Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Story1970

Still Waiting since March 2007 .... Nearly there now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Yup, you'll be waiting awhile

Yea no particualr rush, up to my eyes with omac at the mo and hopefully from sept will have college ontop so atleast giving myself time to let everything calm down a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bohs123

Hi Guys, got word I passed the interview and tests start of may and handed in form G2 few days afterwards. not a word since, do you have to meet the local superintendant like you do for the garda trainee??

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mountain Man

Bohs123 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, got word I passed the interview and tests start of may and handed in form G2 few days afterwards. not a word since, do you have to meet the local superintendant like you do for the garda trainee??

You normally meet local seregant and super. Vetting process takes awhile, unless you don't have many relatives. I've been waiting over a year for mine to clear and now going for med shortly.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bohs123

You normally meet local seregant and super. Vetting process takes awhile, unless you don't have many relatives. I've been waiting over a year for mine to clear and now going for med shortly.

Best of luck with it.
    Cheers good luck to you too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 donal1234

I have just had my interview(26/06/08) with the super,all went well so now its a matter of waiting for the medical.I have to say that everyone at my local Garda station were helpful and nice:cool:donal1234

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

donal1234 wrote: »
    I have just had my interview(26/06/08) with the super,all went well so now its a matter of waiting for the medical.I have to say that everyone at my local Garda station were helpful and nice:cool:donal1234

Hey i had my interview with the super a few weeks ago aswell....... Just woundering are you still waiting on backround checks ?? I am anyways! Hopefully ill meet you in templemore nxth month nd we can have a pin t :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

anyone get the online survey today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

lehanemore wrote: »

I got that online survey thing today aswell. I don't have much too say given I still haven't heard anything 3 months on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 donal1234

Hey i had my interview with the super a few weeks ago aswell....... Just woundering are you still waiting on backround checks ?? I am anyways! Hopefully ill meet you in templemore nxth month nd we can have a pin t :D;)
    I was told that everything was in order,only the medical to worry about now.I really hope that I get the chance to have that pint with you in Templemore,donal1234:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blondy99

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of filling in the initial interview application form to be called for first interview for the GR.

However... my husband has a criminal conviction for assault for which he got 3 years suspended. This was years ago while he was young and foolish but will this stand against me in the background check???

any help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

blondy99 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I am currently in the process of filling in the initial interview application form to be called for first interview for the GR.

However... my husband has a criminal conviction for assault for which he got 3 years suspended. This was years ago while he was young and foolish but will this stand against me in the background check???

any help appreciated.

Just giving my opinion here, but it might and it mightn't. Probably depends on how long ago it was etc. But work away with the application and see what happens. I wouldn't lie on the application, just be honest and hope for the best.

hi mountain man did you get a date for your medical yet

Just PM'd you.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

lehanemore wrote: »

Yep I did the other day, still haven't done it though :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

Anyone having their Medicals on 10 July in Phoenix Park?

MasterSun wrote: »
    Anyone having their Medicals on 10 July in Phoenix Park?

I am MasterSun.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Story1970

What was the on line survey about ? March 07 applied and still waiting :mad:

Story1970 wrote: »

It just was for reserve gardai and people in the process, basically how the application process went for you..

You'll be waiting awhile!

Story1970 wrote: »

here is the survey link
    <snip>

MasterSun wrote: »
    here is the survey link
    <snip>

You shouldn't really post that link.. Its only to be completed by people who public office asked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

He's right. Only people who were asked should know the URL and do the survey. Because there is a possibility of people messing around by completing the survey who aren't really supposed to, I have removed the URL and I will ask that you don't post it again.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

Hi All,

This sure is a long thread, but it seems to be the place to be if you are interested in the Garda Reserve. I've been thinking about the reserve since it was first announced, but last week I took the plunge and applied on publicjobs.ie. How long on average should it be before I get my first contact from the GR office? I'm a bit confused about the application process as I see people talking about an 'interview application form' on this thread - I presume this is not the simple online application on publicjobs? Is there anyone else out there thats recently started on the journey to being a new recruit?

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

stiofanD wrote: »
    Hi All,

This sure is a long thread, but it seems to be the place to be if you are interested in the Garda Reserve. I've been thinking about the reserve since it was first announced, but last week I took the plunge and applied on publicjobs.ie. How long on average should it be before I get my first contact from the GR office? ...

people have said that no contact will be made during the summer months ... I myself applied mid-April and have received no contact to date; others then have heard after a month ... seems to vary on location and whether they are looking for recruits in your area

Hi All,

This sure is a long thread, but it seems to be the place to be if you are interested in the Garda Reserve. I've been thinking about the reserve since it was first announced, but last week I took the plunge and applied on publicjobs.ie. How long on average should it be before I get my first contact from the GR office? I'm a bit confused about the application process as I see people talking about an 'interview application form' on this thread - I presume this is not the simple online application on publicjobs? Is there anyone else out there thats recently started on the journey to being a new recruit?

Stephen

Same as myself, applied couple of weeks ago, so well wait and see, if they dont do it during the summer i might just encouter you during the process

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

thanks. Fingers crossed the process won't go too slow as I'm eager to get into it, but maybe the long process is one way to verify your commitment to the GR...

PS, like the ticker in your sig Fyr.Fytr

thanks. Fingers crossed the process won't go too slow as I'm eager to get into it, but maybe the long process is one way to verify your commitment to the GR...

PS, like the ticker in your sig Fyr.Fytr
    Cheers
    sfhawke7w wrote: »
    had my meeting with the sergeant on saturday morning, waiting to hear about medical date now

the process does seem quite slow.

How'd that go fo you?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pat1187

kerry4sam wrote: »
    people have said that no contact will be made during the summer months ... I myself applied mid-April and have received no contact to date; others then have heard after a month ... seems to vary on location and whether they are looking for recruits in your area

more than likely it has to do with the number of recruits that will be doing Phase 2 training in your area, its probably not cost effective to give 56 hours training to one person at a time, although it has may have been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

Not yet just dropped in my GR 2 ;)- thanks a mill for that :)

CO19 wrote: »
    Did they tell you which eye was the problem or did they say that both needed to be corrected ?

both

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Manwise Bumwell

need some advice, I have my interview this wednesday. I have just completed my leaving cert. but failed maths. Im in the process of having it rechecked but I wont find out what the results are for another few weeks. will it be a major issue? Will i still be eligable for the reserve? i know maths are a requirement for the gaurds and the reserve. worst case scenario i may have to repeat maths next year but will this affect my application as i actually applied before i had my leaving cert. Im not unintelligent just maths is my downfall as I had a teacher who would constantly not turn up and or be late for classes for 2 years. any advice would be much appreciated. - Phil

Advertisement