Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good form, bad form & everything in between?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I can empathise with this guy big time.
    http://blog.richmond.edu/heroes/files/2010/07/380339230_dc24b3ad6b.jpg

Everything seems to be stuck in the same old tired routine.
    I live in Cork but work in Dublin (work is not that challenging either)
    Don't know anyone either in Dublin.
    Feel good physically anyway as I'm training for the Dublin marathon.
    Ironically this contributes to the monotony (mile after mile, carb after carb)

So it's a mixed bag for me currently. :):(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Started off in decent enough form. As the day went on and stuff happened both in work and, more importantly for me, out of work, it got progressively worse.

Just feeling a little bit down now.

have football in a couple of hours though, and kicking the shite out of a poor inanimate leather ball for an hour or so will cheer me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

A week or two ago i posted in here about how i was in absolutely terrible form, a few of you told me quite rightly that things only get worse before they get better.

Life's seemed to have turned around and hugely improved in the few days, i'm so happy and content thanks everyone for your kind words.

good form:P

we won the football, but still pissed off.

Actually i'm now more annoyed with myself than anything, which is annoying me even more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Lost money on the games at the weekend as well as Kerry losing was pretty pissed off but went into college today and realised that a lot of my 4th year subjects are really interesting and should be in no way painful to learn hurrah!

Also my new beard continues to come on in leaps and bounds.

On a more serious note last year practically all of my friends except one left Cork or moved out really far into the country so I kind of resigned myself to being more or less on my own until I finished college because I always considered myself kinda crap at making friends. It was only last week I realised how many friends I have made in the last year when pushed to...

Overall very good form:)

Hope all of you guys feeling low start having a better time of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

im in good form lads,last two years were hard on me but i seem to be geting back on track:).
    im starting kickboxing tomorrow.this time last year i was 15stone 5 im 10stone 1 now and feel good

I do kickboxing myself mate. It's damn addictive. Send us an aul PM or visitor message or something and let me know how you're getting on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

2 more days and then I'm finished placement. \0/ Today was a good day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Have had a bastard bitch of a tooth ache all day,I reckon I have an abscess or there is one in the post and I couldnt get an appointment til the morning so have been eating painkillers to beat the band.Stupid tooth.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm on cloud nine, I finally got a job related to my degree and it's something I've a huge interest in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Learned about breastfeeding and all that stuff the last few days. Interesting stuff. - happy

facebook stuff people are whining about - If all you have to give out about on a wednesday night is how good/lame the new facebook layout is, then you've not much to give out about in the first place. Fact. Lighten up.

• Advertisement

For the first time in a long time I've been feeling content recently - not overly happy but, at the same time, not down, which is a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Will wrote: »
    Learned about breastfeeding and all that stuff the last few days. Interesting stuff. - happy

facebook stuff people are whining about - If all you have to give out about on a wednesday night is how good/lame the new facebook layout is, then you've not much to give out about in the first place. Fact. Lighten up.

Yip, t'is all over my timeline as well.

Like babies they are.

I am once again in good form. Last few days were ropey with anxiety, panic attacks and random **** going down.

I also set my kitchen on fire earlier...which was a brief interlude of excitement!

What exactly is different with Facebook? I've been using my phone to access everything, so there's nothing different with their mobile version.

It does seem odd to potentially change it for the worse the same day/week that Google+ goes public.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭I made the BBC

What exactly is different with Facebook? I've been using my phone to access everything, so there's nothing different with their mobile version.

It does seem odd to potentially change it for the worse the same day/week that Google+ goes public.

Mine is slightly different on my phone,but I think I'll cope,unlike everyone else if my news feed is anything to go by! :pac:

I suppose it gets people talking about fb and distracts from Google+. No such thing as bad publicity and all that!

Mine is slightly different on my phone,but I think I'll cope,unlike everyone else if my news feed is anything to go by! :pac:

I suppose it gets people talking about fb and distracts from Google+. No such thing as bad publicity and all that!

If anything, it's increased the mention of G+ on my newsfeed due to people's annoyance with FB constantly making changes, rarely making it better - I mean whoever thought that the new chat system was a good idea should be fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭I made the BBC

If anything, it's increased the mention of G+ on my newsfeed due to people's annoyance with FB constantly making changes, rarely making it better - I mean whoever thought that the new chat system was a good idea should be fired.

I really really hate the new chat thing. It's ok on my phone,just like the old way. But when I log in on a computer the end result is always the same.....blind fury,wild clicking and shouting "why won't you go away!?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

what i dont get is face book is free yet they complain when they change something...

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

i think the new chat system is fine,in fact most of the new changes seem good albeit the judgement is still out on t he most recent ones, the amount of complaining is rediculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Is this the GC version of what mad me sad frown etc..? :)
    In that case I'd be feeling better if my arms would move.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My mate is out of hospital after two and a half months. He had a load of fluid in his lungs which moved to his heart.

After a successful heart procedure, they've let him home.

I'm ecstatic that he's home. It's not the same without him around.

Finally some great news.

• Advertisement

YAAAAY

I won the lotto!!

OK, so it's only €35 but that means that yesterday I won money, my normal personality returned and the little black storm cloud that has been following me around since monday disappeared and happy GC came out to play, and a seriously gorgeous lady friend of mine contacted me out of the blue and drinks night out arranged for when she comes back from her holidays in 3 weeks...

having said that, i'm still jealous of the lucky cow considering she has a 3 week holiday in the sun coming up... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

As suspected,I have an abscess on my tooth so am on anti biotics for the next 5 days.Been walking around all day with a head like a burst mattress.

On the plus side I get to have root canal surgery done next Thursday at 8:20 am.

:D

Wait a minute,thats not right.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Crappy day really. No more needs to be said.

As suspected,I have an abscess on my tooth so am on anti biotics for the next 5 days.Been walking around all day with a head like a burst mattress.

On the plus side I get to have root canal surgery done next Thursday at 8:20 am.

:D

Wait a minute,thats not right.

:pac:

the codean will make it right :)

I want to punch bill gates in the face for sucessfully making the most crappy operating system ever

and let this be a warning windows is Sh1t... there no ooo but oo but... its utter crap Id like to reset my display settings but windows doesnt like this oooo no it says i have to be an administrator.... yes...

wait I am but I want my lap top screen as #1 and my external as #2 but no my external screen has to be #1 and my lap top screen has to be #2

god i cant wait to get an apple :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Good form in the main. Just realised a friend of mine deleted their facebook though. They went abroad a while back, had a bit of a crap time recently with one or two things going on. Hope they're ok and get in contact soon.

After weeks of looking for a new house and having students get the rooms I really wanted, I finally landed a one in an area I've been trying to get into for years. Lovely housemates, gorgeous view from my bedroom and a really well-kept area.

I'm quite chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

After weeks of looking for a new house and having students get the rooms I really wanted, I finally landed a one in an area I've been trying to get into for years. Lovely housemates, gorgeous view from my bedroom and a really well-kept area.

I'm quite chuffed.

I'm pretty jealous, I am in the process of searching for a new place to live, now I fly admit I am being picky in what I want but even still after a week of looking it gets pretty disheartening at the amount of bad properties out there.

Maguined wrote: »
    I'm pretty jealous, I am in the process of searching for a new place to live, now I fly admit I am being picky in what I want but even still after a week of looking it gets pretty disheartening at the amount of bad properties out there.

Guh you should have seen the amount of terrible places I saw, especially for the prices they were charging. Sometimes I don't understand the need for adding on an ensuite, thus making the room itself a lot smaller.

made 300 euros for a days work :) i also topped my milage in two weeks of a spectacular 2000kms :D takes a bow :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Had a bit of a roll for the past two weeks.

-Properly moved into a new, stunning house with my mates

-Got accepted into a CCNA networking course, part time for the next year

-Got a new job with a networking company which is huge seeing as I'm only in the process of getting my first networking cert. and hopefully another step up in my career which is still in it's baby steps, so filling out my notice in my old job atm.

- Booked tickets to see Dylan Moran my favourite comedian in Cork in November

- Then flew out last Saturday to Mallorca and chilled out for the week in the sun

It'll be a while before I have a week as eventful as that again I'd imagine and I haven't been this happy in a long time :)

Advertisement