Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Any deals with Bulmers going or coming?

Only deals I'm seeing is 18 for 24/25 which I think is poor considering the deal on Guinness tomorrow in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

deadybai wrote: »
    Any deals on Whiskey? Seen Dunnes have Jameson for €22 on a 70cl. I am looking for Muldoons whiskey if possible

Supervalu have 700ml of Jameson for €20, the offer ends today, limited to a quota of 2 bottles per customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Smirnoff vodka 1 litre is 25€ in Tesco. if anyone has a 10 off 50 Aldi or Lidl voucher and you buy 2 it means means 1litre works out at 20€ !!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

user2011 wrote: »
    Any deals with Bulmers going or coming?

Only deals I'm seeing is 18 for 24/25 which I think is poor considering the deal on Guinness tomorrow in Tesco.

Bulmers don't do slabs anymore. at least i never see them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

Centra 700ml of Jameson for €20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Have a medical appointment in Galway tomorrow and I hope to do some shopping also. If anybody has a spare voucher for Aldi or Lidl I'd be very grateful for it. No supermarkets where I live so it'd be great to get some bargain beer and minerals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

vicwatson wrote: »
    Bulmers don't do slabs anymore. at least i never see them anymore.

:( That's a sickner.

Hope all the Guinness drinker have a sh!t Christmas

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Whats the Tesco deal on Guinness tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

superg wrote: »
    Whats the Tesco deal on Guinness tomorrow?

AFAIK its 24 cans for €24. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

PaulT21 wrote: »
    AFAIK its 24 cans for €24. :)

Nice one, I'll have some of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dunnes have some good deals on stronger stuff.
    Picked up a bottle of smirnoff 1l for 21eu. Will do well for Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

user2011 wrote: »
    :( That's a sickner.

Hope all the Guinness drinker have a sh!t Christmas

:pac:

I think they will, Guinness is known for giving you a nice colourful s*ite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

O'Brien's have Black Bush 70cl for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Super Valu have Guinness, Carlsberg, Bud 24pk for €24.00 from today

Bulmers 18pack €24.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

1lt Bacardi White rum at a good price anywhere? Tesco have gone back up to €29...I missed the offer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Super Valu have Guinness, Carlsberg, Bud 24pk for €24.00 from today

Bulmers 18pack €24.00

Happy days, got a €20 gift card for SuperValu after signing up for Electric reward points. €4 for a slab of Guinness..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Dunnes also doing Guinness, Bud and Carlsberg slabs for €24. Heineken €27.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

1lt Bacardi White rum at a good price anywhere? Tesco have gone back up to €29...I missed the offer!!

The 70cl bottle is €19.99 in O'Briens at the minute. 1lt is €36.99 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

CBRLizzie wrote: »
    The 70cl bottle is €19.99 in O'Briens at the minute. 1lt is €36.99 :eek:

Thanks for that CBRLizzie. I know - I definitely won't be buying 1lt at that price - I can't find any good offers at 1lt whereas alot of the other spirits seems to be on good offers at this size. Ah well, may stick with 70cl as a smaller bottle for a pressie!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Anyone know why Bulmers is so much more expensive than other drinks, even other ciders? I've seen pretty much every common beer and cider under the sun offered at €1 a can at some point or another, however in any special offers Bulmers always seems to have a smaller slab for the same price :p

Not really complaining as it's worth the extra few quid, but seeing as it's only 4.5% it seems a little odd that it would be so much more expensive, particularly when you can sometimes get much stronger ciders like Kepplers or Devil's Bit for €1 a can, on rare occasions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭thesandeman

They are trying to hold on to the 'premium' tag. I reckon they are very worried now since the likes of Stonewell came on the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Any chance we'll see Coors 24x 500ml cans for €24 before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,348 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Smirnoff Vodka 1 litre €20 in Dunnes Stores

Sorry it is €21

M

livEwirE wrote: »

Give it until Monday, if there's none then it's unlikely to be any. In previous years they would usually match the price of Bud so €24 is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

wondering the same the best ive seen it all year is 24 for 28 and its currently that in centra. Coors has gotten really popular the last while so wouldnt be surprised if i dont see it cheaper. got my guiness 24 for 24 so probably will grab the coors at 28

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Looking for John Smiths ale in Galway, the extra smooth variety in the green can. Would be grateful for information about stockists and price. Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

vicwatson wrote: »
    Smirnoff vodka 1 litre is 25€ in Tesco. if anyone has a 10 off 50 Aldi or Lidl voucher and you buy 2 it means means 1litre works out at 20€ !!

Smirnoff was being sold at €15/70cl at Aldi. In case the prices are same, If one purchases 3 bottles for €45 and some other things for €5, in Aldi, with the discount voucher (€10 off on €50 purchase), it would be 2.1 litre Smirnoff and €5 extra stuff for €40.

Also I heard Tesco selling Smirnoff Vodka 1ltr for €23 just 2 days back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

Anyone know why Bulmers is so much more expensive than other drinks ................................

Not really complaining as it's worth the extra few quid.

You answered your own question. The answer is you .... and people who think like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I saw it on offer today in Lidl, but it was in passing, as was looking for something else, sorry.

Also mentioned in another thread, Baileys 70cl is €10 in Supervalu, €12 in Lidl :)

• Advertisement
    M

With the Aldi and Lidl tokens I feel so much guilt I should be wearing a balaclava at the till, long live the recession.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement