Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VII: The Fan-base Awakens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Tom Daly must surely be due a go soon? In third year of the academy and been playing for the A team the past two seasons and played for the Irish Sevens team before Christmas . He was great too at the U20 world cup a few seasons ago.

Meh. Hes been decent whenever Ive seen him but he doesnt strike me as dynamic enough for senior/European rugby and certainly doesnt seem like our long term answer at 12. You never know I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Tox56 wrote: »
    Meh. Hes been decent whenever Ive seen him but he doesnt strike me as dynamic enough for senior/European rugby and certainly doesnt seem like our long term answer at 12. You never know I suppose

That's what I've always thought, maybe the 7s experience will bring it out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Tox56 wrote: »

Himself and Tom Farrell seem to be the go-to combo for the A's. So if Leinster dont get Henshaw we're in trouble. Could Crosbie play 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Himself and Tom Farrell seem to be the go-to combo for the A's. So if Leinster dont get Henshaw we're in trouble. Could Crosbie play 12?

I think Crosbie's future is at 12, based on what I have seen.

One of his few appearances for Leinster (when he got a lot of minutes) was at thirteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Tom Daly must surely be due a go soon? In third year of the academy and been playing for the A team the past two seasons and played for the Irish Sevens team before Christmas . He was great too at the U20 world cup a few seasons ago.

He hurt his knee in an A game so has been out for last few weeks - due back soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

What's the story with Mick Kearney is he far off a return to playing? The last thing I could find was this that said he's due back in the new year, i.e. sometime soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

b.gud wrote: »
    What's the story with Mick Kearney is he far off a return to playing? The last thing I could find was this that said he's due back in the new year, i.e. sometime soon

there was something said about him returning in the middle of this month by guy easterbuy around the time of the Bath game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I know there is time but we could really do with a signing or two for next year, losing Madigan Moore Teo and possibly Ryan is going to make a dent in things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

salmocab wrote: »
    I know there is time but we could really do with a signing or two for next year, losing Madigan Moore Teo and possibly Ryan is going to make a dent in things.

Healy rumoured to be a target for worcester to

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

We need a good couple of signings at 9 and centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

The Big Interview: Shane Jennings hits hard — on and off the field

Saturday, February 06, 2016
    By Kieran Shannon
    He brought a hard edge home to Leinster from Welford Road, an attitude that said ‘to hell with entitlement, you earn everything you get’. It served him and the province well, but Shane Jennings believes Irish rugby needs another shake up now. “I don’t think what we’ve done in the past will get us over the line,” he reckons.

“There’s something I need to get off my chest. We have to make decisions as players if we’re going to follow through on our commitments. I was there when Jenno said he was sick of going to the Sportsgrounds and how it was always [Connacht’s] World Cup final and how they beat us up, but how this time would be different, this time we’d get stuck in. It never happened... In the past, if Jenno or Leo said something around here, it was law. Does it now go in one ear and out the other? Are we getting a little too comfortable with each other? Just because there are three gold stars on the Leinster jersey?’

— Johnny Sexton, Becoming A Lion (2013)

Change. It’s something Shane Jennings knows a lot about.

Johnny Sexton and Brian O’Driscoll will tell you, it was Jennings and Leo Cullen that were the main instigators and enforcers of the standards that transformed Leinster from supposed ladyboys of Europe into three-times champions of the place.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/the-big-interview-shane-jennings-hits-hard-on-and-off-the-field-380422.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

jm08 wrote: »
    The Big Interview: Shane Jennings hits hard — on and off the field

You could probably find a few more threads to post this in. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He's mentioned it before about younger players not putting it in as much as they should.

You could probably find a few more threads to post this in. :rolleyes:

It mentions Connacht so you could post it in that thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

It mentions Connacht so you could post it in that thread :)

He was never vice-captain of Connacht. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

jm08 wrote: »
    He was never vice-captain of Connacht. :confused:

Never said he was, I said it mentioned Connacht which it does
    I was there when Jenno said he was sick of going to the Sportsgrounds and how it was always [Connacht’s] World Cup final and how they beat us up, but how this time would be different, this time we’d get stuck in

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Never said he was, I said it mentioned Connacht which it does

There's absolutely nothing new in that article. Jenno was saying all those things last season as well. It's old news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭A-Train

Just got the email of season ticket renewals, no price increase but it gets earlier and earlier every year.

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

A-Train wrote: »
    Just got the email of season ticket renewals, no price increase but it gets earlier and earlier every year.

"we are delighted to announce that not only will prices remain unchanged for the coming season but by renewing before the 21st March you can also lock your ticket price for the 2017/18 season.

As an extra bonus for those who renew before this date, we are also giving you exclusive access to a private Leinster team training session this May."

Really throwing in the goodies this year to try get people to renew. The locked prices is actually decent.

• Advertisement

"hopefully we'll be better at rugby next season too!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I've been meaning to buy my dad Season tickets for some time. The problem is that I think he'd want grandstand (he'd be happy out on the terrace - although he's not tall, but I imagine my mum would be his company mostly).

Are there more free seats in the grand stand, or are all the best ones already reserved?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Not a bad renewal offer, but it's only 9 February for heaven's sake!

vienne86 wrote: »
    Not a bad renewal offer, but it's only 9 February for heaven's sake!

They sent the mail on the 03rd Feb last year. It's generally been late Feb when they send the mail out so you're only talking 2 weeks earlier than normal. It's not really that big a deal. Plus getting it for the same price this year and next is pretty decent. As a terrace STH I haven't seen an increase in a while and won't again now for at least 2 years. That's good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

errlloyd wrote: »
    I've been meaning to buy my dad Season tickets for some time. The problem is that I think he'd want grandstand (he'd be happy out on the terrace - although he's not tall, but I imagine my mum would be his company mostly).

Are there more free seats in the grand stand, or are all the best ones already reserved?

Dont need to be tall for the terrace to be honest, I am 5ft 9" and have no problem. For the bigger matchs you just need to get in early.

I have brought my son as well and he is 15 and he has no issue with seeing once we are in early and get a good spot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just looking at the fixture list for the weekend and there's a chance we'll go top.

Dragons v Conn
    Uls v Gla
    Mun v Osp
    LLa v Edin
    Lein v Zebre

We're a point behind Lla and Conn and 2 behind Uls so a tbp win should put us ahead of Lla and Conn. Uls will have a game on their hands with Glasgow too.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Just looking at the fixture list for the weekend and there's a chance we'll go top.

Dragons v Conn
    Uls v Gla
    Mun v Osp
    LLa v Edin
    Lein v Zebre

We're a point behind Lla and Conn and 2 behind Uls so a tbp win should put us ahead of Lla and Conn. Uls will have a game on their hands with Glasgow too.

To go top with a game in hand over 5 of the top 6 would be fantastic.

CatFromHue wrote: »

Dragons v Conn
    Uls v Gla
    Mun v Osp
    LLa v Edin
    Lein v Zebre

As a Connacht fan I keep looking at the table quite happy and then remember that Leinster and Munster have a game in hand :(

Though I think the Irish provinces should be focusing more on Scarlets and Edinburgh than each other, at least until the interpros come around ;)

molloyjh wrote: »
    To go top with a game in hand over 5 of the top 6 would be fantastic.

It is, but there's no guarantee we'd come away with anything away against Glasgow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

It is, but there's no guarantee we'd come away with anything away against Glasgow.

Exactly. I think we would do well to just forget that game in hand, and if we get something out of it, it will be a bonus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement