Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,597 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Smirnoff Vodka 1 litre €20 in Dunnes Stores

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I see Tesco are doing 330ml Sol at 12 bottles for €14 - is anyone doing better? 12 for €12 is uaually the norm for special offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

I saw Jameson €20 in s.v. yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

colcatscar wrote: »
    Don't laugh guys, but any deals / recommendations on alcohol free wines or beers. I kind of got volunteered to be on standby driving duty for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day and don't fancy sipping minerals or tae all day.

Erdinger, about €2 a bottle in Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Aldi doing slabs of Guinness €26, Smirnoff Vodka 70cl €15 and 20 bottles of 300ml for €14. Get the voucher in the Sunday World or Sindo for €10 off a €50 shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone know any deals on slabs in Aldi or Lidl? Got the vouchers today but can't find any offers on the sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

I do drink regularly but I'm driving tonight so I'm drinking non alcoholic erdinger. Paid €2.35 per bottle. Its really good high quality and taste better than some real beers. :) I've tried a few. Becks isn't great at all. Struggle to enjoy it. But I'd highly recommended endinger

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone know any deals on slabs in Aldi or Lidl? Got the vouchers today but can't find any offers on the sites.

just seen 20 bottles of lidl for 14.99 euro, only the 300ml bottles. its 2 euro cheaper than tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Blut2

Why is non-alcoholic beer so expensive when presumably the tax on it is significantly lower than on normal beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

Blut2 wrote: »
    Why is non-alcoholic beer so expensive when presumably the tax on it is significantly lower than on normal beer?

I'm just guess here but...
    Smaller batch sizes are made, so the setup costs are higher.
    The method of making them non-alcoholic is expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

Anybody know any good deals in dunnes stores? I got gift vouchers for Xmas and thinking of using them for the 'ol Xmas booze

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

askU wrote: »
    I saw Jameson €20 in s.v. yesterday

Given the rise in excise over last few years, that's a great price.

My local Centra had it at 20 also.

Same Centra has Baileys at 12, but reduced to 10 just for today.

I bought five for 50, and then used a 10 off 50 voucher. Nice one, five bottles for 40 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Geuze wrote: »
    Given the rise in excise over last few years, that's a great price.

My local Centra had it at 20 also.

Same Centra has Baileys at 12, but reduced to 10 just for today.

I bought five for 50, and then used a 10 off 50 voucher. Nice one, five bottles for 40 euro.

Yes it's until Wednesday, along with the 700ml Smirnoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

kn wrote: »
    Aldi doing slabs of Guinness €26, Smirnoff Vodka 70cl €15 and 20 bottles of 300ml for €14. Get the voucher in the Sunday World or Sindo for €10 off a €50 shop.

Any idea how long that offer lasts? And how many Guinness in the aforementioned slab? ;)
    EDIT: Also, is that €10 off voucher in this week's Sunday World?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Tazium

660Ml Bottles of Peroni are 2 for 5 euro in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Tazium wrote: »
    660Ml Bottles of Peroni are 2 for 5 euro in Tesco.

Which tesco did you see this offer in? Many left?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Tazium

Negative_G wrote: »
    Which tesco did you see this offer in? Many left?

Roselawn, D15. A shelf full minus the four I brought away.

Any idea how long that offer lasts? And how many Guinness in the aforementioned slab? ;)
    EDIT: Also, is that €10 off voucher in this week's Sunday World?

The voucher, which is on page 8 of the SW, and the drink offers last the week I think.

PS 24 cans in a slab.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Eight degrees brewery have a Christmas deal for anybody who uses the promo word: linked

It will get you free shipping in Ireland and 5% off any beer until the 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Eight degrees brewery have a Christmas deal for anybody who uses the promo word: linked

It will get you free shipping in Ireland and 5% off any beer until the 22nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

In Tescos today :

Smirnoff 1 litre €23
    Cork Dry 1 litre €23
    Bacardi 1 litre €25
    Baileys 1 litre €25 700ml €12

Don't understand why the litre bottles of Baileys never come down in line with the smaller bottles. The 700ml seems a bit miserable to give as a present and it galls me to pay twice the price for the litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Baileys 700mls €10 till 17/12/14 in Supervalu

Limestone1 wrote: »
    In Tescos today :

Smirnoff 1 litre €23
    Cork Dry 1 litre €23
    Bacardi 1 litre €25
    Baileys 1 litre €25 700ml €12

Don't understand why the litre bottles of Baileys never come down in line with the smaller bottles. The 700ml seems a bit miserable to give as a present and it galls me to pay twice the price for the litre.
    mags1962 wrote: »

I've come to the conclusion over the past year that Tesco is very much no longer the drink deal titan it once was. In fact, compared to my local off license, Tesco's deals tend to be completely pants. Not sure what happened, but regardless I almost never buy drink in Tesco anymore.

When a six pack of dutch gold is cheaper in O'Briens than Tesco, you know Tesco is in some serious trouble. :p

kn wrote: »
    The voucher, which is on page 8 of the SW, and the drink offers last the week I think.

PS 24 cans in a slab.

Excellent, but what I mean is are we talking about this week's Sunday World or last week's? Or is the voucher an ongoing thing in each edition, since so many people bring it up in this thread over time? :p

Tesco have slabs of Guinness for €24 from Thursday-Sunday.........stock up.......

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciapen

Dunnes today;

Smirnoff €21 a litre.

Bud €25 a slab (24 cans)

Thank you Dunnes Christmas is sorted in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

mags1962 wrote: »

Also €10 in Centra until Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭deadybai

Any deals on Whiskey? Seen Dunnes have Jameson for €22 on a 70cl. I am looking for Muldoons whiskey if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Lidl have Bushmills 70cl for 20euro if your looking for a good protestant whiskey :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Muldoons isn't actually a whiskey as such so it you want the taste of it, you've either got to buy it, or buy a cheap Cooley and feck some Werthers Original in it for a while...

Other than that, Jameson for 20-22, Bushmills for 20 and Black Bush for 25-27 in pretty much all the supermarkets now; also Crested 10 for 25 is a very good price in Tesco.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement