Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 markjk

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Sorry guys if this has been said before , but i'm on this deal but paying 35 quid for it a month

I'm outta contract though so is there anyway i can swap to this online

My contract is ending on the 2nd of Dec so I rang customer service and they are switching me to that deal when the contract ends, you should do the same, although the new customer "Service" is fairly painful but you will eventually get to talk actually real person. Its just takes about 25 mins between all the menu's and terrible hold music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Sorry guys if this has been said before , but i'm on this deal but paying 35 quid for it a month

I'm outta contract though so is there anyway i can swap to this online

Ya call them - they switched me from the €30 and the wife from the €50 deal to €20 for 200 mins 200 texts etc deal - told me the €15 on the website was a mistake or only for new users. They really didn't have much of a clue so we just took the €20 deal to save the argument - great deal even at €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I just moved from this plan @€;25/month to the €15 a month

From a meteor phone dial 1905

Press 1
    Enter Pin
    Press 4
    Press #
    Listen to snow patrol

Ask to switch

I was told that it was only available to new customers:

I basically said, the reason i go with rolling contracts is that im free to move whenever I feel i can get a better deal else where, and if i didnt get it at this price I want to cancel my contract and be moved to PAYG. I was put on hold for 2 mins and was then told that i would get the new deal

Good luck everyone! Also if they try tell you there is now data included, they are wrong! It clearly states that there is online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Also if they try tell you there is no data included, they are wrong! It clearly states that there is online!

Be wary - I switched to a rolling 30 day contract last year and they said data included.....but.......I went through 4 months of hell as they kept sending me bills for €4000+ each month as my plan didn't include data according to their computer when it clearly stated that it did on my contract
    They kept trying to cut me off and threaten me with court action if I didn't pay. Looks like their system is a bit messed up and the 'Computer Says No' attitude is the line they will take

Sorted eventually after numerous days on the phone to them and faxing in bills and contracts etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Press 1
    Enter Pin
    Press 4
    Press #
    Listen to snow patrol
    No Bargain Alert is worth that! :pac:

My free Meteor sim arrived to parents house the other day.. must pick it up and see how coverage is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I ported today. The 1890 808 585 number is the way to go. I got the snow patrol with the other numbers but consistently straight in with that number. Don't put in any number and you get talking to a person straight away.

That's not the end of it though. First attempt the person told me number belonged to someone else and was generally not with it so I needed to hang up and try again to talk to someone different. After that I was ported before the call ended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

groom wrote: »
    I ported today. The 1890 808 585 number is the way to go. I got the snow patrol with the other numbers but consistently straight in with that number. Don't put in any number and you get talking to a person straight away.

That's not the end of it though. First attempt the person told me number belonged to someone else and was generally not with it so I needed to hang up and try again to talk to someone different. After that I was ported before the call ended

Ordered online on Saturday, sim pack delivered by courier on Tuesday afternoon. Rang the 1890 number and got through more or less immediately and made arrangements to port. Number ported about 26 hours later. Can't fault that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Took out a new contract with 3 last week, got a new phone and an 18 month contract @ €30pm. Started to use the new phone, took off the protective coverings and everything, but didn't use the new sim card. Seen this deal on here, cancelled the 3 account, put the phone back in the box and post it off to 3. Just got a txt today to say they recieved the phone and contract cancelled:D.

Ported over to Meteor on Monday, very happy with this deal. Coverage is good everywhere, except at the back door in work were i doss:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

chaohao wrote: »
    wow, doyou like this?? http://tinyurl.com/7xvdcp8

9 new posts in the last 5 minutes.... not clicking on this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I am on a €25/month meteor package with 200min/200txt/1gb data which does me fine,
    I took it out in september. Is there any way for me to get this deal or am I locked into the 18 months for 25euro ? Thanks lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I am on a €25/month meteor package with 200min/200txt/1gb data which does me fine,
    I took it out in september. Is there any way for me to get this deal or am I locked into the 18 months for 25euro ? Thanks lads

Contact @Meteor_Mobile on Twitter and you should get the answer in a few minutes

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

trying to follow this and confused!

Is it better to do this online or over the phone?

You have to show documents? Does that mean you have to go to a meteor shop anyway?

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

trying to follow this and confused!

Is it better to do this online or over the phone?

You have to show documents? Does that mean you have to go to a meteor shop anyway?

thanks!

Do it through Fatcheese.ie and you'll get a tenner back sometime in Janurary. You're better off doing it online.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just got this for my new Galaxy S II. I notice on the site it is called "Bill Pay Smart Lite EUR30 - 1 Month"

It does stay at 15 I presume?

