Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOTO GP 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Cal Crutchlow has confirmed on twitter that he will not be riding for Ducati next season.
    Don't thing he has done himself any favours by saying that Ducati "lied" to him.
    Tech 3 Yamaha is his only viable option now - which should finally put the nail in the coffin re Bradley Smiths elevation to Moto GP.

Dovi has admitted to being in discussions but states the deal is not done -sure Hayden was delighted to hear Dovi saying he was going there as Number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

massive crash for Stoner suspected broken ankle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

This is crazy ****. Hope they are all okay. Stoner, Spies, Hayden and a load of Moto3 boys. Hope they will all be okay.

Something seriously up there.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Spies back up on the bike anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Grim. wrote: »
    massive crash for Stoner suspected broken ankle

Savage crash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

That was not pleasant to watch : Irony that Moto 2 was the only session not red flagged.

Update is Nicky Hayden will miss the race - declared unfit - fractures to his right hand,
    Casey Stoner is hoping to race despite ligament damage.

Ben Spies will race and Tony Elias has replaced Hector Barbara whose out of the Brno race as well.

All left corner accidents,Hopefully the warm up and race will see no more crashes.

Should be an interesting race if nothing else. I can't see Spies doing much if he's injured. Pity about Hayden, that's just bad luck. I reckon Lorenzo has it in the bag unless Dani disappears into the distance. Dovi for a podium anyone???

Still no confirmation wether Stoner will ride or not but I think Dani could run away with it today. He has been fast all weekend.

On a side note check out Eugene Laverty's twitter page. He has a link to a pic on how the marshalls handled Barbera after his crash. It's disgraceful. Can't seem to link it on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

h3000 wrote: »
    Still no confirmation wether Stoner will ride or not but I think Dani could run away with it today. He has been fast all weekend.

Casey has just been declared fit to race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Brilliant moto 3 race

• Advertisement

Grim. wrote: »
    Brilliant moto 3 race

Yeah it a great race, delighted for
    Salom to get his first win.

For anyone interested I have just posted a couple of articles on the site. One is about Rossi and the difficulties that he has had at Ducati and leaving for Yamaha. It's got quotes from Stoner, Lorenzo and Rossi all giving their thoughts on his decision to leave Ducati.

Im also just after writing a piece about how Dorna has failed their moral obligation to look after rider safety and how a percentage of the race sanctioning fee, somewhere in the region of 9-11 million per race should be spent on improving rider safety and having full time marshals.

Unbelievable hard luck again for
    Spies

Unbelievable hard luck again for
    Spies

Absolutely gutted for him!!! He really does have the worst luck!! What does he have to do!! :(

frostie500 wrote: »
    For anyone interested I have just posted a couple of articles on the site. One is about Rossi and the difficulties that he has had at Ducati and leaving for Yamaha. It's got quotes from Stoner, Lorenzo and Rossi all giving their thoughts on his decision to leave Ducati.

One of the best articles I've ever read!! Explains everything very well. I liked it!

One of the best articles I've ever read!! Explains everything very well. I liked it!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I can't help thinking that we are lucky to have seen Stoner in action.
    4th with a foot as badly mangled as his, was an incredible feat.

CJhaughey wrote: »

He had a lot of trouble even getting off the bike after the race.

CJhaughey wrote: »

A lot of them have done similar though...Cal in Silverstone this year. Last place to 6th with a busted ankle! :eek:

Lorenzo did it a couple of years ago, had to be lifted on and off the bike.

Not taking anything from Stoner, but a lot of the riders have done it at one point or other. It's what separates them from everyone else, brave, bally, passionate....some lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Yikert

I suppose you would have expected CS to cry off, he doesnt have to do this any more so hats off to him.... Was there 2 blow ups yesterday or was it two different angles?

• Advertisement

Yikert wrote: »
    I suppose you would have expected CS to cry off, he doesnt have to do this any more so hats off to him....

It's pretty clear that's not what he was implying at all, rather that we've seen riders race with similar injuries in the past. I dont think it diminishes Stoner's determination to admit that other riders have raced injured at various points of their careers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Yikert wrote: »
    I suppose you would have expected CS to cry off, he doesnt have to do this any more so hats off to him....QUOTE]

I for one wouldnt have expected him or any other rider to "cry off" as you put it.........to finish even 10th in that race would have been a remarkable result ...no doubt Hayden would have raced too but for that concussion clause....

Again...Spies just has no luck at all....

Nicky is not looking good for Brno

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Right I have decided to stop watching Moto GP. Another snoozefest of a race the Moto GP organisers have to do something.

You should watch the Moto3 and Moto2 races. They're ten times more exciting than the MotoGP class.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

That I do but the MotoGP is what I turn on the TV for. Its a sad state of affairs when F1 is more exciting :pac: My mates say that World Superbikes is the one to watch now.

Hands down, WSBK is the one to watch. More overtaking on 1 lap than the whole of a Moto GP race.

That I do but the MotoGP is what I turn on the TV for. Its a sad state of affairs when F1 is more exciting :pac: My mates say that World Superbikes is the one to watch now.

WSBK is excllent alright. Eurosport seem to be showing some of the Irish & UK road racing now, those guys are clearly nuts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I think BSB and WSBK is the best short circuit stuff at the moment, road racing is a whole other animal and different to watch.
    MotoGP is great for the technology and bikes but it can be very processional, the gap between Factory-Satellite-CRT is just too big.
    The move to 4strokes really made it prohibitively expensive for privateers compared to the 500 class.
    Even now if the factories could lease the previous years bikes to teams that could afford it, it would be a better way of filling the grid.
    Apparently HRC will make a spec version of the RCV next year available to all who can pay but the gap will still be there.
    Oh how I miss the days of Doohan, Gardner, Schwantz, Lawson and Rainey that was pretty good racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Yikert

True, great races this season from the other classes. That moto 3 from a few weeks back was measured first in hundreds then in thousands of a second. You cant get closer than that. I still watch because I love the fact that they are proto-type machines, they need to do this to push the technology on.

• Advertisement

Aye, seen that alright. It'll be interesting to see how HE gets on with it.

Advertisement