Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most painful thing you've done?

Options
  • 21-12-2012 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭

Somehow today I managed to snap my big toenail in half; across the toe half way down . It looks like a pizza slice melting when I try to lift it /stick it back on.

What's the most painful or horrible thing you've managed to see or do to yourself by accident?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

In before Lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

<awaits childbirth posts>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

In before upturned plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I gave birth to an upturned lego plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Damn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I be done walked the plank.....arrgggggg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

irish-stew wrote: »

No childbirth posts! It has to be a real injury ; not a predictable side-effect of sex!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

accidentally poured bubbling hot animal fat over my arm once, i went white and nearly fainted. i still have the scar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

reading this thread...

•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

irish-stew wrote: »

Painless with the epidural, awaits the no its not brigade.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ive put my hand through glass, ive been bottled punched kicked, ive jumped a bike off a 15 foot drop and came down on my head nearly killing myself in the process..........and yet id have to go with lego

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Football in the groin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Broken arm sucked, torn ligaments, badly bruised leg muscles.
    Took a plank of wood with a rusty nail to the forehead once, not much above my eye. :eek: Obviously it wasn't too hard, I guess I'd be dead otherwise.

Breaking bones, not fun. Girls couldn't give a toss about lads with casts either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

I got an infected tear duct once.

Doesn't sound bad but when i rubbed under my eye, i'd say about a dessertspoon worth of pus streamed outta there.

Not painful, but certainly horrible looking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Farted and sneezed at the exact same time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I got an infected tear duct once.

Doesn't sound bad but when i rubbed under my eye, i'd say about a dessertspoon worth of pus streamed outta there.

Aagh, that reminds me of the eye infection I had. Three days of feeling like I had shrapnel in my eye. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Somehow today I managed to snap my big toenail in half; across the toe half way down . It looks like a pizza slice melting when I try to lift it /stick it back on.

What's the most painful or horrible thing you've managed to see or do to yourself by accident?

I know that pain for sure, I've done the same thing once before by stubbing my toe in a door. The damaged part of the nail should fall off after a while, just keep it clean and bandage it up after the nail falls off and it will come back perfect.

sfwcork wrote: »
    Farted and sneezed at the exact same time

save energy next time and just say you snarted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Dislocated knee, torn ligaments, fractured arm, broken toes, broken heart :P, cut my other knee pretty bad with garden sheers, various shoulder, wrist and ankle injuries.

Worst was sitting through a Tommy Tiernan gig.........PAINFUL!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Sat on a pair of scissors. Into the bum cheek. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I poured a kettle full of boiling water on my wee finger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

a recent encounter with the vicious Irish/British plug!

Whoever designed them had a very dark sense of humor. When they're on the floor they invariably seem to land with the pins sticking straight up and those pins are sharp if you step out of bed onto one of them!

It seems all other plugs used elsewhere in the world either have rounder, less stabbing pins (rest of Europe) or are designed so the pins don't stand up when they're on the floor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Stubbed my little toe so hard it split it open. I couldn't breath for the pain. That was fun.

Then there was the time I sat bare arsed on my straightners while they were on, jumped up and whacked my head off the ceiling (in the attic, sloped ceiling, im not a giant). I had two owies :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Stubbed my little toe so hard it split it open. I couldn't breath for the pain. That was fun.

Then there was the time I sat bare arsed on my straightners while they were on, jumped up and whacked my head off the ceiling (in the attic, sloped ceiling, im not a giant). I had two owies :(
    And a sore head to boot. . . .

i shivered reading that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

A drunk cut my thumb pretty much off when I worked as a bouncer - he was trying to stab me in the stomach and I caught the blade, he pulled it and...oooowwwww. I then decided that my holiday in Spain the next day was more important and went on it. When I got back, the Doctor I went to had a fit, as did the hospital he sent me to. Too late to do anything as it happens, and very painful. Still is, actually, a lot of years later. I also have a .22 bullet lodged in my thigh where a lad was out to do harm to one of the other doormen and got me by mistake. I slapped down the gun and it went off. I did several laps of the block with the pain and did not feel very tough afterwards. I have a lovely scar to show for it. (Also have a tooth lodged under one of my knuckles, a large lump of steel lodged in my left hand and a big scar on my neck from a stiletto heel). I have had a lot of pain..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

i shivered reading that

I could see into my toe, was a bit fascinating!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Where To wrote: »
    I poured a kettle full of boiling water on my wee finger.

You only use one finger when going for a piss??? I usually use the fingers and thumbs for grip and direction :p

Gout was sore as was getting split open just above the eye when I was 7

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

Ran into the wall playing squash and dislocated my shoulder.

Tore my banjo string when I was 16 attempting to do you know what. Absolutely horrendous. Gimme the dislocated shoulder any day of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I was cutting chillies and went to the toilet. It still burns...

Advertisement