Also, I see that I am getting some bonus data. 500mb per month on top of my 1 Gb. Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

MarkR wrote: »
    Just got this for my new Galaxy S II. I notice on the site it is called "Bill Pay Smart Lite EUR30 - 1 Month"

It does stay at 15 I presume?

Also, I see that I am getting some bonus data. 500mb per month on top of my 1 Gb. Nice
    I got that 500mb bonus too. Are you sure you get it each month? I thought it was just a welcome bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

TheChevron wrote: »
    I got that 500mb bonus too. Are you sure you get it each month? I thought it was just a welcome bonus.

No idea. I tried to call them, but got bored waiting. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

anyone checked their my meteor account yet? had charged me straight away for the next month but it wasn't €15 it was €30! applied online and got the €15 deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

adamski8 wrote: »
    anyone checked their my meteor account yet? had charged me straight away for the next month but it wasn't €15 it was €30! applied online and got the €15 deal!
    I think you have to pay a month in advance so this could be the pro rata amount from the day you got it to the 24th of November and then from 24th Novemeber to 24th December. It should be only €15 a month from next month on. Although in saying that, it seems odd that you were charged €30. Did you take it out on 24th of October, by any chance?

I'd leave it a week or so (until their call centre problems die down) and then give them a shout. Otherwise ring 5 minutes before their call centre closes or right on the button as they open.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Have u not seen the Meteor adds, Everyone gets something for free..... so I assume with this deal the 500mb is the free bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭dahamster

did you get this resolved as the same thing seems to be happening to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

dahamster wrote: »
    did you get this resolved as the same thing seems to be happening to me.

Same here, they gave me 15 credit instead hope its sorted next month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

For those who got the e15 deal - does your plan still show up online as "bill pay smart e30"?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

alanucc wrote: »
    For those who got the e15 deal - does your plan still show up online as "bill pay smart e30"?

yea. mine does anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

alanucc wrote: »

Yup..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Got the 1st statement and noticed the same issue, phoned expecting the usual long wait but got through in under 10 mins - that shouldn't be a result but after last couple of occasion...

Anyhow they told me that the amount on the paper statement was not what I was going to debited and that paper statement is erroneously not showing the discount, whilst their system does.

I was assured that DD will be at the correct figure (provided by them) - not convinced but will now await with interest what happens.

At least they didn't try to argue that there was no such offer I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

got my 1st statement from meteor as well. it looks right amounts to me, as i've got 15 euro deducted from my bill. and the bill has included both Call Charges (14 Nov 2011 - 24 Nov 2011) and Min Commitment ( 25 Nov 2011 - 24 Dec 2011),
    Minimum Monthly Commitment

14 November 2011 - 24 November 2011 9.0909
    Bill Pay Smart Lite €30 - 1 Month

25 November 2011 - 24 December 2011 24.7934
    Bill Pay Smart Lite €30 - 1 Month

Total Service Charges 33.8843

Call Charges this Month
    National and UK Calls 13.0179
    Messages 0.1240
    Internet 0.0000

Total Call Charges this Month 13.1419

Other Credits and Charges

€5 Monthly Discount -4.1322
    €10 Monthly Discount -8.2645

Total Other Credits and Charges 12.3967 CR
    Total Charges this Month (excl VAT) 34.6295

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

thanks op. just rang about it (half hour on hold). said it was for new customers so bluffed cancelling and reduction was applied after very short wait on hold

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Elessar wrote: »
    Ok FINALLY I got clarification from customer service, after emailing stuff (at) meteor.ie.

Meteor do not require you to send in ID details (passport etc) for sim only contracts.

I encourage anyone to email the above address as each time I had a reply within an hour. I asked for a call back today and got one 30 mins after I sent the email.

what email address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Me and the gf missed a call last night and this morning from meteor after ordering a new sim. They left a message asking to call back but there's no answer. Anyone know if this call is essential for the order to go through?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sneachta wrote: »
    what email address?

It's right there in the message you quoted! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Slunk wrote: »
    Me and the gf missed a call last night and this morning from meteor after ordering a new sim. They left a message asking to call back but there's no answer. Anyone know if this call is essential for the order to go through?
    I just got it. There's a €50 deposit that you need to give them.

