Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

holy ****!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I see you can permanently unlock a perk as a prestige reward. Hello Ghost :)

Kinda pointless making it the last perk to be unlocked then huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

That Black Hat thingy is very very cool. I stole 3 care packages on my team mates with it. And did I feel guilty? Not a chance.
    The poor feckers didn't have a clue what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Do people really get excited over camo?
    ;-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i running with type 25, silencer, ext mags, and target finder, beast of a set up.
    i nearly prestiged my weapon last night after a few pints, that was close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

League Games are extreme fun. I actually enjoy playing them, much better than pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

League Games are extreme fun. I actually enjoy playing them, much better than pubs.

what is the big difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

battser wrote: »
    what is the big difference?

They try to match you on skill leavel so you are playing in competitive games .

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

They try to match you on skill leavel so you are playing in competitive games .

Skill in what sense (K/D, W/L, ranking, etc) ?

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Skill in what sense (K/D, W/L, ranking, etc) ?

Its W/L and if it gets better as in you get more wins you move up the ladder and can only play with people with the same W/ L as you . The opposite if its negative .

I'm pretty sure its W/L, so best to play with a team. But just in general everybody in league is a lot better than pub match players which makes some more fun competitive games.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

That makes good sense. And so you don't actually unlock anything playing it no?

battser wrote: »
    That makes good sense. And so you don't actually unlock anything playing it no?

Nope it just means you afre playing with player around your level to make the game a bit more competitive or to save you getting a hiding if you are playing a player with twice your skill .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Laaaaaaads..

Has anyone used the M8A1 with a red dot sight attached. That thing destroys everyone. It has unreal hip fire and can take people down with 1 burst. I've gotten at least 35 kills each game since I've started using it.

update on ps3 today, wonder what it fixed

Seems to have messed up the small notion of playing a single game on PS3, ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Did they nerf smg's on the PS3? I'm not saying it's a bad thing :pac: I'm winning against em' now using my M27 than before the patch. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Its deffo growing on me. No lag issues and had some great games today. I usually play a rush game with SMGs or shotguns but it has just been frustrating since launch of BO2. Mainly due to the amount of head glitching and sniping. Tried some assault rifles and slowed things down a bit. Checking corners more using the (numerous) head glitching spots on the corners. Still played the objective and ended up going from a sub 1 KD to about a 3 KD and enjoyed the game. Was not camping but slowed down bit and aimed down sights a lot more then I would usually.

When I unlock ghost and pair it with dead silence then I will more then likely give the rushing game another go. Its a good Idea for Ghost to only work when you are moving so its only really useful for rushing. Snipers are already powerful enough without them disappearing on the UAV.

Thing about BO2 is all the gun types are viable. Even the LMGs :). It cant be played with the same approach as MW3 and BO1 and people are getting frustrated when they are not doing as good. Like all COD its a bastard then you are playing with randomers against a full party.

• Advertisement

I'm beginning to love the game. played nuketown all day. Feel I'm getting better at it. Enjoying the killstreaks and pure gun action.

Have to say using the Black Hat really is a mad laugh. I'm stealing team mates care packages all the time with it. Then I watch their reactions, looking around the place wondering where the hell it went, which makes me lose concentration with laughter and get killed bout 6 times in a row. Good fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I'm beginning to love the game. played nuketown all day. Feel I'm getting better at it. Enjoying the killstreaks and pure gun action.

Have to say using the Black Hat really is a mad laugh. I'm stealing team mates care packages all the time with it. Then I watch their reactions, looking around the place wondering where the hell it went, which makes me lose concentration with laughter and get killed bout 6 times in a row. Good fun

Still not liking all the air support people can get. Too much. Not enough anti air, makes me always have a rocket launcher.

Getting to know the maps now. Doing better. Kill count is going up.

So many people using snipers though. Would be great if it could be limited to two per side or something.

The re spawning needs to be sorted. Often have the opposition right near by a spawn point waiting and picking off the whole team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Rabies wrote: »
    Still not liking all the air support people can get. Too much. Not enough anti air, makes me always have a rocket launcher.

Getting to know the maps now. Doing better. Kill count is going up.

So many people using snipers though. Would be great if it could be limited to two per side or something.

The re spawning needs to be sorted. Often have the opposition right near by a spawn point waiting and picking off the whole team.

Didn't think too much of the lack of SAM turrets until last night when a VTOL gunship came in on Nuketown. Made the chopper Gunner and hind seem forgiving.

the black hat is now on all my classes, its amazing. no more care packages landing on roofs or out of the map, you can pick your own up if it comes in and you die, just point it at it and its yours in a second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I wonder how are they going to continue on from this game, especially Campaign wise?

Or is this the last COD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Allround Predator

I take it this chap doesn't like the game! :)

• Advertisement

I wonder how are they going to continue on from this game, especially Campaign wise?

Or is this the last COD?

It made over 500 million quid in 1 day. not a hope its the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Wondering what they will do next year though as the last MW was a pile of crap. BO is at least playable, I would never buy MW after the last one.

Jet Black wrote: »
    Wondering what they will do next year though as the last MW was a pile of crap. BO is at least playable, I would never buy MW after the last one.

the Price/Makarov storyline is over so they'd have to go another direction, MW is good for the big epic battles and Blops then for smaller story based missions, I wasnt a fan of Blops1's story but 2 is good, the 2025 stuff especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

krudler wrote: »
    It made over 500 million quid in 1 day. not a hope its the last one.

They always will make huge amounts of money but they're gonna end it sometime.

They always will make huge amounts of money but they're gonna end it sometime.

Its Activisions golden cow, long as people keep playing they'll keep making them, sure look at any long running game franchise, there's dozens if not hundreds of Mario games, multiple Halo's, GTA has about a dozen games, there's been a FIFA game every year, sometimes more than one a year, since the mid 90's, COD is one of those franchises now. The only thing now is the time its set, WW2 has been done to death but its been long enough where they might go back to that, or do a blops2 and have it set in very different times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Just won my first free for all in black ops 2 yaaay

anyone edited any good emblems, be interesting to see what people have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

anyone edited any good emblems, be interesting to see what people have ?

saw some idiots with nazi signs:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ziggyman17 wrote: »

Kids

nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

ziggyman17 wrote: »

i saw him too.if its the same fella he was Irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

FutureGuy wrote: »
    2007 called, they want their problem back!

Oh that's right, I forgot it doesn't happen any more in the year 2012....;)

Here is me in action with my nifty little device. No team mate is safe, your care package is MINE.

Here is me in action with my nifty little device. No team mate is safe, your care package is MINE.

im doing the same, great fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

any elite clans in need of a member?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Whats the best assault rifle??? Ive heard the fal and other burst fires are the best when there full auto but its an absolute cnut levelling them up and by the time you do your nearly prestige and have to start all over again.

For the likes of this I preffered the cod points system of BO1.

Whats the best assault rifle??? Ive heard the fal and other burst fires are the best when there full auto but its an absolute cnut levelling them up and by the time you do your nearly prestige and have to start all over again.

The FAL is a beast regardless of auto fire or not. Auto fire isn't that good as it is auto, but the fire rate is extremely slow. You can shoot much faster just tapping the button.

M27 is also good, and the M8A1 but thats unlocked at a late level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Type 25 i find is an excellent assault rifle!. Good iron sigts too so you dont need to spend a point on a sight. Smgs are the way to go though me thinks. 870 shotfun and hamr lmg are good guns too.

Assuault shield is good too, get a good few points off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MarkY91 wrote: »
    any elite clans in need of a member?

There's a Boards.ie elite clan if your interested? Just PM Cossax (he does all the invites, he says the power turns him on :confused: ) anyway, PM him and he'll sort ya out, usually 2-3 parties on BLOPs2 every night

Scar-H is amazeballs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

S12 Shotgun with range.....

pop-pop-pop You're Dead!!

Loving the Black Hat too, picking up my care package from the safetly of my camping position :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Chavways wrote: »
    Laaaaaaads..

Has anyone used the M8A1 with a red dot sight attached. That thing destroys everyone. It has unreal hip fire and can take people down with 1 burst. I've gotten at least 35 kills each game since I've started using it.

I prestiged yesterday and that was the gun I permanently unlocked. Savage at any distance.

S12 Shotgun with range.....

pop-pop-pop You're Dead!!

Loving the Black Hat too, picking up my care package from the safetly of my camping position :P

Ive start throwing care packages on rooftops knowing they cant be nicked :D

There are times where I really enjoy this game, perhaps not CoD4 enjoy but BOPS1 or MW2 enjoy. Then there are times where I feel the disc should be thrown into the depths of hell. Is it better than BOPS1? No, I don't think so. I said as much elsewhere last week but it's nowhere near as bad as that abomination that is MW3.

BOPS 2 is an SMG fest and it's a bit boring because of that. I feel almost punished if I want to try out something different outside of that gun class hence why I haven't bothered at all trying anything different since first prestige which is a rarity as I'm a gun snob of sorts and those who've played with me know some of my favourite guns are the worst, for example the Mac 11 or Olympia.

The lack of recoil a cop out on Treyarch's part. So being killed fairly fast as a result of that is quite frustrating.

Some of the maps are half and half which again, is a good thing compared to say MW3 but not to BOPS1 perhaps. Promenade, Hijacked, Express, Plaza and Yemen are good to very good maps, I particularly like the first three maps I mentioned. The issue with these maps are the fact it's all about headglitching more often than not. Talking especially in regards to playing solo which I have done in the main due to the ****ty party system on PS3. I'm an objective role player, so given the situation I'm very adaptable and capable. If I have to rush be it to slay or play the objective in this game however as such at that moment, it doesn't favour me whatsoever nine times out of ten. I don't understand why they butchered some maps with all sorts of inanimate objects sprawled across the map for people to sit back and head glitch.

This comes across as one big whine, moan and complain, I realise that though it's not my intention as I do overall enjoy the game. But there are some glaring errors on Treyarch's part in which they caved into the prepubescents and the die hard fanboi's, those that are incapable of playing anything else other than CoD... well maybe FIFA. The game as a whole feels more like an upgrade on MW3 than BOPS which is disappointing.

I'm interested in what their gameplay patch/hot fixes includes.

• Advertisement

Should say that I thoroughly love the inclusion of game type Hardpoint and what they did to Domination. But that's negated hugely by the fact they got rid of Sabotage!

Advertisement