Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the first and latest game you bought?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

no idea what the first game i had was, i know it was on the commador 64, last game i got was Ac3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭karl_m

Then: Pokemon crystal
    Now: FF13-2

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

That I bought myself was Super Mario Land 2

Last was AC3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I got Mortal Kombat 1 & 2 on the Game Boy, that was my first, and probably the last time I took a box's synopsis as anything to go by. I was 7-8ish, so how it was sold to me I dunno. It's like MK was the deepest game back then, so you can imagine what happens when they compromise it for the 8-bit portables. I think it was my first, anywho.

Last game I invested in was Puyo Pop on the GBA, as it came highly recommend, and I had a voucher to burn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,158 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A little hazy, but I believe my first game was Sonic 2 for the GameGear. I think I probably got past the first level around three times, because of a bouncing ball at the first boss that almost inevitably kills you every time, especially when you're seven or eight years old.

Latest was Under Defeat HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

If we are talking windows machines, got my first PC in '95 and bought Command & Conquer. Knew nothing about it, just liked the box, a case of judging a book by its cover not being a bad thing, last game bought was Legend of Grimrock

Going back further though and the very first game I ever got was Beachhead on the C64.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not the first game I ever got, but the first I remember is Doom.

Latest, Black Ops 2. Quite often, actually, whilst in the midst of playing current gen games, I'll stop for a brief moment to reflect on the games of today versus those of the day, and imagine how people would react had they not been present for the interim.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

First I bought myself was Starcraft: Brood War (my brother had bought the original).

Latest? Diablo 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

first game i am pretty sure was this:

I knew that fecking game inside out. I LOVED IT!

Last game was borderlands 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Sponged off my cousin who had various Nintendo and Atari consoles through the 90's so I managed without a console until 98 or so, think the first game I bought myself was Top Gear Rally on the N64

Most recent, both Vanquish and Bayonetta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I think the first game I actually bought was Prince of Persia. I think.
    Last game I bought was an expansion pack for Hearts of Iron 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I really can't remember the first game I bought myself, because the first ones I owned where xmas/birthday presents and the likes. Tetris and Fortress Of Fear on Gameboy would have been my first. Oddly enough, the latest edition to my collection is an old Megadrive game I picked up last week- Tiny Toons: Buster's Hidden Treasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

First: Battlezone for the Atari 2600
    Last: Counter Strike Global Offensive

Battlezone's better :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

First game I bought myself (not presents or paid for by the parents) was Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VIII. Got them at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

First: Monty on the run (c64)
    Latest: Sniper Elite 2 (xbox 360)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

first:resident evil PS1

Last: Forza Horizon.It's a keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

First I bought was FIFA 98 on the SNES, last was Tetris for my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭deblacker

First I had (not bought): Super Nintendo.
    First I bought: Medal of Honour:Frontline I think
    Last: Max Payne 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

First game I bought myself (not presents or paid for by the parents) was Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VIII. Got them at the same time.
    Jasus, i feel old.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

First i bought myself - Xenon 2 on IBM 286
    Last Modern Warfare 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

First was when i got a megadrive for christmas with Sonic the Hedgehog and EA Hockey/John Madden double header on the one cartridge.

Last - Black ops 2 today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

First would have been something for the Atari 2600, I have a feeling it was Gorf or Dark Chambers. Latest was the Humble Bundle although technically I first bought the pc version of Crayon Physics a few years ago, the rest are new purchases though.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

First: Metroid II for the gameboy. I could nearly do it my sleep to this day.

Last: Borderlands 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

First game I ever bought was bought before I'd even got a computer to play it on. I'd been nagging my parents for ages and ages to get a C64 and I picked up enough hints that they were finally going to do it so a few weeks beforehand I picked up a text adventure game for like 50p at a car boot sale. I don't think I ever played it to be honest as as soon as I got my C64 I got swept away with the likes of Platoon, Miami Vice, Turbo Outrun & Emlyn Hughes International Soccer.

Most recent game I bought was last weekend when I finally bought Flower on PSN. Most recent physical game was FIFA 13 about six weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Ah, trip down memory lane. Identifying the first game in my case it's impossible - you see, back in the mid '80s Italian copyright laws were wonky at best, and a few publishers got away with cramming a handful of C64 games on a cassette and selling them as a "magazine" in the newsagents; They would edit the opening screens, change the title to some cheesy sounding Italian version (e.g. "Paperboy" became "Il postino", which translates into "the postman") and get a COURT AUTHORIZATION to sell them as "publishings", mostly because judges in 1986-87 had no idea what a videogame was :)
    The "final product" looked more or less like this:
    EDIGAMMA.JPG

A collection like this, 6 cassettes with between 8 and 20 games on each of them, cost roughly the equivalent of today's 5 Euro. For a small boy, it meant saving the equivalent of only 1 or 2 € each week from his weekly 5€ allowance and then...Christmas every month :D

The first "single game" on a cassette I bought, however, was "Ferrari Formula One" in 1990. This beast:

http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http%3A//www.lemon64.com/games/details.php%3FID%3D900

Latest game, F1 2012.

details.php%3FID%3D900

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

First game I bought was'Die Hard: Trilogy' on the Playstation. What a game that was.

Last game was AC3, which I then traded in with something else yesterday for Dishonored.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Tekken 2

Jak and daxter collection, ( if you don't count that, then Borderlands 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

First game was Jetpac on the ZX Spectrum 48k.

My latest acquisition is COD Black Ops 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Legend of Zelda Nes, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think the first was Galaxian 3 for the PS1.

The last game I bought was splinter cell convictions in the steam sale a while ago.

Advertisement