That's bull****. Why didn't they just take it when i paid the one euro admin charge by credit card. Plus they have my account details for DD so can take it from that. Also no mention on signing up about it. Anyone know if they will ring back. Have no credit and don't want to top up to ring them back if ill be leaving o2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Slunk wrote: »
    That's bull****. Why didn't they just take it when i paid the one euro admin charge by credit card. Plus they have my account details for DD so can take it from that. Also no mention on signing up about it. Anyone know if they will ring back. Have no credit and don't want to top up to ring them back if ill be leaving o2

You have to agree to pay the deposit before they can continue with the process. I have been asked for €300 in the past and would be pretty pissed if they just went ahead and DD'd it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Elessar

I just got my first bill (signed up on 16th November):

€49.48!!!

They charged me €15 for the "month" of between 16th November and 4th Dec. And then almost €25 for between 5th Dec and 4th Jan. No mention of online discounts.

I'm getting onto them ASAP.

Check your bills!

Can anyone tell me is the €15/month offer inclusive of VAT? (I'm being charged VAT on top of everything else)

Sorry i didn't mean to say the previous poster was bull ****in but its a bull**** process. Why not mention it when signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

Elessar wrote: »
    I just got my first bill (signed up on 16th November):

€49.48!!!

They charged me €15 for the "month" of between 16th November and 4th Dec. And then almost €25 for between 5th Dec and 4th Jan. No mention of online discounts.

I'm getting onto them ASAP.

Check your bills!

Can anyone tell me is the €15/month offer inclusive of VAT? (I'm being charged VAT on top of everything else)

I just got the same bill as you there. I even have the same dates. My friend also got the same. They'll be get a phone call soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Elessar

vodkatime wrote: »
    I just got the same bill as you there. I even have the same dates. My friend also got the same. They'll be get a phone call soon...

I emailed them at stuff @ meteor.ie - they usually respond pretty quick.

Let me know how you get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Same story regarding wrong bill. I phoned them up and sent emails on the forum. Eventually after 45min on the phone waiting, I got thru, an adjustment had been made to my bill since the one I received. Also, by querying the 15 euro charge for the '10 days', it was discounted to 9, which is still a joke but at least its sorted.....

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭palm

This is the reply I received when I queried the €30 / month charge

Hi **,
    Thank you for your email.
    Having reviewed your account, l can confirm that you are on our Bill Pay Smart Lite 30. The half price discount is not applicable to your account. This discount was applicable to the Bill pay Lite 30 untill the 31st of October.
    Please let me know by reply email the sales agent or store that signed you for this plan and l will be able to investigate this further.
    If you have any further queries please call customer care or email info@meteor.ie and we will be delighted to assist you.

Regards,

CC Bird

Customer Care Department.
    Meteor Mobile Communications
    Email: info@meteor.ie
    Fax: 01 4307013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

my dad always said if it seems to good to be true it probably is.

suckered into this paid €35 for the month of november to O2 and then paid €47 to meteor for 3 days of ****ty 3g coverage and a few dropped calls.

oh and i also saw the word gullible was cut from the oxford dictionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Its still being advertised on their website http://www.meteor.ie/bill-pay/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Sync

Meteors receiption is terrible, joined them for 3 weeks and packed it in, back to Vodafone and haven't been shy of signal since..

I also tried to join their forums when I was with them, and 4 months later they verified my account... terrible service!

Signed up the other day. Better not try sting me with this 31 October business. No mention of a date on the site plus its still available to sign up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Logged into My Meteor a couple days ago, found a bill for €60+, despite the fact that it took them a week or more to port me, leaving about 5 days to the next bill. They'd better sort this crap out next week or there'll be war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

just got the samsung galasxy s2 for €100 on bill with 400 mins and 400 texts and free meteor calls and texts and 2gb data for €25 euro a month.. happy with that..

• Advertisement

bizz213 wrote: »
    just got the samsung galasxy s2 for €100 on bill with 400 mins and 400 texts and free meteor calls and texts and 2gb data for €25 euro a month.. happy with that..

Thats brilliant

Where did you get that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭grange mac

got a boll for €52, cant view it yet, dow=es it come in post? I'll have war with them an only signed up mid nov, better not try that 31.Oct crap with either when I ring them and give out to them...this is nonsence

Ive said it before and Ill say it again

When you get the deal ask them for Written Confirmation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Kev. wrote: »
    Thats brilliant

Where did you get that?

Thats brilliant where did you see this amazing deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

got text off meteor, there smart 50 is €25 in shops.. stays that price for life.. went in asked, dude had to ring to see if it was real.. said he heard meteor were comin out with deal just didnt know it was that good, i was just gonna go on the deal but he was like u can get the galaxy s2 for €99 or iphone 4gs for €199.. took the samsung, its good phone, still nsure if i like it better then iphone but it is a great fone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement