it at the moment, might even make up for the duck egg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

First win of the season:D and managed it with Marc Murphy as my captain and not even playing. Happy days!

Scraped a win finally by the skin of my teeth. Hopefully this is start of my luck changing :(

I am doing brutal in this!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hands up who has Buddy in their team :D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hands up who has Buddy in their team :D

forgot to change my team around this week, so only had 20 scoring players. lost one game by ten points, and trounced in the other. even with buddy I cant get a win. brutal stuff!:mad:

Won all 3 of my games this week, too bad i got knocked out of the eliminator last week. Nearly got to 2200.

Whats everyone's plan for the bye's? I think im just going to ride out the storm without making any trades. I dont have enough left. It means ill have a few 0's each week, but I dont think there's much else i can do

Mackman wrote: »
    Won all 3 of my games this week, too bad i got knocked out of the eliminator last week. Nearly got to 2200.

Whats everyone's plan for the bye's? I think im just going to ride out the storm without making any trades. I dont have enough left. It means ill have a few 0's each week, but I dont think there's much else i can do

Set my team up at the start to trade during it to reduce the donughts. Will use 6 trades for the 3 weeks, all planned :) What wasn't planned was the Swan, Pendlebury, Murphy, Christensen, McEvoy and Shaw injuries :(

Another scrapped win this week by a single point. I hope that means my luck has turned :)

Stevie Johnson :mad: Bastard :mad: I was in with a chance of winning 2 of my 3 games this week till my captain got 120 (60) measly points :mad:

• Advertisement

...and *that's* how to tank! Made the 3 trades in desperation and then Zaharakis-OUT, Sandi-OUT, Stephenson-as-good-as-OUT, etc, etc... Even Capt. Ablett didn't stand up. Oh well.

Advertisement