Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most painful thing you've done?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Car crash with 5 broken ribs.
    Broken ribs are the worst pain! It hurts to breathe, never mind laugh, sneeze, cough or lie down.

Were yours all on the one side?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Steel in the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Pottler wrote: »
    and a big scar on my neck from a stiletto heel). I have had a lot of pain..
    Doesn't count if you enjoyed it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

MagicSean wrote: »
    When I was ten I went to the doctor with a stye in my eye. The doctor decided it was a wart and proceeded to try to burn it off with liquid nitrogen. He is no longer a doctor I believe.
    :eek: Just :eek:. Blimey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

I worked as a carpenter few years ago in a workshop. One day before lunch i dropped something on the floor as i leaned down to pick it up i ran my hand along the leg of the bench, a splinter jammed under my nail it went in so far i could only see a small bit of it sticking up from the bottom of my nail. Spent my lunch with a tweezers under my nail fishing it out, not a plesent hour, broke my finger and sliced my hand a few time in there but nothing as bad as that splinter,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I fractured my hand last year but didn't know for a week, I thought it was just badly bruised because there wasn't that much pain and people always said it was really bad. I went to the doctor after a week and he told me to go straight to the hospital, cast on for 6 weeks. The only time I ever really felt the pain was when the doctor was setting the cast around my hand and kept squeezing it. According to the doctor I have a very high pain threshold, but yet I have fainted from period pain.

The worst pain I have ever had was a tooth abcess, it drove me demented to the point where I sat in the car after coming out of the dentists and beat the steering wheel with my hands just to feel pain somewhere else. I couldnt sit still and was like a bear for the whole week. Needless to say I would take a year with a broken hand over a week with an abcess. Cruel, unending, nervy pain that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I remember when I was 14 pulling back the foreskin over mr mushroom head for the first time being pretty sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭JamieKCCO

Drunkenly messing around after the club one night, I tripped and landed teeth first on the edge of the curb...my buddy was nice enough to pick up my teeth for me but I was drunk so threw them away again...

So I got them fixed and about two months later I was attacked by 6 guys and had them all knocked out again, now I have 2 titanium bars holding them in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ItsNoAlias

Dislocated my ankle on a walk to drogheda, was in the middle of nowhere and didnt have a mobile phone so started to walk (hobble) home. When i finally made it back to Dublin I couldnt get my ankle out of my boot. Blacked out as soon as I sat down, woke up in dilerious pain about half an hour later when my sister popped in back in properly. Turns out I had also torn ligiments.

The only other time I can remember being in that much pain was when my grommit was falling out but it got caught and scrapped my ear drum. Doctor is still baffled as to why that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I'm very surprised no one has mentioned losing to last minute goal in Fifa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

When I was about 5, I spilt my head off a book shelf when my brother threw a hot water bottle at me, I was actually due to go for an operation that day to remove a lump from my head but the book shelf did most of the work for me.
    Also dislocated my hip from falling off a hourse, as I fell off my body did a full 360 as one of my feet was still caught in the stirrup, very very very very very very very very very painful and to add to the pain I had just bought a very expensive pair of leather boots the day before which had to be cut off me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I was at a Christmas party a few weeks ago. One of the lads brought mad dog hot sauce. I put some on my fingers and rubbed it into my friends mouth, went to the toilet and ended up with a burning vagina for the next hour. Jesus it was like acid! Toilet full of girls watching me pour milk on myself! I'll never forget that pain, I cross my legs when I think about it.

When was about 8 I was on my brothers motor bike, got off the wrong side and ended up sticking my knee to the exhaust, my brother dragged me off it and all the skin on my knee was melted and peeling off. I was wearing shorts like an idiot...still have that scar!

