Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most painful thing you've done?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Did in my ACL and fractured my knee playing 5 a side. Astro turf pitches are the tool of the devil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I was at a Christmas party a few weeks ago. One of the lads brought mad dog hot sauce. I put some on my fingers and rubbed it into my friends mouth, went to the toilet and ended up with a burning vagina for the next hour. Jesus it was like acid! Toilet full of girls watching me pour milk on myself! I'll never forget that pain, I cross my legs when I think about it.

I'm sorry, but that was just so funny! You're welcome for the milk by the way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Crushed cartlage in the hip from playing paintball.

Chased someone off a cliff and went PAF!

Got the kill though. Boo-ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Sar_Bear wrote: »

I'm sorry, but that was just so funny! You're welcome for the milk by the way :P

:o was hilarious alright, I dropped the glass of milk halfway through and I remember thinking 'don't cry over spilled milk' ....but my vagina is on fire!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

:o was hilarious alright, I dropped the glass of milk halfway through and I remember thinking 'don't cry over spilled milk' ....but my vagina is on fire!!!

"Hey Sar, tell the barman what happened my vagina"

*half an hour later*

"Hey barman! My vagina is ok again!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

When I was 16, I went through what I would like to call experimental but really it was just a dumb phase. A very dumb phase.

I had read somewhere that if you injected salt solution into your veins, you would die. I didn't really want to die but I wanted to see what happened. So I made a strong solution, found a needle and injected the solution up my arm. Obviously it didn't get into my veins but the pain!! Holy mother of something was it painful!! It felt like liquid fire going up my arm. I couldn't scream either as I had been doing this 'experiment' while hiding out in the box room (I was in boarding school) instead of being in class for prep, which was a punishable offense.

It was two weeks before I could move my arm from the 90 degree angle it was stuck in and someone started a rumour in school that I had been injecting myself with drugs and the multiple needle points on my forearm didn't help.

It wasn't a good time.

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    When I was 16, I went through what I would like to call experimental but really it was just a dumb phase. A very dumb phase.

I had read somewhere that if you injected salt solution into your veins, you would die. I didn't really want to die but I wanted to see what happened. So I made a strong solution, found a needle and injected the solution up my arm. Obviously it didn't get into my veins but the pain!! Holy mother of something was it painful!! It felt like liquid fire going up my arm. I couldn't scream either as I had been doing this 'experiment' while hiding out in the box room (I was in boarding school) instead of being in class for prep, which was a punishable offense.

It was two weeks before I could move my arm from the 90 degree angle it was stuck in and someone started a rumour in school that I had been injecting myself with drugs and the multiple needle points on my forearm didn't help.

It wasn't a good time.

You are an absolute fool of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Itwasntme. wrote: »

It wasn't a good time.

Christ of almighty, where do kids heads go to.

Sounds like some people have had some Saw level injuries, self inflicted or otherwise....

I got shoved backwards onto my planted foot on a muddy pitch which broke my ankle, opened my knee doing all the ligaments and sprained my hip joint, all in one move, if I could have cut off the leg and hopped away from it that day I would have - arthritis city here we come

Also, like many people I had one of those dangerous early 80's childhood sunburns that left me paralysed and hospitalised, I remember only flashes of the aftermath but I was apparently delirious for 3 days

Worst of all is being 6'3 and having to sit on a Dublin Bus seat for more than 10 minutes - it causes quadriplegia.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Flew once with an ear infection.

Little top - never do that. It hurts like hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

You are an absolute fool of the highest order.

I wish I could deny this but sadly, you are correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

When I was 15, in summer, I was climbing a tree with friends. All I'd on was shorts as it was a hot day. About the height of a two story house the branch broke and I fell to the ground. Straight into a massive clump of nettles about 3 or 4 foot tall. When I mean I was stung head to toe I mean it. I was stinging so much I hadn't realised I'd broken my wrist until the stings subsided that night.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I had my small finger crushed during a “skateboard stunt” when I was younger. The whole nerve popped out.

I also fell and hit my head off the ground. A stone got stuck in my head and it had to be cut to get the stone out.

I ate a very hot Indian food before. Felt like someone rubbed vaporub directly onto my anus

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Testicular torsion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Football in the groin
    This. I intercepted a thunderbolt of a shot with the top of my flute on a frosty November night in Terryland park. When i got up off the ground they pointed me to the sideline and i duckwalked off.

I was black and blue after it... :(

Also, burning plastic went through my shin to the bone too. That wasnt nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Snapped my femur, literally snapped. As in the bone came through the skin and trousers. It was like something from a bad gorey movie.

At the time it happened I felt nothing, lying on the ground looking at this ****ing monstrosity where my leg was. As if my brain was like "please pause, extreme pain loading".

I actually passed out several times on the way to the hospital. 6 months recovery.

Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭bowsie010

Ray von wrote: »
    I jumped out of a tree and when i landed my knee came up whacked my chin which caused my teeth to slice through my tongue which was sticking out when jumping. [/B]

Can still remember the pain of sitting in the car to hospital holding my tongue in my mouth. Still have a big scar on my tongue!

Hahaha why was your tongue out?

bowsie010 wrote: »

He was putting mascara on at the same time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

I almost cut my finger off when I was two by sticking it into a moving fan belt. Had to get the top of my finger re attached.

Broke my ankle having a piece of farm machinery crushing my ankle under it.

And a tongue piercing.

xLexie wrote: »
    I almost cut my finger off when I was two by sticking it into a moving fan belt. Had to get the top of my finger re attached.

Broke my ankle having a piece of farm machinery crushing my ankle under it.

And a tongue piercing.

I got my tongue pierced in October, had Chinese that night :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

I got my tongue pierced in October, had Chinese that night :P
    I went to work straight after having mine done. I worked in Argos at the time, and that day my manager decided to till train me, so I spent a week or so lisping "would you like to purchase illlshuuurence with that". The shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Where To wrote: »
    I poured a kettle full of boiling water on my wee finger.
    The full kettle?!

Football in the groin

The ball....your groin.....It works on so many levels!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I've broken both my arms and one of my ankles and didn't think the pain was that bad, either was getting the **** kicked of me a few times.
    Getting a kick in the balls is probably the worst thing that can happen, there's just so many different stages to the pain and there's also the worry that comes with it, it's a nightmare.
    I've also had my tale bone pinched between two joined up school benches before, that pain only lasts a few seconds but is seriously intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Gall stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Football in the groin

Hans?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Dislocated kneecap and torn ligaments at the sametime. Said kneecap didnt go back in cleanly and was grinding the knee on the way back in. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

When I was 12 I had an ingrown toenail that my dad spent months "fixing" and actually had it well on the mend, when one day a fifth year in school - who was a big girl - stepped on my foot, putting her whole weight on my toe. That was excruciating. My big wool socks were drenched in blood and I ended up needing surgery.
    I once slipped running into the house out of the rain, on the wet tiles in the front hall. Landed on my elbow. My mum and sis were coming behind me and stopped to piss themselves laughing before they saw the puddle of blood around my elbow. You could see the bone and everything! Got it stitched and then went on a night out, came home and fell out of the taxi van and broke my toenail. That was sore.
    I've loads more that I have erased from memory, I'm the clumsiest eejit you'll meet but surprisingly, I have never broken a bone. I think I'm some kind of miracle kid.

Actually, one VERY bad one that you will never ever forget if it happens to you, is when you crash your bike and your pelvic bone lands hard onto the bar in front of the seat. I remember lying on the bathroom floor clutching my girlbits sobbing as a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The full kettle?!
    Near enough, I was making a hot whiskey but there was a hole in the glass, the glass wouldn't fill so I kept pouring, pain didn't hit until 15 mins later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

bowsie010 wrote: »

My brother had a terrible habit of doing that as a child til my other brother when they were fighting accidentally roundhouse kicked him into the jaw, dislocating his lower jaw and severing the tip of his tongue.

In fairness my brother was a ferociously lanky awkward fùcker and another time lifted another brother off the ground with an almost impossible to stop circular kick where his toe caught under my brother's chest bone! We were fairly relieved when he got up after that one!

I myself was not averse to some seriously questionable self-defence tactics that nowadays would have social services on speed dial. There was a throw performed on Star Trek by Riker on a klingon which basically involved Riker spinning the klingon into a position where they were back to back, and Riker still with his hand round the klingon's throat, launched the klingon back over his shoulder.

Luckily, for both of us now I think about it, my brother was taller than I am and his centre of gravity was easily displaced, bringing him over my shoulder easier. If he'd been shorter than me, such a dangerous manoeuver could've easily snapped his neck!

Also one of the reasons I learned to turn in long handled saucepans on the cooker is because my brother pulled a large saucepan of boiling water down on top of himself as a child. He was incredibly lucky it missed his face but melted the skin on his chest. It was fascinating what surgeons could do even back then with skin grafting techniques (This was over twenty years ago!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I got kicked in the beaver by a calf.
    A horse walked on my foot & split my big toe nail.
    I got thrown from a horse mid gallop.
    I got pinned between a gate & a wall by a bull.
    I fell when drunk & tore muscles in my leg but didn't realise until I woke up the next day & got out of bed.
    I once got an ingrown hair on my hair line at the nape of my neck, it got so big & nasty it developed its own pulse.

Seriously, you were lucky the bull didn't kill you.

Advertisement