Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most painful thing you've done?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Car crash with 5 broken ribs.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My appendix burst as they were taking them out. What ever puss or acid was in them, stung the crap out of where they were sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

ted1 wrote: »
    I was cutting chillies and went to the toilet. It still burns...

We have a winner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭LiffeyValleyB

ted1 wrote: »
    I was cutting chillies and went to the toilet. It still burns...
    Did this and put contact lens in, nearly blinded myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Car crash with 5 broken ribs.

were you swerving to avoid an alien aircraft?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Did this and put contact lens in, nearly blinded myself
    Why would you put a contact lens in your willy?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Where To wrote: »
    Why would you put a contact lens in your willy?

He got his 'eyes' mixed up ;)

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Got stamped on in a match and cut my ear in half took 34 stitches to put bac together still bad scar.still not as painful as dislocating my hip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

When I was younger we used to have a sofa with wooden arms, anyway me and my brother were standing on the arms and jumping over to the next one...but I missed and ended up landing on it with my teeth, my 2 front teeth were hanging on by the roots and there was a deep bite mark in the wooden arm of the chair :(
    The dentist fixed my teeth but I remember living off frozen pureed strawberries for weeks after that.

The other day I was out shopping and stupidly managed to scratch my eye with a paper bag, it was so painful and I had to stand there like a muppet in the shop looking like I was blind and had just burst into tears. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Banjo string/thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Pottler wrote: »
    A drunk cut my thumb pretty much off when I worked as a bouncer - he was trying to stab me in the stomach and I caught the blade, he pulled it and...oooowwwww. I then decided that my holiday in Spain the next day was more important and went on it. When I got back, the Doctor I went to had a fit, as did the hospital he sent me to. Too late to do anything as it happens, and very painful. Still is, actually, a lot of years later. I also have a .22 bullet lodged in my thigh where a lad was out to do harm to one of the other doormen and got me by mistake. I slapped down the gun and it went off. I did several laps of the block with the pain and did not feel very tough afterwards. I have a lovely scar to show for it. (Also have a tooth lodged under one of my knuckles, a large lump of steel lodged in my left hand and a big scar on my neck from a stiletto heel). I have had a lot of pain..
    Jesus, where were you bouncing? What lovely clientele!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

superblu wrote: »
    Ran into the wall playing squash and dislocated my shoulder.

Tore my banjo string when I was 16 attempting to do you know what. Absolutely horrendous. Gimme the dislocated shoulder any day of the week.

Squash injuries are normally the worst-I'd say after reading Pottlers post he is grimacing in pain just thinking about a game of squash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Owen_S wrote: »
    Banjo string/thread

honestly?

i dread that happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Dislocated knee, torn ligaments, fractured arm, broken toes, broken heart :P, cut my other knee pretty bad with garden sheers, various shoulder, wrist and ankle injuries.

Worst was sitting through a Tommy Tiernan gig.........PAINFUL!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Tried to do a flip on my bike when I was 7 and knocked myself out woke up and the handle bar (which had no grips)had made its way into my bicep but luckily didn't pass through the other side
    12 stitches is all I got and lost a good chunk of meat
    Funny thinkin back now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

I blew my head off with a shotgun once :cool:

Wins thread/

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

honestly?

i dread that happening

A lot of blood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Ear sliced off I assume. I don't remember pain as such, kinda went into shock when my ear was on my shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Built a gokart as a kid - pram wheels, wooden frame, low to the ground.
    Brother wanted a go on it one day and I was giving him a push. Was just building up good speed when he leaned back, the back of the cart tipped down, bring my fingers in touch with te road - ripped 4 or 5 fingernails clean off.
    That hurt. It hurt A LOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Burnt my entire hand with dry ice. That was a bad day :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

I got my nipple pierced by some auld fella in the George street arcade years ago. It was the good old days when they used guns instead of needles. His shop was at the front door, so you were practically standing outside on Georges street. Just had to lift up my tshirt.

Twas a particularly cold morning and my wee nips were fairly erect.
    On his first attempt, his hand slipped and he shot the stud in arseways so he had to punch it twice. I was left with a huge hole in my left nipple, so big that the stud kept falling out. Hole has closed over now but I have been left with a permanently erect left nipple.

Anyways enough about my S&M encounters.

Most painful thing was the day after I got 3 wisdom teeth removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Dislocated my knee

Chopped off the top of my thumb( I was only 3 so I don't remember it, parents describe as a stuck pig level of pain noise)

Got hit on the hole by a nissan micra (nice cheeky bruise, knocked the mirror off)

Came of my bike coming down christchurch hill (chain snapped, half over the handlebars, big mess)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Valkerie33

When I was 10 (I think), I decided that I could ride my bike (an Eska) down the long straight lane between our houses at high speed with my eyes closed.

Reckoned I could keep it straight. Well it didn’t go according to plan; I veered left and at high speed ground my left hand into the concrete wall. I almost severed my little finger. Remember looking in awe at the tendons and muscle flesh that I exposed. Jasus, if only we had camera phones back then!!

God Bless Temple Street, they fixed me up right, wouldn’t even know I had been so stupid...

Then , there was the time we put a full calor kosangas cylinder into our Halloween bonfire, well let’s not go into that in further details apart to say it was epic.

Valkerie33

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭lc180

I once tore the ligaments in my knee while drunk dancing at a Eurovision house party.

It took 2 doc visits, 1 MRI scan, 7 weeks of intense physio and 1 never-ending limp before I was cured.

I think the most painful bit was it happening at a Eurovision party! Jaysus the humiliation......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Where To wrote: »
    I poured a kettle full of boiling water on my wee finger.
    I knocked a saucepan of boiling water over my head and shoulder when I was 5. The whole left side of my head (ear in particular) and left shoulder were destroyed. Amazingly apart from a small scar on my shoulder, I healed completely. And I didn't even go to hospital!

I also put my hand in a cup of tea when I was 6 months old. Only time I've been in hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

When I was ten I went to the doctor with a stye in my eye. The doctor decided it was a wart and proceeded to try to burn it off with liquid nitrogen. He is no longer a doctor I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Broke my 5th metatarsal when I was 13, on one if those dance mat yokey mabobs. Heard the bone snap, I'll never forget it. I also remember one of the first things my mam said while I was lying on the floor screaming in pain was "shur David Beckham broke that bone and he was back playing in no time" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Oh and sciatica is a bitch too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Snapped my achilles while out running. Pain was unreal. Took forever to heal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I was about seven or eight and our neighbour used keep horses in a field near us. I decided to copy something I had seen on tv where the guy jumps up on the horse from behind. I took a run at the horse from behind and basically faceplanted his àrse hole. The horse reacted by giving me a swift hind kick into the chest and knocking the wind out of me.

I lay there til I caught my breath and went to get up off the ground. I didn't realise the horse was standing over me and quickly turned around to run. I got about twenty yards with the horse bolting after me before I tripped over a hard cow pat and fell. The horse pummelled my body for what seemed like an age, I thought if I just played dead he'd eventually stop. Horses it seems do not react the same way as bears. They also have incredible stamina. Eventually, he did indeed get tired, and strolled off as if nothing had happened. Miraculously I didn't suffer any broken bones, but my whole body felt like I had just been tenderised by a butchers mallet!

Another field had a wire fence around it, about a metre off the ground, enough for your average ten year old to slip under with a swift limbo movement. I took hold of the fence with both hands and was already halfway through the limbo movement when I realised something was very wrong. The fence was electrified! I let go of the fence but my bodily momentum meant my body was already straightening back up as I let out a scream. I caught the fence with my four front teeth and it yanked them in an upward direction, delivering a second round of thumping electricity!

I finished the movement in a heap on the ground with my four front teeth protruding like I'd suddenly acquired a set of joke buck teeth! I pushed my teeth back in and half an hour later you wouldn't even have known, but given that my friends witnessed the event, I was called "goofy" for months afterwards!

Advertisement