I Have cysts growing out of my spine, I was standing behind the door and my friend pushed it open and sent the door handle straight into one of the cysts, I buckled to the floor and made some weird noises, that was probably the worst pain I've ever felt..couldn't breath and thought I was going to pass out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Woke up more than once with the biggest mother of all hangovers in the world,would have agreed to anything to make the pain stop and did :-)

Scalded myself when I was ickle and my dad threw me under cold water and pulled my t-shirt off but my skin had melted and the t-shirt was stuck to it....yeh that was pretty painful. I got me a cool scar though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Second-degree sunburn to my feet/lower legs I think was the worst. Still have very faint shading to this day (happened a few years ago). Lots of massive blisters but it was the small ones that seemed most painful. Couldn't walk properly and feet and ankles had swollen to the extent I couldn't fit my shoes on.

Worst immediate pain would be falling out of a hammock and spraining my toes back, nearly passed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 trxking

looked at this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

Most of mine have been hitting a small toe off a door frame in bare feet and the like. Comical injuries mostly. My main serious one though was one time a few years ago when I was playing ''Wall Wars'' with mates. The objective was for everyone to stand on a garden wall and try to push each other off while avoiding falling off yourself. One guy who I pushed off got revenge by grabbing my leg, making me fall backwards onto a couple of rock edgings. My back was killing me for over a week afterwards, could barely walk and although nothing seemed to be broken or dislocated, it was definitely a narrow escape and I'm thankful to this day for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I got kicked in the beaver by a calf.
    A horse walked on my foot & split my big toe nail.
    I got thrown from a horse mid gallop.
    I got pinned between a gate & a wall by a bull.
    I fell when drunk & tore muscles in my leg but didn't realise until I woke up the next day & got out of bed.
    I once got an ingrown hair on my hair line at the nape of my neck, it got so big & nasty it developed its own pulse.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Draydis80

Sliothar in the groin, thankfully the family jewels were intact!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

ted1 wrote: »
    I was cutting chillies and went to the toilet. It still burns...

+1 working as a commis chef and had to go home from work. That was 2 weeks after I stepped into 40 litres of vegetable soup and had to go home from work. Unsuprisingly, I'm not a chef anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Blew out my ACL playing American football.
    Tore all the tissue in my foot playing American football (my foot tried to fold)
    Ruptured my quadricep playing American football
    Got my thumb caught in a car door, ripping the bottom of my nail out of the skin

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I took an arrow to the knee

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

I've broken my elbow, my other arm, my thigh, my shin, two ribs, my cheekbone, all the bones across one foot and countless fingers all in different activities.

However, the sorest thing that ever happened to be was when my ACL snapped in a soccer match. I was crying and I had never cried with any of the others. Pain is uncomparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Once had someone slam a car door on my hand by accident.. The door was fully shut on my hand, they had also locked it before they got out meaning they had to climb in to unlock it, painful!!
    Also poured a hot milkless cup of tea on my arm one night, lucky I had a few drinks taken to numb the pain, felt it the day after though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

I jumped out of a tree and when i landed my knee came up whacked my chin which caused my teeth to slice through my tongue which was sticking out when jumping.

Can still remember the pain of sitting in the car to hospital holding my tongue in my mouth. Still have a big scar on my tongue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Stuck my fingers into a stack of roll cages, cages shifted and nearly took my fingers off. Painful.

Also wake up with a cramp in the leg every now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A kettle of boiling water was knocked over me when I was three months old, scalding my shoulder and chest ~ I can still remember some bits of it, and I'm 46 now!.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Collapsed lung.

It wasn't the fact that it was collapsed that was painful, more so the recovery time after the corrective surgery that was needed to sort it out.

They removed the lining of the lung, snipped off the top of it as that is when the problem was, clasped the top of the lung back together again with little staples, and then the lung was fused to my chest wall using a medical adhesive.Had a tube stuck into my chest for the next week that was draining the excess fluid. The following weeks were painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

In a motorbike accident recently, broke my collarbone in 4 places. Never experienced pain like it in my 42 years!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Limped and crawled 3 miles for help with a broken leg after i crashed with my offroad motorcycle.
    Broke my arm falling of a tree.
    Broken thumb playing football.
    Broken finger playing football.
    Broke my elbow working on a offshore vessel the North Sea.
    Broken front teeth playing icehockey.
    Broken nose playing ice hockey.
    Severly burned after getting boiling water over my arm.

Advertisement